Other urls found in this thread:

thesamba.com/vw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Best

Try justifying that.

Here let me complete your list
>iconic looks.

Literally nothing else.

Cheaply made, shit engine, no crash safety.

except they weren't cheaply made

Catches fire
Is insanely slow
Heater boxes will kill you if you don't die in a fire or car crash

Bullshit. Thin ass steel as the only thing between you and the car in front is not well-made. There's a reason all of them you are are rusted to he'll unless they're painstakingly garaged and gone through.
They were cheap cars back then, and shit cars now.

>he thinks sheet metal thickness is a major factor in cost

>implying it isn't
And it's more about build quality. The thickness of the metal is just another cost cutting move. The floors ALWAYS rust out, the engines are anemic and and electricals are garbage.
People only like them because
>muh hippy van XD

* Not to mention the shittiest suspension of any car

russsian cars used to use thicc as fucc sheet metal and they were cheap shit

>Shit because rust
I'd love to see the 60s cars that didn't rust.

VW's state of the art undercoating and meticulous quality control gave them better longevity than most cars of the same era.

You probably weren't alive in the 90s, but back then 60s and 70s Volkswagens were still all over the road, when literally any other car from the same time period was getting rare.

I wouldn't call a VW bus "best van ever made" simply because they're so old. They're remarkable for their time, though.

Op here

>shit engine
Explain

>catches on fire
Only if you don't take care of it or have a shitty empi carb

>Volkswagens are slow meme
Explain

>heater boxes explode
I've never heard of this

>unsafe
All vans made in the 60s-70s-80s are unsafe

>shitty suspension
Explain

I never said they explode, but it's a known fact that heat exchanger definitely let fumes into the cab

Not everybody is as young as you are. I started my late teens in the 90s. The buses were cheap throwaway cars back then. Just recently, people started conserving them like they aren't the second most produced VW

Op here
I have to say I do agree with this BUT there are so many n.o.s parts and good after market vdud parts for resemble prices that it very that out

Hearter boxes only do that if they are shity repops or there old and worn out

Good luck finding OEMs, and have fun driving a death trap

Well there are good repops you can buy for 80 dollars and must OEM ones are still good

That's fine if you like the smell of 87 octane, or worse, leaded fuel

I prefer not to wreck because I'm using ancient German tech from the 30s that makes me pass out at the wheel

i don't like them because i can't afford a bus truck like that one.

i love them, OP

hjnng

FUMES DO NOT LEAK INTO THE CABIN OF A AIRCOOLED VOLKSWAGEN UNLESS YOU HAVE RUSTED OUT HEATER BOXES OR A SHITTY REPOS MATE IM PRETTY SURE THEY WOULDN'T HAVE SOLD 12 MILLION OF THEM IF THEY DID

>Best van ever made
>not posting based uaz

>tfw no love for the vw 181/thing/safari

12 million buses

Is that counting the old ones they still make in the favelas? Microbus' are fume box death traps

Yes

Ban test

How can you compare an old car with a modern one? Are you fucking retarded? A cheap modern car like a Ford Focus from 2005 is better than every old car you can name. From efficiency, safety, any point of view you can name. And as for the best van ever made? Can you carry a dead horse in that piece of crap? I think not so fuck off delusional hipster.

Things are badass user

Crew cabs you can get cheap in some area's but if you want a truck one you can get them for cheap in most areas
Look here
thesamba.com/vw/

They were 20-30 years old at that point, of course they were throwaway cars. Comparable domestic vehicles were mostly long gone, though.

80s and early 90s Hondas/Toyotas occupy the same niche today- shitboxes by modern standards, but some of the better-designed vehicles of their day, with longevity to show for it.

The Samba is where people list Volkswagens for obscene prices hoping that they'll snag some rich buyer who doesn't know better. Fun to browse but I'd never actually buy something there.