Overrated car brands

Starting with Porsche, pic related

With the noteworthy exception of designing the Volkswagen there was nothing they did right

I know I'm taking the bait BUT

>918

Anything that's Japanese.

you're not wrong

its literally an updated hybrid Carrera GT

Literally any car I don't like

In what way exactly?

design wise it looks exactly the same. look, im not saying Porsche is a bad company, but they definitely have the least imaginative design right next to Buick.

The fact that you have to post a race car as a counterargument just proves OP's point further

>updated carrera gt
Lol wut

the tub is similar, but that's about it

BMW.

Take it back you pleb. Maybe if you took a second to step out of your dodge challenger you'd find their are cars that can run for more than 2 miles without being refueled and don't break down eveytime you try to drive them out of the gas station.

>muh reliability meme
t. ricerfag

have fun looking like a 16 year old boy racer.

Both of these guys have been pissing me off lately

>ftype
>overrated
its severely underrated
jag as a whole too
everyones brushed them away and forgotten about them because of their previous generation of bad reliability but current gen jag deserves more recognition

>its severely underrated
The Cayman BTFOs the V6 F-Type hard though.

And the F-Type R is Automatic/AWD. I'd rather have a GT-R at that price.

Porsche's design language is absolutely superb. There's never been an ugly one and the fact that they stay so close to their roots means they look great even 20-30 years down the line.

I personally appreciate the fact that a Porsche bought today will still be beautiful over the life of the vehicle even if that life is extended over multiple decades by the same enthusiast.

Is it bland? Yeah
Will it be mistaken for anything else 40 years from now like the angry face meme cars? Hell no

>There's never been an ugly one
I know we don't speak of the Cayenne and Macan, but...

>caring about others impressions of you
cuck

better than looking like a manchild with a square car thats heavy as sin

I don't even consider those Porsches desu. I forget they exist all the time.

>aston martin
>jaguar
>overrated

nigga they're underrated as fuck

there's nothing wrong with the Cayenne.

I see them as a kind of necessary evil, I guess. They sell a lot and at huge margins, so Porsche has more money to build actual sports cars with.

And from what I've read the Cayenne and Macan are pretty good cars in their own segment, just not very Porsche, you know?

The new one looks alright, but the first gen that I posted is pretty fugly.

i think the cayenne looks fine, but i'm just confused about why one would ever choose to purchase it. is the porsche badge really worth the markup, especially when nine out of ten people won't even recognize it as a porsche?

>The new one looks alright, but the first gen that I posted is pretty fugly.
Its still miles ahead of some of the abominations Toyota and Nissan have made.

>And from what I've read the Cayenne and Macan are pretty good cars in their own segment, just not very Porsche, you know?
They're about as Porsche as you can make a crossover SUV.

>I don't even consider those Porsches desu. I forget they exist all the time.

Porsche is pretty based actually.

Jag even makes good looking SUVs. GOAT carmaker

>bulletproof
>awesome off-road
>fast
>powerful

yeah they're fucking awesome, way better than anything else in the SUV market. locking diffs, low range, air controlled suspension, they're pretty fucking sweet

panamera? fast as fuck
cayman? agile as fuck

everything that porsche builds is awesome

I knew the Cayenne was no slouch on the track but I had no idea it could do any offroading at all.

I just watched some videos on Youtube and it seems like a beast. It's a shame that so few people who buy them will ever actually use a fraction of their capabilities, but that goes for pretty much every high performance luxury car.

I'd love to see a new 944 actually.

>I'd love to see a new 944 actually.
I would too, but where would they fit it in their lineup? It would have to be cheaper and slower than the Cayman, but faster than cars like the Toyobaru.

Would
>$35k starting
>2.5-3.0L Inline 4
>250hp base/280hp S
>~2900lbs
Be competitive today?

>I don't even consider those Porsches desu
>Only halo-cars matter

Some of the worst bait I have seen in years!

The Macan doesn't even look that bad desu

Still not real Porsches though

the cuckvette of course

Of course the Cayman beats the V6. The Jag is a lot heavier, and less dynamic given it's engine layout.

Older V8 F-types can still be had in purebred RWD manual spec.

Rebadged Audis and VW's are not Porsches.

It would be competetive today, but it'd intrude on both the Cayman and the TT.

ok Ferdinand Porsche

Don't you have some tanks to build that nobody needs

And it'd have to deal with the Mustang and Camaro in the US.

>that pic
Funny, because they actually did try to replace the 911 with the 928.
People just kept buying 911s, so they kept building and refining 911s instead.

>Funny, because they actually did try to replace the 911 with the 928.
>People just kept buying 911s, so they kept building and refining 911s instead.
The problem isn't the 911 itself, but its position as Porsche's highest performance model when the MR Cayman is a better chassis.

What Porsche should do is move the Cayman to the high performance spot and give it all the fancy engines the 911 currently has. Its main purpose should be showing off tech and destroying other companies' cars on the track.

Then split the 911 into two lineups. A powerful GT like what it currently is, and a retro lineup that's a pure balls-out lightweight sports car. That version could even be aircooled again if they can get away with it.

Then sell a 944 revival as an entry level model.

So:
nu944 30k-60k
911 70k-150k
retro911 60k-90k
Cayman 90k-whatever it takes to make the Brits and Italians cry

911 is literally one of the best drivers cars you can buy today, how is it overrated
The only overrated Porsches are their SUVs, way too expensive

cheaper than Mercedes, slightly more expensive than Audi while being the sportiest of them all, still making driver focused inline6/rwd/manual practical sportscars, old BMWs are cheap and make good drivers/enthusiast cars - not overrated

>Porsche with everything gutted
>Being more affordable than the base model
myapexseals.jpg

Mazda
>no Mazdaspeed until at least 2019 or 2020
>only good thing is their Miata, which is going to be overpriced with the Fiat 125 around the corner
>producing boring crossovers that handle okay, but they're still crossovers
>have abandoned their "ZOOM ZOOM" motto for shitty cars for women

It wouldn't be gutted like a race car, just not as luxurious as the modern 911. Kinda like a Lotus, maybe.

I think of it was a normal model and not a special order thing it could end up cheaper. Remember that its a >muh feels machine so it doesn't have to be super fast.

A CAR MANUFACTURER MADE A GOOD CAR 30 YEARS AGO?!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!

That would describe BMW. BMW made very good cars 30 years ago, but have lost their focus. Porsche's sports cars are still focused on the driver, while BMW's M cars feel more focused on the technology.

>>driver focused
>>good driving/enthusiast cars
>auto rev matching that can't be turned off unless you turn traction control all the way off
>fake engine noise
>numb steering
>literally every model massively overpriced

Yeah sure thing

>>no Mazdaspeed until at least 2019 or 2020
why is that?

>why is that?
Bean counters

Do you know what a muscle car is

Modern BMW sucks though

This is modern BMW in a nutshell