/vn/ - Moogy Edition

Visual Novel General #1175

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/moogy0/status/767608717139292160
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/103059172/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honestly, no VN is good enough for the title of kamige

>You’ll also have to deal with knowing that the vast majority of people who read visual novels in English don’t have the level of reading comprehension or education necessary to really start to approach interpreting and understanding SubaHibi on anything but a surface level, so your efforts in translating it will be mostly wasted.
- Moogy, KeroQ marketing division

>Moogy edition

I never asked for this.

Is this the surface-level edition?

>Moogy edition
Someone make a different thread

Wrong, these are:

9.6 Cross†Channel
2015-10-26 9.5 Sakura no Uta -Sakura no Mori no Ue o Mau-
2015-07-04 9.5 Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~
2011-08-24 9.4 Saihate no Ima
2011-01-03 9.2 Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - Under the Innocent Sky.
2010-10-05 9 Soukou Akki Muramasa
2012-02-06 8.8 Dies irae
2011-11-22 8.7 Baldr Sky Dive2 “Recordare”
2014-08-18 8.6 Albatross Koukairoku
2012-09-09 8.5 Kazoku Keikaku
2015-09-24 8.5 Swan Song
2010-08-22 8.4 Himawari
2014-07-11 8.4 Rakuen ~Ai Kawarazu na Boku no Baai~
2010-07-12 8.3 Forest
2014-06-02 8.3 Gunjou no Sora o Koete
2012-07-08 8.3 J.Q.V Jinrui Kyuusai-bu ~With Love from Isotope~
2011-04-27 8.3 Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo,
2015-08-05 8.3 Natsuyume Yawa
2012-01-08 8.3 Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People-
2013-04-01 8.2 Amatsukaze ~Kugutsu Jinpuu-chou~
2013-03-08 8.2 Kikaijikake no Eve -Dea Ex Machina-
2011-10-28 8.2 Symphonic Rain
2016-02-22 8.1 Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no
2016-08-21 8.1 Kagerou Touryuuki
2015-02-21 8.1 Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi

Is the piss stain a shoop?

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

real thread

I honestly don't know anymore.

Use that thread to discuss your kusoge. Moogy Edition will be a Kamige general

Don't be salty.

It's not piss it's just crotch sweat. It was an issue he had a few years back.

>Those
>Kamige

Based Moogy

>This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
Can you not fuck with the OP, faggot?

untranslated vn's literally belong on /jp/

This.

Nothing personnel, kid. *teleports behind you*
Uroshitter in charge of writing.

When I grow up, I want to be like Moogy!

wat game

twitter.com/moogy0/status/767608717139292160
fuck

I'm pitching at least $600. Probably more.

who is moogy
is this an epin /vn/ meme

>that TV
Didn't know Moogy was an obnoxious /CRT/fag. Fits his elitist faggot personality.
Kikokugai.

Shit.

Kikokugay.

Moogy is this guy.

SOMEONE POST THE REAL OP SO THE NEXT THREAD ISN'T FUCKED

I'm fine with it, family. If Muv Luv can make over a millioner autismbux, Dies Irae should achieve its goal easily. I bet Degica will handle it.
Did you mean Gay Kikes?

>receding hairline vs thick mane
Moogy wins this round.

no wonder this thread is moogy edition

>Dies Irae should achieve its goal easily
No EOP has played DI yet though, we only "know" that it's good because e-celebs hyped the shit out of it, whereas pretty much most EOPs played ML before the official release and confirmed it for themselves.

Doesn't Moogy realise Metroid sucks? Embarrassing.

>Kickstartering the all-ages version

destined for failure

(You)

Why... Why is it in Japanese?

They expect us to give them money in advance but they aren't even communicating with us?

Never noticed how cute moogy's avatar was.

Not as cute as Moogy himself.

Worst fucking edition, stop encouraging retarded e-celeb gossip shit you mongoloids.

One of the most hyped titles in the medium. It won't fail. Every single non-waifu shitter had raging erections when they heard about the leak.

Do you set the right mood for your romance novels?

Apparently the VN that she's in is untranslatable or some shit like that.

I usually dim the lights because bright lights in the dark are just obnoxious.

Generally when my girlfriend is over and we're being romantic, I'll even turn them up a little bit because I like to see her eyes and her body.

you disgust me

I don't know, maybe a shared goal in the Kikestarter will be a crop job 720p port for the Japanese version as well. The existing Amantes Amentes version on PC is 4:3, whereas this new one is basically the iOS version.

I want to see your girlfriend's eyes and body!

>Not fullscreen

Clearly you don't.

only reason I backed the muv-luv kickstarter was because they confirmed they'd be releasing a patch to restore all removed content.

why the fuck would I fund a version I can literally just pirate and read? (albeit with some help every now and then from a dictionary or google) That's fucking stupid. It's like trying to market an all-ages demonbane. It's not going to fly.

>reading VNs fullscreen
Please don't do this.

how else can i see if i've gotten any (You)'s?

why

Two screens.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

>all-ages demonbane
If it were to be translated today that's what we would get.

Does anyone else feel like the extremely high level of emotional intelligence and insight into character provided by extensive reading of visual novels is starting to negatively influence their own human relationships?

Every time my friends tell me about their feelings my first instinct is grimace slightly, because so often their feelings are more simplistic and base than the most shallow of visual novel characters. I seriously had a friend rave about this girl he met, and his dialogue was word-for-word the stuff every dating simulator protagonist has ever said about anything. Needless to say, I called him stereotypical and he looked pretty hurt. After explaining how everything he's feeling has been felt a hundred times over, and is really as banal as the hunger one feels for breakfast, he seemed to cool down but I dunno if he's gotten over it. Another time I heard my parents arguing (I still live with them) pretty hotly, and it was obvious the subject they were so fervently disagreeing over was trivial and they were just letting emotions control their behaviour like children. I spoke up and explained how to resolve the problem (using some integrative complexity) and the fighting stopped, though they didn't seem to pleased with my intervention. Shit like this is really making it hard to maintain relationships. It's like I'm a hundred years older (and thus wiser) than everyone else, which makes all this feel like I'm attempting to maintain friendship with elementary schoolers far below my emotional intelligence. All my "real" friends are fast becoming those of similar intelligence to me, which frankly are just the characters written long-dead authors and eroge scenarists. I feel like this is a dangerous road to walk though, what do you think? Should I watch some hollywood movies and cut off books/vns to dumb myself down? Or continue to grow in maturity and intelligence, isolating myself from my boorish peers?

This post doesn't make any sense to me. How does this relate to the Dies irae Kickstarter? It's a VN that's never been available in English, and EOPs will swarm to it. It's probably the most hyped VN next to Muramasa. It'll get funded whether JOPs and anti-censorship cucks like it or not.

Guess that means someone will just have to be the savior of vn's and translate the original before they release the all-ages version eh?

>The version I read, subtitled “Amantes amentes” could be considered the definitive edition of the game — well, unless you *really* want H scenes. It’s basically an all-ages version of the game’s 18+ original Acta est Fabula, except it actually adds a number of extra stories and epilogues that were not present in Acta, at the cost of censoring some of the gore and removing the H scenes. It’s a good trade, if you ask me, because I personally loved the extra content, they really do make the experience feel more complete.

They say they're using the Amantes Amentes version as a base in the announcement banner. Who knows, maybe they'll throw in an 18+ stretch goal, knowing it'll bring in the waifufags. It's not like the AA version is significantly changed from the original. It's literally just a matter of a handful of h-scenes and one altered CG that removes some gore details.

it will, but the fact that there's no official announcement/source in English is puzzling, unless they decide to run it during the anime for maximum publicity

>I read Acta est Fabula because Amantes Amentes wasn't out at the time, simple as that.

>Recently I've seen some comparisons between censored passages in Amantes Amentes compared to Acta est Fabula and I really have to say that you should just read the 18+ version of the game before going any further. There are parts that simply won't make sense due to how heavily they were censored otherwise.

> It's not like the AA version is significantly changed from the original. It's literally just a matter of a handful of h-scenes and one altered CG that removes some gore details.

haha... ha...

Gare

Conjueror

Conjueror is better at translating, Gare is better at English. Believe who you want.

what an ugly language

How can anyone not notice how retarded this writing system is? How can people actually defend it?

O-oniichan please s-stir up my insides with your t-th-thick c-c-c-c-cock

I want you deep inside me, take me and never stop loving me!

I love you so much if you left I could never go on breathing

please post what your surprise boxes are surprising

no not there, that's an exit only!

steins;gate spoilers.

S;G was pretty good but I was expecting something different. Also I want to fug Faris.

well, i want to fug you

yes homo

>getting that specific with decimal points
This is truly autism.

you already hit autism when you go beyond having three categories

>bad
>good but would not read again
>good and would read again

>not including bad but would read again

Is she right?

Who's planning to back censored magic nazis here?

I probably will but I'm a poorfag, so basic tier only.

>mfw I can read this
Probably only six more months before I can read VNs.

I don't see anything wrong with the "English-translated" quote, these words were always here until some JOP removed it.

No they weren't, newfag.

Delete this! This is even worse than a Dovac Edition, don't fuck with this general maggot!

they were added in december by a shitposter, probably you

Prove it faggot.

what the fuck is there a dies irae kickstarter

that means Conjueror and Gare didn't even translating the VN

see you in 2018 for preorders and 2019 for the actual release

Why don't you prove they were always here?

If the KS fails, Moogy, Conjueror and Gare won't get paid. Just saying.
Don't you want them to make money?

Dec 2012 maybe

dec 2015 actually

Everytime an important game or VN gets a kickstarter you see people predicting its failure

but has a KS ever failed?

Lots of them actually.

What is Sharin no Kuni KS?

Sharin no Kuni was already translated, even if poorly.

2 seconds checking the archives gives you this thread from May 2015. I would go older but fireden is shitting itself.

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/103059172/

>This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels. Some untranslated discussion is allowed in moderation, but please keep in mind that the primary purpose of this thread is for translated games, and anything else will only be tolerated for as long as it does not hinder this purpose. If you see a blatant shitposter or someone being rude, please REPORT and ignore.

And it will fail, reasons;

-Politically correct dialogue (aka censored)
-Less gore, deaths and violence.
-Cropped
-No H-scenes.
-Will be expensive (most likely)
-Kickstarters isn't as reliable like before;
See ChuSingura46+1 or Sharin No Kuni KS's.

How many people are in this image?