>Get scammed $890 last year over PayPal
>Dad has to help me out
>Feel like an idiot
>Get email yesterday, I won one of the cases
>Get $400
>Dad tells me to keep it, felt bad for me
>Want to buy $275-350 passes for music festival coming up
>But also want to make a smart investment to prove I'm not stupid

Veeky Forums, I have a checking account with $440. I have no expenses, but I don't want to blow it on a three-day pass if there's something I can do to grow that money. I'm starting a job soon I think, and I want to make smart choices with any capital I have. What is arguably the best investment I can make, here? If there's not really a good one, I'll just go for the tickets, but I'm trying to be conservative and wise.

try r9k

>pays $275-350 for a music festival

Do you even know where you are right now? Why would anyone pay that shit when you can live the pirate life?

Learn to think without emotions clouding your judgement.

That is the only way to be able to _be_ wise instead of relying on the wisdom of others, which your emotions will fight at every opportunity anyway.

Love your idealism. Really, it's so great. But you know what? It's unhelpful man. I'm bad with money and I want to get a third party to review my case and perhaps give me some investment advice. Is $440 worth investing in a fund, or should I..

..see my friends at a music festival. They all went off to college and I'm taking some gap years. I'd like to see them, but I also like money.

> I'd like to see them
Buy $50 worth of booze.
Invite them over.
There, you saved $300

Traffic makes this inconvenient. It's Austin City Limits, in Austin. The city that allows #atxtraffic to trend every other day on Twitter.

>Love your idealism. Really, it's so great.
I'm being pragmatic, not idealistic.

>But you know what? It's unhelpful man.
I don't consider spoonfeeding someone to be helpful to them in the long run.

>I'm bad with money
If you keep telling yourself that, of course that will always be the case. No one is born good, or bad, with money.

>I want to get a third party to review my case and perhaps give me some investment advice
Then expect to pay more than $400 for any advice worth their while to give.

Anyway, enjoy the festival, I know you will cave in.

Thanks, and you're useless. This isn't the fucking Bhagavad Gita.

lol i finally understand why some people are destined to stay poor
no drive, won't listen to good advice, always looking for answers from the outside

This sums up this shit fucking board nicely

Invest in stock my nigga

>Thanks, and you're useless.
I'm not the one that fell for a bunch of scams, got bailed out by family, then wants to blow recouped losses on a unnecessary leisure while my financial future is still unsecured, while asking for free expert advice on an anonymous image board and then ignoring advice that actually deals with my real underlying problem because it isn't the spoonfeeding my spoiled ass wants to hear.

Buy the tickets them scalp them for profit

>get here with the "scammers love this board" banner
>first thread I saw is that one

Maximum Kek.

Do you have any savings? If not, the best thing you can do is just save most or all of that money. Until you have a decent sized emergency cash fund, don't worry about investing in anything risky. Just keep it in your checking account or put it in a savings account. Getting in the habit of saving a portion of all of your income is a really good way to start accumulating wealth.

Do the following.Save the $400, don't go to the festival and try to find a job.

Rocket science for you, I know, but please persist and you'll live a fulfilled life.

Volunteer at the festival, it's what I do.

>doing it for free

>Has $400
>No job
>Considering spending it on a festival
This can't be real.

Keep it in the bank, this isn't even investing money yet. Save a $10,000 security fund, then save 20% of your house down payment plus 4-5k in closing costs, then once you've moved into your new home and handled any unexpected expenses you can save up $10,000 to start investing with. And that's not even counting the car change you'll need to do in the years it takes to save this up.

You're a years away from investing, a decade at least.

Thanks for this constructive advice. FYI I'm in line for a job, I've just yet to start it. As I said, I realize that $400 is basically nothing. My underlying problem is whether or not to spend this extra money before I start earning some. I'll make about $10,000 if things go well within the next three months.

You are forever poor because of your thought process. Imagine if Donald Trump thought it was "just" $400. Money is one precious resource in your arsenal to influence the world according to your values. John D. Rockefeller was a notorious penny pincher a became the richest man. Look how he spent his money: he became a philanthropist and invested well so anyone with his family name never has to worry about money.

>I'll make about $10,000 if things go well within the next three months.
That's $40,000 per yer if you land that job 3 more times in a row. You should be completely frugal until you've paid off all the beginning life expenses (emergency fund, student debt, housing, reliable car) and making at least $50,000, preferably $80,000.

The next decade will be much worse on the economy than we've seen in our lives, not better. You need to be prepared.

>I realize that $400 is basically nothing
Making a habit of saving amounts that are "basically nothing" will result in you amassing more substantial amounts over time. If you only have $400 to your name, spending it on a music festival is not a good idea. Thinking about the $10k you will make "if things go well" is counting your chickens before they hatch. You don't have $10k. You have $400. I'm sure SXSW would be a fun time, but if you blow that cash now, you'd be making the kind of financial decision that will keep you poor.

>SXSW
*Austin City Limits

trust your heart OP work hard and save a little bit of ur money and invest it and buy what u love and need and let the world economy take care of u and ur friends OP.....

Buy $100 dollars worth of booze and tell them to drink it all. No one wants to help you if you're going to be a little faggot about

>My daddy didn't make me pay him back
>Let me blow all of the money I lost on one thing

Your title was right, you are poor and stupid.

should you spend 75% of your net worth on festival tickets?

what do you think...

First let's frame this correctly

$ 400 to your name is a financial fucking emergency.

Translate this into time scales.

That is not even one months rent anywhere in the US.

Fuck hotels that is a cheap tent. a can opener and 299 cans chili and vegetables.

or maybe one month in a motel at one hot meal a day.

Less than 5 years of burn time is a financial fucking emergency.

You haven't even done baby step 1.

You don't know who you are or who you want to be.

Not being a stupid indigent poorfag is a good first desire.

The first and most consistent step to getting what you want is saying No to all the things you don't want.

U mad OP?

I bought mine for $225

>$400 is basically nothing
let me tell you, $10k a year is basically nothing. You have no money to your name, and most likely parents that won't help you too much, and you're concerned with going to a festival? If you don't learn the importance of money management now, then I'm afraid you're doomed, like the many millions out there that don't have a clue when to save instead of spend. Where I live, $400 can't even afford one week of rent. If I had $400, I'd put it aside for an emergency, and think of getting a job asap. Then save the money you earn like crazy and never look back, you'll thank yourself in 10/20 years. delayed gratification my friend...learn it

So you just wave a bracelet to get in? What is the validation method?

Just don't even post here. You don't have the personality for this if you can't resist buying music festival tickets. There is no advice for you.

what about travel out of state for half the price with an airplane. i mean concerts are fun and shit but you dont wanna get fucked up with your dads money youre going to feel anxiety at the concert.

Fucking loser, buy those tickets please so you dont ever get in my way

>Buy a flight to germany (if it's in your budget)
>go to a music festival there (size doesn't really matter, the bigger the better though)
>Collect returnable bottles and cans that lie around everywhere (25ct per bottle and can. You can easily collect a thousand cans a day, they're literally everywhere)
>ask people if they wanna give you their garbage deposit mark
>Fill plastic bags with all kinds of other garbage
>collect ten bucks per bag

Can easily make 1000 bucks a day that way. There are a lot of people on german festivals that go there to do nothing else but collect the garbage because it pays so much and they don't even see any bands and pay a hundred bucks entry.

That way you can do both collect money and go to festivals

>>Want to buy $275-350 passes for music festival coming up
Whenever you get the urge to buy stupid shit just remember that if you buy it, the jews win.

Man, this is probably the biggest moron I've ever seen post on Veeky Forums. Like how stupid you could be, financially?

Though festival season is over. You'll need to wait for next year for that

This guy summed it up.

Luckily natural selection will get you out of the gene pool asap.

Ignore these fat nerds.

Going to multi-day music festivals with friends are some of the best memories of my life.

A few hundred dollars is nothing. Live your life.

L i v e, y o u r, l i f e.

A

n

o

n

>Want to buy $275-350 passes for music festival coming up
>But also want to make a smart investment to prove I'm not stupid

You don't have enough to do both. Period.

A smart investment would be something like a skills course or a tool. Something that will help you in the future.
Or you could blow it all on the music festival (you will). Memories are priceless.

Depends on what you want.

buy ticket and drugs, sell at festival for profit.