I know he's overplayed as fuck, but I pretty much know the most there is to know about this guy...

I know he's overplayed as fuck, but I pretty much know the most there is to know about this guy. I've borderline stalked him. He does financial lessons on YouTube, but the truth is, they're worthless if you're trying to become as rich as him. The timeline goes a little something like this: He made between $500-800k by the age of 23 through investing in his personal account. This means his first few major shorts in the biotech were made using his own capital. Afterwards, he launched MSMB Capital, where his wealth really took off. Investing other peoples money, IE shorting biotech stocks in which he knew would fail clinical trials, he made himself mega wealthy and his investors well off. So the question stands, IS learning how to invest and getting measly 15-20% gains annually worthless? I propose that the real value comes in learning pharmacology, FDA approval process, and a bit of statistics. This is how Mr. Shkreli really became wealthy, not by analyzing Apple stock as he makes it appear on YouTube.

Quickest way to learn the TLDR of pharmacology/FDA approval process?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697811/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3380347/
newsroom.gehealthcare.com/preventing-overhype-in-healthcare/
gawker.com/martin-shkreli-was-bad-at-investing-and-worse-at-steali-1748566734
forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2015/08/20/the-fda-is-basically-approving-everything-heres-the-data-to-prove-it/#7a3e28834938
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FDA approval process is easy, you can google that there's a lot of documentation out there.

>tldr of pharmacology
Yeah nah, there are some obviously hyped up drugs and treatments (i.e. monoclonal antibody Tx 3 years ago, still good but not what the salespeople were hawking), but by the time it's common knowledge the clinical trials are well over. Just remember some of the people investing in these drugs are the doctors prescribing them and seeing the results firsthand. Drugs are unpredictable, they develop them and then test them to see if they have the desirable properties they're seeking, not the other way around. Hence the requirement of the drawn out approval process

All up this process can cost ~$1 billion

And I quote, his first major biotech short with Jim Cramer was "kinda obvious" and he "knew nothing" at the time (his exact words) so you may be onto something with obviously hyped up drugs and treatment, still hard to see if you don't even know what monoclonal antibody Tx means without googling it

I'm not a doctor, but I am trained and work in healthcare/sciences and i'm trying to branch into the research side of things. Monoclonal antibodies might not be the best example, they still are very successful and effective treatments for cancer, Rheumatoid arthritis etc.. Essentially monoclonal antibodies are a drug that stimulates the immune system to attack diseased cells. It is very successful, but if you have a look at these papers....

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697811/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3380347/

It follows what your saying, it's not hard to tell when people take these papers and pull quotes out like 'magic bullet' against cancer, when there's a whole host of other issues that need to be addressed when the drugs are coming to market. I think a quote I found on this article summerises it pretty well...
newsroom.gehealthcare.com/preventing-overhype-in-healthcare/

... used monoclonal antibodies as an example of the perils of building up expectation. “There are a lot of success stories. They just haven’t happened as quickly as one might expect or wanted."

But holy fuck that would be a risky short if you don't know (you don't) as you've seen the price of these companies skyrockets on approval

But holy fuck that would be a risky short if you don't know (you don't).

He never made is investors any money and actually did some retarded tier bets without regard to risk management.
Of course shorting Biotech might appear profitable mid-term since only 15% of drugs get FDA approval. So your short will be successful 85% of the time just by chance. However if you play this game, you eat like a chicken and take a dump like an elephant if you are wrong.

gawker.com/martin-shkreli-was-bad-at-investing-and-worse-at-steali-1748566734

I have no fucking idea or advice for you user.
But I do want to compliment you on your train of thought and your ambition.

If you're at college you should have access to academic materials and peer review journals for virtually free.
You should be able to start reading about different compounds or syntheates of drugs or something.

And if not, well... dude... find a way of getting access to pharmacological and biochemical journals.

Godspeed mah nigga.

dead system
forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2015/08/20/the-fda-is-basically-approving-everything-heres-the-data-to-prove-it/#7a3e28834938

martin stop shilling yourself.

And this is why cancer, aids and viral infections will never ever be cured.

Just let us test it on some starving african kid and wel'l be good to go. He's going to die anyway of starvation.

Bullshit. The long expensive process exists because most drugs don't work and people will scam people. Also it is harder to get drugs approved in the US and it saved our babies!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide

He literally say this in finance video #1.
And 15% consistently
is insanely good.

I just short the stocks from every Robin Hood thread. I've made $4.6 million with my own money

Problem poorfriends?

He also says it like it's impossible to get rich investing, yet he did. His first lesson he says even if you start with $50k, it's not enough. The thing is, he got rich by investing though... just in a different way than he's teaching the rest of us. Yes, 15% is insanely good but not going to make you rich if you're starting from an average position

>gawker
>2016

i hope he will fix his hairline now with all that money

>The thing is, he got rich by investing though

No, he got rich by having other people pay him to invest for them and managing millions of dollars of other people's money.

Sometimes the market presents you with no brainer stocks that can only go one way... All you need to do is let the trades come to you. So many POS companies that have dropped 99% slowly. They really, really, arent that hard to find.

>He also says it like it's impossible to get rich investing, yet he did.

No. He said it's highly improbably and requires lots of capital, preferably other peoples.
>His first lesson he says even if you start with $50k, it's not enough.

This is the big leagues
>The thing is, he got rich by investing though... just in a different way than he's teaching the rest of us.

Same thing, but he hyper-specialized and eventually gained a large degree of control.
>Yes, 15% is insanely good but not going to make you rich if you're starting from an average position

You are missing the woods for the trees. Anyone that can generate 15% consistently will have investors beating down their door.

Buffets average is 20%

>all this reddit formatting
what the fuck happened to this site?

>Quickest way to learn the TLDR of pharmacology/FDA approval process?
Nigga i don't know. But shkreli had 30% of Retrophin and their market cap was $800 million at one point. He is absolutely based. And yea, i used to follow almost every single one of his blabs back in janurary and feb 2016

Are you retarded?

Enlighten me buddy

>Shitting on business letter formatting
>On Veeky Forums