Driving Style General

How would you describe your driving style, Veeky Forums?

Are you a total fucking maniac who consistently does 100mph+ in residential areas, rips mad skidz everywhere and overtakes literally everything infront of you? Or are you an old man who drives everywhere at 50% of the speed limit? Somewhere inbetween?

yes

>Are you a total fucking maniac who consistently does 100mph+ in residential areas, rips mad skidz everywhere and overtakes literally everything infront of you?
Doing this doesn't make you a maniac, it just makes you stupid.

Daily reminder that speeders are a menace and that the limit is enforced for a reason.

Speeder who uses laws of the road as more of guidelines. The objective is just to not hit anything

i usually drive almost-legal fast like 10-20 kph over

Passive - Aggressive

on back road or 1 lane freeway or highways whatever you guys call it it's dangerous but as soon as you got more than 2 lane and not a lot of trafic speeding is fine

always slightly faster than traffic, if you are going 35 in a 50 GET THE FUCK OFF THE HIGHWAY

Momentum conservation.

Once I get moving I don't like to have to stop until I get where I'm going.

>50
>highway

North Korea or...?

calm; drive like a grandpa after church on a sunday

yea it takes a while to get where i need to, but i know how long it takes and i get there on time or early, and end up having everyone i know feeling more than comfortable falling asleep in the car

The speed limit. Always the speed limit.

Under the limit? Fuck you. I will find and kill your family.

Seconding the "no worries, we'll get there" mentality.

at the speed limit in the slow lane, or the middle lane if the slow lane merges/exits, i will speed up to keep up with traffic until i can get back into the slow lane
why? so people can get butt mad at the next guy not me, no point in purposefully pissing people off, especially on the freeway these days with all the shooting happening on the freeways in the bay area

10 over always
Where i live cops don't care unless your 15+ over

Tfw almost every single person ive driven around has fallen asleep on me at one point

It's an abstract sort of feel

I absolutely hate driving but when I do drive I drive safe

This is how women drive

Pretty much these two combined.

>I sit in the right lane doing the speed limit.
>On the highway I do 5-10 over the speed limit in the middle lane.
>I'm very cautious when turning, especially around blind corners. I'd rather wait an extra 5 seconds than end up fucking-up my back again.
>When on the freeway/highway and encountering an exit/onramp, I get in the middle lane and speed up a bit to keep traffic flowing. Then move back over and return to my normal speed once I'm clear of the exit.

I leave the hektik skidz on the track. On the road, I drive smoothly and comfortably. Not super boring so I don't fall asleep, since I like to take corners and occasionally speed, but everything is smooth and safe.

Whatever the traffic around me is doing. If the limit is 65 mph and everyone around you is doing 80, then do 80. Havent gotten any tickets in the 2 years ive been driving, so i guess it works

a bit too conservative unless I'm feeling really comfortable or really stressed, then it's a bit hectic sometimes, like going a bit too fast or not noticing things; I kind of need to be calm but slightly concerned to do my best
also I need to work on my turns
five miles under fambro (I tend to be like 7 or 8 under but I think 5 is very reasonable)

S M O O T H
M
O
O
T
H

>yfw you realize everyone innately trusts you

it's like being the opposite of a sociopath, you get to have all of the feels

I mostly drive 10-15 MPH over the speed limit (depending on the road), but very smooth and efficiently. I'm not the kind of guy who races up to the next stop light only to slam on the brakes like a retard. Always makes me laugh when people feel the need to do this.

I would consider myself a defensive driver

depends on if people are around or not

always do the speed limit +3 km/h
try to coast in gear, rather than just brake constantly
due to coasting keep my distance
always try to let in people
lazy acceleration
slow comfy braking

sometimes I forget to check pedestrian crossings. feel like crap afterwards

also my daily is pretty slow, so no point in trying to tagumi
hoon in the night with my e30

Mellow. I match the flow of traffic, but I don't try to overtake people constantly, and I try to predict how long it will take to shift around and slow for signals to make the ride as smooth as possible. Also, I am dead set on not leaving a scratch on my glorious shitbox.

Agreed.

My speeds depend on whether or not it's rush hour, if it is I'll probably be 10ish over and if not I'll be more likely to cruise.

Also I pay attention to little things, I know where every pothole is on my 25 mile commute. I know the bus in the right lane is gonna a stop in 4 blocks so I leave that lane. I always watch the countdown of seconds on the crosswalk indicator to see if it's going to yellow soon. Generally move over a lane to let merging traffic in.

>How would you describe your driving style, Veeky Forums?

A mix of thoughtfulness and speeding up to 10MPH more than the limit in some places to keep up with traffic flow. When going downhill and I know there is a short area before the stop sign or traffic light, I will be tapping my brakes every now and then to slow down on the hill. There's no need to coast down building up speed just to brake hard at the bottom. It's also easier on the brakes to spread the braking load out and have cooldown instead of a strong super hot braking action that heats up the pads and rotors.

The kid driver in parents' new Lexus GX SUV thought I was brake checking him though. There were no adults in that SUV. The young age driver (he had other young passengers) in the new lexus SUV (still had window tag) raged. Super Raged. He was too new a driver to recognize that there was a short area before the traffic light, but I guess he doesn't care about money since he didn't earn that expensive car. He kept on trying to get in front of me to brake check me multiple times. At that range, I would have hit him possibly because he was bad at brake checking because he really would slam the brakes and come to almost a temporary stop. That's the kind of checking that forces a collision. But I guess he had to show machismo to his friends.

That's a common problem with these rich spoiled kids - a genuine bad attitude. He was still a novice at traffic flow prediction though. I got in back of a slower car (heh heh) and then opened up a space in front to tempt him into it. He took the bait and moved into the left lane and I moved to the right lane and paced the other cars (sorry to the other cars) to use them to block him into that lane past his desired off ramp turn off. He thus had to drive into the slum land where I knew he obviously was not from. I then took the right on the off ramp he wanted. If he got more skillz, he be a really dangerous rager though.

>Daily reminder that speeders are a menace and that the limit is enforced for a reason.

Someone I know is disgusted at law breakers. So he always drives the speed limit on the freeway. He uses whatever lane is most comfortable to drive in. If the freeway is not marked with "slower cars to right" then he will use the HOV or left lane as those have the most clear widest separation from other cars ahead of him.

The speed limit is the maximum speed. Therefore, it is legal to drive at a lower speed.