Entry-level jobs (Econ College Grad)

Hey guys. Pic related is my resume. I've been applying to jobs for 2 months now (just graduated) and haven't been able to secure anything.

I sort of screwed myself with my rental lease -- I'm stuck here for another year, so I have to find a job in my medium-sized city (Madison, WI). While it's not a huge deal, it limits the amount of jobs I can apply to per day.

Is it typical for things to be taking this long, or am I likely fucking it up in some way? My internship went well, I have good references (they offered my a job, but the company closed our section of business to focus on government contracts).

The Job titles I've been looking around for on Indeed are:

-Healthcare Analyst
-Business Analyst
-Business Intelligence Analyst

Any other titles I should be looking for? I've been applying to anything with asking for

I'm in a similar situation but no lease and about to graduate in may.
It's taken me a while to hear back from anybody. Keep on trucking man.

Why did you stop with the book business? Sounded like a good gig desu senpai

Couldn't scale very well. The $3,000/month was revenue per month, not profit. My actual margin means that my take-home was only $1.5-$2,000 per month, which isn't great.

Put me through college though, which was cool.

So you're trying to get hired at Epic?

They don't have any postings that fit my current skillset. I check there every once and awhile, I might just throw an application their way so they can let me know if something opens up.

economics/finance degrees are shit tier unless you networked while in school...should've gone with accounting

Hindsight's 20/20. I only took one accounting course (was required for my degree), but after looking at the job market I realized just how much more valuable an accounting degree was.

Oh well.

Who did you buy books from?

Started with garage sales when I was new.

Moved on to estate sales & private library liquidation when I got some experience.

Did you use those apps that detects the rank of the book on Amazon?

When i started with garage sales, I simply used Amazon's ISBN scanning app. The pay-for-ones are fucking garbage, I checked out a few on free trial.

After I became serious, I simply did a quick inspection of inventory (no scanning, you can tell value after awhle based on what genre/how recent the books are) and gave a flat bid for entire lots.

someone explain this networking meme. why do normies think it is a good idea to give jobs to friends/family/favored dicksuckers, rather than hiring someone based on qualifications and skills?

OP here, it makes sense to me. Weeds out people you can trust, sometimes it's difficult to tell who is an idiot until they've already fucked shit up for 2 months straight.

It's easy to tell which of the people you know irl are competent.

You're also just more likely to give friends the time of day, rather than some random person you've never met before. Also, the person you employ is more likely to feel accountable not only to you, but to the person who got them the job, who they probably have a decent relationship with.

Still, skills are always more important than network. My coding skills are what got me my first job out of school, regardless of my 2.5 GPA.

Where do you find people selling book collections?

Because they're shitbreathing normie scum, borderline illiterate, and think facebook is a legitimate hobby. You got to remember normies are retarded apes. If it isn't in front of them, like just a resume in a pile, they don't connect it with a person existing who sent the resume in. They just see a piece of paper and get bored. Like peek-a-boo, where if you hide the person's face behind the hands the baby thinks they disappeared. Basically that with a resume rather than hands.

We hire people with your sort of skillset as TS, unless you have no sort of math/science/CS background whatsoever. I don't know what else you took but if you get an interview and don't suck shit on the exam(s) they might hire you in a semi-technical role. It's worth a shot at least.
I've definitely seen implementation people at epic with your sort of background too, but we don't hire as many of them these days. I'd ask to refer you but we don't get bonuses for it like we did when I was hired :-(

Can you upload your template? I really like it.

it's easy

would you rather hire someone you know or a stranger? use your fucking head

Fucking terrible. Guess your economics degree wasn't worth much.

Try running some decent factorial analysis on your skillset.

The most valuable things in your resume are tucked in the last 6 words.

You use vague words for your KPIs as an intern.
Entrepreneur isn't a title and is often an HR red flag. Downgrade yourself to Executive Account Manager or some title you know they'd love.

People hire their friends b/c it is valuable to do so. It is relatively low risk to stick your neck out for someone, but the degree of control and indebtedness you receive in exchange for the risk you took to shortlist someone. The secondary time-value proposition is immense.

Have you ever tried to hire someone you entitled pos. You get scam artists, beggars, an ocean of entitled and incompetent pests. Skillset is less than 10% of the work you'll ever do in any career. And frankly most work isn't a highly technical refined affair, its an underfunded just get it done as cheap and quick as you can thing. the day to day is noticeably bereft of skill.

Think about it Worst case scenario. You have to fire the guy yourself, and tell him to get his life on track, but you stuck your neck out for him and he still owes you one. Best case he's successful and a small piece of everything he ever does is owed back to you. You can call that guy for favors almost non stop and he'd be happy to help

>normie gets buttblasted and admits they do shoddy work on a daily basis

wew

>Skillset is less than 10% of the work you'll ever do in any career.

>thinks going in and talking about soap operas to people is contributing value to the company
>calls others pests and scam artists
>admits his position requires no real skill

assmad buttblasted fagatron the third, king of wagecucks and white knight for normie scum. Thanks for proving me right.

I should make a company and hire only channer autists. No gossiping small talk bullshit, just 100% applied autist power to their tasks, one asspie could do the work of 5 normies. Profit margin off the chart.

It was mentioned a few times in this thread but I am a Finance, Econ and IT Major (Triple Major).

OP I got to Marquette University, so I am familiar with UW Madison. I was able to get to a large Bank in NYC because of Networking. Networking is everything. For me, it was the reason I got an interview. They only have a few target schools they recruit from, so us kids in Wisconsin are fucked without contacts in the bank.

Don't listen to the assblasted robots ITT. Unless you go to an Ivy, networking is a must.

Especially for you because without technical skills you are much less marketable. I would recommend MBA possibly. Make sure the MBA school has a great alumni network though, because that is 95% of the reason to go

This is pretty spot on, one of the easiest things we could do in HR is hope that someone worked with the person who's applying for the job so we know he's the real deal or not.

I want to say thank you, I never come to biz and just scrolling through it seems entirely full of NEETS thinking they are a businessman because they got paid for using bing to search hentai.

Please explain to me how one waiter is better than another waiter in a way that massively influences the business.

Bump

OP I was in the same position I actually graduate with an econ degree in May but I was lucky enough to land a gig part time at a residential mortgage company. Currently I'm just doing boring paperwork stuff as an assistant for the risk analyst manager making excel reports and such. Basically I got the job after spamming any and all websites with my app and I got a call back. I guess it was easier since I live in a large city (LA). But OP you should look up mortgage companies they're busy and always need help and the best part is I have opportunities for growth and 401k after one year.

Economics is only shit tier if you have a bachelors. Experienced Econ graduates actually make the most money out of any other major.

I think that's called a tech company

Do you have 9 (at least 6) hours of accounting credit hours?

Will you be willing to move to Chicago?

I can help you out.

your resume is a soulless list of accomplishments and simply stated facts

tailor it for each position. is there a certain position youre burning to get? research it 8 hours a day for a week and use that research to create a convincing argument in your resume and cover letter. reach out to their recruiting team and try to arrange a meeting to talk about the company and position. attend relevant networking events. make it show that you care. try to get an internal reference. in some companies, all it takes is one meeting with someone who has the role you are seeking to convince him to internal refer you and force HR to seriously consider your package.

Interviewed at Epic. They'll let you talk to someone on a team with a similar background as you, then they'll throw you an online exam to see if you can pick up their pseudo programming language that they use for their product.

>nepotism is bad
Ireland went from 0 to hero on nepotism, get fucked losers.

Maybe you just need to practice your interviewing. You seem like a cool guy to me I dunno