/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Superior hardware edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Plailect's new guide, freeShop 2.0 and DS games running from SD out SOON™

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.
-Tokyo Xanadu released as the first fully playable decrypted vpk backup.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yifanlu/status/766738780992643072
github.com/Wolvan/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=46699&sid=2e893dd7c1cf19f382351be3aed6033d
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46594
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wii u iosu w h e n

1st for i hope yifanlu dies in a fire
twitter.com/yifanlu/status/766738780992643072

five hours

If all I care about are 3DS and DS games, can I just buy a Sky3DS+ and an R4i Gold??

5 hours

V I T A
D O W N G R A D E R

newfag here

So apparently I need encTitlekeys.bin from the github in order for freeShop to find shit.

But the github now has a .cia and .3ds

Do I install the .cia with FBI or what the fuck

i'm sorry, but his moralfagness and attention seeking aside that is actually true. if we could brute force crytpokeys we would be doing that.

I fucking hate Yifan. I thought Smealum was bad with KICKASS but Yifan is literally 1000 times worse than him. He's an insufferable faggot and I hope he gets his shit kicked in.

see

you don't need a 3ds flashcart you can get cfw for free and yes for ds games but you may want to wait since you might be able to play ds games off the sd soon

Or what the fuck?

Look whose salty

>Do I install the .cia with a .cia installer??

No, don't do that. Your 3DS will fucking explode.

Also just use github.com/Wolvan/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases

step one use charles proxy to "update" vita to fucked up 3.60 file (more like fucked up meta data, but whatever), softbricking it

step two boot vita to safe mode and redirect the update calls to a good 3.60 update file.

Truth or not, what everyone hates is how he's fucking smug about being such a faggot

you get encTitlekeys.bin from 3ds.titlekeys.com

oh, I feel dumb
Thanks guys

Again, if it was that easy why did it take until now for someone to figure out how to downgrade? I call bs

Is federation force even worth stealing

Can I buy DSiwsre off the Canadian store or must it be from the US? Both 3DS also need to be from the same region right?

>LoH
Coldsteel, supposedly?

not really you just play it to suffer just to see the prime 4 tease at the end

Well the issue here is that, I'm on 11.0
And I don't know anyone who can do a hacked system transfer.

we'll just have to wait and see if the devs can confirm it

Yes. It's a surprisingly good game even if it isn't really Metroid. Your mileage may vary, but it's well made and fun to dick around with friends in

The undub, nothing new

then hardmod it or get someone to hardmod for you, sky3ds is like $80 for less you could buy like a 2ds on a hackable firmware or buy the tools to hardmod it, sky3ds can't even play eshop games and you can get banned if you don't make headers it's just obsolete at this point

Can I delete enctitlekeys updater now?

Not if you want to.... update. Whenever new games come out.

but freeshop does that already

Both of my devices were set to canada and the fieldrunners downgrade worked fine

Really? I haven't had to use it in a while, is that a 2.0 feature?

To the people playing xanadu in japanese just a few things tha might help you out.

Hold x to speed and skip through dialog and cutscenes.

Near the end of chapter 2 you get the ability to replay missions so its not only boring dialog for hours and hours.

Each charcter has an element and enemies have elemental weaknesses that you can match for more dmg and bonus reward.

Holding R to run also works in school and the rest of the city.

Thats probably it, the rest is easy to figure out just by messing around.

goodbye godawful looking ui on RA-vita

Thanks user

Yes, as of today.

Sounds good.
I'll see if I can get someone to hardmod for me.

Last question, for GBA, is the latest nightly for mGBA the best? Retroarch's GBA was shitting on Zelda Minish Cap.

Good if they got off GBAtemp's moralfag train.

HOW

>friends
None of them have hacked 3DSes and they're not gonna buy this shit

I'll just finish zexually transmitted disease

So far the reports I have seen are people saying it just bricked them even more so... yeah.

they are adding the xmb that they use on the ps3 release

one questio here:
yesterday a friend gave me his o3ds to update it to a9lh but he never unlinked the nands and he doesn't want to lose anything on the emuNAND.
it's possible to use tinyformat in the sysNAND for part-4 of in plailtec's guide?

Is it in the latest nightly or is this for a later release?

later release afaik, i'm pretty excited about it

That sucks. I've played a few missions solo and it was alright, but it's definitely more fun with friends. Feels more like Metroid solo though

Hype wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=46699&sid=2e893dd7c1cf19f382351be3aed6033d

any cheap alternative to vita cards yet?
sd to vita converters?
stolen assembly line cards on aliexpress?
Ima have to rob the next nigga I see with a vita

late, was posted in the last thread

Im on the vita, which topic?

Hype for demos?

Who cares? Doesn't vitashell install packages, or am I missing something?

Not sure if this question belongs here, but does Nintendo have a way of distinguishing A9LH 3DSes from regular 3DSes?
Asking since I'm thinking about competing in regional Pokemon VGC tournaments.

If they do we don't know.
Free/Eshop logs might tell them.

>caring about vita

Any news on 11.0 being cracked yet or is that years away?

Top men are working on it.

Top. Men.

@152540168
>console wars

nedwill is apparently trying to get a 11.0 exploit the exploit isn't there though so it may be months or years, if he does ever release it though it'll most likely be after the 3ds' life cycle
there's already 2 methods to downgrading 11.0 for now

I've been away for far too long so I'm just checking, is it fine to update my emuNAND to the latest firmware?

I'd hate to do something fucking stupid by accident.

yeah

The 3DS scene has enough blood now to not let the flood gates open again for a while, 11.0 or whatever won't get released until next year at least if it's even possible.

Everyone had half a year to downgrade also.

IOSU fucking when anyway.

Can I download N3DS exclusives on my O3DS from freeshop? I know they won't run, but I wanna know if I can put them on it.

i think so may have changed lately but you can try, what's the point though

>vita demo backup loader

>vita downgrader soon

This means I can play psp backups on 3.60 right or not yet?

>messing with vs0
Yeah, good luck with that if you haven't hardmodded and backed up your NAND. Just switch to IDU and back when you're done installing demos.

Theflow has epsp exploits that he plans to release after finding a way to load it natively so its just a matter of time anyway. Not sure about downgrader though but its probably going to be redundant because 3.61 has no access to henkaku.

It's priority one so we should see progress soon.

it installs VPKs. I believe that installs PKGs, like stuff downloaded off Sony's servers.

it's the hypest thing at the moment.

Why should it be? I think any responsible hacker should wait at least a year to play their trap card. We need something left to do once Nintendo finally drops the 3DS.

You're going to get shit frame rates and stuttering up the ass. I'm not shilling the N3DS but I'm letting you know so you don't waste your time with it. I think the latest FBI allows N3DS -> O3DS

Only if your backups from PSP contain your legit rif licenses and both consoles are activated on the same PSN account.

>vita downgrader soon
Spoofing fw update files on the Vita was attempted on day 1 and obviously didn't work. That shit is shady as fuck, don't even try it.

I don't think he was serious

you can't launch it at all, on n3ds you can see how it would play on o3ds though by setting the clock speed to the o3ds during gameplay

Oh, well sometimes the latefag mentality can be unironic.

If NX is the successor to 3DS, any idea if homebrewers are going to be at it from day 1?

being real, how really likely is DS rom loading ? is it actually a possibility or is it blind hope?

>I believe that installs PKGs, like stuff downloaded off Sony's servers.
Yes it does install them, but it doesn't install licenses obviously, so unless the stuff you've installed is DRM-free it will refuse to run.
You can manually copy the legit license from the same PSN game you have on your PSP and get a game that's normally PSP-only on your Vita and that's all.

It's happening, read the GBAtemp thread.

a lot more possible than it ever was just give it time

freeShop crashed and now I can't see game descriptions and the download icon is red

I am dowloading something so It works but what happened?

It's never exactly been considered a shining example of perfectly stable Homebrew.

Fuck off Yiffan

>get a game that's normally PSP-only on your Vita
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46594
TL;DR: install a .pkg of the PSP game you own, copy its .rif license from your PSP to the appropriate location on your Vita, done.

so what's stopping people from creating something like ReactPSN for the Vita?

Based chink is going to deliver more Vita games, right?
He's not full of shit, r-right? ;_;

The same reason why ReactPSN doesn't work on OFW: lack of the kernel exploit to bypass DRM checks.

The main barrier is gone.
Now all that's needed is crafty coding.

Who knows?

Is there any way to make it so that EUR copies of games are counted in the Activity Log the same as the US copies?

How do you install homemenuhax? I know you have to place it in the "3ds" file, but when i open it to install, it gives an error and it cant download

Why would you need to

how is 3dschaos supposed to work? i made an account and i don't have enough permissions to do anything. i can't even read the rules where i'd hope to find the answer to these questions
why do these sites suck so much

Menuhax installer often has errors but as long as it succeeds at the end it should be fine. Otherwise, try updating the menuhax installer

part 1 of the guide in the op

autism that's why

they aren't counted at all? or just incorrectly? kinda interested in this too.

Oh dear... well you're only holding yourself back, y'know?