So this is happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FMR70aZoJyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it happened already
before you ask,
yes, it's a terrible design for a car

>le robin meme
Confirmed for not knowing jack shit about cars and just eating Top Gear shit.

>his car has less than 4-wheels

good design, but could be better

Has anyone else seen this?

What is the point of this gimmick? More space? Better economy? Better handling? Or is it just an alternative deathtrap to compete with the Smart?

cheap
6k msrp

JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY.

YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE WITH YOUR FAGGOT CAR BUT YOU FUCKED UP.

This stupid ass fake mystery about that crap pile is idiotic.

Cheap as hell and good mileage.

Also it should be reasonably safe. Small cars like this use the other car as the crumple zone. Side impacts could be worrisome though.

Confirmed for thinking that watching top gear makes you less knowledgable about cars and using that assumption to assert your "superior intelligence" when you lack basic taste in television.

Yup. Elio.

If they ever become not vaporware, I will probably buy one with a 5 speed and no wheel covers.

They're powered by a "redesigned Geo Metro engine"

IMO the perfect commuter, only thing I'd change is putting the headlights on the fenders and make them round and not 2012-13 as fuck but eh, a small complaint. Looks fun as fuck.

The assumption is, obviously, that I have another car or two to actually do car things in but for my wageslave cubejob I'm hard pressed to see a legitimate downside.

You take TV too seriously dude

Isn't this just a trike?

It's a flop OP. The prototype has a Geo engine so already not production ready. The inventor claims he has a engine but it's never been seen to date.

A downside would probably be you can't wreck it being 6K new I could see a couple rims and a new suspension corner totaling the car. Also in the US they will probably make you get a motorcycle license or some shit to take more money from you

2 wheel front 1 wheel rear > 1 wheel front two wheel rear

Check the Reddit board about this. It's extremely unlikely that the company will be able to build this car at this point. Which is a shame, because I really wanted one.

>yfw this was a real thing

They've been touting the Elio for years now saying "just 6 more months to production!" meanwhile, it's now 6 years later and they're still pulling that BS.
The Elio is a 3 wheeled car that's supposed to have a 5 star safety rating, 80+ MPG, and a $6000 price tag off the showroom floor.
The prototype they have uses the steering wheel from a Camaro, and a 1.0L 3 cylinder engine LITERALLY taken from a 1990's Geo Metro. Elio says they're working on their own 3 cylinder.

Its not going to happen.

you new, Tyrrell had a 6 wheeled Formula One race car in 1978,

Goodyear still churns out a few tiny tires for that thing every year.

Mercedes did make this not too long ago
though it's design is more practical than the other cars posted here

>stolen T-rex design from Dodge in the 90's

Confirmed for not knowing what geometry is

>half the price
>better mileage
>safer (you can see over everyone else and therefore not crash)
>just as practical (just put some bags on it)
>Park anywhere
>exists

>Not knowing of le Reliant meme from Mr Bean
youtu.be/FMR70aZoJyw

makes sense since Mercedes stole everything else from Chrysler before leaving Chrysler a dried up husk

>Trike cars, ever
>sit-down-lean-back motorcycles still uncommon
>the H pattern will never, ever come to bikes

>still uncommon
What are cruisers? (hint: that riding position is great for a couch, not a motorcycle)

It is very ironic to think that American manufactures such as Cadillac, Lincoln and Chrysler made up so many innovations and Mercedes introduced it in their cars and people always praised Mercedes.

Akira bike when