Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

OTP edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/968073/209dcc2f7d/
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's time!

exhentai.org/g/968073/209dcc2f7d/

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
>Capcom will stream Tokyo Game Show 2016 live from the show floor on September 15 from 20:00 JST, and September 17 and 18 from 10:00 to 17:00 each day. Expect the latest information on Capcom’s upcoming lineup.

Is the legendary adult kys I've been hearing so much about?

>exhentai.org/g/968073/209dcc2f7d/
>Tags: Elf

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Damnit, /mhg/, what skills should I have for striker CB?

not being retarded and switching to adept

>tfw going from LS to SnS

I feel so safe behind my tiny shield.

>switch to a strictly worse style

????

Guard+1/2
typical blademaster shit otherwise

artillery is garbage

but striker CB is actually good

Just get dreadking and throw in Artillery Novice somewhere

>worse style
>artillery is garbage
the bait is strong today

>i'ts a "artillery is good on CB" episode

stop
it's not good
it was never good
it only showed up on 4u sets because it was the last offensive skill available and AED's were powerful enough for it to do what little it did

top TA times are with striker
artillery is outclassed by every other option, significantly

>big breasts, dark skin, inverted nipples

muh dick

>looking at top Hellblade 10 times
1. Striker CB with Artillery Novice
2. Striker CB with Artillery Novice
3. Bushido CB with Artillery Novice

It is like Artillery Novice is good or something

LOAD UP.

are prowlers a meme or can they be actually good

when can I play them without being a burden?

there must be an interaction i'm not aware of then because the math said it was shit in 4u and unless it was changed it should be shit in this game too considering the nerfs

prowlers are like 4th or 5th fastest time on most monsters so yeah

fighting cat for damage, assist cat for less damage and utility

you need big boomerang, piercing boomerang, and boomerang pro to make it work

Fighter Prowlers are an extremely solid mid-tier pick
You need the right skills, though, so enjoy searching through LITERALLY 500 cats to find it

Crit S, Earplugs, Boomerang Pro and then teach Last Stand
Piercing Boomerangs, Big Boomerangs, optional Dung Bombs and then teach Emergency Retreat

a 30% damage increase to phials is pretty strong. Many of them are also taking Load up as to reload double the phials.

Load Up is any easy skill to add with the Barrage Earring

I need to clarify, I am under the assumption we are using Impact phials.

>like SnS
>like SA
>can't get the hang of CB
You'd think it'd be a happy medium, but I dunno

Reminder LagiTama is the only true pairing, the meme of ZinTama needs to die

>Trying to level up silverwind
>Keep getting shitters trying to use Lv1 Devent armor sets dying towards sonic booms
Do I even want to know the struggle with the others?

>shipping in monster hunter
please die

Rathalos (female)

kys

how do i aerial swaxe

It's pretty straight-forward, dude
Also, go Striker because 2+ arts is fucking broken on SA

I can confirm Energy Charge + Demon Riot + Abs Readiness is completely redic

What are some fun bowguns? I'm fine with either LBG or HBG, I just want to try out different gimmicky types. Already have a musket for crag and an isle for status, and while those are fun I want some variety to mix things up, even if I don't get the best kill times or whatever

still in low rank, wanna do a bugstick. which one should I make?

If you want pierce on rapid you can make the Silverwind LBG. It has 40% affinity so you can easily get a 100% affinity on weakzones. It is pretty fun spam pierce and watch the screen shake wildly.

>tfw all the striker fags ITT gloat about having all these cool Hunter Arts and I have only unlocked a few

It sucks that you can't play the game right early on. Armor Skills themselves didn't usually make me feel that way, with the exception of maybe GS and few more oddly specific usage scenarios.

Well the most important one is Absolute readiness. You get most of them just by doing village.

then why don't you stop whining and unlock them you turboshitter

>Breezed through High Rank in Freedom Unite and 3 Ultimate
>Can't even beat HR4 quests in Generations

Fuck, why is this so hard? I can't even beat a fucking Gypceros.

because you fucking suck, gypceros is not even hard

>banned
Fucking m*me yourself mods

I know I'm terrible at the game.

But High Rank in this game feels like G Rank to me.

That's because hypers and deviants are basically G-rank

enjoy your ban for ban evasion
it's really not, finally we got another game which has just the right difficulty and doesn't actively try to be a chore. Upgrade your armor and weapons or make new ones, starting armors are surprisingly decent. finally i have a reason to use yukumo set. You can also get easy mushromancy just by shitting on bulldrome a couple times which you would want anyway to get gunner armor for plessy

Just beat Narkarkos though, just started HR4.

Yeah, I'm using HR Bherna.

Maybe I should get a new weapon, I guess.

>Gimmicky
Trying to make Sting shots work is interesting. In theory they have the potential to hit like a truck (hello Ukanlos Skyshatterer), but in practice they have a lot of kinks to work around.

Dazzling S is also fun alongside the Arm Cannon X.

>lot of kinks
like which? aren't they supposed to be just WE ammo?

No.

The specifics are that they add +100% affinity when you strike a hitzone of 45 or higher. The Ukanlos Skyshatter therefore has 70% positive affinity with it, but a weapon with neutral affinity reaches 100% crit chance.

Weakness Exploiter reverts to its 4U incarnation, with it increasing the weakness of a 45+ hitzone by 5 points.

The big kink is the critical distance. Although it *technically* has very generous critical distance, you have to be standing pretty far back to be inside it. Like, further back than Pierce 3. You know how you're usually told that "you're not a sniper" when you're using a Bowgun? Well, with Sting S you basically need to play like a sniper.

That's a big issue because you still have to aim as if they were Normal S, which is very difficult from 5+ dodge rolls away.

The upside is that they're 1/6th stronger than Normal S 2, benefit from TrueShot Up and have stronger synergy with Critical Boost, and double dips on Weakness Exploiter.

is it worth it making a new glaive every time I can make one with better raw?

I forgot to mention, they also have limited clip sizes and ammo allowances, and they recoil "some" or lower recoil to fire on minimum recoil.

They should remove all ranged weapons from the game.

t. assmad blademaster
learn to diversify

That's a lot of jelly and larva, dude

I will learn diversity if you learn not to cart.

stop playing online like a scrub

yeah but I'm still in low rank and dont know what to use

Bring back slime and diversity is obsolete.

I wanna try these games out but everyone says it has terrible grinding and that you have to do tons of research to understand everything is it that bad?

use whatever you want
hellblade is the best IG anyway
and narga is strong if you get crit boost
other than that use whatever you want
I built the magia pitareen and im working on a rhopessa set because i want to be the magical girl

it does have grinding no two way about it
but you don't have to research jack shit unless you want to beat TA scores or it just interests you

so long as you don't completely suck at it build and use what you think is cool. lord knows thats what most randoms do online anyways

the only thing you need to know is that armors with attack boosting skills are less likely to get you grief from "master hunters" online

Should i even try slicing ammo to cut tails or it's as worthless as slicing ammo was in 3U/4U/somewhere?

3/4U it could cut tails with combines.
Gen doesn't have anywhere near enough ammo to pop tails with Slicing.

monster hunter is like a job where you beat up toddlers and take their candy. the candy is pretty shitty a lot of the time but sometimes it's incredibly good. But overall, the satisfaction doesn't come from the candy you steal from the toddlers, but the triumph that you just beat up a toddler.

you can choose to take this job like a minimum wage bs job and sleepwalk through it with a huge ass hammer to smack the toddlers around, but if you are really interested in the job you can do some research and try your best and try and make every shift interesting and unique.

The problem with getting paid candy though is that it's not always the candy you want, and to make the job interesting and unique you're going to need a lot of different candy. Sometimes you'll slap a toddler in the face 30 times to get a rare candy that has a 35% chance of being dropped by the toddler, and yet you won't get it for 5 shifts. But the work makes all the candy you have at the end of the day worth it, and there's no better feeling than sitting on your massive pile of wealth laughing at those less fortunate than you.

>It has terrible grinding
Uhh...
Well. I think something has been lost in translation there, friendo.
Monster Hunter is all about grinding. MH is Grinding: The Game.

But it's fun grinding. REALLY fun grinding.

If grinding's not your thing, you won't like MH.

>Do you have to do tons of research?
Eh, you don't NEED to. Just have an understanding of what combos your weapons do, what part of the monster you're meant to hit and what element it's weak to. That takes about 5s of googling per monster, not a whole lot of research. More like glancing at a spreadsheet.
With all that said, some people chose to ignore all of that and just wear whatever looks nice and do whatever feels good. Which is fine, just... uhh... don't do it near any elitist jerks.
Please.

so do we have a complete list of all the weapons for gen yet

Slicing S in Generations, particularly Lvl 2, hits really hard.

>tons
All you need to know is that skill points don't do shit until you accumulate enough of them (noted on your status page)
Aside from that, just kill monsters and make weapons/armor from their corpses

Also, looking at the resistances of a monster's armor can give you insight into its weakness but even that's typically not a super big deal for casual play

Where can I watch the best solo speedruns for MHGen/X? I wanna see some crazy shit.

15/10

>what is Ping's Dex or kiranico

do I have to use jelly+ to get the best bug or will basic jelly be fine?

jelly+ gets you there faster
you'll end up with the same stat totals no matter what

Is kush HBG really good? It looks pretty unimpressive compared to shaggy or bubbles

>Is Daora Grande as good as speedruns make it out to be?
It's the best Pierce 1 crouching fire HBG gun in the game, and really good outside of that. Requires Recoil Down+1 for Pierce 2 and 3, however.
>Compared to BUBBLES!!!!
Mountainous Roar doesn't require RD+1. That's literally its only selling point compared to other Pierce guns.
>Shaggy
You're comparing a Normal S gun to a Pierce S gun.

Can Fate increase my odds of getting more charms when during a sakura charm run?

Is crouching pierce 1 really this important?

Because of how Pierce works, yes.

Note that Pierce works wonky in general.
>1 is the strongest per hit, but hits the least amount of times
>2 hits more times, but loses a few points in base attack
>3 hits the most, but is like only 2/3 the attack power of 1's
As such, you tend to see higher DPS with Pierce 1's over 2's and 3's outside of select situations where you know you can get all of the hits off in turn.

I hate how a lot of bowgun shots are like this, normal is the same and IIRC (could be completely wrong) crag is similar in wonkiness

I wish somebody would just make a video or huge guide with good details on what every shot does exactly

Yes. It's used in speedruns for a reason.

>a lot of bowgun shots are like this
Literally only Pierce and Normal 2/3.

The rule of thumb is still that higher level shots = more damage. Even for Pierce. Usually. Mostly.

>Crag is similar in wonkiness
Linear increase in power.

>I wish somebody would make a huge guide
There is an abundance of exactly what you're looking for. Just google it.

>be blademaster forever across multiple gens
>decide to finally try out gunner
>clean up village quests I didn't do for practice
>get ridiculous fast kill times even compared to similar rank blademaster stuff
>absolutely wreck everything with no contest
>LBG arts are both fun and great to use
>feeling confident, bring my bowgun to HR
>get hit once
>half HP gone
>choke constantly and faint
>be an embarrassment to my entire hunting crew
>go immediately back to blademaster
I was not good enough

>I need a Fastcharge+5 000 charm make the Grimclaw as good as the generic Dreadking set for GS
Feels_bad_man
>I have a Punishdraw+6 000 charm
FELS_AMAZING_MAN.

I never knew GS could be so fun even without Focus.

How good is a specific Element Up?

>random hr 97 joins room
>quest is done in 3 mins

Why is jho crying? :(

thingken of peco

>hammer
>not a hh based on kut-ku making noises
3/10 i guess they tried

It's no wonder their entry was rejected.

not enough foob

bad foob :(

I hate this fucking pickle but this image makes me tear up

what are some good lr swaxe paths?

>ticket

Is Kirin armor in MHG and is it good?

ure mom

yes
bad as usual

Is there any way to make it usable?