The Unity Edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>Mods and Patches
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV
>Fallout 1.5: Resurrection
resurrection.cz/en/

>Fallout: New Vegas
>General Information, Recommendations, Run Ideas, etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy (Updates in progress)

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository (Mods, Rips, etc):
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>VGU (Rips):
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41361/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks, user.

2ND for NV sucks

>my pastebin is back
>my favorite character is in the OP
Best Thread.

So, which general does discussion of Tactics go into?

What is it about centaurs that makes them unnerving to look at?
>can handle packs of deathclaw or cazadors easily
>shit bricks seeing just one centaur

What did you dislike about it, that it kept TES/3's style of gameplay?

It's of course welcomed here, just don't have anything about it in the OP.

Here, but you may not find people who've played it or want to discuss it in either general.

I've still yet to play it.

Body horror is a hell of a thing.
Go watch Videodrome or anything made by the bloke that made it.
He's big on body horror.

Just to get the ball rolling, let's try something different from the usual "favorite X" posts

Your task /cfog/ is to design your own tribe. We need a tribe name, location, unique practice/ritual and anything else you feel is noteworthy.

Can second the Videodrome recommendation / anything by Cronenberg.

It's classic, so here. People just don't talk about it much.

Thanks for the recommendations ill go watch it

They were more creepy in the original. Just look at this poor creature.

Fucked me up going to the master's base and seeing his pets
God instead of the humanoid ones in 3 and up back then they were both human and dog

I always thought Tactics would be better if you made your characters instead of having pre-generated ones.

schlorp

>try out New Vegas Bounties II
>get shot up by a militia of great khans for the first mission

Because of the FOR ANTS resolution, I don't get anything visceral off of this. Animations don't make it seem all that pathetic or creepy or disgusting, either.
What's more, the dog head having a fucking spiked collar looks like a joke. It's like something that belongs in 2.
I'm going to go against the party line here and say Bethesda genuinely improved Centaurs, even if the lore explanation for why they were on least coast was fucking stupid.

Floaters are cool. Miss them in NV.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41361/?
This adds them back and then some

I'm vary of mods that add like a million creatures. Especially since I'm only on my first playthrough and try to keep it vanilla-ish.

I agree. The classic centaur looks creepier when not moving but it loses something for me when it's animated I don't know why. It's the opposite in the 3d games

>lore-violating supernatural shit
>goddamn werewolves
REEEEEEEEE

Yeah, okay, checked gallery and it has werewolves and deathclaws with bumper swords. Nope, nope, nope.

How did the master not notice that the female mutants were sterile if he's been capturing and mutating humans for 20 years?

theres also S.T.A.L.K.E.R monsters

Some of the redesigns are okay.

Power Fists look a lot better in F3/NV.

there's a fucking tyranid there

what the hell

why can't people understand the definition of suspension of disbelief?

Why did everyone hate the talking deathclaws in FO2? I loved them.
When I found Goris I kept him for the rest of the game.

Objectively false. The slicker power fists were better looking.

They're a cute idea, too cute really. At least Burrows didn't get finished.

Any other bullshit mods out there?

We are a bit fucked lore wise regarding creates in Fallout. FEV did most of the work on the new beasts and that's strictly a west coast product.

Think Tank splicing together new creatures adds something new, but else where in the world I'm struggling to think if anything else survived other than canines?

Some aren't bad. I personally hate a lot of the gun redesigns, but especially the energy weapons. The classic plasma weapons looked like true military shit. The FO3 garbage looks like it'd fall apart after one shot.

Too whacky maybe? I don't see what the big deal is either.

I liked them, they were cool.

The idea of a bunch of an animal with a literal apex predator body structure, but that is also smart and only wants to be left in peace and also protect other rational beings is cute.

Gatling laser is better in FO3, though. Gauss rifle is ugly, though. Went from my favorite gun in 2 to let's-pretend-it's-not-in-the-game.

His aims seem to be truly well-intended, so it's possible he thought forcibly mating muties would be crossing the line. He could also be batshit crazy, being a psychic mutant of literal multiple minds.

Probably the same reason why the race of sentient Raccoon people never made it into the game.
Yes, those were a thing.

But wouldn't have the mutants have sexual urges as well? In 20 years they would have sex?

I am 12 and what is this

That's nothing

>later on in NVBII
>go after a runaway ranger (I think)
>he taunts to you from a 2nd story window
>sudden ambush on all sides by like 20 guys
>even a brahmin

I wasn't prepared

Is that Sid from Ice Age

Jokes on you I already filled it out a few threads ago.

It sucks because some of the stuff in that mod looks great, but then they cram in absurdity like Xenomorphs and Snorks.

Also, Doc Mitchell just laid out in the background here fucking slayed me for some reason.

not the updated version

Not all sex results in babbies even among humans. I think the serious answer, other than "plothole", is that he deluded himself into believing his Unity really was perfect, and that justified everything else.

I guess?

>when your chest texture is also your face texture

I guess that makes sense. Thanks

Who thought putting Eyedol in Fallout would be a good idea?

Fuck I just realized the new image has more weapons. Shit.
Old for both Combat Shotgun and Sniper Rifle

I noticed. My bad. :(

T H I C K

>when the skin on your hips is more stretchmarks than cellulite
>#justmodderthings

>I thought they were cute too
>tfw they all died

I kind of like the fact that what the Master was trying to prevent ended up being the recurring conflict in the series.
Endless conflicts of clashing cultures.

Saving them is impossible
Feels fucking bad, man

>not modding the game to get the bugged ending

weak

FUCK BLACK ISLE
FUCK

Fuck. You're right. I forgot about the inaccessible ending. Didn't somebody on the team REALLY hate the talking deathclaws? I think it was Avellone.

>See this general
>Open up my FO2 file cause I haven't played in a while
>In some mining town and my only quest is "Find missing people"

I really like the lack of map markers since it makes it feel like an actual Tabletop RPG, but it doesn't help when you haven't played in forever

So, since everybody's nostalgia has pasted by after fallout 3 and 4, can we once again acknowledge that Fallout 2 was shit?

>he doesn't have an encyclopedic knowledge of every game he's ever played
CASUAL! FAKE GAMER GIRL!

color me contrarian all you want, i don't give a fuck.

I never played it before, the first FO game I played was FO3 on xbox

I thought it was better than 1

wew lad, loling at all of your shit taste

That's okay, 2 is shit.
You don't need to use meme spoilers. Shout the truth from the rooftops, brother.

>contrarian
more like nostalgiafag

I like it less than 1, but only because I fucking love the Master. Literally the only reason.
I can acknowledge that FO2 is the better game, and possibly the best Fallout game.

Fallout 2 > Fallout 1

Gameplay wise, it's better than 1.
Story wise, it's has it moments of greatness (showing civilization rebuilding into proper societies) to complete insanity e.g. all the references.

then color me nostalgiafag, i still don't give a fuck.

>Vault 13
>Pipboy on arm
What?

Am I the only one that liked Dead Money MUCH more than Old World Blues?

Maybe it's because I played a melee character and could hack apart the ghost people with my Clean Cosmic Knife but still, since it was significantly more serious, it felt more genuine and not like I was playing Mothership Zeta

Well OWB is shit so I mean... yeh?
Also Dead Money on hardcore has a really cool sort of hopelessness about it.
...until you get 40 stimpaks and don't have to care about fucking anything anymore.

Looks like the 2000 just strapped to the arm.
The Chosen One wore the Vault 13 jumpsuit.

Old World Blues was very serious. Every character you interact with is a senile drug addict cyborg that is actively destroying everything it comes into contact with.
I mean yeah, it was also silly and used those same character traits as a springboard for """jokes""", but the undercurrent of sadness and solitude running through the entire DLC was bretty gud, I would argue even better than Dead Money.

Dead Money is fun on repeat plays.

Old World Blues gets increasingly tedious.
Doesn't help that it has the highest spawn rates and heartiest monsters of all the dlc

Fairly certain the general consensus is
DM > OWB > HH > LR
I assumed it was. I was the guy on /v/ who would always do the "Obligatory DLC tier post" every thread

I didn't like OWB mainly because of the fact that THE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ROBOSCORPIONS DON'T FUCKING DIE TO NORMAL BULLETS.

Thank you

They do, you just need to use a lot of normal bullets.
>he didn't use the new EMP axe
lol

It was Avellone. He makes it a point in the Bible to mention that after Fallout 2, both Goris and possibly Xarn die immediately. Fuck him.

I have 0 in melee

like, always

Avellone hates fun. honestly.

>Dead Money is fun on repeat plays.
You sick fuck

>he didn't play the DLC in order of release as endgame content when every character build is swimming in skill points
lol

sue me.
It's more enjoyable than Damage Sponge Blues on replays.

Avellone is a weird one for me.
On the one hand, vetoing silly stuff like I'm all far because it doesn't feel right.

But then he takes it too far and wants the series to become a generic, post apocalyptic game by constantly throwing deus ex machina at us like the Tunnelers and the nukes in LR.

i've played FNV more times than i have had shits

>not playing them during story appropriate intervals
>thinking release order is the correct play order

Right he hates fun.
Silly things
And the world getting to "bright/civilized/optimistic" etc.

I won't deny that Talking deathclaws aren't too silly me for, though.

Release order is the correct thematic play order, with the possible exception of Honest Hearts being done at anytime before Lonesome Road.
But now you're going to argue like every idiot before you that, no, the references to Christine and Elijah in OWB were supposed to be clarified in DM, even though DM references their feud/hunt being a longstanding thing which is then clarified in OWB.

>some of the most dangerous humans in the wasteland are partially brain-dead and spend all their time fucking each other

HH should always be first because it doesn't fit anywhere else, and LR should naturally be the last one to be played.

DM and OWB are interchangeable. I personally prefer DM as the penultimate DLC, but its a matter of preference.