Are these cars reliable? 1992 Chrysler New Yorker...

Are these cars reliable? 1992 Chrysler New Yorker. I'm going to be using it for long distance travel so I really wanted a comfortable car to cruise in

tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/5633573342.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBkjXdCf8DE
tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5630208138.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Continental_Mark_VI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quick bump

Why the fuck are you gonna get a car for long distance travel that gets 15 mpg

It's cheap and comfortable truly. What do you recommend?

geo metro xfi

Oh my goodness OP those seats. Those beautiful cushy seats. I have a thing for old 90s American land barge cars

Buy it. Buy it right now. Talk him down even a bit more. Perhaps $900 flat.

If I was near you I'd pick that up right now. Just research a little about these cars and then make a decision. Get the VIN and run a report. This thing looks to be in fine condition. Awful MPG I'm sure but I guarantee you'd be comfy.

>buy chrysler with pop up headlights
>headlights wont pop up at night
>screwed.jpg

>he cares about mpg

I cant imagine that being reliable. Maybe an ls400?

>cuck wheel drive

just get a panther body like everybody else if you want comfy

>ff

>panther body
>comfy

>chrysler
No.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBkjXdCf8DE

yes

>he doesn't know about Chrysler's reliability and quality pre-Mercedes takeover

>the idiots on Veeky Forums in a nutshell

no, I don't know about that. in what parallel universe did that happen in

here OP, reliable and comfortable, with a v8 because you hate mpgs apparently
tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5630208138.html

>170,000 miles

literally still break-in miles for a toyota

meme

So long as they weren't powered by Mitsubishi, Chrysler products from the Lee Iaccoca era were bulletproof reliable and among the highest quality American products. Jeremy Clarkson (who hates American cars) said the Chrysler LHS (a New Yorker with all the chrome trim painted and a center console) was among the best cars in the world.

yeah you're right

This is why I wish I didn't put the link hahahaha

It wasn't until Mercedes took over in 1998 and screwed everything over that Chrysler's quality and reliability jumped off a cliff.

I have a Chrysler New Yorker as well and this popped up on my dashboard. I'm researching on it but the light disappears when I ride

Alternator. Next question.

Yes, remember they made cars other than the CVPI and the Marauder.

Ahem..
>LTD
>Town Car
>Marquis/Grand Marquis
>Crown Victoria LX and others
>Country Squire
>Continental

Literally any one of those would be comfy as fuark.

I'd personally go with a clean, low-ish (sub-180K) mileage Mercedes 124 E-class with the SOHC 3.0 gas I6 for what you're doing, assuming it had no idiot lights on the dash, a clean VIN check, no rust, and looked to be obviously up to par on maintenance. Also check anything rubber and all the wiring harnesses. Also check for head gasket leaks. These can be hit or miss but when taken care of properly can be highly reliable cars.

>Sufficient power. Absolutely. Sufficient. Nothing more.
>Can be fast, though
>Yes, around corners too for something of its price range
>I6 hums away at ~3000 RPM at 65, super smooth
>"Fair enough" gas mileage. As good as you'll get in a Panther or your OP pic. Fuel is premium though, not regular.
>Absolutely the most comfortable, solid vehicle you will ever be behind the wheel of.
>Be respected, not laughed at
>Irresponsible amounts of legroom. I can sit cross legged in front of my passenger's seat when it's brought to the back, and not have the dash poking at me.
>Top speed of ~120mph at which speed, or near, the car remains competent and composed as if it were cruising at 55.
You will literally be in your element, the highway is where these cars belong.

Then again, it depends on what you can spend. "There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes" is extremely true. BUT they are reliable cars assuming the maintenance is up to par. I cannot. Stress that. Enough. If not, then they will not be reliable. If yes, they can be very reliable.

So, my vote goes to the 124 or honestly any 80's-90's era Benz, though the 190 simpler and not quite as comfy and the 126 is potentially less reliable and more can go wrong but more comfy.

I'm probably an idiot for recommending that to you but my god it's unparalleled

Leak from here, assuming it's from air conditioning. Is it normal?

Liquid is clear

water condensation from A/C. yes, normal

Lastly, is this going to be an issue, the rust that is

>>Continental
The Continental was actually FWD and based on the Ford Taurus platform.

That looks to be just surface rust. I wouldn't worry about it.

Buying car tomorrow, i appreciate all of you on here

Heck yeah

Post a full pic of your car?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Continental_Mark_VI
that's the one I meant.

But yes you are correct, those are ff and not on Panther platform, but are still comfy as fuck.

>Look to see what platform Taurus and Continental shared
>D186 platform
>Also shared with Windstar minivan
>4.6 Modular V8's swap into Taurus's with Continental parts cars (pic related)
hmmm.... What if you had a first gen Ford Windstar and a later Continental V8 as a parts car...