RimWorld General /rwg/

Marijuana, Not Even Once Edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Previous thread >>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w3H_xsdr-Vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Man, the XML for leathers and meats is fucked up...

>there is a tag - only used by mechs
>leathers and meats don't get their own ThingDefs, they're defined inside the animal's ThingDef
> and clearly look like hacks

I love the game and I think TS do code well, but come on... I'm almost wanting to edit the core mod and send him saying "hey, I did some house cleaning".

*does code well

i don't see the problem with adding water

let's say you start with some barrels of water that sustain you for so long, they're magically added to any meal you cook so long as you have the water, and you'll need to find some source of water before your supply runs out or you'll suffer dehydration penalties. water can be found on the surface, in mountains, or underground, and you could always build a well anywhere in the lategame for guaranteed water, maybe make it a task to refill your water storages

that's one shitty way of doing it, not the end of the world

It would also add differences between biomes, like water would be scarce in a desert.

your idea sounds like a big pile of shit.

what is the benefit to the current gameplay? none.

there is no need for dehydration as long as there is malnutrition. there are already differences to the biomes regarding your aspect. it's called fertility.

the guy from the last thread who wanted to add water was the dumbest idiot ever.

so

is there any way for me to increase my chances of recruiting? I made the prison the nicest room in my compound...

okay

listen

I agree with you that adding water is a bad idea

but

can we try to tone down the flaming a little bit?

I'm so tired of seeing dumb flame wars here

there are nice generals you know

it's better to talk in extremes, nobody's feelings are gonna get hurt and it gets the actual point across

shit ideas should be called shit

>it's better to talk in extremes
true but only because it's an anonymous board.

>shit ideas should be called shit
true. people complain so much about lack of content in early access games. only add things that actually improve the gameplay. if you desperately want something that everyone agrees is shit, get your ass up and mod it on your own

see
he provoked it to make fun of everyone who wants to add water.

A15 upload please.

Rimworld only gets my money when its $20 or less.

$30 is a ripoff, I can buy 3 episodes of Hitman 2016 for that price and thats a AAA game that is surprisingly great

spoken like a true teenager

I don't care who provoked whom, ignore trolls or stay cool

is everything given equal priority if you don't turn on manual priorities?

I want to make everyone tidy up a little every day by making cleaning priority 1 so things don't get shitty

If you don't turn on manual priorities then everything in the priority list is done left to right.

In other words, cleaning is literally the last thing that anyone will do, and colonists will only do it when there's nothing else to do.

We get it you dont want water other people do. In the end its up to the modders or the dev

A couple hours ago I sold all the parkas too because it's been the heat that's killing me, not the cold.

everything should be at priority 3 if you don't turn on manual priorities. but work orders to the left still get preferred to equal priorities.

it's better to make one cleaning day with most colonists and afterwards keep one colonist with high priority on cleaning.
if everyone has high priority on cleaning, one of them will stop whatever they do whenever there is a single tile dirty.

gotcha, thanks.

>when you have to have heaters in your freezer to prevent hypothermia

why is my female Husky named Terrorism

>121 F
>Toxic fallout
And here I thought I had overstocked on potatoes. Too bad I haven't researched TV yet...

I'm gonna ask this question again because I'm a shitter and am genuinely interested in giving it a shot, but I want to play a wild west/deadwood style run and I need suggestions of mods and things to do in order to make it feel like an old west frontier town.

Animal naming raws. There are tags that allow pets to be named after "badass concepts."

I thought it was silly too. But fortunately you can edit pet random naming tags. Just leave it as male/female/unisex.

What's the best way to make money?

>Arid Shrubland starting environment
>Tribal Start
>start with a Muffalo Shaman, Sheriff, Doctor, Blacksmith, Courtesan, Escaped Convict, Teacher, Bartender, Ranch Owner, Drifter, Evangelist, and/or Colony Settler

warden is off. all settlers confined to the compound.

the million dollar question: will this escaped prisoner die of heatstroke, toxic buildup, or warg mauling?

None, because you'll turn warden back on and rescue them

I dunno, she just collapsed.

I mean, she was already collapsed.

Also, the prison is not contiguous with the rest of my facility and everyone is in early stage heatstroke until I recycle enough steel to build more A/C. They are also all on minor toxic buildup because I had them build hallways between all major facilities before I confined them.

So I doubt she'll hang on long enough for someone to get healthy enough to risk rescuing her. But if I can avoid the hit to mood, I will.

>get attacked by 8 people when i have 4
>they all have sniper rifles and shit
>one of my dudes die
>random sheriff wanders into my colony and joins it
how do i kill the sheriff without ruining everyone's mood

YOU TRIED TO GUILT ME INTO DOING THE RIGHT THING AND LOOK WHERE IT GOT ME.

MOODY'S BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS IF HE DIES. YOUR HANDS.

FINE. WE LIVE OR DIE AS ONE. GODSPEED, WARRIORS.

writing in capslock makes you not funnier

I WAS GENUINELY ANGRY

But everyone survived. We downed four wargs with fists and knives.

Of course, we'll burn to death.

In a shocking upset, Blue has burned to death.

Unless you've got dusters and hats researched get ready for a one way ticket to Assfuck City unless the heatwave ends soon.

Are infestations still game-ending colony destroyers?

Is the only way to defend against a metal-slug invasion still to have a kill-box with 30+ turrets?

>Are infestations still game-ending colony destroyers?
no
>Is the only way to defend against a metal-slug invasion still to have a kill-box with 30+ turrets?
no

What did they change?

when are double insulated airlocked freezers good and when is it just not worth the bulk?

especially early on?

Cant someone please fucking upload A15, every other Alpha has been uploaded here.

Please?

Fucking raid in toxic fallout, and apparently immune wtf

Playing in average climates, it's often not a big issue. Single wide is good enough, but more insulation guarantees your things won't rot during a solar flare or bad power shortage.

The higher the average temperature, obviously the better your freezer will want/need to be. Seems like above 41c you're saving a lot of cooler resources if you insulate, even early on.

Then if you're on an icesheet you probably don't even need a freezer, you can put your food outside under a roof. Lategame if you want people to cook food in the freezer you could probably do a heater/cooler setup to keep it at -3c or something.

They aren't immune. Toxic fallout just takes a minute to build up. If your colonists are at 0% toxicity, you should be able to post up and fend them off safely.

I have A/C everywhere, can just barely keep the living quarters tolerable during the day. The colonists actually all survived. Moody has a peg leg now though.

I just double insulated my entire base and stuck 2 coolers and an autodoor on my freezer.

I still need to go back and double insulate my cooler exhaust room though.

uh... is high heat in my battery room going to be a problem?

i've researched gun turrets, do the "improvised turrets" target enemies exclusively?

Are there or will there ever be endless maps? I played this years ago but got bored and switched to factorio after conquering the whole square.

you can make bigger ones than before but it says it may cause performance issues

1. turn them on
2. retreat to designated safe zone
3. ???
4. PROFIT

What kids do y'all think should be part of vanilla? I love the expanded prosthetics and bionics mod.

get the fuck outta here, If your feelings are that hurt over words in a screen then you really are a dumbfuck

you sound like a soccer mom

By the way, is anyone else playing the Alpha15? It's pretty fun besides all the glitches, the drugs are alright but there should be a cartel faction that taxes you and sells you slaves

epic

sent :^)

My feelings aren't hurt. It's just an eyesore, like beer cans on my lawn.

what's the required material to craft a charge rifle?

both of those.

Medevil mod to an extent, but fuck those easy ass windows that let you shoot through, too easy with that, rest is great.

Ability to make multiple colonies, but once you change from one it turns into a faction that continues to grow exponentially from Wealth(for better or worse) so you cant go back.

So like, say you made a big colony, lots of tech, then you can move like a max of 3 to start over new in another map region, your current colony stays and grows based on tech+wealth and can be enemies/friends(should at least be neutral if changing)

So now you create some nice storytelling from past colonists who can come trade, wander, or attack you.

Some more history keeping would be nice outside of Art pieces.

I'm making the colonists for this using Prepare Carefully (At least to get the backgrounds right so that my muffalo shaman won't refuse to go anywhere near animals) and Altering the game to give me more wood to start in order to build this frontier town.

Would there be any worthwhile mods to add period appropriate weapons or items I can use in the town itself?

>Zzzt!

Regardless of the climate, I only use a single wall and no airlock.

Reasons:
1. I can protect against solar flares by keeping a low temperature and locking the door while the flare is going on;
2. Space is premium. Space = walking distance = time = colonists doing shit.
3. Airlocks look fucking ugly.

sounds like you got triggered to me pal. There are other websites where you can discuss rim world without being triggered. I advise you go to a safespace website made for soft cunts like you

>posting desu girl
Go back to /A/ you newgay.

patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

>not needing heaters in your freezer to keep your people from freezing in it
easy climate/10

>playing tribal start
>travelers from Old Town Lutin are passing by

youtube.com/watch?v=w3H_xsdr-Vs

>tribal caravan passing through
>holy shit, 26 people plus animals
>suddenly, maneater warg pack attacks
>don't want to risk friendly fire, just have my best marksman take potshots at any wargs that stray from the battle
>rest of my colonists just stand by helplessly
>in the end, 10 dead tribals, 3 downed, 6 injured
>mood debuts and missing fingers everywhere
>rescue the three downed tribals
>one lost an eye, disfigured debuff with the rest of her tribe
>when they recover they just stumble off the map alone, abandoned by their brothers
>what's left of the caravan is milling about in the rain and dark, dripping blood everywhere
>can't heal them or give them food or shelter
>can only finish off the downed wargs and haul them away
Well that was fucking depressing, those guys get their own section in the catacombs

Don't make me dig out another room you fucking game.

What modded sorcery is this

you know what really turns me on

leg amputee prisoners in small dirty 2x2 rooms

i only wonder what must be going through their mind

>.She then had Concubine Qi's limbs chopped off, blinded her by gouging out her eyes, cut off her tongue and locked her in the latrine, and called her a "Human Swine" (人彘). Several days after, Emperor Hui saw the "Human Swine", and after realising who the "Human Swine" was, the emperor was so sick of his mother's cruelty that he virtually relinquished his authority and indulged in carnal pleasures.

Tynan should make a proper double-door constructable

>at least I can still fap
>I would kill for some A/C
>When the fuck is dinner?
>So bored
>I wish I had some music
>Who needs action figures when you have hands; look, I can make them fight.

>spend hours making a comfy village in unstable A15
>everything broke between the last revision

RIP Radical, you will be missed.

>Travellers come to my settlement and stick around and because there are no visitor beds they sleep on the floor

oh fuck will that make whatever town they're from mad

Are you using the hospitality mod? Pretty sure it doesn't, I've had settlers stay on the floor and leave saying the stay was great and leaving 'gifts'

prosthetic fingers when? -10% manipulation for a lost pinky sucks

>16 hour solar flare
>lose 200F indoors
>cold kills all of my prisoners
>live because i keep tuque's and mufallo for my colonist

the worst part about this is that you can never get hydroponics to work

it kills your plants every time

It's only natural to chop off the entire arm to replace a finger.

>tfw my tribal colonist I recruited a while back has 15 shooting 11 memes full power armor a charge rifle and 3 tamed grizzlie bears

So fun to use.

More terraforming when?
I want to be able to create springs.

>11 memes

Make him smoke some joints so he can be even more dank.

Can we do that in this game? I mean the former part, not indulge in carnal pleasures.

:'[

yes

but sadly you can't rename prisoners

also only animals shit in this game

>New colonist joins
>Is father of one of the other colonists
>Father is 2 years younger than colonist biologically
>Father is 60 years older than colonist chronologically

interdasting

Fucking cryosleep.

whoever reads this is a beatiful woman

A water function could work if:

>rain barrels for collecting water (cheap to build)
>Wells (also cheap to build)
>ice can be melted into water (at a stove or campfire)
>canteens that colonists can carry around can be made for like 10 steel (they go to refill them like twice a day)

Just keep it simple.

water is a pointless feature and so is your life

so food but without ressources? how stupid. why would you want an inferior rehash of an existing game mechanic when you could use the time to make something that actually adds content to the game.

even as a mod it's as much wasted time as that guys life.

Why are my assholes eating raw shit when theres over 100 meals ready closer?

The fuck is wrong with them?

did you know that corn and berries are edible raw? colonists don't care (alpha 14) if it's cooked or not as long as it's edible

They tend to eat the ones that give more buffs anyway

>one of my pawns has plague AND malaria
>two of my 3 doctors are sick
Just fuck me.

Does insulation even matter? I always assumed the game didn't simulate heat transfer very accurately so it wouldn't matter as long as it was an enclosed room.

Also does the material you make it of actually matter?

Yes, but they have a big tendency to friendly fire if you stand anywhere in front of them, so plan accordingly.

Can somebody fucking help me figure out how the base stuff like hats is defined in the xml files? I'm trying to relocate them to different crafting tables and not having any luck. I'm in the process of dividing out clothing and weapons into different tables because I have a fuck ton of mods installed. Basically I've been working on a mod pack similar to hardcore SK for like a month now. Once I get everything done I'll post it up so people can try it.

Basically how I have it set up is that you start off with tribal Era people and progress to medieval tech then to modern tech then spacer tech. I'm trying to keep items appropriate to the tech periods which means having to move around and create new crafting benches and items. I'll post more details about it tomorrow. Going to bread. Hope one of you dudes can help me out.

good idea
would add more thot towards choosing a location for your house

IIRC insulation matters but only up to double.

Insulation does matter, but not dramatically. It takes up space, and you could just put another heater/cooler in a room instead. Not to mention heat also leaks through the roof, which you can't do anything about.

along with water we should have plumps and sewers, bathe house etc,
making lake and river important rather than just decor
also could relate to many disease without proper hygiene
but of course it's all anti fun right?