/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Fucking Dwight Edition

Old Thread >What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Wiki:
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.1.0c)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/361798516941866683/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wEwu-mcfMew&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remember to strangle Nea.

first for meg is a cutie

Can we all agree that the hatch is the most stupid fucking bullshit in the game?

Would you say that in a game where you did fine enough to get a couple gens while your entire team got mori'd?

It needs some sort of animation like everything else in this game. It's ridiculous that unless you're literally standing on top of it the survivors can just get away no problem.

I get the idea of it, but the implementation is just silly. It's a complete godsend if you're on the run from the killer and manage to find it, but otherwise it doesn't even feel satisfying to use.

why is this happening the first 60 seconds of every billy game, down one then run in a straight line to the next person

Um there cheating?

Survivors are immensely predictable?

No, it's fine.

Yes, I absolutely would. 2 gens is nothing special, especially if your entire team was distracting the killer the whole time.

>mfw I LOSE a pip and a Grisly Chain, and a Rusted Chain for this shit
Fix your fucking game, Behaviour.

>entire team goes down in first minute because they all tried to help eachother and got downed by honingstone/chainsaw
>get mori'd
>YOU should get punish for them being retards

The problem with the hatch is how it's pretty much impossible to not get into it, not that it exists.

It is a team-based game, after all.

Oh, well if that's what you're sayin', yeah, maybe there should be like one extra gen needed

The difference between DbD and other team-based games is that you don't know or communicate with your teammates during the game. I can see someone getting punished if their team is being bad if that guy could potentially tell their team they're being shitters or something, but in this game you can't really help it when the dwight goes into the basement to get an item only to get caught, then the other 2 claudettes go down to help him and the whole slew of them gets mori'd while you're actually trying to stealth around.

>The killer stops right nearby where you're hiding and stands perfectly still
>You're injured

It just shouldn't be bonus points if it's a consolation prize, instead it should give half of what a door escape is worth.

>Killer passes your spot two times
>Third time he comes around he turns and stares directly at you

Haven't played in a while, got distracted by Subnautica. How is Nurse?

>juke the killer after being hit
>accidently sprint to your hiding spot
>he looks straight at you
>mfw

Fun.

>Playing Hillbilly
>someone hides
>pretend I don't see them
>rev up saw like about to go to the other side of the map
>last second flip over and hit them straight in the face, get a backflip
I can imagine their screams when I flip over to look RIGHT at them.

>killer is patrolling around and is walking away
>immediately turns around when he hears you begin to move

Survivors should need to go through the process of opening the hatch before they can get into it.

Somebody I never found getting into a hatch across the map is fine and dandy, but when even an already injured survivor can just bum rush the hatch while I'm standing there and still be practically guaranteed to get away, there's some bullshit going on.

So, OP?

Just pull them out when they're about to hop in

Does anyone have a problem with their game not saving after it closes? I'm in this endless recurring glitch or whatever that prevents me from putting any points into Nurse or Nea without them being rolled back whenever I restart the game. It also happens if I delete my save with sync off and try to start fresh. Anyone know what's going on?

No. She's the easiest killer to lose and juke. She just requires different strategies to counter.

If she gets you in the open with nothing to break line of sight then you are fucking dead kiddo.

Not him, but you and I both know that's a bullshit argument. The window of time for doing that is so incredibly small and you essentially need to be standing right on top of the hatch to do it.

Massively broken due to many factors, mainly lunge range/autoaim. essentially if she sees you, it's only a matter of time before she smacks you upside the head, you absolutely can't outrun her, your only hope is to break line of sight HARD and juke the fuck out of her. Good luck doing that on the farm map. Also she can animation cancel like a motherfucker so she can smack a nigga and then pick him up off a vault in the same motion.

Run into the cornfield. After the first blink crouch. Now crouch walk away.

Maybe if they made that not the most finicky shit in the world, you might have a point.

She is prob best killer, imo. People are causing a bigger fuss than necessary but they have a point.

Pallets are a fucking joke, the hit assist after blinking is criminal (don't even have to move your mouse, honestly), and the fact that she can blink several times in succession means that there's room for error.

She's not unjukable - I've gotten away a couple times during chases - it's just that it's hard to when she has that mobility. I think that some sort of change to how successive blinks work would make her a bit more bearable.

>Good luck doing that on the farm map
Just run into the corn and you'll never be found by a nurse

autoaim means so long as she is within range of hitting you, she will, regardless if shes facing you at all. You can do a full 180 and hit people behind you so long as you're close enough.

Yes, and if you dodge the first blink she's now disoriented and if she relies on the auto aim and attacks, she misses.

You can easily dodge the first blink by suddenly running towards her.

That's only assuming she fully charged the blink, she can just do quick charges and clear the distance without blitzing past you, and then just smack you. How shit at nurse are you? You should almost exclusively be short blinking.

You're joking... right?
That only works if you aren't in a chase. Any smart nurse wouldn't use her -

nvm

>Blinking in the cornfield
>Ever if they're not already injured
Nah. I'll take the extra time to run them down the old fashion way even if the Nurse is a lot slower, or just follow them until they run out of the field. Even on the rotten fields, there's not enough corn to continually run away from the killer.

If she's close enough to do 3 short blinks then you seriously fucked up. How do you even get in a situation where she is that close in an open area? She's slow as hell so you can easily hide when she approaches a generator. If she blinks onto the generator you can easily get behind a wall or object that breaks line of sight before she can attack.

Good luck chasing a sprint burster through the field. They'll lose you before you even enter the corn.

>You can easily dodge the first blink by suddenly running towards her.
This only works on Nurse players that haven't run into it before and take them by surprise. Once you've caught onto that trick, then anytime you're doing a medium range blink in a chase, you cut it short and then jump on them with the second blink.

In which case you're not really doing a medium range blink at all.

I'm not suggesting running at the Nurse until you're sure they're about to release it, and only do it if there's something to get behind, even something like a tree.

>easiest killer to lose and juke
How so?

Maybe if they also took lightweight and I was a mile away from them. Survivors can be a bitch to see in the cornfield, but the scratches sure as hell aren't.

If you break line of sight they have to guess your location, and once they blink they have to get stunned. Hell, you can run into a walled area, bait a blink, cross another wall to make you immune to their attack, and then while they get stunned you run and throw down a pallet. Now they have to break a pallet, go all the way around on foot, or commit to a teleport and another stun just to get to the side you were last on.

You obviously stop running early on and then crouch walk the other way.

I spent more time this game at the hatch than I did killing people.

>be roaming around the asylum as Trapper, see a Nea running into the central building within the first ten seconds of the match
>bueno.jpg
>chase her
>she runs into the basement
>morebueno.jpg
>barely catch up with her when she gets the brilliant idea of running into a locker
>there's already a Meg inside that locker
>evenmorebueno.jpg
>hook both (the Meg didn't even try to escape)
>almost leave the basement when I hear the sound of moist flesh leaving a hook
>a Dwight was hiding in ANOTHER locker
>buenointensifies.jpg
>gotta hook 'em all
>at this point, the second generator gets done
>after they all die gloriously, search for the hatch
>it happens to be right outside the building
>whycan'tiholdallthisbueno.jpg
>start looking for spare bear traps around the map
>scrounge up 5 bear traps in total, place them around the hatch (in tall grass)
>decide that it's no good to stick around at the hatch, start searching for the survivor
>walk away
>SNAP.mp3
>walk back
>get into melee range right as she escapes the bear trap
>she immediately jumps in
>she doesn't know you can pull people out of animations
>maximumbueno.jpg
>hook her
>attempt some post-game bantz, but she's clearly too ashamed to even reply
>mfw nobody even got a safety pip that round

Pic related is why the post-game chat is the best thing to grace this game.

>Playing some Nurse
>Get someone on a hook
>Decide to blink to a gen because it's close and the last three might be there
>Blink right into a survivor working on the gen
>Swing and suddenly phase through the ground

Pic related, mind the shit resolution

Any time you're in position to do a medium range blink*

Cutting the blink short is to account for potential juking, after which they're going to get lmaoautoaim'd regardless of what they do.

If you're running around in the open, yeah. If there is anything nearby to hide behind, even a simple tree, you can just run around that. The autoaim is shit and will make you miss more than it makes you hit.

I'm not sure how far away you're picturing the Nurse to be, but even with sprint burst, you're not just going to be able to just crouch away while she's on your ass in the corn. She isn't that slow.

I've not had problems with people using trees, blink or not. You can practically reach around them and bop the survivor on the other side unless it's one of those xboxhuge trees. If it is, then sure, if they happen to be by one of those, you have a point. Other types of debris tend to be too wide to pull that off properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=wEwu-mcfMew&feature=youtu.be

Just shut the fuck up you stupid nurse apologizer.

You can actually hit people THROUGH trees, and THROUGH walls. The lunge will literally go through solid objects. I don't get why that user is so fucking stupid that he can't understand that. Even the devs said it's unintentional and they fucked up.

That's a Trapper. A guy who can follow you around, run you down and attack you at will.

The Nurse has to blink on top of you, which is a little hard when you can break line of sight around a wall, and then turn around and run back when she tries to blink where you were going.

Now that the autoaim applies to all killers, Nurse is actually the least overpowered right now.

Nigga the point was to show off the ridiculous lunge you stupid fucking idiot.

Reminding you folks to do your rituals is pretty tiring. Everyone of you comes up with excuses as to why you don't do them. I'd really wish you'd just consider everything I have to do to remind you in order to please the entity.

You did remember to do your daily rituals, right /dbdg/?

I have never had anything like that happen as a Nurse. Not only that but the auto-aim usually forces me to miss. I'll aim at a survivor and instead she attacks a nearby wall.

Yes, the lunge is ridiculous. What does it matter when they have to blink on top of you despite not being able to see you? It's the other killers that have cheap lunges.

I always do my rituals, even if I don't like the killer that gets chosen.

>Pull 11 people off hooks
>As Dwight

Bullshit. I'm constantly smacking objects when coming out of blinks, even when I turn away from them before swinging. A lot of times I'll wind up hitting the wall above a crouched survivor.

>Now that the autoaim applies to all killers
There's always been aim assist. Why do people keep acting as if it's new? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Please KYS

>There's always been aim assist. Why do people keep acting as if it's new? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Auto aim was always there, but it was never as ridiculous as it is now.

I literally just hold M1 and the game does the rest for me now.

Despite being slower, the Nurse is the best killer along side Hillbilly to take advantage of situational awareness and juking.

She can cut-off and out-maneuver just as well as the other killers, except getting a Nurse off your ass after she's closed in on you with out being able to rely on her stun is the height of impossibility. Despite her speed, Nurse can just run people down because using pallets or windows is just going to get you hit for free.

What the fuck does the number mean when people spam it in lobby?
>1
>1
>1
>1

Or 2 sometimes. Is it some kind of strategy message? Or what the fuck? Too many people do it, there's got to be an explanation.

Oh man theres nothing more satisfying than that SNAP when you get yourself a fresh catch
Especially in a trap they disarmed in that spot and you reset without them knowing when they run away, I swear the window spot by the basement gets me a catch every game at least once

Spamming chat in the lobby tests how laggy the killer is. The more delay, the more lag.

No idea why we all use 1.

Seeing if the lobby has lag. If there is delay between inputs then the match will most likely have you lag all over.

They're testing to see if the killer is trying to host from Nicaragua. Their text should show up instantly if the connection is good. If they hit enter and they have to wait a year for it to show up, then they disconnect to escape the wrath of Jamal.

Oh shit, that's great. Thanks!

>Trapper with insidious.
>Can't check for traps in grass while crouch walking, have to come to a halt before any prompts might appear.
>Get caught in a bear trap morphed through the ground.

Just another fucking Trapper round. I should disconnect on principal against this overpowered faggot. Still worse than Nurse.

It would be nice to be able to do this, but they'll just tell their friends that I'm using Insidious.

Disregard reply.

>Is it some kind of strategy message
kek
try communicating back with them
>1
>1
>1
>2

Are you really complaining about trapper
Hes balanced just fine

no we can't, no matter how many times you post this

Honing Stone is the most bullshit item in the game. Just drag someone to the basement, trap every entrance and then stay close enough that they have no choice but to try to go in fast. Instant group wipe.

But like memento mori do you really see this every game

If the nurse has half a brain you're going on the ground after she finds. Really think they need to make each blink charge independently so you can't blink 3 times look down blink 3 times immediately.

Around half of them. Honing Stones are pretty damn common.

Except honing stone doesn't vacuum people into the trap, or even force their team to come help them. In the time it takes for you to catch, hook, and trap a man in the basement, the fucking doors could be lit up. The problem is people are stupid and try to save each other all the fucking time.

Against a team of full perk survivors, at best.

yes
she's probably the strongest any killer has been at any point in the game's life so far, very broke

>In the time it takes for you to catch, hook, and trap a man in the basement, the fucking doors could be lit up.
Maybe if it's SFW and you're all using voice chat, but if that's the case you can't possibly lose against any killer so it's not even worth mentioning.

>willingly walk into a trap
>DUUHHHH SO OP HOW DO I COUNTER A STOVE??

>Complains about trapper
>The most balanced killer in the game
>His traps are easily seen by non-retards and he has the only ability that can be completely removed (Saboteur on traps)
Time to shoot yourself survivor main, you have terminal stupidity.

But thats almost every game
Im doubtful unless you're against some high rank trappers consistently, even then you should know by now how to avoid the traps. If I were going to complain about addons billy is much more of a problem

The problem with traps is that once the Trapper gets someone in his basement, he can trap the hell out of it and stay close. Rescuing the guy is suicide, not rescuing him is suicide because the others on your team will try anyway and nothing will get done.

>The basement is hard to get into because the trapper has traps
>But my team will be stupid!
So do the smart thing and fix 2 generators, then go hatch hunting while they all die. The hatch tends to spawn next to buildings anyway, making them easier to find than most people think.

there is literally nothing wrong with the hatch

>Go hatch hunting every single game

Fun. And then you have the fact that Trapper deals with hatch the best.

agree

Honestly if a survivor is that close to the basement and get caught they deserve to be hooked down there, iron grasp and agitation aside. Focus on fixing the last generators and let the retard die while trapper just sits waiting for yet another survivor to snap in his window trap. Even then trappers dont have honing stone every game. Thats like saying billy has begrimed chain every game

>iron grasp and agitation aside.
You mean the perk every single killer uses unless the game screwed them out of it until level 47 or so?

As somebody who's been playing Nurse non-stop, I can say that this would do absolutely nothing. The more I play, the less I actually blink, and when I do, it's almost never three blinks.

The real problem I'm seeing is that if I chase somebody and just do it the normal way without blink, they're fucked and are never going to get away from me without massive jukes under threat of being hit if they use windows or pallets, and then they're hit either way and it's over, because I'm sure plenty of anons can tell you how short a Nurse chase tends to be when the survivor is already hurt.

>Devs are removing the ability to see survivor ranks/level when in the lobby for killer because of lobby dodging killers
>Now we're going to be forced into dealing with SWF teams on VOIP with the stale meta build

Survivors have saboteur, self heal and sprint burst consistently so I really don't see what the problem is unless you really cannot see traps

Of course. But the post I replied to acted as if Iron Grasp isn't a constant.

How do you chase a survivor like that when they can just hide as you approach the generator (or hide when you recover from stun after jumping on it) and they have sprint burst?

Sorry.
Meant "can all non-retards agree that the hatch is the most stupid fucking bullshit in the game?"