Fanboys

Why is it that people who like utter shit brands are so blind to the reason why the brand is so shit?
Is it muh feels?
Is it your dads voice in the back of your head?
Are you brain damaged?
How can you ignore massive flaws?
How can you stand by something to terrible?
How can you ignore objectivity?
I dont understand you!!!

Lack of willingness to accept they've made poor decisions out of insecurity.

>Buy car
>Pour hours of sweat and work into it
>Whether it be maintenance or performance oriented, do all the work yourself
>Browse forums and YouTube for hours reading up on DIY projects and other people's experiences
>Develop sentimental value to the car and learn to love the brand for its pros, and learn the work arounds and fixes for its cons
>Some NEET on 4chins that doesn't even own a wrench wants me to explain why
Get fucked

Nice samefag OP

>be nocar
>"these are bad, I know these things"

>buy shitty car without researching
>totally ignore obvious flaws
>put tons of money into shitty car
>always know in the back of your mind there are better options
>be extremely bitter and post on Veeky Forums

Nice try
Why would you assume im a nocar? I have 3 vehicles currently.

>Have no job
>Can't afford car
>Stuck in the basement and have to borrow mommies Prius to go play Magic at the local fedora store
>Has no life skills
>Couldn't change a cars oil if their life depended on it, much less anything that requires actual labor
>Makes post on Veeky Forums to project their pathetic life
Wew

>being this upset about your shitty purchase
Wew
I didnt even have to name a specific brand and people are upset.

>owning a god machine that you restored yourself
Sorry about your nojob

One mans trash is another mans treasure i guess.

>doesn't have any knowledge about Scouts
Confirmed for no car

This is exactly what OP is talking about.

Hardly

GM fangirls can't accept being slower

Anyone expressing brand loyalty is part of a brand tribe. Just like those brain dead fucks who wear Rockstar or Monster hats.

It's faygo for OP

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand

I get that Dodge has made very bad decisions in the last two decades (like using the archaic transmissions that couldn't handle the magnum engines) but I really like the design and the cheapness of parts. My Charger is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned.

The Corvette can rust in hell, but then again it is mostly plastic so might as well recycle it.

Still better than a Datsun made in a Japanese factory with only the finest whale semen as lubricant.

Nice meme. Let me point out that the GM brand covers chevorlet, geo, saturn, saab, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, pontiac, Daewoo, and buick. Kinda wasted spots that could have gone to other more deserving brand like the cars that catch on fire.
You know them, porsche, ferrari and a few other brands that are just expensive shit boxes.

>better
I guess that's why it's slower.

Its just a random image of a bunch of car brands.
Calm your tits

There are 3 camps in this argument:

1. Brand whores: only cares about and will only buy one manufacturer. Such as Ford and Chevy boomers.

2. Brand adoptees: People who grew to love a brand based on their experiences driving, owning, and working on a specific brand, however usually own multiple vehicles with only one being their "baby".

3. Non-commiters: Don't care about specific brands, only specific features. May own a vehicle or two but are more likely to lease, as they see their vehicle as more of an appliance than anything.

I'd say a brand whore is more the type that gets something like a BMW/MB etc to show off.
Kinda like with designer clothes.

Ford and Chebby is just Tribalism. Nothing wrong with that either.

Good thing I don't live in Cucklefornia.

What?

It is a fusion of the words cuckhold and california.

Yea, I got that. But what's your point?

>feels the need to explain his meme
>doesn't understand that the user didn't understand why California has anything to do with the argument
Jesus

Why can't you like something while acknowledging it's flaws?
I like 4th gen trans AMs; i know they can't turn
Still like them

Because Veeky Forums is autistic and will always find something to meme about. 99% of them will never be on a race track, or even an autocross track. 99% of them don't have the knowledge or skills to get all of a cars performance potential out of it when behind the wheel. 99% of them can't even spin a wrench. So they project their insecurities and lack of finances on the rest of the board, and end up circle jerking to a 1991 miata.

Like what you like, I'll like what I like, and we will all be happy

Don't fail and I will

>people who know what they are talking about speak truth
>get told they are a bus rider because the autists get angry about the truth

The people getting butt mad don't even own a car

Today I learned that 2 seconds is enough to care about.

This has to be the most ridiculous board on Veeky Forums, and thats coming from someone who spends most of their time shitposting on /pol/.

I don't understand wtf you trying to say

Most retarded fanboys dont

I'd say I'm an adoptee- both the Outlander my mother had before some shitter rear-ended and totalled it and the Lancer my father owns are great.
Mitsubishi is good in my books, even though I own a Cavalier.

I'm probably a lot older than the average person on Veeky Forums. I was 15 when my father purchased his 1991 Lexus LS400 after owning a Lincoln Town Car. That Lexus left such a big impression on me for how big of a leap forward it was compared to everything else at the time and I was right at the age when I was just getting into cars and the 90s import scene was starting in earnest, so the Lexus was cool. I thought the Lexus was the best thing ever and I have only ever owned Toyota/Lexus as an adult.

My father got a BMW E38 740il after that though and fell in love with that (I really liked that car too, my favorite bimmer). He has never purchased anything except BMW since then.

My point is that I think cars can make really big impressions at different times in different people's lives and the romanticism sticks with them and they project it onto cars they get after it. I bet a big reason my father thinks fondly about the E38 even to this day is that it was his first car after he divorced my mother and became a lot happier and at ease with his life.

assmad gm fangirl spotted

These are pretty based desu

>there are people who unironically enjoy GM products

Driving is something I enjoy. So I will drive a car I enjoy. I've had four BMWs ('02 540it, '03 M5, '08 535xit, '98 750iL), but went with a Lincoln (2011 MKS EcoBoost). It's comfortable for long trips, and enough torque and top end to deal with most shit heads.

I dislike FWD, but had an '01 Saturn L300 that was fun until the trans blew again. I liked the looks of my '07 MonteCarlo SS, but torque steer because FWD.

Of all the cars I've driven, a FI V12 takes me to my happy place, which in why in going to buy an '07 SL65 this winter.

I think you're right on the big impressions at certain times, but I also think the worst thing that can happen is that you end up owning the car that left such an impression.

When I was 16 and shopping for the car I would share with my dad for the next couple years (the plan being I would work and gradually pay them for it so it could be mine when I went to college, just so that autism doesn't derail everything) we came across a Civic Si. It seemed nice, it was cool to me, it had a nav system which I had literally never seen in an affordable car before etc. But, we decided to sleep on it, the car sold, and we ended up with something else.

But the impression stuck. The mistake was that I bought one a year ago, and it has been an absolute piece of shit, even though there was nothing obviously wrong in the PPI I had done, and has just been depressing to own. I guess it has just been a matter of "don't meet your idols" or something like it.

I don't ignore the flaws in my Mopars. My Challenger is having problems with the digital gauges. My Ramcharger has the worst small block ever and is the most frustrating combination of Imperial and Metric bullshit. My wife's Ram gets shit mileage and the 8 speed is sluggish.

I'd still take a Dodge over any other brand. I've had better experiences in their cars than any other.