/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>1995 Civic edition

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement on AP2
youtube.com/watch?v=5-m0alr2am4
>Amuse S2000
youtube.com/watch?v=TapkhD6WHjM

>Captive Rotors
youtube.com/watch?v=5xIUAMl-oRQ

>Civic Si doing work
youtube.com/watch?v=zpDRfq9fMis

>Shingu's Exhaust
youtu.be/itY8amp9tOI
youtube.com/watch?v=pOxOfiyi228

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/221345847100?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
ebay.com/itm/FOR-BENZ-150MM-M8-M10-M12-LONG-EXTENDED-DILDO-BUBBLE-SHIFT-KNOB-CAR-AUTO-RAINBOW-/371347219859?hash=item567604e593:g:3EAAAOSwll1WyfJw&vxp=mtr
youtu.be/QlJhqomYEhE?t=4m38s
speedhunters.com/2009/11/car_feature_gt_gt_that_240z/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>kind of want to start my AC install
>chance of rain all day

Shit.

Hell yeah bro. High mile club.

Can I be added to the /hg/ senpai?

2013 Fit

Need proof m8

>2000 civic parked outside of gfs aprtment building
>hasn't moved in 3 months
>duct tape was holding passenger window up
>now it has fallen and gets rain in the interior
>cigarette butts piled in ashtray
>trash everywhere
>stupid "I love cats" sticker covering missing trunk badge
>aftermarket front bumper due to front end collision from what I can gather per the VIN check thread
>left note on windshield asking if they want to get rid of it
>just want a cheap manual DD I can gut the interior out of and slowly upgrade the suspension
>plan to boosted H22 swap it down the road
>2 weeks without hearing anything from the owner
I'm half tempted to steal it via tow truck at this point

>tow truck stealing
What are you? A Mexican or puerto rican?

Will add fãm

We need more fit boyz in the collage.

No homo alphonse

I'm someone that wants to make a car drivable again instead of watching it rot in a parking space

Do it

I'm tempted. I've already sourced front and rear strut bars as well as coilovers. I'm looking at used motors now. Leaning H22, but I have a soft spot for the B series since I owned an integra when I was in high school

Got the AC hoses all connected. Pretty easy. Big problem is that one of the condenser supports was in my glove box the day I bought the car. I'll have to get that welded back on or something before I can install the condenser.

Also noticed I don't even have the top supports at all. Damn.

thinking of getting a civic esi trim with a D16Z6. anybody have any experience with that motor?

It's a gud motor

What are you looking to do with it? D series motors are pretty anemic, but it would be fine for a gas saving DD

I remembered when I helped my friend with his DA replacing the AC condenser; It was a pain in the ass since the replacement was a vatozone part and not everything fit as it was supposed to be.

Hopefully my buddy should have the stuff I need to finish it up. He did chop up a coupe down to a pile of metal so he has a lot of misc bits I always snag.

>obtain scrap pieces of aluminum
>place in vice
>bend with vice grips
>grind down area of engine bay where brackets need to go
>drive to weld shop
>spend 20 bucks
>rattle can to prevent rust
>drill and tap brackets
Pretty easy desu

it will be a DD the car is even an auto. so definite DD duty for life. im new to hondas but they look so simple to work on them yourself it is influencing me to get one. really looking forward to decent MPG too, im currently DDing a f150

If you're looking to DD it and work on it yourself, it will be a fantastic car. They are truly a dream to fix. Everything is so simple and parts are everywhere

There's a bunch of sedans and even an Si hatch at the junkyard if my buddy doesn't have the stuff. Luckily I grabbed four relays from CB Accords on my last trip for my headlights. I'll need my two spares for the AC harness.

Also need to rebuild the harness for my passenger headlight. Didn't use high enough gauge wire so it's not as bright as it should be.

> let car idle
> five mins later idle starts bouncing

I wish I knew what caused that because it isn't the IACV.

trying to find an oem caliper mount, my drivers side front was replaced when I got my last insurance inspection because the mechanic claimed the bolts were stripped. It rusted after a couple months and I have to grease the brake pins every few weeks or I get wheel shake.

>30 mpg

>every 7000 miles my 2012 lx requires a $50 synthetic oil change
>but i only put $20 into the gas tank every two weeks, so i still come way out above anything else on the road

can't beat a lightweight and frugal car

>insurance inspection
Wew lad
Good thing I don't need to go through that bullshit with my insurance

Time for straight pipe and sensor delete for max MPG. 200K miles soon too.

I like the quietness though. I felt like the car was even more of a turd when I disconnected the muffler; it was too loud for my taste.

Thankfully they aren't to in depth here in Alberta, I shouldn't need anything done to pass it. Sucks having to pay the $100 or so for a mechanics stamp of approval though.

Good point. Mine is quiet when I'm just cruising.

Got the new signals in the mail. Gonna find something tomorrow to make sure it seals up good.

>accord cb7
One of my favourite looking hondas. Are you from America or EU? If you're looking for a 3rd gen I'd recommend you get one with a b20a5. The b20a3/b20a4 is a good motor imo but only if you don't mind the fact that they are dual carb. The b21a1 (the one i have in my red 90 prelude) is a decent motor too but be prepared for it to chew through piston rings. It's one of the first engines honda made with FRM sleeves which aren't a bad thing per se, but they didn't think to improve the material of the piston ring landings or piston rings.

i never noticed it before, what's up with your strut towers? did you cut them when lowering or was that from a previous owner?

Yeah a previous owner cut them so the upper control arms wouldn't bang into it.

Hello, I'm in an argument. Is the Saturn Ion Redline better than a DC2 or EF or EP3 or DC5?
What about tuned Saturn Ion Redline vs. tuned versions of all the previous?
THanks!

Solid attempt corey

Saturn ion is faster in straight line for sure

>time for Saturn Ion Redline posts for the next eternity

pls no

Kek at least it will be a new substance for a little bit. Gtr vs corvette is getting old.
>inb4 where were you when the good machine died
>pic in op is a redline trim ion

Then again Alphonse hates GM so I'd doubt that's be a thing

Gtr vs corvette threads will never die. I've accepted this and never reply to.

Why a Honda, /hg/?

So you can join the collage

What percent is the oil life at 7,000 miles according to the car's computer?

What shift knob do y'all have? I'm thinking about getting an NRG type R style knob due to the paint on this one fading

Anyone have experiences with those or other recommendations?

Is my new-to-me Acura allowed?

Yes

Now join the collage

I recharged the AC and registered it as vintage before I left for the plates.

Might take it down to Florida, from today it sounds like that's where I'll be

Pretty sweet. You're gonna need that AC though. Lol

JDM rebadge as fuck

pulled

Stock

You can get a metal non painted one but they get too hot or too cold depending on the weather

ebay.com/itm/221345847100?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

or get a bubble knob and be GAAAAAAAAAAAY
ebay.com/itm/FOR-BENZ-150MM-M8-M10-M12-LONG-EXTENDED-DILDO-BUBBLE-SHIFT-KNOB-CAR-AUTO-RAINBOW-/371347219859?hash=item567604e593:g:3EAAAOSwll1WyfJw&vxp=mtr

> even says dildo in the name

Kek

>still no haven't diagnosed ac leak
>starting to get really hot 80+
wew

Chances are that the motor or transmission are completely ruined if the interior and body are as bad as you say they are.

You want a DD with a gutted interior and I assume coilover suspension?

Do you even own a car? Do you know what its like to be in a gutted car going 70mph?

Christ man, get yourself something nicer to DD and then buy a project car instead of stealing some poor loser's POS.

put it on and let's see a pic m8

Attaboy!!!

> only delivery driver for the final hour and a half of work

SPEEDY SPEED BOY

that body is in such nice condition hhhhnnnnnnnggggg

GREDDYYYYY TIMEEEEEE

NIGHT OF FIRE

RICER

Worth looking at? I want a sports car track monster canyon carver!

I know the feeling. I deliver in my stripped out shitbox Honda.

Tips were fucking gud. Was getting just enough orders to keep me in the car and they weren't too late.

>18 inch wheels

There's nothing better

doing work. any suggestions on what color i should paint my block? I may just clean it and leave it desu

Repaint valve cover black and paint the block red.

Black valve cover and black block

Is that a B20/B21 out of a 3rd gen prelude?

i want more pics of the del sol type r thats in the collage

see

There are no Del Sol Type R's. Its color is close to the type R's championship white if it isn't that color already.

I am going to fuck your semantic loving mouth so hard that nobody will have to suffer another autistic bullshit thought that slothfully tumbles out of your disgusting hole ever again.

listen to this jackass and have fun finding oil leaks

>not posting angry bee videos
youtu.be/QlJhqomYEhE?t=4m38s bye bye police!

That's pretty gay Corey

I'm not Corey. You're just acting like an asshole
"There is no Del Sol Type R"
Honestly? Do you think you're funny or something?

Advice? The guy says everything works but the gauges. Its slightly lowered

I bought the car, how do I make it better?
How can I improve this engine bay?
It has 70 hp, what can I add to make the car handle better and go through the corners faster?

I need to make the car really TIGHT and GROUNDED TO THE GROUND but also light weight
Does hood bracing actually do anything besides make the hood stiff and durable in case of accident? can i use my saw to cut off the hood bracing?

>I need to make the car really TIGHT and GROUNDED TO THE GROUND but also light weight

Coilovers, bracing, sway bars,better tires, remove interior

You couldn't carve a fucking turkey in the vicinity of that vehicle.

I dont think you understand
this is a time attack , mountain carving, CIVIC
I am going in blind on this shit
It needs MORE
revolutionary ideas

Swap the chassis with a better vehicle.

>really hot
>80
Bitch it was 102 in our shop today with 90% humidity. Suck it up

Stop

Stop being a fucking 16 year old that's gonna sik mod his Honda with REVOLUTIONARY mods and every few words CAPITALIZED

I mean, you're trying to make a canyon carver out of a 70hp econobox famalam. He's not wrong unless you plan on dropping huge coinage and leaving nothing stock

You realize you're in /hg/ right?

I gotta get my honda low like
speedhunters.com/2009/11/car_feature_gt_gt_that_240z/
and get my fenders and wheels
then I will be the true time attacker

>you will never swap in a 4agze into your honda
>you will never swap in a klze into your honda

"There is not a lot to get excited about in this Honda line up anymore."

They never made a Del Sol type R m8

It's Corey

>hondas cant be performance
>hondas cant be engine swapped

>Swap engine
>Swap transmission
>Buy coilovers, camber plates, control arms, tie rods
>Buy strut bars
>Buy wheels and tires
Or sell it and buy a GSR

Have you ever tried not shit posting?

Why
Are
You
On
/hg/
Why are you trying to argue against Honda being a decent tuning platform?

how meaningful is ATTS and or 4WS? is it good enough to go for a PRELUDE and base an entire build on it? i find this tech shit SIKKKK AS FUCK im coming from a 1976 chebby
AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
IS J DOL BOW WOW WOW WOW

Have you ever driven a car with proper suspension and more than 100hp?
Hondas are great tuning platforms. D series motors are not however

Did you not read engine swap you moron