Fell for the Hondas last forever meme

>Fell for the Hondas last forever meme
>Bought a Honda for a daily driver
>Fixed engine
>Fixed alternator
>Fixed power steering
>Water pump leak
>Car value is under 2k now

no car lasts forever, Hondas can just run for a long time if they aren't thrashed or modded.

Just bought one too, except I can tell when a car is about to go to shit mechanically. I've run it hard with no problems, but less that 1k miles still so I'll see. Has 181k on it right now

if the cars value is under 2k, expect shit to break. that should be common sense

You bought one from a retarded owner. Hondas are reliable as long as you take car of it
>"b-b-but the same could be said about any car"
Not really

>tfw considering 1988 toyota corolla for 1800
>afraid of it turning into OP problem

Any car being sold for that low will come with plenty of problems, unless it's an extremely unpopular car

And yet people talk about buying a shitbox for 800 with no problems... I don't think its fair to say that user

Yeah if they bought an $800 shitbox they probably had to wrench it before it got back in good shape. Also from what I understand it's easier to find a good used shitbox in bongland

So what I should give up? This is the only fucking car I'm into and I need to quit because the price is too low? Fuck this. FUck this awful market and fuck this country.

sounds like if you saved all the cash from buying and fixing the fucked honda you could've had yourself a decent running toyota

im dead

IM DEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAD

kek

Do I have any chance?

>1988 Corolla
>1800
What, pesos? That's a rediculous price.

>first its too low
>now its too high
It's the only thing I want user. I love this car.

Check it out in person and get the VIN to the vincheck thread before you lament over price

i already have the vin and checked it

lol, no they don't you stupid fucking weeb
this isn't 1997

>fell for the Hondas last forever meme
>not a single thing wrong with it since I bought it

how about no torque lmao

>buy 88 corolla for $300
>runs great
>drive the piss outta it for years to come.
Pic related

what if i get fucked like OP? I'm terrified!

>fell for the Hondas last forever meme
>bought a 95 accord as first car 10 years ago @120k mi
>@200k mi now and it's still running
>told myself I would buy a new car if it dies but it won't

Bought my 95 rolla for 2000 last may with 130k and already put 50,000 miles on her only having to change an alternator about 20k ago dont buy from kids, dont buy from people who dont even have a clean living area, buy from people in nice neighborhoods or better yet, learn what to fucking look for when buying used.

Pic also related

all cars from the early 90s are reliable.
less shit to go wrong. as long as the engine tolerances and QC are good they will last multiple 100k miles.

all bets are off for anything made post 2005.

>I bought a total shit box because I'm ignorant and don't know what I'm looking at
>IT'S THE MANUFACTURERS FAULT I GOT SWINDLED OUT MY MCDONALD'S EARNINGS

If i did that then I would never ever buy a car

>all bets are off for anything made post 2005.

You mean it is like the companies didn't like how the 90's cars lasted forever in the 2000's, so they decided to make cars that were no longer so overbuilt that they would last more than 10 years without feeding their dealer chain a lot of service money (profit).

>planned obsolescence
Take off that tinfoil hat. There's never been any substantial evidence to indicate this.

Hahaha GM exists for this very reason son

no i just mean they are more technologically advanced with more '''''features''''' so theres more shit to go wrong. plus with emissions and mpg requirements and a generally sluggish economy, you've got tiny little engines working hard pushing around pigfat safety bubble cars.

a detuned n/a 2 liter with a simple ecu system, standard manual, and no comfort features is just going to naturally be more "reliable" than a 1.2 liter turbo with high compression for efficiency and some technowizard dct and a bunch of creature comforts.

i dont think there's much difference, but if I was looking for a car to last as many miles as possible it would probably be before 2010.

GM is unplanned obsolescence.

GM exists because it's the largest health care provider in the US. Fucking unions! It was suppose to be a car company.

One thing about buying a used vehicle: "OK bud, you've got a mint vehicle, and you just want me to take it off of your hands for cheap then, hey?"

>cant decide between ae92 or first gen mx6 gt
>ill end up like OP anyway
>im screwed

Ae92

Why?
It's slightly older , I'm scared of being like OP. That guy said 1800 is way too cheap.

Is it 4age?

Yeah

lel

get the corolla, rip everything apart and make sure everything works. get ready to buy a part car for it.

i'm currently doing this with my DD rally car project. crashed a 800$ lancer wagon few months ago when the brakes failed. most fun car i have tried, beating my 2007 Charger so i'm swapping the wagon 4wd and 1.6L powerhouse to this lancer that had 1.3 femwheel drive. how do i make it look more rally? i was thinking about a huge LED bar on the roof and cutting the wagon "roof rack" so it fits the sedan then plant a wheel on the top.
sorry for bad pics. i fucked my phone lens recently

My 1988 Accord still runs like a champ with almost 300k miles. I bought it in 2011. 3rd owner. Had 167k when I bought it. Replaced alternator and water pump. Other than typical maintenance, it's been cheap to maintain.

Toyotas are good buys too. You're just a retarded faggot expecting your Civic to be worth $6K because you put a sound system and plasti dip on it type of faggot.

>bought a Honda
>tracked it nearly 10 times
>drove it almost 40,000kms since I bought it
>had to replace clutch master,
clutch slave and a rear brake caliper

FUCK YOU

The MX6 GT is a SOHC turbo hunk of garbage that's heavier than a Prelude
The AE92 is a fucking DOHC light great machine

everyone saying cars under 2k are trouble. must be different from where i live, every car ive ever had was under 500 bucks, and ive always got atleast 2 years out of them, my current beater, an 03 rio, was 300 bucks, threw in 3 new wheel bearings, and a transmission coolant line, passed saftety and etest,

most expensive car i had was an 01 accord, paid 1200, put 150000kms onto it without a single part aside from oil and filters, and i beat the ever living piss out of it, every day, scrapped it at 330k

Thrashed 2013 civic here, worth about 4 k now :( the only mechanical issues are half of my alternator belt sheared off and squeaky springs. 60000 mi, never took in, changed oil maybe 3 times

but I'm just a kid!

This is so fucked!

aw FUCK man aw FUCK

It's okay I don't ever tow anything

Fuck me baby

Kek
> tfw best thing about fwd is that it unbolts easily
they're also really fun to handbrake drift during winter

That's the best time to learn. Mow some lawns and buy the car