/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bXxZS5pD0S0
youtube.com/watch?v=LUZNImeRvcY
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/286578/new-monster-set#latest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someone convince me that isn't the face of evil incarnated

How do I get a bow if I skip the tutorial?

Is cooking a viable way to make dosh?

I always wanted to be a chef in a MMO but most of the times no one buys your shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=bXxZS5pD0S0

Buy it from a merchant in one of the cities

I've heard guildies say they make some cash from provisioning. One of the passives allows you to make multiple items from making one and you just vendor it for quick money

Possibly. No real auction hall so you have to shop around. You're gonna wanna be in five trade guilds or four and one you can do dungeons with. The real problem you'll encounter is that the people that would possibly buy them consistently have or know someone that can make food.

>that intimidate option
kek'd

When is Zeni going to get rid of the 1 in the cp cap?

Where did you find this?

Wrothgar in a delve.

up your bum hole

hey guys, i just wanted to hear your guys opinion on sets for pvp, what ones do you see often and are good? and is the valkyn skoria set good aswell?

Jesus Christ it's like he's pretending the reason they introduced AoE caps aren't because some people could go funking bonkers winning 1 vs 40 as vampire emperors.

Cherry on the top is how he's using Radiant Destruction as an example of someone not standing a chance. Because that can't in any way be a sign of Radiant Destruction being strong as fuck.

Or that people picked sorcs because they want to shit lighting and be a glorified destruction staff instead of summoning shit, you know, the one thing that's unique for sorcs compared to something that can be emulated by picking up a lighting staff.

I know it's unlucky choice of examples but fuck me.

What's on that Island?

Valkyn Skoria is decent on any build that relies on a lot of dots. I don't think there's one PvP set everyone goes after in the same sense every stam dps goes after Vicious Ophidian.

But a decent set for burst damage in PvP is Mad alchemist + Molag Kena.

find out fo us user

I've tried but I ended up as fishfood.

Reposting new monster sets for discussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=LUZNImeRvcY

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/286578/new-monster-set#latest

> Iceheart, Health (2 items) 8% chance when receiving damage to root nearby enemies and deal 5399 frost damage to them.

> The Guardian, Health (2 items) 10% chance when taking damage to deal 898 physical damage to an enemy within 5 meters of you, this effect deals up to 300% additional damage in proportion to your wounds. 1 second cooldown.

> Shadowrend, W&S dmg (2 items) Charge abilities knock down enemies and restore 2739 health and 2289 stamina and magicka to you, this effect has a 7 second cooldown.

> Slimecraw, Stam regen (2 items) Gain Major Protection and 878 health recovery for 4 seconds after you've lost 25% of your health within 2 seconds, this effect has a cooldown of 6 seconds.

> Dreugh King, Mag regen (2 items) Increase your highest resource by 8%, while decreasing others by 10%.

> Duneripper, Stam (2 items) When you knock down or stun an enemy, summon 2 dunerippers to attack that enemy for 6 seconds, their attacks deal 1889 physical damage.

> Grothdarr, Health (2 items) 5% chance when receiving your own healing to summon a Flesh Atronach for 8 seconds, the atronach grants you a random positive minor or major buff until the duration ends or he is killed.

> The Whisperer, W&S dmg (2 items) Your attacks deal 8% more damage to rooted enemies, and 5% more damage to snared enemies.

Don't forget how the lightning tree is really more for stam sorcs too.

> Lamia Queen, health (2 items) Enemies affected by your poison damage over time effects take 20% more damage from your light and heavy attacks.

> Murklight, Mag recovery (2 items) Your damage abilities have a 5% chance to create a dark field on the enemy for 5 seconds, causing 2213 magic damage and healing allies inside the field for 2213 each second.

> Blackheart, Stamina (2 items) 8% chance when receiving damage to silence the attacker for 2 seconds, 5 second cooldown.

> Selene, Stamina recovery (2 items) Breaking free causes 7239 physical damage to enemies in a 6 meter radius.

> Stormfist, Magicka (2 items) Dealing shock damage has an 8% chance to cause Chain Lightning, dealing 8798 shock damage to the enemy. After 2 seconds, Chain Lightning spreads to the nearest enemy to the target dealing 60% of original damage. Chain Lightning has a 50% chance to spread a third time, dealing 30% of original damage. 6 second cooldown.

> Strangler, Stamina (2 items) Dealing direct damage has an 10% chance to create an exploding pod under the enemy, the pod explodes after 2 seconds dealing 4789 poison damage and restoring you 956 stamina. 3 second cooldown.

> Troll King, Health (2 items) Distance of your knockback effects is increased by 3 meters, grants 192 weapon and spell damage.

> Ilambris, Health (2 items) Having Minor and Major versions of the same buff active simultaneously increases the statistic affected by the buff by a further 10%, this effect can only affect one buff.

The Direnni tower.

What the hell is with all these stamina ones?

Wish the chances to proc on basically all sets were just a little higher. Can't wait until people find way to exploit Ilambris. We're reaching a point where stam sorc orcs are getting really bloody fast. Reverting the nerf to Bolt Escape when?

The answer lies within the question.
What's on that, is land.

I was hoping for a good Magicka 2-piece that would buff us up a bunch vs. Stamina and Maelstroms. Maybe next patch after..

> Blackheart, Stamina (2 items) 8% chance when receiving damage to silence the attacker for 2 seconds, 5 second cooldown.
This can't be true. It would be insane if it's true.

How do you guys push yourselves to level cp?

Grind mobs in the sewers. You guys got XP gear now so no excuses.

But then I'd have to step foot in IC. I'm like halfway through EP, I'd rather hold off on IC.

I got naturally to 300 by just doing quests and daily dungeons. Everything above is just extra bonus so I haven't really grinding any.

Naturally. I joined my first PvE guild at what would have been Vet Rank 8. Had 130 CP at that point. It's been around 4 months and i'm now capped with clears on all content. Let it happen user, the good times go by so fast if you push your CP.

Don't grind m8.

Should probably remove your name m8

how is this game with multicore CPUs?

Go farm dreugh in stormfalls.

It's worth repeating tho.

Wake up

>log out to switch characters
>can't log in again
T-thanks.

You think that's bad?

I CAN'T GET TO THE FUCKING SEWER TENEMENT FROM A FUCKING INFINITE LOADING SCREEN FOR MY BLACK SACRAMENT. THE BEST PART IS THIS IS THE LAST NAME ON THE BLACKEST SACRAMENT ACHIEVEMENT LIST ASFG;LHAFONHGO;NAFHONKNFAL;KADFBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I HAVE WAITED TWO MONTHS FOR THIS SHIT

Working as intended :^)

Oh Naryu. I'd never kill you, baby, I love you.

Naryu is bae.

Even Raz wants some gray poon.

Fuck I got a boner

Are the Maelstrom weapons worth getting?

If you want BiS items, yes. If you're not doing super high end stuff a 160 upgraded to legendary will be fine.

Nothing better for stamina

What's BiS?

And while we're at it, what's considered high end? I'm cp72, and all I've been doing are pledges and daily dungeons.

What else is there? I haven't been able to find a guide detailing what I should be doing at endgame.

Veteran Trials (read high difficulty raids) are the real endgame.

BiS is Best in Slot, i.e. the best item for your class in that particular inventory slot.

Thanks for the answer, user. Is there any link I can read that explains what I should know regarding endgame?

My issue is I'm aware of content, but not necessarily aware of what order I should play it / if I should bother.

>dungeons>vet dungeons>vMA/Trials>Vet trials

This

Which is best hireling and why is it Firi?

When's a good time to do db to catch any or all faction references?

Strange way to spell Gavin

Once you've done all faction quests + orsinium

>misspelling Valinka

Will copy + pasting game files to my laptop work? Or will I have to delete some stuff first/ have to re-download everything?

They should someone did something similar last thread.
What'll I miss if I skimp on dc/orsinium?

cool, will try it out later 50 gigs though, jfc

You won't miss any quests but you won't get the "ah yea I know what you're talking about". You get aditional dialogues about what they've been doing since.

If you skip DC it will affect a quest where you are helping a pirate gal finding her sister.

If you skip Orsinium it will affect a quest where you help out a dunmer brother and sister finding work.

>If you skip Orsinium it will affect a quest where you help out a dunmer brother and sister finding work.
I think you mean Ebonheart Pact.

I've never done Orsinium but my character recognized them.

Yea, but did you get the dialogue option to ask them what they've been up to since Orsinium and why they left?

Is ESO Plus worth it? I got the game about a month ago and I was debating on getting it or not.

It's great if you're on the fence if you want to buy a DLC. It's cheaper to get ESO Plus and the crowns included than to buy crowns directly from the store.

Yeah it's not bad, dont buy any dlc but hist yet, there a 5500 crown dlc pack coming with everything but hist.

What cp should I be at before challenging Maelstrom?

300 is a good safe amount to start

i did it at lvl25!

t. Sean Murray

You DO understand that we're talking about VETERAN Maelstorma Arena, right?

>999+ ping constantly in Wrothgar, though it feels more like 600
>frequent infinite load screens I need to kill the process to escape from
10/10 patch.

Yea, Its easy all you need is steel tornado and ashen grip set.

the bottomless crafting bag made looting shit a lot less stressful.

Are DKs the worst class to do maelstrom on? There are barely any scores on the leaderboard compared to the other classes

That's nothing. I've had several DPS get stuck under the floor in dungeons and become unable to rez or be rezzed.

Yep. Sorcs and NB are easiest, then templars, then DK. What's funny is that during development a DK was the first one to clear vMA.

Terrible.

>5500 crowns

for real? That's pretty much what it costs just to buy it retail.

you get a sack even if you skip with a bow and armor

>I've heard guildies say they make some cash from provisioning. One of the passives allows you to make multiple items from making one and you just vendor it for quick money

It's not exactly quick money but it is easy money. Crafting four green foods/drinks with 5 sell value costs only 2 ingredients. You can buy the ingredients for 10g each, the results sell for 20g. So essentially you can double your money.

The bottleneck is medium ingredients: cheese, flour, garlic, millet, saltrice, seasoning, ginger, honey, isinglass, lemon, metheglin, seaweed. There's shitloads of other ingredients for sale all the time but you can't crafft shit without the medium ingredients. So, first you search guild stores for any medium ingredients. When you find some, look for ingredients that are used in 5g or 4g value recipes which use the medium ingredient you bought. Using the CookeryWiz addon makes this easy because you can keep your cooking window open while looking at a guild store and queue up recipes to cook as you buy the ingredients so you don't have to memorize what recipes you needed to cook for what amount. Just queue and forget.

Once you're done buying, just go to a cooking station and cook. This is time-consuming part. Cooking a queue worth tens of thousands of gold when sold to vendors takes several hours. So you can go afk and maybe play other games if your PC can handle it but you can't play ESO while cooking obviously.

Well it's all DLC and 200+ hour of content
> 10 in TG
> 10 in DB
> 20 in Orsinium
> 10+ in Imperial City
> 150+ farming vMA

Just started a nightblade. Haven't touched the DB or thieves guild yet-- how many levels could I get through in those quests?

What makes you think it'll be 5500?

yeah but it's a $60 edition of the game, and the base is $40 same differential from base and imperial now, and imperials only 2100 crowns.

So unless there's an official source saying 5500, I don't believe it.

Well you guys were right, that werewolf quest sure was pretty easy even as a lower level.

Kinda nice you can just stay in there as well and grind it right up to rank 10 right off the bat. the skills themselves are going to take a long time to level up though.

Glad that worked out for you friend, See its always good to at least try!

Yeah man, hardest part was just deciding which I'd rather be.

Also lucky me, looks like I can slot the skills even when not in WW form just to get them xp to level them up.

what's the current champion cap? 160?

Best zone to farm CP is cadwell's gold, ok. But where? Do I have to follow a grinding spot 1-50lvl tutorial or is there anything better?

and what about gear level?

I need help.

Tell me about magicka DK dps and magicka DK tanks.

I understand the magicka dps DK because I have a magicka dps sorc so I know how spell damage dps works but tank baffles me. How does somebody tank with magicka?

Do they allocate points in more than one stat or do they put everything in magicka?

Tell me I gotta know also I gotta know which race would be good for magicka DK tank helpp

> Not tanking with your magicka sorc

Magicka based tank here.

All my attributes are in health.

My tanking skillset goes like this:
>Puncture
>Draw Essence
>Unstoppable/ Burning Talons interchangeably
>Fragmented Shield
>Volatile Armor

>Magma Shell for ult

Off hand, you can run a resto or destro staff based on your tastes, and keeps heals or dps up after you've taunted as much as you need to.

It's pretty self-explanatory. Go full heavy armor, of course.

Don't meme arrow me friend tell me how?

How does a magicka sorc keep the aggro on themselves?

I can see how bound aegis and damage bubble might come in handy but is that it?

Following up on this-- the big thing you want to focus on is keeping Fragmented Shield, Volatile Armor, and your taunt up as much as possible. Burning Talons is great for your party to synergize with, and can hold mobs in place long enough for you to taunt them. Inhale is a decent AoE that also restores magicka based on how many targets it hits.

Did that help any, user?

It is making sense to me. Thank you friend.

>How does a magicka sorc keep the aggro on themselves?

same way any other class does. by taunting

magsorc tank a shit tho, don't fall for it