/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Splatoon's Testfires will resume! If you don't have the game, you will be able to download the Splatoon demo and play from 3-5 PM PT on August 25-28! splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/148985670078/its-time-for-the-splatoon-summer-splatdown
- Starting in early September, ESL will team up with Nintendo to bring Splatoon tournaments throughout Europe for 6 months! Stay tuned for more details. mynintendonews.com/2016/08/17/europe-nintendo-and-esl-join-to-bring-online-tournaments-to-splatoon-fans/
- As of the newest update, you will now receive 1000 bonus points for winning a Turf War match, up from 300! In addition, after 30 wins, Judd will give you a Super Sea Snail if you talk to him!
- Watch the Squid Sisters' latest live performance at Japan Expo here! youtube.com/watch?v=rt5cnCywVrI
- The Squid Sisters' new album, Live in Makuhari, has been released! See the tracklist here: nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-live-in-makuhari-cd-full-tracklist/

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hnJnb
discord.gg/NJFq8QG
cdn.wikimg.net/splatoonwiki/images/6/67/Swim_Speed_Up_Chart.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friends with Octarians!

new thread after 750 posts
nice start

post fat octo butts and vulvas

Post fat Marie butts sitting on faces

p...please stop fat shaming

Fuck.

Man, Triggerfish is made for e-litres, but I can't into aiming enough to use one.

I'm very sad now.
I pre-ordered the game as soon as i could after seeing the first splatoon trailer. it was the best game ive played in a long time and i got very good at it. In the beginning i also played a bit with /ink/ but there were some issues which lead me to completely neglect this game. No one of my friends played splatoon (or had a wii u to begin with), after the holidays i only had the chance to play with /ink/ on weekends due to being a yurop (its day to you when its night to me) this eventually led me to getting worse and worse at the game causing me to stop playing with you guys because i dont want to drag down anyone and finally i had to give up completely because of school. I tried to get back into the gamerecently but its kinda over and it just feels wrong in general too. Which is why i wanted to thank you for the great time we had (oh man i just remember the birth of callimarie the sfm abomination of callie + marie in august 2015).
Good bye /ink/ let's hope for a splat2n or domething like that to bring us all back toghether

there is no shame in being thick

gg user
but next you shouldnt worry about dragging down anyone, just play the game for __fun__

Don't be sad user, you had the full run. See you next time.

i want to hug squibs

>copy pasta from weeks ago

Gotta pop out after this one squad, I'll be back in ten if you haven't found someone already though.

GGs

alright

thanks for joining

Makes you wonder how much of the content in this thread is really just copy-pasted memeing.

ALERT THIS IS NOT A JOKE

WE NEED 1 MORE FOR OUR SQUAD

miimii,tim and rainy

3/4 squad, add Sinantu

None of us are real, we're all just shadows cast on the cave wall by a troll.

-scarth

Full

gg

I want an Octoling to sit on my face with her fat butt.

Fuuuucking carbon rollers.

>destroyed three times in a row by the same team
>snap shotting elitre
>carbon on speed
>jr
>rg

Is this hell?

>people tryna squad
>octoshits get mad and octopost loudly
hilarious now i remember why i left

agreed, we should stop squading, fight the octofags and join the discord, leave /ink/ and let /nintyg/ do it's thing

God damn the H3 is difficult.

No thanks, Marie's perfect butt is all my face needs

>perfect
I'm going to need to see some proof.

>We should commit suicide
I'm on it senpai

any tips for using cherry H-3? just got it and it's a lot of fun to play with, any recommended abilities to use with it?

ejo vstrd

discord.gg/hnJnb

calliefan seems to have abandoned his server. maybe more activity will bring him back

>expired
thanks mate

Wut.

I think a lot of people like to use special charge up and/or tenacity. I also remember recent discussion recommending use of ink resistance. Other than that, I personally like a little bit of run speed and ink recovery when using it.

Why does this thread exist when discord exists

Why does Veeky Forums exist when discord exists

discord.gg/NJFq8QG

This is just what """playing the game""" feels like. It hurts to step out of the discord circlejerk and actually play the game, doesn't it.

anyone doing any regular/squad battles soon?

Are you schizophrenic or something?

Why are Octolings so perfect?

>expired
thanks mate

How do I make myself play as an Octoling?

i want to kiss and squeeze and massage callie's tentacles

what are you trying to say, friend

I want to publicly execute Callie and Marie for their crimes against Octolings.

You're probably banned. shame that calliefan didn't give me admin before he left

but I thought calliefan liked me ;_;

Is there any reason to use the sloshing machines over the sloshers, other than the different subs and specials? Or are the sloshing machines just shittier?

hnnnnng i want to fuck those squibs

If your name is Serenity and you're genderfluid use the sloshing machine otherwise use the sloshers

wew

calie will forever be /ink/'s second banana

thanks for waifushitposting, secondary.

As someone who has used all the buckets extensively, I love using the regular Sloshing Machine on Tower Control, or certain Splat Zones maps with two small zones (Port Mackerel, Moray Towers, and Flounder Heights.) Stack a bunch of Damage Up to make your splash damage turn lethal, and then round out your abilities with Ink Saver Main or Sub, Ink Recovery, Bomb Range, or Swim Speed. You'd be surprised how often people underestimate the Sloshing Machine's splash damage when you stack Damage Up, especially on TC. Its shots also capture small zones with ease, and Splat Bomb Rush is excellent for Splat Zones and TC (just be sure you can consistently lob your bombs onto the tower.) It's not for everyone; you really gotta practice with it. But most players don't know how to counter a good Sloshing Machine.

Don't use the SM Neo, though. It's garbage and you'll be much better off using the Soda Slosher if you want Inkzookas with your bucket.

No. Squid Sisters are retired and shit. Octolings are /ink/s eternal waifu.

this

>Annie will forever be the 4th banana

>but will always be my favorite one

Literally no one likes Annie.

Octolings are only good for being cummed on

true

That's still more useful than the useless Squid Sisters.

i want to pleasure a frumpy octos crotch

that't an odd woomy

patamon?

Sounds familiar. did they use to play for team paradise?

SM Neo is actually better imo because point sensors let you properly zone people off with the weapon since it's easily rushed down. Unlike the soda slosher, the SM Neo doesn't have to worry about ink management abilities sonce point sensors don't consume that much ink. Throw a point sensor when you see somebody or someplace where you think people are hiding before going in with the neo. That's the trick to using this weapon effectively.

Damage, Special Saver, and at least 1 main of run speed is a very solid build imo.

There are not many reasons to use it over the Forge SSP though.

You might prefer using a bucket over a shooter on a map that has a lot of slopes and different levels of elevation such as underpass and bluefin

You make an interesting point about the sensors. I guess I kinda wrote off the SM Neo without giving it much of a fair shake. I'm gonna try out the Neo again and keep your advice in mind, user.

crutch woomy
kill it

rude

doesn't look like a krak-on to me famalam

all rollers are crutches famalamadingdong

>crutch
you've let the meme consume you, m. night famalamadingdong

fuck off and die and fuck off crutch using famalamabingbangbongfartingmancow

Are Octolings accepted now?!?!?!?

I want to guillotine this octo

No you don't! You want to snuggle her and play with her breasts!

Octo can love me long time after I cut it up and boil it

Octolings are not for eating, Octolings are for hugs and friends and sex!

octolings in their finest, purest, and most requested form

No
Octo is nutritional and delicious when dead and cooked. Contains good fats, the kind which does not kill you, unlike live Octo, who tries to kill you and fails because Octos are shit soldiers.

Why do you share these blatant lies? It's not nice to bully people who only want to make friends and play in the sunshine and have loving sex with married squids.

good night /ink/

i love you

Dream of Octolings!

In regards to equips what should I be looking at? Two of the same thing? Three? Damage ups seem a bit pointless while defense ups seem like better choices, Ink Recovery seems like one of the best things, should I bother with Stealth swimming + swimming speed up for example? I mainly like to use the fully automatic stuff.

doesnt matter
games dead
move along

that's a mean response

yes ink recovery is the best one
if you like to use the fully automatic stuff it might be better for you to take the swimming buffs to reposition yourself faster

It's hard to give good advice when you only say that you use "the fully automatic stuff." What shooters, specifically? Or do you switch around often? The two most universally helpful abilities are probably Swim Speed Up and Special Saver, but different Shooter-type weapons specialize in different things and thus excel with different abilities.

So then is stealth + swimming up worth doing or does an upgrade of it not cancel out the slowdown?

I've been adoring the Splash-o-matic, Bomb Rush alone makes defending stuff so much easier. I was thinking of taking the Dual Squelcher but I feel like Echolocator isn't a good choice in comparison to Bomb Rush due to it not really helping get anything inked, and I loathe Inkzookas with a passion since they never seem to kill anything. Tried paintbrushes and rollers, they're way too malee and stealth oriented for my linking and I feel like they take forever to kill enemies unlike when they're used on me. Snipers I'm too unsteady on, and chainguns/bomb things are right out.

Since I'm coming in after the Splatfests are over I kinda have to deal with these seashells being really rare so I just want to make sure I'm doing things right.

It's good to have a plan.
If you like the Splash-o-Matic, Bomb Range Up is an obvious choice. Swim Speed, and to a lesser extent, Run Speed, are both good with a lightweight Shooter like the Splash-o-matic, because mobility is INKREDIBLY valuable in this game. Swim Speed should usually take precedence imo, but Run Speed is very good on maps with grated walkways (Kelp Dome, Hammerhead Bridge, Camp Triggerfish.)

Ink recovery and Sub Saver can both allow you to toss more Suction Bombs, and have more regular shots left after throwing one. Webm related shows you that it is possible to throw TWO Suction Bombs on one tank, but it requires a lot of Sub Saver. (The title says how much.)
As far as your questions about Ninja Squid (Stealth Swimming) this chart will show you how Swim Speed Up and Ninja Squid interact: cdn.wikimg.net/splatoonwiki/images/6/67/Swim_Speed_Up_Chart.png

Hope this helps.

For the Splash-O-Matic you'll be wanting Tenacity and Bomb Range. But stacking Swim and Running Speed works a treat too. It's a brutal weapon in the right hands.

But don't underestimate the Neo version either, the one with Burst Bombs and Inkzooka, it's better suited for player killing. A neat trick to try with Inkzooka is that you can swim around and fire immediately just by pulling the trigger. This is great for surprising and insta-killing enemies, as well as rinsing Chargers.

Do not try webm-related. Stacking Sub Saver to do what your Special already does is not worth it.

I want to mention I'm planning on sticking with the Squid Girl set, I've already thrown a fourth slot onto the shoes and body. I know Opening Gambit is pretty awful compared to the final one since matches are decided around the halfway-end point rather than the start, but I really like Ika Musume so I want to stick with it. Any recommendations when thinking about those equips?
Hat = Opening Gambit
Clothes = Damage Up
Shoes = Swim Speed Up

I was thinking something like Ink Recovery Up x 2 on the hat with a single Ink Saver, Clothes would get Defense Up x2 with a Running Speed, and shoes would get 2x Swim Speed with Stealth Swim. Does that sound good?

I also only play the unranked Turf War since I absolutely do not want to deal with the mess that is Ranked snipers as they already make me mad enough in regular play.