Redpill me on Rangers Veeky Forums

Redpill me on Rangers Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/ford/ranger-extended-cab-pickup
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-johns/93-ranger-4x4-rust-free/1173112964?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
nlclassifieds.com/Automotive-SUV-Crossover-Jeep-1998-Jeep-Cherokee-Bay-Roberts-Newfoundland-NLCId1989060
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mini truck...
Built by Ferd...

little trucks best trucks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger

get one senpai

Good dependable trucks.

4 cyl have good gas mileage if properly maintained but snail slow
3.0s and 4.0 v6 every other person says the other is junk or the other is the best. Both are good. Both waste as much gas a v8.

I have a 2001 4.0 with 190k miles and still runs like a champ. Only thing I've had go bad on it is a fuel pump that was the original. Proper maintenance is key.

The 4.0 is a good engine. The 3.0 sucks balls. 3.0 gets 4 cyl power and 8cyl fuel economy.

I have a 2000 Ranger with the 2.5 and I love it. I got the truck thinking it was just going to be transportation and maybe a kayak hauler. After I got it I got into off roading and it quickly became apparent that I should've gotten a 4x4 since I can fix pretty much anything at the shop I work at. I can't afford to get another truck at the moment so I'm stuck with my 2wd. They are surprisingly good off road stock. My Ranger has great articulation and it fits 235/75r15s just fine. It came stock with 225/70r15s so it was a bit of a jump.

I wish I had the money to get a Tacoma since they are far more capable and have a much better aftermarket. They also hold their value crazy well. Basically get a Tacoma if you have the money to. If you don't have the funds Ranger is still a good truck.

Taken from the IIHS:

The 2010-2011 model year has the best crash protection across all model years. All 2010-2011 Rangers have standard side airbags. Changes to the seats significantly reduce the chance of a whiplash injury, going from the worst rating of "poor" from the 2009 and older models, to "good" for the 2010-2011. Despite the improvements made on the 2010-2011 model years, the Ranger still retains an "acceptable" rating for protection in a moderate overlap front crash, with a "marginal" rating for right leg/foot protection. The IIHS said, "Forces on both tibias indicate that lower leg injuries would be possible".

The 2009 and older model years without side airbags recieve a "marginal" rating in side impact safety. The IIHS said, "Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. Serious neck injuries and a fracture of the pelvis would also be possible".

iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/ford/ranger-extended-cab-pickup

>Taken from the IIHS:

To clarify, this is information optained from the IIHS website, not a direct quote (excluding the parts in quotation marks).

it cant beat ur friend's stock civic

OP here, what do you think about this. kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-johns/93-ranger-4x4-rust-free/1173112964?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

>1993
>lifted with over sized tires
>yellow
>$3500
Nope

It can beat it across the creek.

Shitty old minitruck garbage shit for faggots.

>pops out of first sometimes
Enjoy spending what you paid for the truck to repair that trans.

This is a pretty one that rolled at a rallycross.

As much as I hate ford, I've never seen a single Ranger broken down.
My pals have owned a total of 5 between the two of them and each of them have ran. Not all of them have ran well, but they've all ran.

All the high trim ones are thrashed, seriously if you find a FX4/FX4 II that isn't leaking literally fucking everywhere buy that bitch immediately.
The I4 is trash (unless you savor slow). The 3.0 V6 is trash. The electronic drive selector is trash. The interior is trash. Other than that, great trucks but consistently overpriced unless they're I4/Manual/Single cab and 20 years old.

If you live here in Pickuptruckland aka the south just buy an equivalent year fullsize. Consistently better for the same price.

I hear Mexicans like them. Dunno why.

4cyl 2wd is the only configuration worth getting in a mini truck.

Every other configuration will get shit mpg and you might as well have a full size truck at that point.

>4cyl 2wd is the only configuration worth getting in a mini truck.

spotted the mexican

>As much as I hate ford, I've never seen a single Ranger broken down.
Because they're actually Mazdas.
Ford is garbage.

Can't you just rip the 4x4 from another junkyard ranger and fit it? You said you got a shop to work at so it shouldn't be too bad

bump
Thinking of getting a Ranger myself

Too bad it's a Ford engine that Mazda later modified

spotted the highschooler driving a vs 4wd ranger.

the new ones wont be getting to USA shores till 2019. they were designed in australia built in thailand along with its brother the mazda BT-50
the engine is a 3.2 diesel shared with the ford transit.
it tows up to 3.5 tonnes

usa will be getting the 2.3 ecoboost as a petrol option if diesel isnt your thing.

Yea... If your taking your larvae to pee-wee practice the civic IS better.

>neither can go through water past 2 feet deep
>creeks are past 2 feet deep
>is a shitbox
redlining at 80mph
>smells like old people

Lima 2.3/2.5 Duratec 2.3
>Trash

Confirmed for never having owned one.

Other way around, hombre. The B series trucks from 1994 forward were virtually an all-Ford truck. The engine, trans, frame, and most interior parts were sourced from Ford, having updated the Ranger in 1993.

Drove one near daily for work before they overhauled the fleet. But enjoy your 120 horsepower, sub 20 mpg pile of trash. And good luck getting a small payload to 60 mph within the next 10 years.

confirmed retard

OP here, what do you guys think about this? nlclassifieds.com/Automotive-SUV-Crossover-Jeep-1998-Jeep-Cherokee-Bay-Roberts-Newfoundland-NLCId1989060

Pain in the dick to change spark plugs.

Keep in mind i live in the rust belt so its kinda hard to find a non-rusty car, let alone truck.