/blaz/ - Blazblue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction out in Japanese arcades with Hibiki, Nine, Naoto, and Izanami playable.
- Console release will be in October 6th in Japan and in winter in the US/EU with Es and Mai playable.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/421610
store.steampowered.com/app/438940
store.steampowered.com/app/388750
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/g3XuzXVj
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Steam/Skype Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/BlazBuru
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/CcR94DZE
- Blazblue Music
mega.nz/#!ERZFAZwJ!Os0KzK4EDU0kXl_f74sdkKO1gRlANjeHs5uGStIH0vg
mega.nz/#F!PQAmiDpY!yOAWI8ZfzJX99bLOR4r5XA
-DS3 Installation Information
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/master/README.md#installation-how-to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/53YbMEDEbSI?t=18m54s
youtube.com/watch?v=T7GP9hIzqYo&index=30&list=PL3ejxrAsjylwmN_mPQP6sPpfWVG1DLrY-
youtu.be/-5Ib10j4khQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cats.

I love this beautiful girl!

Oh shit nigger what are you doing

Good night, /blaz/! See you tomorrow!

Sleep well user.

Any idea when Mai's preview video will be out?

can't read moon capn

L

10th for Izzy!

Which Blazblue would make the best wife?

I literally hope you die of cancer within 1 year.

The best wife is the one that you love and loves you back, so for me it would be Celica.

It'll never be as hype as the others.

>Nine: Showed in very short glimpses at the very end of the first BBCF promotion video. The very very end where there's a single shot of her preparing to fight Ragna for less than a second was hype as fuck.
>Izanami: Dat video. Ragna saying that he'll defeat Izanami and Izanami responding "What manner of death do you desire, with such a longing look in your eyes?" And then she reveals her battle form.
>Es: Promotion video for the console version. Everyone thought the video was over, when SUDDENLY, ES.

You aren't even talking about the videos themselves other than Izanami's.

How do you guys do it /blaz/?

Why can't I get into Blazblue even though I love GG?

Why is it that everything about Blazblue feels so incredibly dull to me?

Point is, Mai's debut was a Famitsu page. That's just kind of lame compared to the others.

But she's not your wife, she married me already.

Because Mai is a fucking waste of a slot just like Celica and Hibiki!

Because blazblue is shit unless you want to jack off to the girls

I don't even like Blazblue as much as Guilty Gear anymore. None of the cast is as fun as Ax or Sinl. But I'm still gonna play because I've been playing since the beginning and I wanna play with Blazblue general. It helps to pick an easy character that's strong. I'm debating on Tsubaki or one of the new characters. I hope Mai plays like Sin.

I like blazblue more than guilty gear. It's okay if you disagree though.

Not enough Bara men?

From the description we've been given it sounds like she plays like Noel

WHY THE FUCK ARE MY POSTS NOT GETTING POSTED!?

I've pretty much locked down on Ragna since he's the only character I honestly like idk why but I genuinely dislike 90% of Blazblue's cast because of how cliche they feel and yet I've just never been motivated enough to learn how to do anything else other than spam Gauntlet Hades and Blood Scythe.

OH NOW IT FUCKING WORKS GOD DAMNIT!

The next poster in this thread is forced to have sex with Noel (at gunpoint)

BBCF debut characters from order of most to least hype:

>1. Nine: MOTHERFUCKING GRAND MAGISTER NINE OF THE SIX HEROES, MEMBER OF THE TEN SAGES, CREATOR OF ARS MAGUS, CREATOR OF THE NOX NYCTORES, BOMBASTIC MOTHERFUCKING TITTIES. FUCK. YES.
>2. Izanami: FORMER IMPERATOR OF THE NOL, GOD OF DEATH, RAGNA'S SISTER, PRACTICALLY ENDED THE WORLD IN THE LAST GAME.
>3. Es: Former inheritor of the Embryo, Guardian of the Gate, seems to hold some answers to the mysteries of the story. Nowhere near as hype as the other two, but her plot ticket's big enough for there to be some intrigue in her role.
>4. Naoto: He's a "normal high school boy" who was "born into a great lineage" who possesses a "magic eye". He "meets a girl (vampire)" who "completely changes his life" and "grants him (more) special powers". It's hard to imagine a light novel story that's MORE generic than Shakugan no Shana's, but there you go.
>5. Mai: Some dude who became a girl and had wacky school adventures and fused with a Grimoire. It's Kampfer only somehow even less interesting.
>6. Hibiki: It's Kagura's attendant. Okay.

I can definitely see Noel doing this, since it's the only way she's gonna lose her virginity (especially to Ragna).

But I guess is the unlucky guy huh

>1: Hibiki
>2: Naoto
>3: Izanami
The rest are shit and I honestly don't understand how anyone could possibly be hype for Nine after CP revealed what an insufferable cunt she is.

Nice

Just imagine how hype Hibiki would be if she was a girl. And an Okinawan, with big titties and a tan and a cute fang.

>Read phase shift
>See there are people that actually like Nine

Why Hibiki over Izanami?

I did it on who I care about
Izanami > Naoto > Nine = Hibiki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Es >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mai

Because she's been heavily ingrained in the story for years and her presence has been constantly teased and alluded to ever since BBCS? We knew from the start that her entry would be a major game changer.

Anyway, since posting seems to work again, I'll try asking one more time: would it be a good idea to swap out my Venom's buttons with the buttons of a Hori Tekken 6 stick?
The Tekken 6 stick doesn't work due to a missing part, but the buttons and joystick should still work just fine.

Nobody cares what you think, fan fiction turd

Katou's the one who designed Makoto and Platinum, though.

I'm pretty excited for every character except Hibiki. Nine seems like she'll be annoying in the story, but at least gameplay-wise she's incredibly interesting. Kunzite is broken for now but the balance stuff is going to come eventually.

Izanami is probably one of my favorite characters so far, she looks insanely fun to play with. Besides, her dialogue in the Arcade Modes so far has been fun, and her VA gets stupidly into character.

Es was one of the few good things about XBlaze, and she has a sweet design. Looking forward to see more of what she can do, since I do enjoy more standard characters. Her jD is one of the best looking moves in the game.

Naoto I expected to be bad but he turned out more nice than I thought, his interactions with other characters haven't just been like Ragna. His gameplay that was thought to be mindless rushdown at first to add among the several of those that already exists, turned out to be technical with dash cancels and weirdass pressure.

Mai I liked in Remix Heart but didn't really want her in at first because another swordfighter despite liking her as a character, especially if she was going to be another schoolgirl. They redesigned her, gave her a more appropriate weapon, and the few things that we do know about her makes gameplay at least seems differentiated enough to be implemented well.

Hibiki looks boring as all hell on every single level though. Don't know what they could've done with him but nothing about him stands out as cool or interesting.

I'm just grateful Hibiki got to bless this earth with his theme

I don't like Izanami. Her design and playstyle don't appeal to me at all.

So? Being important isn't enough for people to like someone. There's usually something about a character you enjoy that makes you want to play as them.
Terumi's edge factor, Makoto's bubbly personality, Tager's serious attitude, Haku-Men's confidence, etc.
What has Nine got going for her? Tits? So does Makoto, Mai, Es, Bullet, Nu, Lambda, and Izayoi.
She just seems like an insufferable cunt to me. An important and powerful insufferable cunt, yes, but still a fucking cunt.

Venom's buttons are the worst thing about it, you can't really go wrong with swapping them with Hori parts.

>Nothing about Hibiki stands out or is cool
I Z U N A D R O P
Z
U
N
A

D
R
O
P

I found Naoto's interactions with other characters to be incredibly dull and repetitive. Everything he does is just the same things over and over like a broken record.

His gameplay is weird and kind of dumb. His Drive is shit, his Enhancer makes his execution pointlessly difficult in order to achieve what everyone else can do far more easily. I don't really understand what they were trying to achieve with him. A shittier Ragna that's harder to use with just slightly more health?

I honestly don't see what people find fun about him.

And I'm supposed to get hype for a personality-less servant who has zero relevance to anything?

I don't recall saying you should. That list was my personal preference and I put Hibiki on the top because his gameplay looks absolutely wonderful.

He has alot of freedom in his movement and I like how his pressure looks. Constantly feinting and shit like that to open people up feels like a really good gameplay style for a fistfighter, even if he does happen to shoot blood out of his arms. He's pretty weak now obviously so it's not super effective, but I have really high hopes for when they make the risk-reward in his moves better.

His feints are predictable as hell, though.

Not him but to me playing as someone who isn't regarded as being strong character wise always seems cooler
Its like how the protags of shonen shows aren't as cool because you KNOW the character is strong like who really cares if they dont have faults or drawbacks

There's no end of characters like that, though. If it's just that, then Bullet's fine.

Hibiki's dull. I'll admit his gameplay looks pretty cook but the character himself is boring.

I didn't know a thing about anime at all when I first got into Blazblue, so all the characters seemed very fresh and unique at the time. Now though, a lot of them are pretty boring, but a few have a slight twist to their archetypes that I enjoy.

I think the point of most everyone in Blazblue is to follow a specific role but to have something unique to set them apart from other characters of that archetype.

DIVINE

Shouting alone doesn't make a character good.

By that logic, Terumi should be amazing.

Are you implying he isn't?

>MESSENGA!

No one cares about bullets shes just fap bait

Well no. He's pretty bad, actually. Having no standing overhead is a pretty major weakness.

He has one in CF at least.

I don't give a shit about tiers and a lot of other people don't because a shit ton of people play Terumi

youtu.be/53YbMEDEbSI?t=18m54s
Why is jap terumi so great

Maybe, but always going "DIVINE" as if it's supposed to prove something is kind of weird and dumb as well.

He has insane combos and distortion drives though
youtube.com/watch?v=T7GP9hIzqYo&index=30&list=PL3ejxrAsjylwmN_mPQP6sPpfWVG1DLrY-

I only posted DIVINE because I didn't feel like typing out why I like him. Even if he didn't scream divine smasher he still looks fun

He's not really much more fun than Ragna.

You're judging him strictly by how he looks. Gameplaywise he has a very boring neutral game with boring normals and a boring moveset.

Ragna's pretty fun for me

My mistake I was talking about gameplaywise.

>he has a very boring neutral game with boring normals and a boring moveset.
100% opinion, you aren't excited for him but I am.

>Tfw no iM@S fighting game

Cute girl!

I wonder if Hyakuhachi ever feels despair knowing that her ship will never become real. Or perhaps she's living in delusion and still believes it will happen.

where

Mai is actually fairly popular. Sumeragi said in an interview that Remix Heart was originally meant to run for two volumes, but they decided to extend it by two additional ones. And they hadn't initially planned to include a Remix Heart section in CPE but chose to do so during the development of the game. Plus, they chose to have a limited edition phone strap of Mai alongside Noel and Celica when CPE was released and they added her as a system voice as well. And of course they chose to make a sequel to Remix Heart that once again starred Mai as well as including her in CF as a playable character. The Japanese Blazblue wikipedia page also says that there was fan demand for Mai's addition, particularly from Saori Hayami fans.

The fact you say you liked Kampfer more, which was a generic comedy battle harem with practically no plot, an awful and retarded cast of characters and one of the densest and most annoying harem MCs ever created shows that you are either blinded by hatred or has absolutely awful taste.

Wait, what? You can combo TK j214D without a CH? Why did nobody tell me? And why don't netplay Jins abuse it?

youtu.be/-5Ib10j4khQ

>Fairly popular
Compared to what? She's still lower on the ladder than every other female character.

And I have zero love for Kampfer. I hate Shakugan no Shana too, incidentally, so when I compared Bloodedge Experience and Remix Heart to them, I was being pretty derisive.

>Maifag criticizing other people's taste

>She's still lower on the ladder than every other female character
The only female characters who're guaranteed more popular than her is Rachel, Noel, and Nu.

What do you base that assessment of her popularity on? The fact that they chose to use the character in so many ways must be an indication that they thought there was a demand for her to be there.

And Nu, Lambda, Izanami, Nine, Tao, Bullet, Celica, hell, even Es.

Just accept that Remix Heart is mediocre

There was demand for Celica too. She's still lower in popularity than Tao. In fact, people had been asking about her through interviews and Twitter for years before Mori finally relented and gave her a battle doll.

This has been a thing for ages, mate.
It's probably Jin's best mix-up tool.

>Bullet
>Popular
alright you're just throwing names out at that point

>Jin's best mixup tool
What? It's incredibly slow in CPEX. Other than a surprise frame trap sort of thing it's useless.

I thought it's just in the corner or on CH. How did I not know something this important?

How fucking delusional are you? Taokaka isn't even that popular, fucking nobody gives a shit about Bullet, Es comes from XBlaze which was even less popular than Remix Heart, Lambda is practically forgotten at this point, and I have no idea what you're using to gauge the popularity of Nine when her primary presence was in the Phase novels.

The only ones you might be right about is Izanami and Celica, and even at that point Mai still has a likelyhood of being more popular than Celica. She's heavily featured in works and promo material despite not having become playable until now, and manga are far more accessible to people in Japan due to their low price. Remix Heart is pretty much their biggest secondary market period, and those will have gotten in through their preference for Mai.

That's being very, very generous.

Dude he asked YOU in what order are YOU hype for the new characters? Do you even play this game?

Take a look around Pixiv sometime. See who gets all the fanart. I guarantee you Bullet has far more than Mai.

If we look at fanart, Es and Izanami have considerably less than Mai. And the majority of the other characters have had much more time to accumulate fanart.

I'm not saying that Mai tops popularity charts, but the claim that she's the least popular female character is one I'd like to see proof of.

It's not that slow and sinci it's a TK move, he can dump it in his pressure at basically any point.
It's a lot better than his 6A and IAD shenanigans.

>ANOTHER argument about Mai

It's 23 frame startup, plus 4 frames of jump startup, which makes it 27 frames. That's not only incredibly slow, but also much worse than his 6A, with just as bad cancel options. It's only upside is that you can convert off 25 meter instead of 50. Sure, you can catch people sleeping with it, but that doesn't make it impressive at all.

Have you guys been practicing? Have most of you been playing recently? Central Fiction is right around the corner.

You know fucking nothing about fighting games and how mixup works, kill yourself.

I've been practicing, I think I've gotten a little but better.

By your logic, Izanami has also had less time to accumulate art.

Besides, it's only inevitable. Es' archetype is a big hit with Japanese retarded "moe" culture. She's bound to have more fans than Mai.

nice counter argument

I'm not that user, but 27f really is slow, especially offline.
You can block that on reaction without any bigger problems.

I practised last week, but I've been very busy lately ;_;

27 frames is not "incredibly" slow, it's just slow.
Whatever, relative term and all that.
He can cancel into from far more moves than he can 6A, (I think) it's better on block, it has better reach, it deals more damage, and it converts into more damage.