Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>News
gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

I want to __ the __________

I want to be the person who wants to be meowstress.

>drop a pitfall against a silverwind nargacuga
>Does nothing but spam ranged attacks until it leaves rage, promptly walks over the trap
Goddamn, what a monster.

tama-chan give me cummies now!!!!

anyone else here watch gaijinhunter?

I want to BE the Kirin slut!

>tfw tenderizer 5 and handicraft 5 OOO

I want to give you a loving home, and an education.

Someone post cool webms or gifs

Capcom and NoA put you in charge of meme translation for MH5.

What barely relevant memes do you put in NPC dialogue?

I go to every thread on Veeky Forums and pick the best meme from each thread

I'll make a mission called Here Come That Tetsu.

CLAIMING THIS THREAD IN THE NAME OF NIBEL

I'll ask this guy from /mhg/ who I played with for help

Is there a new kinsect guide? I'm just pumping into speed but idk if there are any better effects like the 2x duration from 4u.

>mission called Deviant Art
> Capture a deviant zamtrios
>the person who posted the quest is called Balloon Enthusiast
>He wants a live zamtrios as a subject for a drawing

hating on jojo huh?????

take this!!
*punches u with my sutando*
ABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJABAJ
*thrwoes u in the air*
Haiiieeeee...time to end this little game!!
*adjusts hat and prepares for finale attack*
TODOMEDA~!!!

Why is it that people always complain about monsters and mechanics instead of adapting to them?

If the game creators tailor made MH the way you wanted it, it wouldn't be thier MH anymore.

Never once when playing did I ever day this is a trash monster. I said to myself, this is how the monster works and if I get rekt, I need to learn from it and adapt.

Having to account for attacks like instacharges the entire fight, and creating a system of risk-reward where some zones around the monster have longer, safer openings but expose less vulnerable hit zones, and some zones around the monster have shorter, more dangerous openings and expose their most vulnerable hit zones, makes the fight more interesting than a monster where every single attack has a visible windup and you are always safe no matter where you are or what hit zone you're after, because you can dodge every single attack by reaction.

It "drags out the fight" that monsters move around and attack, too. Would the game be better off if every monster was permanently under the effects of a Flash Bomb? Or would it have to be a permanent Pitfall Trap to really stop things from being dragged out?

I know what good design and balance looks like.
Capcom doesn't.

I know better than the devs.

Fuck off to the old thread, you just had this argument. Every fucking thread has this argument.

> he posted it again

Because a lot of monsters are genuine bullshit that change the rules in their favor when it suits them. I've seen some monsters literally speed up or slow down their animation to intentionally fuck me over and had a friend watch it with me to confirm that theory.

t. dsp

blacklist obviously
or "fun"

>Reposting from last thread despite everyone destroying your bait.

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, deep adult kys!

is this digimon

>Responding to copypasta

Newfags

we were all 12 once

luckily i deleted all those old forum accounts

Could be any weeb really.
You wouldn't belief the amount of random retards I catch with anime shoutouts for their hunter arts.

And I swear "notice me senpai" must be the hottest shit on reddit or something because it's by far the most edited in shout for mounting after the default ones.

He said cool, not shit webms of non-mh games
please do not insult digimon like this

have another one

It literally happens though, the game input reads like street fighter. I can adept yes, but there is no denying how blatantly bullshit it is at times

Definitely Jojo references.

And Twitch emotes used in conversation.

>tfw you will never train brachy to become the next rocky balboa

why live

RULES
OF
NATURE

I need a crapton of cash. What's the quickest way to get it without pulling my hair out from boredom?

Give me your weapon ideas.

>whips
>main gimmick is controlling small monsters
>medium range melee but requires gunner armor

WHY do people even have shoutouts for arts?

The following are a given:
putting down a trap
getting pinned
mounting

and I guess it's okay to have a "thanks" for when you get healed, I personally don't but I don't mind

but why would people want shoutouts for arts? it doesn't affect anyone else, no one cares

>getting pinned
why would you have a shoutout for this

>No one does GOTCHA BITCH even if using GS
They don't even know MH memes.

maybe this is more to your taste

>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Easy damage opportunity for everyone else

*appears behind u*
heh.. the one who stopped time.. WAS ME, DIO
*throws a thousand knives at u*
hinjaku hinjaku..

>Digimon

First Pokemon shitposts, now this.

Chameleos buff when?

Like two years ago

I don't really know if this is bait, but are you perhaps talking about the way hyper monsters attack?

tama = renamon
:3

literally nothing wrong with both, stay mad

Pasta.

They don't care about you caring or something either, they have wide sparkly eyes while their Hunter does something flashy and shouting out their favourite anime moves.

I especially love it when it makes zero sense because they let go of maining a weapon some time ago but still have the same shitty shoutouts for everything they do.

i think plesioth has two different hipchecks

i'm blanking on the rest, there are more

After maxing speed what should I feed my kinsect? Should I bother with any element stuff or just try to up the weight and power?

Something about that an eccentric wealthy man who wants Kirin parts to live out a fantasy as a harlot

Reminder that aerial style vault sweet spot let's you avoid everything and anything

Where the hub rooms at?

Element is completely separated from the others stats now, you're free to actually use it now.

hr 4-7 turns room aka do my narkos urgent with me
32-7835-6588-1093

Well, we beat Nakarkos and then everyone left. Thanks fags for the assists. Xevar and Camillia, you did fine work with this GS fuccboi

In g rank.

stamina i think you have more than enough at 1, when your triple is blinking you can send your kinsect out and it will last until well after your gauge is empty again

power can get you a flinch and actually makes for a pretty strong hit with extract hunter

ambrosias are like a nice bonus, just stack what your weapon has, you can even reset it

Nibblesnarf weapons are the coolest looking. Prove me wrong.

Prowlers

I like their names

nah

i especially like how cats hold them backwards

Snarf everything is best

I only have 150 hours

For every hour of coal hearted you do you should be allowed to cheat in 1 god charm of your choice

Ask your mom for permission then, I'm sure she'll let her precious little hunter get his well deserved god charm,

Jesus Christ just edit your shit and fuck off, no one cares.

Or you could just cheat it in anyway and stop giving a shit about what people think of you for doing it.

Jesus christ, the grind isn't for everyone, what are you scared someone's gonna call you out for it?

Is there a trick to farming charms? I have done so many coal runs and I have never ever seen a decent atk charm. There are certain abilities that I see repeatedly and some I never see.

Reload your character to switch charm tables.

attack past a certain charm rank comes as a secondary stat, so it's less likely to come up

>Standing under the tail
>Uses bite attack
>I take full damage and fall on my ass

WOW I SURE AM A SHITTER FOR STANDING IN THE DANGER ZONE FOR THAT ATTACK, FLAWLESS DESIGN THOUGH, CAPCOM CAN DO NO WRONG, IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE FOR THE HURTBOX TO EXTEND THERE

Stop playing FU, grandpa.

I can't prove your opinion wrong. But I can say that Nakarkos weapons have the best designs based on a new monster. Tama is a very close second.

Deal w/ it, nerd.

I'm all for bitching about bad hitboxes, but the bite attack has a huge windup and is easily avoided. Don't stand inside of them. That attack is designed for just that reason.

I don't know how you'd fix it, though. Maybe have the monster actually lunge with their entire body, so at least the hitbox is represented accurately.

>you know the tail is the danger zone
>you stand in it anyways
>wow capcom fuck you why do I have to be so retarded

Which nakarkos weapons? The bone ones or the star ones?

there is a 2x duration bug you get through the balance tree
but ultimate speed bug nets you a goddamn 30% increase in affinity and has a 2x duration on red/white, which is all you need anyways

It's not that bad. Narga's bite is almost the same thing. Glaveanus also has a bad box on his bite.

Gotta deal with the bullshit the game throws at you.

>Shitty hitboxes that don't match the attack animation are somehow justified
Might as well replace all monster designs with spiked spheres at that rate.

Both, honestly, though the former lack any real utility. I love the latter, though, because I can't stand Vaik Faulds, and it's fucking hard fitting Razor Sharp on every little goddamn thing. I also haven't been graced by a +5 OOO yet.

>Don't stand inside of them. That attack is designed for just that reason.
Just give them a body slam or something, then.

What if I get blacklisted

I usually solo hunter as I have limited online availabilities

I got to HR6 recently and am hunting shit but it usually takes around 20 mins (no cart but tons of pots and supplies used)

I see the hypers are open now. With 400 defense, how fucked am I if I try soloing them?

snarfs armors and weapon are all pretty tacticool
but also all kinda shit
I have to wonder why all his stuff is military themed

Gobul is better than most of the MHX Flagships so I'm okay with this

Then some lonely autists in a discord chat will probably refuse to play with you.

Meanwhile you get to enjoy the rest of the game, and the rest of the thread.

Because
>snarf

i think someone said this, but if he lunged more during the attack instead of just sitting there it'd make more sense. Dunno why they didn't do that.

you probably want to get def up to 500-600 level for quality of life

It's doable, but if you're a blademaster you'll be taking insane chip damage

Charge blade hunter arts are shit.

SHIT.

They better fucking come up with new ones, energy blade is the only passable one since it's flashy. Fuck healing and fuck more phials. I don't need more phials. How about an art that makes the follow up shield attack actually use up phials and give it a crag shot effect?

I don't even have a problem with the hitboxes themselves, I just wish the animation would match the reach. It shouldn't be that difficult to give Tigrex some kind of bellyflop that has the exact same animation length. I know the hitbox is fucked but since MH is not the only video game I play, my brain goes "oh he's going to bite, logic dictates this will only deal damage in front of him", which is a normal assumption when your brain goes on autopilot.