Harley Davidson hate thread

Harley Davidson hate thread

Today I completed my MSF course for my motorcycle endorsement through a harley-davidson dealership (not capitalized for disrespect).

>be me, 18 M
>show up to first day of class
>MFW everyone else in the class is either 50 years old with a beer gut, or a trashy chick.
>one other cool guy into sportbikes and dualsports
>grey haired potato walks over to me and asks what kind of harley im going to get.
>say "actually Im more interested in sportbikes"
>"user, harleys go plenty fast enough why do you want one of them rice burners"
> say "well if I had 25,000 to spend on a harley i'd just buy a nice car"
>potato gets visibly frustrated
>"user, them sportbikes are dangerous. you get on one of them: you gonna die"
>noticed potato talking about how obama wanted to ban assault weapons earlier
>reply to potato "actually I dont think sportbikes are inherently more dangerous than any other kind of bike. Saftey all comes down to the rider and the choices he makes, much like with guns. an AR15 can either be lethal or harmless but it all depends on the owner and the choices they make, the gun itself isnt a problem"
>harleyfag visibly butthurt
>cant argue with me without comprimising his stance on guns earlier.
>faggot huffs and puffs then walks off

>day 3
>time for skills eval
>pass with a 96%
>MFW stupid harleyfag flunks out and then blames the harley bikes for his failure

reading this i just realized they are called harley-davidson i always thought they were harvey-davidson

I like you you are special.

Dude I know the feeling. Every time I go somewhere the Hardley douches try to give me shit about "not owning a real bike?"

I ask them what makes a Harley a "real bike" and they can't give me a straight answer.

Some make some vague notion about not being able to afford a "real bike". Seriously? I own a Rocket3, an R1 and a Speed Triple... If I wanted a Harley, I'd have one.

Of all the bikes I've ridden, Harleys are the least comfortable, worst performing.

Ugh. I hate bikes that are designed to sacrifice performance for the "look and sound".

"But Harley's hold their value really well!".... Only to other Harley fucktards. I give two fucks what you think my sportbike is worth. I didn't buy it to sell it.

Literally this^

They get pretty offended when I tell them my R1 can do everything their bike can do and never leave second gear. Not even use first.

don't worry brother, one day you'll ride a REAL bike

Sounds like the guys who shit on anything that isn't an American v8 with a solid rear axle.

A while back I went to a bike show/swap meet. My friend who is real into older euro stuff and Japanese sport bikes and myself wandered around seeing what was there.

The crowd consisted of typical Harley riders with leather jackets and American flags and bald eagles on their t-shirts. Large guts and low Iqs were not at all in short supply. After about the second hour I broke. I couldn't stand another yokel babbling about the great deal they just got, and how the guy they bought the 1960 dipstick from didn't have a clue what he was selling.

For the rest of the time I would just look over at my buddy and be like, "hey! look at this harley- I'm glad someone brought one to the event"

what's that brother, does the masculinity and beauty of a motorcycle like this offend you?

How long until you graduate to faggot tricycles

>don't worry brother, one day you'll ride a REAL bike
fucking fagbaging and a "real" one at that

it's fun to watch them get even more buttflustered when you bring up how all their real bike will end up in the same landfill when they get wrecked by a soccer mom texting and driving

always ended any interaction with them with a sarcastic, "stay safe out there"

maybe when I am like 75, brother

Maybe then you'll be big enough to sit on your 'real bikes' and not like a 12 year old kid

Serious question: for real what do you find thrilling about Harley's. In my mind literally everything is worse about them.

Slow
Painful
Seating position kills your back after a while
Expencive
Breaks down more
Exhaust sound makes me cringe
Ugly
When somone thinks Harley, they also think of middle aged man in a mid life crisis
Horrible enthusiast fan base
Boring to ride

He's a hipster

you don't even have a bike, kike

Are the cruisers from Japan companies better than HD such as Yamaha vstars, Honda shadows, etc? I've been wanting a cruiser for a while after I complete my safety course, and Harleys in iowa are all but cheap unfortunately. I'd only buy a Harley for the murican dream, but I wouldn't mind a Yamaha

if your'e going to be a fag, get a jap cruiser. Good reliability from what I hear and they dont cost an arm and a leg.

>Look cool
>Made in America
>Comfy to sit on
>Great sound
>Chicks dig them
>I think they're cool
Not everything needs to be subjectively best, see how many people enjoy Nissans :)

Only trashy chicks like harleys

As an American, the majority of women I know who aren't into bikes only know like to brands. Harley and ducati. Dave way when you say sorts car it's either Ferrari, corvette, Lamborghini or mustang.

Honda Shadow 1100 ACE. Plenty of power, cruise at 75 all day and barely use the 5th gear, awesome looks and sounds, and super reliable.

Don't let others shoo you away from a cruiser; they're the most comfortable, and they perform just as well to an average rider.

Inb4 butt hurt crotch rocket riders
The average rider doesn't go 150-200mph, drag your knee in the corner, and they sure as hell aren't as comfortable.

This. My dad had one for 16 years, kickass bike and that single pin cranked V twin was sweet

>tfw living near Milwaukee
You talk shit about Harley and you'll be eating food through a straw

>tfw wearing comfy Harley leathers on my Honda

What bike?

i like the look of street bikes way more, but yea, get something reliable that you like the look of

just by that requirement, harleys are out the window, unreliable and expensive as fuck, but honestly, anything that you have that lets you get out and ride is the thing you should have

if that's a grom, a 125 dirt bike, some goofy little dual purpose, a street bike crotch rocket rice burning faggot mobile, or the most efficient way to convert gas to exhaust noise cruiser

Nice quads

CB600F. Nothing special.

Hornet? How do you like it? I really want an fz6 but I'm a Honda guy. To bad they're so hard to find

Yea. It's a good, solid bike for just about anyone. We call it the 599 for some reason. I prefer calling it the actual name.

Go to ride a project live wire (electric Harley bike)
Instructors say don't drag your feet on the rear brake like all sport bikers do. Grrr durr
I'm a sports bike rider
Only squids do that shit regardless of what bike they are on...
Say some other shit praising Harley Davidson and constantly put down other riders
Gee whiz, am I going to have to deal with this close minded shit if I buy a live wire bike?

So it's Indian/Victory, but shittier?

Indians and victorys arent as gay IMO.

>comfy to sit on
No it's not

>great sound
Sure, if you like the sound of a loud go kart or lawn mower

I don't like Harley's but my dad's vrod is fucking sick, sounds amazing, and fast as fuck. Still wouldn't get one but if I ever did man would i kill for that.

Neat thanks.

I've been comfy on every Harley I've sat on. Checkmate, atheist.

They're very similar to Indian.

They are comfy at first but the seating position puts a lot of stress on your back and between your shoulders. Also the leg position on harleys will give you cramps if you dont stretch.

Fair enough.

>Made in Mexico
>Methhead single mom's like them
FTFY

How BTFO would be the average harley owner if he goes against a new V-Max or a Diavel since those two are also cruisers? I know those two pack some serious power, but I don't know a lot about harleys.