Buying new car or used M6

I just recently got enough money to buy a small new car but just found an add of someone selling a used 2006 bmw M6 for $20,000 only 18k miles on it

Would you recommend buying the M6 (risking malfunctions) or buying a new car for a similar amount

Other urls found in this thread:

esstuning.com/e39-m5-vt1-560-supercharger-system/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you enjoy tow trucks so much. Why not buy a tow truck?

You only live once and you only have one chance to make a good first impression. I say get the M6.

there's plenty of great stuff for 20k, new and used, that's much better than an m6

what color's that m6

It's white
But they put like a chrome sticker covering it completely

You cannot afford to own an M6 out of warranty.

Used M6s are what you look at when you have 40k and you're ready to take a gamble not in your favor of lighting half of it on fire. There's a reason used M6s are so cheap.

how many hp does that add?

No not a good idea. I'd highly recommend something fun and used for 20k over something new but boring, but the M6 is aiming too high for that money.

Remember being able to afford to buy a car and being able to afford to own it are two very different things.

The M6 is nice but that price and chrome wrap suggests crappy previous owner. Crappy previous owner plus V10 sports coupe equals repairs on the horizon. And it's a relatively late year BMW so they'll be costly.

Plus insurance, gas, tires, wear items, etc.

If you want something fun used for 20k, find something you like for fifteen and leave yourself plenty of breathing room for maintenance and the extra costs of not having a new car with warranty.

Better to get a new car than worry about when your car will break down.

/bmw/ here

M5 and M6's with the V10 engine are fantastic and comfortable, but the engine and its smg transmission are a little troublesome and expensive to maintain, and thats without counting tires which you'd go through really quick, even if you don't fuck around much, the torque really fucks with them, you'd also get absolute shit gas mileage.

Keep in mind you'd be buying a 10 yearold car.

I'd instead get an e46 M3, it's cheaper to own and more reliable compared to the m6, and its just as fun.

Or y'know, just get the new car and live a comfy, carefree life until you can afford something nicer.

i remember that m6 was $120,000 when it came out

60+ bhp

Thanks for the advice
That is what troubles me about the M6

If something on the engine or transmission breaks it's gonna be expensive as fuck to pay for it

How do I get my S62 to V10 level 500hp?

I thought silver stickers reduce weight, and it's the red ones that increase power?

Nice! I've always found the m6s to be incredibly sexy.it would be better if you were a mechanic to wrench on it yourself, otherwise repairs may be pricey.

im sure there's a lot of things that you can't do by yourself, like dealing with the SMG gearbox and rear differential.

esstuning.com/e39-m5-vt1-560-supercharger-system/

Nice pic, but the E39 is not an M. Mirrors are wrong.

>supercharger
>turbo

Just no.

That's the only way you're going to get an S62 to 500HP.

Aside from throwing (probably) tens of thousands at it (pic).

Thanks, but I'll rather stay happy with 400, then.

Look at the cylinder wall width of the S62. Even the sleeves have to be trimmed to take what was an M62 block and overbore it to 4.9L (from 4.4).

I suppose some VAC stage 3 heads would help, but the ECU can't be tuned to take it.

For $5K, the ESS kit isn't bad. I put ~20K miles on mine before I sold it.

>For $5K, the ESS kit isn't bad.

It's not about the price. It's about changing the fundamental characteristic of the S62. As in a magnificent NA V8.

Any change you'd to short of maybe an ECU flash would do that anyway.

It's ugly, tbqhwyf.

What new car for 20k is better than an M6 you autistic cuck?

What would you do to take any other 4v road engine over 100hp/litre?

>F1 derived V10 engine with a 8250 rpm redline with several engine of the year awards for 4 years in a row
>F1 derived SMG transmission
Yeah the E63 M6 and E60 M5 are damn amazing cars and the engines are extremely tough. But those are literally the worst BMWs for fuel economy and one of the most costly to upkeep, everything is expensive including brakes, suspension parts etc. If you can afford to drop about 10k per year for maintenance and repairs, go for it.

Take your 20k and buy a classy older 6-series that will appreciate in value if you keep it nice.

Old 6s have already appreciated to the point that they are overpriced for what they are

>He plans on rebuilding himself a sophisticated V10 engine and an SMG gearbox

It's not a chebby three'fiddy, son. Try asking for parts for that engine at your loca O'Reillys...

>implying you can afford maintenance on an M6

that car has a dirty title or is a scam u dumb fuck

This.
Can afford an M3 E92 outright. Cannot afford insurance after that.
Think about after costs.

My brother in law own a M6 and had one before that, never had any problem with it.
If the previous owner respected the car and had it well maintained, you'll have no problem.

>15256710
depends a lot on how much op has to spend aside from that 20k
i think E63 AMGs from the w211 era are in that range and don't cost that much to maintain DIY, and aren't that hard to work on with a few specific exceptions

its just that gen of M6 was eugh

Just buy the m6 and dont drive it a lot
i went this route and i love my siqq as fuck car

Why buy a used car when chances are it was abused

It only has 35,000 km
I don't think it was abused that much. But then again I'll have to go and see it so I can be sure of the car is working properly

Made me laugh out loud.