Engine Swap

I have a carbureted 90's tercel with an oil leak. I'm going to put in a 5efhte at the end of summer but I'm stuck for now. I can put a 5efe in this moment but my car isn't fuel injected. Is it worth it to do a small engine rebuild on the stock 3e or should I convert it to EFI and get the 5efe swapped in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PNnuL0XCq-8
diyautotune.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Efi swap will require wiring harnesses front to back

the Efi is the biggest pain with all of this

can you do a 5s-fe? or are you AWD? coming from a celica enthusiast so I can't really relate to the older tercels in a knowledgeable sense without some help

Only reason I ask is I have a gt 6 gen that has it and it has very nice boostable power right under the 3s-gte

90s tercels were carburated?!?!

holy fuck toyota i thought you were better than that!

3s in a tercel is actually totally doable with some work. youtube some vids

not at all saying I recommend that though

that's like turning a Tercel into a junky GT-four

eh lots of 90s fords and chevys were carbed actually most of the early 90s were. but people still circle-jerk over them constantly as some of the best trucks

but fuck all that I have a toyota 4x4 that doesnt have that shit and its a 92 with 190k miles and can run straight up a tree while towing a tank

it's a fwd, that engine sounds like a beast
im going to check it out a little, it sounds like they've put it in a lot of paseos with some work so there should be a lot of info on it

I'm going out to the apple grower country side to do this and I had people offering to help with a 22re and rwd conversion so this should be no problem

Oh gosh then you'd love it. The 5s-fe is small and very powerful. Should drop right in. Very happy toyodaying!

would you recommend the 5s-fe or the 3s-gte?

>Should drop right in.
The Toyota E engine and Toyota S engine are completely unrelated. Drop right in my ass.

Do some research first faggot.

absolutely the 5s-fe, the 3s-gte will require drive-train changes, lots of costly parts , etc. it IS a possibility but that is only if you were wanting to make it into a dragster

5s-fe will give you plenty of power, pop right in, and have no problems. extremely easy to work on and I have one with 198k mi on it that proves its trustyworthyness

we have dropped 3s-gte into celica 6th gen and tercels. where have you been the last 10 years exactly?

hell if you google it theres some fucker that put one in his camry.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNnuL0XCq-8

maybe do your research first faggot ive owned a celica 5th gen and 6th gen since 1993

bought my '94 6th launch, 1 owner it has 39k mi

Yodas are made interchangeable

theres a Japanese import shop by here that sells 5s-fe's
have you ever done a carb to efi conversion man?
I've been researching this a ton and I'm looking into books about it. there's not too much info on it besides this one guy I know from south America who put a 4efte into the same car I have

A Celica and a Tercel are not the same. an S engine will drop into a Celica since they came with them. Dropping an S engine into a Tercel requires new mounts since they never came with an S engine.

Found the retards who don't do any research.

OP, the best performance option available to you without CUSTOM MOUNTS (like the fucking S engines you retards mentioned) is the 3E-FTE, used in Toyota Starlet GT Turbo's. Drops right in.

Sorry. i misspoke. 4E-FTE.

yeah ive been looking at the one a ton, I found one with a manual transmission but no ece and everything else so I was going to make a hybrid 5efthe

can you use other ecu's for it?

>can you use other ecu's for it?
diyautotune.com/

>diyautotune.com/
damn nice, some of this stuff probably sounds like common sense but I've been researching every part of this solo
that actually helped me out a lot thanks man

I saw a recent issue of GrassRoots Motorsports magazine (Just checked. December 2015 issue) when they used an ECU system from DIYAutotune to run a 2JZ-GTE swapped Nissan 240SX land speed record car that went over 200 MPH/

Better be worth that money lol
So besides the harness and ecu can i get by with just the enging and tranny/gearbox

You need a computer of some sort to run it.

I have a laptop

not gonna work.

what do I need?
I could take it to someplace to tune it

These cars are unbelievably shitty and I say that having owned one.

Why do you like this platform? It has terrible suspension, you can't get good tires to fit the tiny wheels, it makes no torque.

Idgi.

If you actually want to swap a 5EFE in you'll need:

- Machine shop for custom mounts
- 5EFE gauge cluster, trans, wiring harness, ECU, engine, custom coolant hoses

Is your time worth nothing to you?

Have you ever driven one?
Theyre incredibly fun and lightweight
Im putting in new suspensions so that's
The current dash didnt have a tach