/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Plailect's new guide, freeShop 2.0 and DS games running from SD out SOON™
-Freeshop 2.0 out now github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.
-Tokyo Xanadu released as the first fully playable decrypted vpk backup.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/xyzz/vita-moonlight/releases/tag/vita-alpha3
moonlight-stream.com/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4z16zl/new_release_nitro_stream_ntr_screen_streaming/
pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-roms-without-flashcard.438728/#post-6619311
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Flashcart-less DS games NEVER EVER

second for moths

soon

Reddit brought me here. I'm a faggot.

-Yifan Lu

Style Savvy Fashion Forward CIA when?

>reddit
You have to go back.

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

CORPSE PARTY CIA WHEN?!?!?!??

October
i preordered it so I might dump it if I get it in time

>freeshop 2.0 releases
>crashing left and right

Fucking hell, this is PastaCFW levels of shit coding.

Trying to update Wii U but it's failing to connect even after resetting my DNS. Is it down or something? Did I miss my chance?

Oh nm it's working now

wait, corpse party won't be released the 30th August ? Fuck this

@152602656
GET OUT

i didn't really own that many DS games back when it came out. i'm more excited for possible ds game on sd card than i am for what's left of the 3ds library

that and vita backups.

Cool story bro

>I'm a faggot
What did he mean by this?

I was looking forward to this, but a friend gave me an r4 he doesn't use anymore and since it's the r4 sdhc dual core one it isn't blocked at all by the 3ds.

It's also a good lid to prevent dust from entering my 3ds.

I recommend the layton games. They're a good time killer and the professor is a likeable character.

>use freeshop 2.0
>havent had a bug

when

@152603713(you)

5 hours duh

So, in the wii u pastebin, the guide for smash 4 mods has a link to download what is called the "strange file." The link is down though, so where can I find the file that was there, or aanother guide for smash 4 mods?

Here deredere side was amazing on part 3.

Post results if you manage to uncensor it.

Plailect is waiting for d0k3 to update Decrypt9WIP and Hourglass9 along with doing some final testing before releasing the new guide. I've been waiting a couple days already but maybe I'll just start with the current guide because I am not very patient

Since I've already gone through the 3DS games catalogue, what games should I give a try for emulation?

How good is ps1 emulation to play something like final fantasy tactics?

Moonlight alpha 3
Use front touchscreen for mouse movements and actions:
>left click - one finger tap
>right click - two finger tap
>pointer move - one finger swipe
>scroll - two finger swipe
Use back touchscreen for L2/R2/L3/R3. The zone mappings are:
>L2(LT): left-top
>R2(RT): right-top
>L3(LS CLK): left-botton
>R3(RS CLK): right-bottom

github.com/xyzz/vita-moonlight/releases/tag/vita-alpha3

>reddit

The hacking subreddits are actually pretty good. The guide we all follow for 3ds hacking was done by a plebbitor.

what's this?

stream/control pc games from the comfort of your vita

Its a Vita port of Moonlight, the PC Game Streaming thing.

moonlight-stream.com/

Also a progress update on RA from gbatemp

frangarcj is making a lot of progress with hardware accelerated menu drivers, as can be seen in the screenshot.

Nightly-related news:
> A committer called xperia64 pushed a patch which might fix the Super Mario RPG levelup lockup problems with Snes9x 2005.
> Another committer NunaticAlumina sent a patch which should make VBA Next threaded rendering a bit faster.

Some other stuff which is not yet meant for Vita but might be in the future -
> We are working on an EasyRPG libretro core. This could later also appear in RetroArch Vita. It's not yet a priority for Vita though.

Wish this ran on an AMD card so I could play I am Setsuna on my vita

Holy fuck, this is just getting better and better.

Anybody happen to know whether you can use it over the internet, or is it local only?

no idea, i've got a 390x

REEEEEEEEEEEE MAKE IT AMD

Fuck AMD.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

October 4th famalam
I want muh spoops

I kinda want to get another 3ds just to mess around with.

For you anons that have 2+ 3dses, what do you use the second ones for?

So the WiiU IOSU thing has been confirmed a hoax, I hope not too many of you guys updated

just a9lh again, process was more fun than any of the games i played

>Using Freeshop
>Over FBI+QR codes
>or CIAngel

Why?

lol
post source faggot

people just like the UI better, freeshop 2.0 is alot better now just has shit ton of bugs

Will there ever be an easier method of taking screenshots? Its all i use NTR for and even then the hotkeys are not ideal at all. Would be great if you could use the extra buttons on N3DS for example.

Is that something thats possible, maybe by the Luma team?

>using freeshop/ciangel
>over downloading on pc and installing

source code was never released and there is no "team"

I'm late to the party, but I'm here for the panties.

>FBI+QR codes

ReiNand actually had that feature at some point.

streaming for n3ds back on?
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4z16zl/new_release_nitro_stream_ntr_screen_streaming/

You gotta problem with QR codes?

What does FBI and CIAngel do better. I havent had any problems with freeshop but I havent tried anything else.

Samurai Jack

>removing your sd card

can you hack vita tv?

Gaining access to the SD in NTR mode =/= loading games off the SD card

This is the equivalent as a DSi enhanced game letting you save a screenshot to the SD card. DS games look for the ROM files in Slot-1. Unless they plan on RE Wood's firmware so that it can load off the SD card (converting it into a .cia, basically) this means nothing.

tl;dr - Don't get your hopes up. There's a reason top devs avoided this challenge.

Is there a native N64 Emulator for Vita yet?

yes, it works pretty much the same as a vita in that regard

I thought the tranny and tux guy were working on luma together. Idk who cares really.

>waiting hours for games to download
>can't play at the same time

>Not customizing your backplate for easy access
Do you even DIY?

in progress, skogaby is porting mupen64+

>DS games running from SD out SOON™

>RE Wood's firmware so that it can load off the SD card
I worded this badly. I mean

>RE Wood's firmware so that it can load off the SD card IN THE 3DS (not the SD card in the flashcart)

this

>tfw DS emulation on vita SOON™

it's not like you're playing all day
I spent my first day after hacking it just getting a bunch of titles off CIAngel, only 30-60 minutes per game

Source?

ugly af tbqf

The real hurdle is that arm7 is what handles DS games, while arm11 handles pretty much everything else.

Reading and playing DS games will 100% be possible, the games will just run at a fucking CRAWL until they figure out a way to bypass arm7 intructions, which may never happen.

I've got 150Mbps but the 3ds is still painfully slow and downloads one game at a time I can't bear to wait

Ciangel is just faster to use and browse, you can install the game straight from cdn or you can make a cia , and it has had dlc and updates for ages.

That said i just use it for smaller titles/VC. For bigger games i still just download through PC.

this is just a hecking GUI

So a few months ago I saw a lot of threads on /v/ saying that I should hack my 3ds and figured I'd do it. I was using this guide:

pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
(3DS HACKING: YOU MUST BE LITERALLY RETARDED EDITION, last updated JAN 20)

I managed to install the first exploit thingy, then I lost my charger and couldn't finish.

With that said, is that guide still current, or do I have to undo anything?

Am I able to play non American Wii U games via homebrew on my WiiU? I want to play the Japanese version of fatal frame.

We have Wood's source you know, it just needs to redirect slot1 reads to the sd card instead of the sd card in a flashcard. That's the only thing that needs to be done.

old and outdated as fuck use the guide in the OP, that retard guide still uses the first build of sysupdater which is risky as fuck

It is confirmed to be a bit buggy in some areas but mostly It works

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-roms-without-flashcard.438728/#post-6619311
> So yes there's a good chance we'll get DS games running from SD now.

it says so in the OP.

also

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/

>installing
>barely any faster than these

Unless you're using a Gateway you're a retard. And if you do use a Gateway you're a bigger retard.

ye

For freeshop I need the encTitleKeys and not thee decTitlekeys right? Is there any difference between them?

Badass. Time to download the non shit version of SMT VS. Learning Nihongo was totally worth it for this.

Looks disgusting. I could make a litte door thing for that.

if you plan on using that piece of shit guide then you must be actually retard

FBI is 100% necessary for certain games, since not all are up on 3ds.titlekeys yet. So for shit like Inazuma Eleven or Tales of the Abyss, you'll need to download the .cia from somewhere like 3dsiso, and use FBI to install it. FBI is slower than either CIAngel or Freeshop though, so only use it when necessary.

CIAngel downloads the titlekeys automatically with no extra work, it's search function is quicker but significantly less robust than Freeshop's, and overall it has slightly better performance than Freeshop. CIAngel is and has always been less prone to bugs and crashes, just on account of it not having nearly as many features as Freeshop. That said, it's GUI sucks, you can't exactly browse or sort through results, and it's queue function is just as broken as Freeshops (after ~3gb or 20 mins in queue it becomes significantly likely that it will break).

Basically, use Freeshop if you're browsing for new games to play, use CIAngel if you know EXACTLY what you want to download, and use FBI when you need to get it from somewhere else.

>that entire series

encTitleKeys, decrypted titlekeys are useless.

And latest freeShop can download straight from the site, just click the QR button next to the the encTitlekeys download button and scan from the freeShop settings menu.

EasyRPG has a port for the vita that works just fine. Still it's pretty cool they're adding a core to retroarch, can't wait to play it on my PS3 (hopefully)

Alright so I'm in the github part one, seems pretty similar to what I had already done in the outdated tutorial, do I need to update that or just keep going from there?

My vote for next OP is some akai mato

We've just had actual DS homebrew loading via SD card.

Expect ROMS of actual games to work within the next month.

need to redownload the starter kit and start over and download stuff you already have they have been updated since then

HELP

If I download this new MHGen DLC (competitive pack) does it counts as getting into the eShop?

Will my DLC and themes get deleted?

I just wanted to know if, since I had already started that guide, I had to finish and then update.

Seems the first step (Scanning a QR code to install a thing) is the same, is that correct or am I still retarded?