Opinions on the glorious 2017 Ford GT

Opinions on the glorious 2017 Ford GT

The back looks like a pig with those big exhause nostrils but other than that it's pretty grouse

Don't really care unless there's a decent Hot Wheels® made in my price range

>muh V8

V6

its trying too hard to look futuristic.

The future has to begin sometime.

The way it sounds is going to make or break it for me. I'm not a fan of the EcoBoost thing, but I'll give it a chance.

Every supercar ever

>V6

>V6

It's trying too hard to look like a Lamborghini. It's also priced like a Lamborghini.

I wish it could be optioned with an electric drive system.

I like it. It's a homologation special like it was always supposed to be. Not muh veeate boomer bait.

The new GT is what I'd imagine a modern Lotus supercar would be like.

TT V6 and not a 7.0L+ V8, fucking whyyyyyyyy

I mean, it's pushing way past 600hp and Ford says they want it to have the best power-to-weight ratio of any production car, but for fuck's sake, if it's a Ford GT it needs a high displacement V8.

I like it, despite the v6 memes.

So you would rather it have a V8 and be slower?

Needs at least 4 more cylinders. I dont fucking care if its practical for racing or not.

I don't think it needs anything.

It looks like theres a smaller car trying to escape

Waiting for someone to swap the 5.2 Voodoo's engine and trans into it

>No V8

Only gripe with it. Other than that, it looks beautiful especially in that liquid blue.

Saint Clarkson, patron saint of automotive banter, had three of the previous Ford GTs and they were all lemons.

Looks decent on the outside; the inside looks like a crap sandwich.

I don't like it because I don't like the noise it makes.

id rather have it have a V8 and BE a GT, instead of a V6 and pretending to be one.

>wanting to be slower around a track

Yes.

I really like the front half, but the back makes me cringe. I don't like those arches or how much of the car looks like it was 'dug out' down into the frame. Lap times will tell though, if it proves fast I'll probably be ok with it. Also, engine noise, that v6 has a lot to live up to.

>literally made for motorsports
>not an lmp
It's pathetic that it will be competing with a fiberglass corvette

I'm not even a GM fan but I'm hoping the glorious American V8 takes its class win this weekend

>being this retarded
It's a v6 you fucking no car mongoloid

Looks like a generic supercar. I want one.

The corvette was so much faster than the ford GT during qualifying that official added had to restrict the intake and allow the GT to carry more fuel.

>not knowing bait when you see it.

It's even greentexted, you summerfags.

Fuck. September can't come soon enough.

Have the Ford GTs been showing better performance than earlier in the season when they were clearly sandbagging?

>twin turbos in endurance racing
Well, I'd rather not

Exactly

Way to fugly from the back. Mind you those tail lights look great, so it must be the combination with the exhaust.
Maybe they should move them lower and more spaced out

The IMSA team won it's class at Laguna Seca.

sounds like a fart

Old GT is best GT.
This one spotted in Wisconsin a couple days ago.
The actual photo looked better, I just had to lower the quality considerably...

Ford GT with v6 engine ?

>V6 "eco" shit

>twin turbos in endurance racing
What is group C & group 5 & LMP900/LMP1?

Some of the most successful cars in endurance racing were turbocharged such as the Porsche 956/962 and the Audi R8.

>all these triggered muh v8 murribubblers

thank you Ford

I think it will hold pretty well against a Ferrari 488, since their specs seems to be extremely close (Ford GT has 630 hp and is 2,800 lbs while the 488 has 670 hp and is 3,200 lbs).

Ruined by a v6 just like the XJ220

Ford, when will you learn?

It's not snek.

its ugly and sound bad

not even a muhv8 fag but I dont think it sounds good

ITT: children who have never seen what that engine could do at the hands of someone like Scott Pruett or Memo Rojas. That V6 is the heart and soul of a Chip Ganassi DP car and it proved itself very competitive. For a road car in 2017 to be powered by something like that is bonkers, it's had years of race winning r&d and you kids cant even look past cylinder orientation. It's going to be fast as tits no matter what you say, the decision to go ecoboost was made by engineers that simply know things many of you do not.

muh performance is boring tho

It has a v6??

top lel!!

>V E E S I X
>E
>E
>S
>I
>X