Twingo Thread

1 month left until the twingo goes to the nürburgring.

yesterday i was drunk and i ordered Jagermeister stickers and dekra numbers (01) to go on both sides of the car.

i have the speedline turbine rims but the tires on them are 195/50/15 and i wonder if they'll fit without rubbing (if anyone has any insight...)

i hope that one of my friends will be able to lend me their gopro so i can film that shit

also, twingo thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szo6hEUdZA8
willtheyfit.com/
youtu.be/g04N0bYUwIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Twingo
>Burgerking Ring

Trips confirm absolute madman.

Just go all-out. We all know what your eventual goal is.

holy fuck i actually got trips. been posting for 10 years on this board and this is the first time this happened

that's why i chose 01. it felt right given the cars color. maybe i'll go off at the karussell and be launched into the woods. it'd look cool on video but would probably be expensive. someone i know recently totalled his car at the Nür and the total cost was around 20K. maybe you've seen the video: youtube.com/watch?v=szo6hEUdZA8

these are the people i'm going to the Nür with. we will have a lot of cool cars like M5 E60, E36, megane 3 RS, golf MK2 VR6, and... me in a twingo. people still don't believe me when i tell them i'm actually going in a 1.2 twingo this year

>1 month left until the twingo goes to the nürburgring.
HOLY FUCK NIGGA
i'll come with you, I live there

also for the wheels, look here
willtheyfit.com/

i'll be at the Nür from july 16th until july 17th. anyone from Veeky Forums is welcome to join the party.

>willtheyfit

yeah i know about willtheyfit, i actually use it all the time, but it won't tell me if the wheels will fit on a twingo without rubbing. i guess i'll just have to put them on

I'll join you. :^)

ayy limon, I hope my car makes it there without dieing

>American Twingo

those are borbet wheels right ? noice

maybe we could turn this into an Veeky Forums meet. i'm gonna try to find a good free campsite like i had found last year, but if it doesn't happen it'll have to be camping am Nürburgring

yeah borbet A
not sure if I should put them on, I had a flat last season and put some sealing stuff in it, but it turned out that the valve (one the screw on the wheel) wasn't completely tightened. So I kinda guess it's safe do drive.
small Veeky Forums meet would be nice I guess.

I'd be up for an Veeky Forums europleb meet, just the thing would be how many would actually come if they only have one month of planning?

>small Veeky Forums meet would be nice I guess.

i'll be there with a bunch of friends, but we're very friendly. as long as you drink alcohol (or even if you don't) and like cars (any kind of cars) you'll fit right in

if anyone from Veeky Forums shows up i'll gladly take them along for a lap in the twingo. with eurobeat playing.

>yfw 9 Veeky Forumstists cramped in a twingo singing eurobeat
youtu.be/g04N0bYUwIA

is that your car ? if so, please come.

also, if anyone needs to be picked up along the way, this is the route i'll be taking

eh, I don't drink since I'll probably drive home or to yellow punto user's place to crash there :^)

looks good, I could come to the north of Luxembourg and we'd drive together from there, depending on when you'll drive
and I speak french btw

no, I thought about picking up a Twingo, but my car still works (for god who knows how long, clutch is fucked, transmission makes noises, engine is fucked) the yellow one is mine
I could look if I could come to your place
>no homo
for that day and we drive with him then from Luxemburg

I speak very bad french btw

>implying the Punto survives a trip to Luxembourg and back to the Ring.
You need to get your A2 and come here with the TT.

>implying I'd survive a trip to Luxembourg and back to the Ring on the TT
no matter what happens I'm going to die
yolo

W H E N

DON'T ASK ME WHY
CUZ I DON'T KNOW

>engine is fucked

what do you mean ?

if your problem is just a dead clutch it wouldn't be hard or expensive to fix

no need to speak french, i speak (shitty) english

I'm not sure what it is 2bh, engine is ticking, sounds like a fucking Bus sized Diesel engine. I think valves maybe hydraulic valve lifter
>(also known as a hydraulic tappet or a hydraulic lash adjuster) thanks Wikipedia
should get adjusted and Clutch makes weird rattling noise when pressed. not in neutral and not in gear, only when you press it.
car was 2300 and I already put 1k into it, so I'm not sure if I should even keep trying to fix it or just drive it until TÜV has to be done and then abondon it.

>Clutch makes weird rattling noise when pressed.

it's your throwout bearing. cheap fix. throw in a new clutch while you're at it since you have to take it apart.

your engine "ticking" may be a bunch of different things, but it's probably an injector or something cheap. we'll diagnose it if you bring it to the meet

> 2 cheap fixes
hell yeah, I hope you'll stay right, if so I might actually spend some money on new tires

actually I should do before driving on the ring.
>on the Ring with 12 year old Summer tires
we all know how this is gonna end

where dodek at ?

he should come

Fug, this thread's really making me wish I had my license already.
And a car.
And a job.

isn't he from Poland?
I think in the last thread or in a BMW thread he mentioned that he will be moving or at least working in germany somewhere sooner or later

>get license
>get a job as delivery man
>buy Twingo

there ya go lad

Working on the license and job.
Twingo would make for a fun sleeper project with a mate.

Soon, boys. Soon.

yeah he's polish, poland is not so far from the nur.

i'd like to meet him IRL

Literally same issues with my E36. The clutch creaks like old rotten wooden door (not always tho) and the engine clicks as well.
I'm leaving for Denmark to work on the 25th of July and before that I'm working a summer job here in Poland so unfortunately I won't be able to come. Not like I could afford it anyway :(
I'll be there in spirit with you boys, congrats Jaegeranon on keeping your promise. Hope you'll have a lot of fun.

Also I think it's time to mourn my previous Twingo. I haven't seen it in weeks.

>yellow tingo plushie
wut, are you the guy who got them made or did I miss something?

I'd love to enjoy the sikk sounds but the ticking is always there, truely ruining the experience imo.
are you also working weekends?

I was hoping you'd let me drive your E36 kek

Dodek got one of the 2nd run test shots for successfully organizing multiple Veeky Forums sings projects.

ah okay. any news on the 2nd run? haven't gotten any emails so far

Just keep an eye on the threads, I guess.

Toy safety testing will be featured for the second run, so they're definitely safe for all possible applications (excluding eating). It's coming along, still learning about what kind of tests need to be done and figuring out how to get them done.

When I have figured out all the steps, there's going to be more plushies as well... I'll just leave pic related here.

Also, some of you might not have gotten answers, it seems like hotmail is filtering some emails and not even showing them in the junk email folder. If you haven't heard anything, just try again - I try to answer everyone's questions as best I can.

>luxuryburg plates
>german umweltzonen sticker

wat

>>American Twingo

BAN ASSAULT TWINGOS NOW.

Three things a man shouldn't borrow: his wife, his car and his knife. Sorry m8
I'm not currently working, I think I'm starting on July 5th. I don't know if I'm going to work weekends but if I won't and depending on when you want to go, I might be up for it. I'll try to get my employer to pay me daily or weekly so maybe in the end I will have the money. I'm also supposed to deliver necessary papers to the new school I'm gonna be attending some time in July and it's a 450km drive so that might be in the way as well. We'll see

>BAN ASSAULT TWINGOS NOW.

>not posting a true American Twingo

This is the real deal though.

I thought you couldn't import twingo???

Which is true, yes.

I want to buy a twingo but I would have to pay 55 euros a month for insurance FUCK

I doubt you can get it cheaper than with a Twingo

>all this twingo cosplay

Oc here, this morning I had serious light behind me

>Toy safety testing will be featured for the second run

We just successfully tested it; 5 stars.

lol

>safe for all possible applications

that's fucking nice

yeah the dude who did that is actually a regular on here

кзк

I'm still surprised nobody has made a twingo fleshlight so far.

oi guys I'll be travelling around Europe (I'm from Australia) for about a month in a fortnight. Anyone know of anywhere that rents out twingo? Fuck it'd be sick to travel Europe in a twingo.

Just buy one for pennies, make sure it's running, don't register it and call the police cunts when you get pulled over.

phucc which websites should I use to find one?

Do you think I should buy one in mainland europe so that it has right hand drive instead of buying one in Britain?

I'll join you as well if I've got the time.

mobile.de is probably your best bet.
>mainland Europe
>right hand drive
Wat
So wait, you're staying in the UK? AFAIK there were no RHD Twingos, correct me if I'm wrong

if you buy a car in poland, you're allowed to drive it for a month without registering, carrying only purchase agreement on a piece of paper.
If you sell it within this month you're clear of any paperwork.
no rhd 1st gen twingo ever - no 1st gen twingos in britain

>AFAIK there were no RHD Twingos, correct me if I'm wrong
Correct. Because the 1st generation Twingo wasn't sold in the UK Renault didn't make RHD versions of it.

HOLY SHIT HOW DO I EVEN GET ONE?

Any eur/o/pleb going to Gatebil? Probably only scandies I guess.

And although the dash is laid out perfectly for a RHD conversion, stuff in the engine bay is so compact that everything would get in the way of the steering column.

Like you said. Center speedo is cool, but it's least significant thing in the whole process.
>wiper motor for rhd would be where cabin air intake and engine's air filter is
>some ac equipment is inside the dash, in the place where non-ac versions have glove compartment
>no place for brake servo on the right side of firewall

>b-but muh one-off golden rhd twingo (picrel)
you sure you want rhd car with lhd wiper leaving blindspot in driver's upper corner of the winshield?
you sure brake servo is moved to the right or there's just some weird linkage to actuate it in the original place?
you sure it's right place for your gas pedal
you sure ventillation system works fine and none of the airducts were blinded?

Forcing Twingo as meme has been the worst thing in years.

Poorfags, Twingo is a piece of shit and it always will be. I hate you Americans for trying to force Twingo as something great without even seein one in person because now numale Europoors are thinking it is something great.

Twingo is a piece of shit car.

Take a look at that interior and try not to laught at how shit it is.

>Twingo as something great without even seein one in person
I drive one in person so I guess I have right to have an opinion.
Why are you stating your opinion?
What is your opinion on public transport in your area?

>responing to baits and shitposts
People like you enable the likes of Alphonse on this board m8

>namefag

>disrespecting fellow twingoist

If I buy a Twingo, how much mileage is the max before I should consider not buying one?

300 000km
seriously
my 250kkm '97 works like new

Stop lying.

He's right though, my 1993 had 211k km on the clock when we sold it and if it wasn't for all the rust we'd probably stick with it for much longer. No oil consumption whatsoever.
Didn't wanna come off as an asshole, just fighting pro public/o/ bono

Tons of 'em have run over 300k km.