>post your Scheisseschachtel
>post what you've fixed on it recently
>post what you've upgraded
>post how much you love the damned thing
>post anything BMW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MMc8OmYLpbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

E30 or E36? Both excellent condition, both excellent price.

Flip a coin.

id say e30 as they will increase in value sooner and there are less good condition examples left

I miss my e30 :( now have a low and slow e46 touring

Still a cool car though!

my e30 was so much fun to drive,I had a lot of shit done to it, regret selling it everyday, but currently looking for one right now, well that or a Grom lol.

most people will say e30 but i think the e36 is more livable without sacrificing too much fun

have you test driven an example of both?

I currently drive an autotragic jeep. So this will be my entry into small, sporty cars.

>most people will say e30 but i think the e36 is more livable without sacrificing too much fun
This. E30 has dat look and feel but the e36 is just modern enough to be livable like that. Also, e36's are like legos if you're gonna mod it.

Although, if the e36 you're looking at is a 4cyl, don't and get the e30 regardless of it's engine.

The E30 M3 is a damn nice looking vehicle.

In other news, water is wet

>buys an E30 M3 and some shitty wheels
>no money left to get an alignment

welded a small patch for my e30 floor. it's fucking terrible chicken shit welds and I had holes. Cleaned it up with wire wheel, primered it, sprayed some rubber coating shit to seal it up under and on top. I guess it might be terrible but it's better than a rust hole.

Were you using a mig welder with gas? If you spend some time learning to set it up correctly there's no reason the weld should have problems. Maybe you didn't clean the welding surface enough. You can always do another pass over it.

So would you say the E36 is a better daily driver?

>tfw you got a flat and now have to drive around your pleb Audi until you can get the tire change

umm i'm pretty sure those are the original BBS RS/Style 5s

So, I'm thinking of buying some aftermarket headers for my Z3

trying to decide if i should buy ebay ones like everyone and spend a little money ceramic coating them and getting an exhaust shop to make them fit perfectly, or buy the bimmerbrakes V1's that are a little more expensive, but wont have any clearance issues

only question is, will there be fitment issues considering i've got an M54B22 (2.2i)? The headers are for the M54b25/b30 (2.5i/3.0i), they're both M54 engines so there shouldnt be any problems, right?

thanks

pic related, ebay vs original headers

post dem sexy E36
preferably green ones, but I'll accept every color

What do you guys think of the BMW 745Li? I really like this car and am considering saving up to buy it online. It's such a beautiful car, but Is it worth it?

looks like pige

My e34.

163k mi

i6 m50 arctic silver metallic

full stock inside and out

Too bad DarksideE36's custom BRG was nailed while parked, that thing was the epitome of sex.

>talking about yourself in third person

not fooling me

>Li
you dont need the "L" (long version)
overall the e65 is a damn nice and comfy car, can be expensive to maintain, look up 745i valvetronic and vanos issues.

> E E0

No this was his.

And this was what happened to it.

15 F32, mine
xDrive because it snows here 7 months out of the year
>inb4 F cars are shit
swapped the silver grilles for black ones, JB4
nothing else done to it bc i'm going back to school and don't have the money

It had a special Tubi exhaust too.

Is it manual at least?

Pretty good car, but one of the lesser reliable modern BMWs. That infotainment or whatever system was tricky as fuck and always had problems, even when new, so don't know what it's like now.
>inb4 "if you buy an expensive luxury car and care about infotainment working, you aren't a car guy"

not that guy.i would say go for the e36.i owned both.e30 is for the heart,e36 for everything else

DOOHRIFTUUH

e30 is overrated.but damn it looks better than an e36

your opinion a shit
E36 is the most beautiful of the bunch

I like the E34 the most when it comes to looks. It's got the classic E30 style front but a modern everything else, including an overall smoother shape and nicer rear.

Green is my middle name.

DODOKDO MY NIGGA
I AM ALSO ABOUT TO SELL MY YELLOW COMPACT CAR to buy a green e36

will i regret it like you did?

>selling yellow compact car
>to buy a green E36
Now all you need is a shitty trip and a plushie of your previous car and you'll be a faggot just like me.
I'd say if it's a 6 cylinder and in decent condition you won't regret it. The only thing I regret about mine is 4 cylinders. Be prepared to spend more on the BMW than on the Punto though. Or are you not the Punto guy?

Are 5 series in general really that big? I've always thought my 7 series was about average and that the E34 for example is a bit cramped inside, yet people commented on my E34 how huge it was.

E34s are considered mid size sedans so they're fairly big.

Niiiice. Is it fast? Note much did you pick it up for?

I am, in fact, that Punto guy.
it's a 150 hp 320i 180k km but full service history

Keep an eye on the cooling system and you'll be golden, the M50 engine itself is easy to work on and hassle free, but the cooling is a weak spot due to the use of plastic everywhere and plastic becomes kinda brittle and weak after 20 years.

I'm already jelly. I myself am considering an M50B20/M52B20 swap. Don't want a more powerful one cause I know I'd kill myself. But I can't afford a swap yet so maybe after I'm done with my job in Denmark.

I'd still have to get it
still can't let go of the Punto for some reason I'm really attached to it.

It just dawned upon me, the M70B50 engine has a compression ratio of 8.8:1, right?
Doesn't that mean I could boost the thing without fearing of it blowing up like a towelhead in a US embassy?

Not talking about mad "hektik flutter uleh" here, just some very light boost for fun.

Is an e30 a terrible idea for a first car. I work at a place that isn't a car mechanics, but restores old parts and machines including engines and carbs, shit like that if it makes a difference.

Yes and no. It's a great car to get experience on wrenching things, but it's also a terrible car because you'll be wrenching a lot.
Sure the M10 and M20 engines were pretty much indestructible, hell, the M10 was technically even used in Formula 1 after a ridiculous amount of boost.
Still, they're old cars, like almost ancient and shit is bound to fail left and right after over 20 years of seeing asphalt.

I happen to have both! E36 is by far the better car, far more modern and feels better on the road. Both are 325 coupes with their respective era engines (M20 and M50TU). M20 sounds nicer and is way more register-happy, probably due to lighter flywheel. M50 feels a bit smoother, has a timing chain and is almost as undedable as the M30. M20 is aight but you can almost bet your ass the owner hasn't changed the timing belt in forever and it likes to break rocker arms after 150k miles+ if it's being driven hard (which these tend to be, because there is no power down low)

One thing i can say in the E30s favor is that it's way lighter, my 325 weighs in at almost 1.5 tonnes or around 3300 lbs topped up with driver, while the E30 weighs about 1200kgs or ~2700 lbs. Considering the price of a good E30 these days i'd strongly suggest getting a good E36 instead. Unless you have some sort of die-hard fascination with the E30 chassis

Fucked up on rotor install. Saw it wobbled, didn't care. Now 2 out of 4 tires sidewalks cracked.

Interior quality took a huge dip on the first E36s though, make sure the headliner isn't about to come down if you check one out

I'm checking one out and that happened, what can I do now?

Yeah, it should be okay with a little boost.

Oh jesus fuck, I don't even. I can already hear the ungodly whine and the ungodly protest of the rear tires.

textile glue, alternatively it is possible to drop the entire headliner with the cardboard shape and take it to a professional

> JDM ziptie it or shoot it into the roof with a nail pistol

textile glue it is then.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMc8OmYLpbM

Traded two m73 heads (roller cams) to him for a v12 manual (pic in last bmw general) some years ago. He was hoping on make even more power with them..

That fucking gargantuan monster of a 6 speed was yours? Neat.
Also, who the fuck said that the V12 can't take any power, I can't hear anything short of a hektik turbo whistle.

the infotainment is super simple to use despite being 15 years old

as i said,i owned both and i prefer the looks of the e30.i now own an e36 vert. inb4 hurr durr vert

why would u swap an m50b20?! wasting money and gas instead of just swapping an m50b25 or m52b28.go big or go home.

Go big or go home indeed, M73B54 is the only answer

M50 Swap almost done..

B28?

Had no idea these had a carbon fiber impact bar

Early years were alu, later years carbon.

As I said, I know myself and my retardation at the wheel and I know for sure that I'd total it in like a month if I had more power.

lol, there is literally no way to crash even a 2.8 liter while driving normally. If you had 400+ hp it would be a different story

You're being dumb

I went from 188hp to 300hp, still haven't killed myself.

I went from ~138bhp to ~300bhp, still haven't killed myself.

As long as you fellows don't stickerbomb your cars, you guys should be safe. Those things add +5hp each!

Whats the sensible cutoff point for milage when buying a 2010-2014 bmw 320d?
The cars I find at 150k+ km are priced so much lower that it scares me.

davis, I can't get my door to align properly, what do?

diesel bmw's are literally indestructible as far as i know, i've seen exambles go upto 600k kilometers.

adjust your striker further

I adjusted it many times and it still won't close perfectly.

I tried adjusted the door hinges, and it almost closes, but there is still a gap.

Maybe my door hinges are slighty bent?
My car was in an accident once.

One of the only compelling cars they ever made.
My buddy has one of these and a hot rod 02. Both are a blast to drive.

Requesting original of pic in OP

cool
how much is the cost ?

It came up searching for "e30 rally" with larger than 4 MP set.

thanks bb

going to college in the fall. was looking for a used car to get me thru it and saw a bunch of bmws so i thought why not. i know the repair costs are high but i can afford it and got nearby mechanics but i still dont want it to come back and bite me in the ass. whats the most reliable model? budget around 3000, looking for a sedan or coupe
thanks

>mfw realizing that a stock z3 2.8 is only around 170whp stock and 2950lbs, meaning 17.35 pounds per horsepower
>mfw a miata with a really modest turbo setup is 200whp and 2200lbs, 11 pounds per horsepower
>mfw i'd have to mod or boost a z3 to at least 270whp to match that

fug
although the z3 will be much comfier and more livable as daily, and that m52b28 can make crazy power with investment in a good turbo kit (although all of them seem to be $6000)

>mfw literally one z3 in the entire state im in
was looking at mid 90s 325i's

get the 850csi or 850i?

wat about m50s? especially in 325i's

ima check with my local bmw mechanics tomorrow and see what they think. might go for a vw golf too

>tfw this thread actually aint shit

>implying you can afford a csi

do it

t. guy with the facelift topazblue

the stock 2.8 manifold is very restrictive,just swap in an m50 one to unlock the power

when was the facelift? 99?

bump

Best BMW