Craigslist Buying Used Car

Is there anything that looks like a good deal from this Craigslist search at a glance?

I'm a poorfag who has been saving up minimum wage earning for the past two years and have amounted $3000. I'm college-bound in ~2 months and need something to take with me to school 250 miles away.

Other urls found in this thread:

scranton.craigslist.org/search/cto?search_distance=5&postal=18704&max_price=3000&max_auto_miles=150000
scranton.craigslist.org/ctd/5633741463.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5599292042.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5626377766.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5631988387.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5631711789.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5606781674.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5591860320.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5594152208.html
scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/5625625617.html
pamsp.com/
lewiston.craigslist.org/search/cta
chicago.craigslist.org/i/autos
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5632756789.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5634559944.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5618787442.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5631672714.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post your local Craigslist

Sorry, forgot the link.

scranton.craigslist.org/search/cto?search_distance=5&postal=18704&max_price=3000&max_auto_miles=150000

why do you need a car for school?

cars break down and are generally money pits

maybe spend that money on something else while you're in school and get a car when you're working again?

Because I need something to be able to take me there and drive me around while at school. I don't like the idea of being stuck 250 miles away from home, and my family wouldn't be able to just come get me on a dime like that if I needed to for whatever reason. Convenience, essentially.

>5 mile search radius
What the fuck

Here you go.

scranton.craigslist.org/ctd/5633741463.html

scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5599292042.html

Offer 2,000 pointing out that literally no one wants an auto. Miata is always the answer.

Also, why the fuck is it a 5 miles radius.

Meant it for 15 sorry.

Miata isn't the answer to hauling all his shit to college.

That's still a fairly small area.Are your parents that awful that they won't take you farther than 15 miles to get a car?

No but it's a small inconvenience sometimes considering that the last time I drove more than 20 miles away to look at a car it was a massive waste of time and a piece of shit.

scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5626377766.html

Interior is clean as fuck, outside looks decent, and that Lima 4cyl will last forever.

Nvm it's not a lima.

Wow, THIS!

That's a smokin deal user. Someone better jump on that.

Texting the dude and gonna check it out.

I see you're from PA. where are you going to school?

Try a few of these, too.
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5631988387.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5631711789.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5606781674.html
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5591860320.html
Last one looks like a very good deal, especially if you have to do a lot of highway driving.

Also, if you have to move a lot of stuff for school, this looks like a great option, too.
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5594152208.html

Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Wasn't my first choice but they gave me a ton of cash.

That's cool! I'm from Johnstown, not that far away. I'm going to Pitt, and I'm looking for a car as well (not for college though, just in general)

i would go for the jetta if its a manual trans
>or
k1500 if not rotted out with rust
you and you can do a Ls swap later

saturn vue and exploders has trans problems STAY AWAY!

>everyone recommending ones that are exactly $3000
He's going to need money for registration, insurance, and possible repairs.

From those 6, looking only at what has been presented, my guess would be the CRV if it's not too ragged out.

source: le hondas are reliable may may

If I was buying, however, I would have already bought the VR6 or the Exploder.

I considered applying at Pitt, decided against it.

Buy a motorcycle; you can get a good one for under 3k. To transport stuff to college, either have family drive it up or rent a uhaul. Or realize you don't need much shit and use a bike trailer.

While I was at school and I had a bike, I hardly touched my truck for a year.

CR-V is the smart coice, but I have a soft spot for Explorers

>why do you need a car for school?
OP is trying to fuck while he's on campus.

unless you're going to a podunk college in the middle of nowhere, nobody cares if you have a car

why are you on this board ?

BUY A MOTORCYCLE MATE
scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/5625625617.html
pamsp.com/

CR-V is a girl car keep that in mind OP

r u ok

Congrats on changing the path you're on and earning a higher education!

help a nigga out with some good used cars.
lewiston.craigslist.org/search/cta

Stay away from the jetta vw a shit especially in the early 00s, MONEY PIT, BETTER GET A FUCKIN COROLLA

+1 this. It looks very clean and has a bulletproof ecotec thats barely broken in.

fuckin gold right here op

I'd love to get a bike but it's not practical for me right now. I appreciate the help thus far [spoiler]Veeky Forums isn't filled with cucks [/spoiler] and am gonna check out that '93 Jeep tomorrow morning. I was initially going to get a 2001 Volvo XC70 Wagon. The dealer put a new engine in but everything else has 170k miles on it and he hiked the price to 3500, which with title+tag+insurance would come near to 4k, which I can't entirely afford.

another user here. I currently saved up 6.8k

thinking subaru, jeep, scion/toyota, or honda

4wd, decent mpg, decent odo reading, after 2007, handle chicago winter

chicago.craigslist.org/i/autos

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5632756789.html

13 frs for 15k. negotiating for 13.5k with financing. y/n?

>Rebuilt title

What the fuck you thinking man

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5634559944.html

How to actually get a good deal on craigslist:
You're going to get a good deal as soon as you stop being a picky bitch. You wanted a miata daily driver? Too bad here's a $500 wagon that doesn't have any problems and runs perfectly
Filter everything that's over $1000
No picture? That's okay, read the listing carefully and if it sounds good then ask for pictures
Avoid anything that doesn't run and drive, if it has problems like leaks that's okay as long as you can drive it home
Don't be a retard

Why are you here if you literally don't give a shit about cars and have no preferences for what car you drive aside from "running "

look up parts...buy the one where you can find used parts on the cheap if your watching budget. Check for blowby and oil in the coolant. Those are two VERY easy things to check to see if a motor will be good or not

auto dealer here...honestly thats NOT a real bad price depending on the repair work done and WHO did the work...I would take it to a shop to have it looked over VERY well....I'm a auto dealer and I just looked to see what that car would sell at auction for and would sell for 15k with clean title [dealer price] with the rebuilt may sell around 8 to 10k depending on what totaled the car to start and who did the work.

P.s I own a dealership in tx...

but I would advice anyone to stay away from Private party lending...to many things can go wrong on the side of the buyer [seller repo/faulty paperwork/ not releasing the title]

Nigga u aint own shit. Pic or it didnt happen alzo lol that listing doesmt have any clear pictures and absolutely no pictures of the fron of the car. If the car was crashed in the front that means some complete knob head owned it so probably abused the fuck out of. Additionally when the fuck is 15k a good price. These cars go for 25k brand new right?

Hold on...let me get this right..."nigga u aint own shit" well thanks for asking but yes I do own alot of shit, I happen to own two companies at that but I would not call them shit. Also here is the photo you requested =)

p.s time stamped, your post can be seen along with mine "nigga"

Oooo really damn bro u got me. What are you doing on a japanese anime imageboard then? Huh cock sucker? 15 fucking k for 15k ill be buying an STi thank you very much the ultimate god machine. Not that turd lmao but youd know that if you were
>car dealer
How about you take your cars and wipe your ass with them you son of a bitch! Car dealers are literal scum taking money, time, and sanity from the public. Like holy shit that meme law that we have to have dealers is so retarded. I wanna buy the car directly from the owner or manufacturer NOT YOUR RETARDED ASS

Are you not on the same japanese image board your self? so you must be just as much of a cock sucker but...I don't have to suck dick to get paid =)

The car is worth what people what to pay for it...its pretty simple.

Wiping my ass with cars is rather hard but I can simply use money for that..much easier.

Also, not all car dealers are scum bags so don't put everyone in the same bucket..hell a client of mine who fell ill and was going to give the car back as he was unable to make payments/lost his job to being sick. I told him ok and that I would take care of it. He thought a tow truck was going to show up but instead I showed up with the car title and I handed it over at no cost.

Buying a car directly from the maker? wow you must have 30 40 or MORE grand sitting in the bank to just buy a car in CASH like that mr big bucks right there!! Unless your talking about some of those 10k cars....

Me being a retarded ass? well sorry for being retard and working for my self and helping people everyday...people who cant get bank lending but need a car seem to love working with me...I also have great cash cars I sell below 1,500 an come with warranty so...yea...guess I am a real scum bag.

Yeah but im only 19 years old and a weeaboo! And damn right! Buying things on credit is what destroyed this country you dumb ape. If you wanna buy a 40k car you better have AT LEAST 90k sitting in the bank for rainy day funds. Boy you just blew in from stupid down didnt ya

Also i would get the car for my cheaper you dumb fuck. Msrp of 40k means youre buying the cars from the manufacturer for like what,30k?

>retarded teenager trying to give someone financial advice
>thinking credit is all bad
So, how many intro finance classes have you taken at community college?

I'm 26...age does not mean shit really. Buying things on credit did what now? Well...wow all I can say is your never going to own a car or a house. Buying things on credit and being SMART and having proper money management changes everything. Not sure what dream world your living in but its ok...your 19 and have much to learn.

Have a good night...don't bother saving for college either unless you have I guess 100k in the bank for your schooling...altho I'm not sure if that would help you anyway.

Most likely none since he would have to get a student loan for the class.

Surely smart people like that get scholarships, no?

scholarships to a daycare maybe...

Nope i revieved a trust fund of 70k thank you very much:) and have my college paid off
Maybe poor fags that make like 30k a year cant buy a house without credit. In that case it would be a good idea to build credit with a car loan. But you should still have the money in the bank to pay off the car loan whenever need be.
Its called research buddy. Going into school for medicine

Youre all cock suckers

>research
From what credible source? This country was built on credit you ignorant fuck.
>going into medicine
Am I supposed to be impressed that you're going to be a CNA?

>Msrp of 40k means youre buying the cars from the manufacturer for like what,30k?
I don't sell new cars but I can explain the math out some. On a new car the dealer will make about 8 to 10grand on each car. But in the 10grand we have to pay insurances for the people who work for us, there wage so they can feed there family, health insurances [very costly btw as the company has to pay more than the worker does] all taxes, building with water an power you know, shipping on the cars and other mic costs...so I could spend 30k on a car and only make 2 to 3 grand at the end of the day not awesome by any means but when you take care of your clients they come back and repeat clients is our bread and butter.

Also that "photo" you requested...car sells AT the dealer auctions for 15grand...we would get it and put new tires on it, tune up and top all fluids off, repair any minor things it needs and most likely put a sticker price of 20,000 someone comes in and kicks us on price and sell it for 18,000. So out of that 3k profit we have to pay all the same things as a new car lot...but we try to sell more cars to cover our bottom. I hope this math was NOT to hard for you to follow....but not sure if you even know how to budget a check book..

>what credible source?
My history teacher in high school
>Am I supposed to be impressed that you're going to be a CNA?
Going to get my M.D and whatever residency lets me in first is what ill become. I want something in surgery leaning torwards plastic surgery. So when you want to become a lady boy more then likley ill be the one performing the operation
>dont try to apologize then

toyota corolla

if it breaks you can save money by buying another toyota corolla

oo so you got a trust fund? Must be nice when things are given to you and you did not have to work for it.

You act like your still hugging your mothers skirt and have no idea how the real world works. As the user said....our country was built on credit....its not the lenders fault that people don't pay back what they borrow.

Listen here you dense faggot. If there were no dealers then that shit wouldnt matter. Id go straight to the manufacturer, pay the price that the dealer pays for the car plus shipping. No middle man. Sure a lot of dumb fucks that never went to college will be out of a job but thats not my problem. Ill be getting a car for a better price

>muh high school teacher said so
Kek, you're a moron.
>thinking you're going into a highly specialized field where only the most brilliant go
Good luck with that. Better find you a few spare brains. Easy to talk shit when you're just a piss-on undergrad with absolutely zero prospects.

>Going to get my M.D

and you ONLY have a 70k trust fund...well sorry to tell you little boy but the avg cost to get your M.D is over 150k so...you short by more than half.

It is their fault because they give a loan to someone who has bad credit. As the other guy said he helps people get loans where the banks wouldnt let them. If the banks arent letting them then they shouldnt be eligible for the loan!!!!!

I myself am financing a 30k motorcycle. I have more than enough money to pay off the bike. But i am just building my credit if the event ever occurs that i need it. I put a hefty down payment and plan to pay it off in a year. Additionally I can invest the money that I didnt spend on buying the bike and can make back more money then the interest would cost

Cant you read?
>i have my college PAID FOR
And which field are you going into wise guy?

>Listen here you dense faggot. If there were no dealers then that shit wouldnt matter. Id go straight to the manufacturer, pay the price that the dealer pays for the car plus shipping. No middle man. Sure a lot of dumb fucks that never went to college will be out of a job but thats not my problem. Ill be getting a car for a better price

You know...that sounds right..I think if I never need a doctor you should be my doctor for cost. I mean you have no right to make 100k a year helping people...you really should do that for free you know!!

P.s you can buy a car straight from the manufacturer from the manufacturer website...but you will notice it always costs more than what the dealers sell it for...you know...car dealers sell below the sticker price...like cutting into there profits to sell more cars AT a better price...so yea just totally skip the auto dealers and just buy it right from the manufacturer websites and pay sticker price...your spot on

I'm a CPA faggot. I never tried to brag about something that does not and will not ever exist. When you have M.D. by your name, then brag a little. Until then, shut the fuck up because you're just another one of the millions of delusional retards that thinks they're going to be the next Bill Gates.

>I myself am financing a 30k motorcycle. I have more than enough money to pay off the bike. But i am just building my credit if the event ever occurs that i need it. I put a hefty down payment and plan to pay it off in a year. Additionally I can invest the money that I didnt spend on buying the bike and can make back more money then the interest would cost

OMG you invest?? like give loans to people so they can pay it back to you? your part of the problem then....the problem your telling me...as credit is killing us....credit is evil...loans are evil or...did you forget your great teachings old master?

>owns several buisnesses
>all these grammatical errors

And i do have a right. Im going to school for 12 years and have a lot of reponsibility. Mean while these shit for brain athletes and singers are making millions a year for nothing.

> (You)
>Cant you read?
I can read just fine....your college is paid for with a 70,000 trust fund. The Avg cost to get your M.D is over $150,000 so...that would mean your $80,000 short encase you can't do math

Please learn to use you're. Or has your middle school teacher not taught that yet?

>going to be a doctor
>can't even keep up with your own bullshit in the span of 10 minutes
Enjoy it while it lasts, reality will knock on your door soon.

>I'm a CPA
I need to hire a new CPA...the one I had working for me last was not the sharpest tool in the locker.... are you in Texas? lol

No...idiot. I have my college completely paid for. I would say the company but I dont want you to know where I live. Additionally I have 70k to play with. Also I priced out the cost and it will be about 130k.

yea...he is going to be a Doctor with a trust fund of 70k when it costs over 150k....he still does not understand he short 80k...maybe he needs a CPA to tell him that? lmao

>All these shitties thinking they know what they're takjing about.

>Can't even use proper grammar.

>Go by what their community college carrer advisor told them

It costs about 130k you numb nuts. And I have it all paid for. Fuck you weebs sure are dumb

Nah, I'm not. Although up until his passing, I was the account manager for a guy that owned 5 car dealerships. He didn't have any physical lots, as all of the cars were purchased and shipped directly from dealers. Bewilders me how he made any money, given that he paid to ship cars across the country and commissions out the ass.

70k isn't shit when it comes to med school. My brother just graduated with an anesthesiology fellowship and owes north of 300k. Doesn't really matter considering he's making 400k and married to an anesthesiologist as well.

>makes 400k
I call bullshit. Anesthesiologist only make around 200k a year

you know what...your so dumb...its not even funny pointing that out. Just try to make sure you dont fuck up someones fast food order tomorrow.

>130k for med school
Kek. From the sound of it, you're still in high school acting like you know anything about life. First, you're the weeaboo that nigs out because someone here actually owns a business and isn't a benchracing faggot. Then, your only retorts are about the guy's grammar and constant backpeddling. Try making a post where you don't contradict your previous one.

Damm it...sounds like he worked out a good little nich for him self until he passed. Well bummer...the CPA I have now does not know he is on borrowed time but he just fucks up...I think he lost heart in it and gave up for some reason...I tried to get him back in the game but....well burned out I guess.

thanks, some people get on my ass with my grammar. It was never a subject I was strong in. But man enough to say it lol

>ITT: mad jelly poorfags

boy, just go hug your mothers skirt

Do the math faggot. 20k a year average in state tuition not including dorms for medical school. Thats 80k for those 4 years. The university that I am in now cost about 8k a year. 8x4 is 32k. If i fuck some some classes or w.e that comes out to 130k. Fuck youre dumb. Do some research before talking shit

My moms dead, you asshole

scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5618787442.html

Would say this is a good alternative for a first car, with some extra change for gas, insurance , maintenance and a set of wheels that actually match

I still find this funny as fuck...

>what credible source?
My history teacher in high school

>medical school
>dorms
You really are still in high school, aren't you?
>public medical school
>highly specialized surgery
This just gets better and better.

Sure...whatever you want to roll with.
If thats the truth, then I'm sorry to hear that and will re frame from making that joke...my father has bladder cancer and understand losing a mother/father hurts/sucks

>implying

Nobody has to imply anything, you make it perfectly clear.
>can't handle banter online
>i'm going to be a surgeon i swear!

Wow thanks user. That was very mature of you.

Well I wish to apologize to everyone. I thought Id jump on the old chan today and russle some jimmies but it seems a lot of you have taken it very seriously. I am sorry and wish all of you a great rest of your day.

This. A 1k car is going to cost over 1k annually, at least, so 3k is more like 1.5k for car +1.5k for repairs/maintenance + other costs.

your really good at staying on topic....lol Buying a cheaper car at 1.5 can have more repair cost than one that cost more as you get what you pay for. Best thing to do...have someone look at the car who KNOW what to look at/for before buying ANY car.

Pretty much this. I just bought a leaky 85 Subaru for 600 bucks, that thing is pretty awesome even though its crap

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5631672714.html

1995 F 150 with manual and 70k.

Convince me not to offer him 3750.