pastebin.com/w5jdaGVn

>Old 2015 /kf2g/ pastebin info (old server IPs):
pastebin.com/gCA9DkDw

EU servers:
open 85.236.101.21:8077?password=rage
open 51.254.187.123:7777

US server:
open 173.199.103.120:23000

Full release date: November 18 on PC and PS4.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742499346
pastebin.com/uCUjbFKY
gamebanana.com/maps/187201
gamebanana.com/maps/161973
steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/959651810728291089
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for Strasser being the best character

>bare hands
no

>needing gloves
Sorry princess, afraid of a little blood on your nails?

Can someone please explain to me how exactly stumbling works?

Just use this, then
I want more gloveless characters/option to remove add and remove gloves anyway, some just look shit

how where

My nigga

workshop

OP do you have access to the pastebin under
>user's guide to modding sounds
I have things I wish to fix

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742499346
Enjoy

thanks, too bad I don't actually have him
kinda sucks that the gloves are just flat textures with no model, either

How do I make a map that isn't shit?

I don't. You could always make a new one and change it up, I'll replace it next thread.

Make plenty of corridors, very little light and where stepping in the wrong area will instakill you because of zed spawns

no dead ends
not too open, not too claustrophobic
prototype the map with bsp geometry first and see how it plays, when you're satisfied with the map gameplay flow replace bsp geometry with modular static meshes
then spend ages making it look beautiful

Make de_dust 2 in KF2, you will have thousands of subscribers

This is the new one
pastebin.com/uCUjbFKY

hehe, so SWAT is just commando with free big clips huh?

i'd imagine there's a meter that adds up and when it reaches max they stumble
like stun in street fighter

Nice to see the good ol dick.

SWAT is...swat. Yeah.

imagine it as a little meter, that fills up and when it is completely filled, the zed will get stumbled, the meter is reset to being empty, and there's a cooldown before you can start filling it again.
Each weapon does a certain amount of "stumble damage", could be 0, could be really big. when you shoot a zed with a weapon you fill that meter up a bit.
As you shoot it fills up more, and eventually they're stumbled. Keep in mind the meter is decreasing in value constantly, say, 20 per second. Meaning that if you stop shooting or if you're not doing enough stumble damage, the meter will deplete.

This applies to every single affliction in the game, from stumble to stun to knockdown to freezing. Most weapons don't have any stun or knockdown power, check the big document in the op for details on which weapons does what affliction, and how vulnerable a zed is to afflictions.

Sounds like an unironic meme map that people would play once.
I'm terrible at map design though, and my SDK is all jittery even after deleting my KF2 documents folder.
Which fixed some parts of KF2, but not the SDK.
Was fine a few months ago when I first tried it out.
Someone already did, just not on the workshop.
gamebanana.com/maps/187201

>gamebanana.com/maps/187201
It's shit. We need the normal dust 2 with open places and daytime.

Saved it

I can't actually launch sdk. Don't know why. Any tips?
Installed sdk in kf2 folder, but it crashes or can't even launch.

opt into beta preview for sdk

Thank you!

I mean, I could "borrow" his map and see if I could do it.

Only a real copy would make it great, not just layout of dust 2 with KF2 textures.

*shoots scrake with rpg*
heh.. shut up kid this games easy

>find a counter to 2 enemies in the game
lol ez

>Press 1 to select my other primary weapon
>It highlights it but won't actually switch to it
This shit pisses me off

jokes aside i think the impact damage of a close rpg shot that fucks up scrakes harder than an aa12 is dumb

Get gamebanana.com/maps/161973
>Open it in KF1 sdk
>Select all geometry and lights
>Copy
>Open empty project in KF2 sdk
>Paste
>While all geometry is still selected scale everything up 1.75 (don't remember how)
>Rebuild
>Geometry port done
I might forgot something, but It's generally how it's done, tried it on my own kf1 map. You will still need to make it a proper KF2 map though (traders, waypoints, etc)

bullet perks please kill trash hehe :)

I'll give it a go.

Also, stardant meshes from TWI are very basic and boring, so you also gonna need some drawling skills to create your own meshes.

Not memeing, just got here, but feeling like this has been asked:

Why play commando anymore? What's the advantage over SWAT? I only played briefly but it seems like they fill the same role, and SWAT has stronger perks.

And it takes alot of time. ALOT alot. If you want to make your map pretty and original.

>stardant meshes from TWI are very basic and boring

Commando has more potential in good hands and is useful to the team with stalkers and zed time.

>Why play commando anymore? What's the advantage over SWAT?
Stalker vision for you and your team plus zed time extensions.
>I only played briefly but it seems like they fill the same role, and SWAT has stronger perks.
SWAT has the worst fucking skills in the whole game other than Frontal Assault which is probably the best zed time skill in the whole game.
The only reason SWAT is doing okay (it should still be changed if you ask me) is because it has fucking huge magazines and its flashbang is amazing.

Thanks, I forgot about the zed time extensions, I'm used to getting that from zerkers. Stalker view wasn't blowing my mind. That does make sense. I think SWATs perks work well, but admittedly only because of the fuckhuge mags and max ammo.

And the flashbang is my favorite grenade so far.

I'm doubt they're used meshes from SDK in their own maps. It's just a placeholder for you to play with.

"meshes from SDK" are actual game resources used on stock maps. Maps are entirely made of meshes, every single one of them is available in sdk.

Aright so I'm not familiar with the KF1 SDK, how do I select everything?

Since you start with nothing selected, press "invert selection" and it will select everything

okay corrections, trying to paste everything in KF2 sdk along with objects and scripts will bugsplat it, it has to be just the geometry and lights. I used find actor window to delete everything that's not geometry or lights, then proceed with the plan.

Swat only has 2 things going for it
-Flashbang
-Best perk to start with

Flashbang is great utility, stun big zeds on demand and potentially solo it on your own. The recent crossbow buff however means you can use one shot to stun scrakes with crossbow off perk. If you have a sharp with the stun skill, also stun FPs with one shot. so if you need a designated stunner a Sharp would be better.

The dual 9mms+mp7+free armor make it the best perk to start with. MP7 is a good trash killer for early waves, and the dual 9mm is free dosh if you sell it. You should be able to survive waves 1 and 2 without spending much, then you can switch perks from there on.

Other than that, swat kills trash ok but worse than commando, who is still best at that. He can't really fight Big zeds that well on his own, since you're limited to killing at best 5 big zeds before needing to grab more. The one thing he could have had going for him is the 30% slow on zeds, but TWI stupidly decided to add that to gunslinger who was powerful enough.

New correction: just pasting bugsplats it anyway, it has to be done via File>Export >dickbutt.t3d in KF1 SDK and then File>Import>Existing level>dickbutt.t3d in kf2 SDK

Nope. Look at them yourself. All of them are very primitive.

This seems way more complicated than it should be, better off starting from scratch.

>teammates insist on camping in that dead end on infernal realm
>"it's a good spot I promise"
>we wipe at wave 5 and the guy who suggested it leaves immediately
I can't believe I fell for this meme AGAIN. Seriously, I swear people pick this spot just to intentionally wipe.

Speaking of IR, what's a good spot to hold there? Also a good kite route

You mean the bridge? Its a good spot but you really need to have a guy or two dedicated to watching the back flanks

You're thinking modular level meshes on the image since it's everything that's in content browser by default. To see other meshes load packages in content browser, the ones you are looking for have ENV and MESH in their name.

It sure is, but it wouldn't be a 1:1 port then. There's a West London Remake 2009, built from the ground with KF2 assets, the scale is way off, the mood is completely different, i don't like it. If you thought it would be easy, sorry to disappoint, it's not. Better start your own project, simple but playable, then add complexity if you still have the interest.

Since we're talking about mapmaking, how the fuck do you even use custom assets like whole buildings?
I tried placing a building on a map and it only has textures in one direction. What the fuck are you supposed to do to give it textures in the other direction?
Why are buildings split up into 16 or more pieces even though there's no good reason to split them up?
Is there any way to place a whole building all at once?

>custom assets
And by "custom assets" I mean "I'm retarded, I meant assets already in the SDK."

So that dust2 kf1 map is a direct port from cs1.6 or?

>Why are buildings split up into 16 or more pieces even though there's no good reason to split them up?
The good reason is called modular level design, like legos, TES games use this technique this since Morrowind. You can creatively reuse bits and pieces making different things out of them.
Use copy paste and snap to grid a lot to speed up the proess
>place 4*4 wall
>copy paste it and rotate, here's your second wall
>select both walls and copy paste and rotate them again, here's your 3rd and 4th wall
etc
The decorative houses they use as level boundaries are generally come in one big piece (non explorable burning paris houses)

Might be, there are ways to port geometry between engines with various tools and hacks, although Gold Source and Unreal engine use different bsp types - goldsrc levels are additive type, aka you have infinite emptiness where you add solid brushes (hence you can fall through the world if there's a hole), where unreal engine uses subtractive type, aka you have infinite solid matter which you crave level out of.

And then is there any way to place a whole building at once or am I fucked?

Just go copy one from some map, open stock maps and see how they've done it.

what guns and skills do you guys use for demo now?

Everything to the left except for Extra ammo, RPG+M16 if team is shit and can't keep trash off me
RPG+M79 if I can sit in the back spamming nades and nukes

The Crossbow stun feels inconsistent. Even as SS with Ballistic Shock and shooting the head, sometimes I get a stun, and sometimes I don't

More or so the best trash killer and constant dps to bosses. Also skills are what makes swat great as a tank or stagger/debuff beast. If you have more than one swat against the boss it becomes too easy. In between rounds you are just a glorified trash cleaner.

Heavy armor skills make him a great tank but they need to up the armor some more. Beyond hard with bonuses 150 armor is nothing after a scrake hits you for a few hits. Yeah you wont take health damage but the armor needs to last longer to be any worth.

>/kfg/ believes in the SWAT tank meme

is there any resource where you can see all the skins available for a weapon?

The Steam market?

they're in the SDK

Just go to the Steam market and search by the weapon's name
Or open the SDK and filter the Skins folder by the weapon's name then open the MIC

When the fuck is it coming out of beta?
It's been almost two weeks now.

Hopefully another two weeks. SWAT doesn't have a riot shield, and his skills are meme tier. They're not going to put in the effort to make a riot shield, but they should put in the effort to make the gun tank thing a reality, and have some semblance of separation from Commando.

What if it turns out that Tripwire is going to add the final class to the beta branch, then push them out together?

Time for a new experiment. Let's try cloning.

steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/959651810728291089

Finally.

>Option 1: Delete your server
you do it to yourself TWI

NEVER EVER

>>Grind map for gaining XP fast:
does that mean it's legal to do that now?

Grind maps are not the same as the old boost maps

interesting
so there's really no problem, right?

Not really

TWI's response to server problems: DELETE THIS

the grind maps are just a map where all the zeds spawn in a box where they can't get to the player unless the player runs in so it technically doesn't violate any rules
there's also a levelling mod that works in preview

Clot's arms are RIPPED.

>Play as Homura
>Press LB + Y

OH
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

What

Someone should remake the Dota 2 map in KF2.

>bump into stalker
>instantly die

I don't like HoE.

Just ask them to politely stop

>asking females anything
>ever

Is this anything other than expensive fun?

It's fun to use on hard.