/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Wiki:
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.1.0c)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/361798516941866683/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

Dead game. Dead General.

There was a better picture to be used and you ruined it.

"killer has a real mori, i repeat real ass mori"

Best names you've seen so far?
>Anime Is Trash

Dead by Daylight or it's FREE.
Pizza Dwight skin

Why is the hatch so fucking bullshit? Why the fuck does anyone defend it?

Deadbeat Dad playing hillbilly
Dwight Power

Because if you play survivor long enough you'll see the day your entire team gets killed for stupid reasons and now you desperately need the hatch to salvage the round.

So you think players should be REWARDED for their team being shit at the game?
In a team-based game, no less?
This is a first.

It's more like giving someone fucked over by their team a chance to get something out of a round. I agree something needs to be done so that there's no ridiculous stand-offs between killers and survivors on getting into the hatch but there's a reason for its existence.

yes, we dont want a dota situation where your team being dogshit makes your game way harder and gayer, the hatch is not a big deal binky boy get over it lul

Jake from snake farm is always worth a laugh.

why do you keep crying here about it? no one here wants to read your shitter blog, and it's not going to be removed. go bitch to the devs on the steam forums.

You'll trigger matchmakingfag, be careful.

>I'm a killer main and these are my salty tears.

But how does the hatch distinguish someone who was fucked over by their team from someone who's just bad at the game? A good player whose team was killed and a bad player whose team was killed can both use the hatch.
>why are you talking about the game in a thread about the game
1/10 bait, made me reply.

It just needs a point reduction, it's a "sorry your team fucked up and you couldn't open a door" scenario not "here's free points for waiting for your team to leave through the door"

>team-based game
>you literally cannot communicate with other survivors in any way

>m-maybe if I attack my preconceived notion of the person who's making the argument, it'll make the argument less valid!
Let me guess, you use website names as adjectives to describe people you don't like.

You can point at them or stuff in an incredibly vague way, or violently wave at yourself when that faggot Dwight won't get off the generator and heal you.
It can't, but how on earth would you expect it to? It's better to throw frustrated players a bone since it requires the killer saccing 3/4 survivors. Although if the exit gates get powered I think the hatch should shut since now there's 2 gigantic exits to use.

>how on earth would you expect it to
Probably by making it require skill to use.

yeah but you just keep bawling over the hatch with the same posts thread after thread, it's almost like copypasta at this point.

So is this no longer bad advice?

i've used closets so many times since last patch and gotten away with it, they are legit as fuck now

You know, you're free to just hide posts against the hatch or just not reply to them. You don't have to read them. I'm posting about a mechanic I find objectionable in a game, in a thread about the game. How is that bad?

Do you still breathe while inside of them? At what distance will the killer hear you enter?

you don't even bring new points, you just regurgitate the same shit every 30 posts. i would love to filter your shitposts, but i can't filter "hatch" because someone might actually make a post that isn't terrible that i might want to read.

your breathing is near-silent, but the sound of going inside them isnt -that- quiet but it seems quieter than before. Not sure on distance, i've done it while i was above the killers basement and he just walked by like nothing happened but i did do it right when he hooked the bitch so her screams probably muffled it

You still breathe but it's incredibly quiet without the nurse perk. The killer only gets an alert if you sprint into it. If you're lucky, you can quietly enter one right before a killer turns a corner and then feel like a pro when they wander off in frustration.

You are projecting so hard if you looked at a wall we could see an entire powerpoint presentation on how to be a douchebag.

Speaking of Stridor, is it actually useful? It seems like if someone is audibly breathing, you'll hear it, so long as you're in the right radius. What good is increased volume?

I'm sorry i didn't properly fight your well formed argument "the hatch is bullshit".

Why didn't you just record the killer's level instead of the survivors, the right graph is useless

It's not. If you're consistently being matched with players near your level, there is matchmaking.

So that's the best you can think of? And they say originality is dead.

While I agree, you should nuke your killer ranking by disconnecting until you're rank 20, and then see what kind of survivors you get. If you managed to test both in a single day, well that's rock solid.

>Wraith's wallhack add-ons
>Nurse's Calling
>Deerstalker

=

>being able to see survivors in any state, anywhere

How can Dwight men even compete?

People will judge me and invite me to mean groups to bully me.

Either you're being matched with other survivors and your left figure says nothing, or you're being matched to the killer and your right figure says nothing. If anything the figure on the right more strongly indicates there's a shitload of rank 20 survivors given that you have a whopping 1 encounter with someone of the same rank.

With a flashlight and spine chill.

Wouldn't increasing the volume increase the radius you hear them?

The system most likely uses an unknown range of levels close to your own as top priority, then expands. 20-17 is the first color of rank (grey) and a large percentage of players will be either rank 1 or rank 20 for obvious reasons. Feel free to run your own tests if you have doubts

In real life, I guess. In game? Not necessarily. I'm not sure how it works, but it sounds like it simply boosts volume.

Does anyone with Stridor 2 or 3 know if it makes you hear pained breathing from farther away?

By realizing that wraith's wallhack add-ons don't work and haven't worked in months

>sample size of 30 each
Doesn't seem like enough data to me, and how long after reset was the data taken?
There appears to be a pattern but if left was taken pre reset and right taken post ofc there will be an influx of low ranked games.

>be doing wraith daily
>all gens are powered, don't really care since i did my daily
>come upon a Nea trying to use the new infinite on the tractor and teabags me
>down him and let the meg heal him a couple times before setting her on the hook
>let the meg do some gens before she leaves

Unfortunatly I don't have the rest of the screenshots as I forgot to save them, but the rest was basically him calling the meg and I teamers and we'd both get banned.

Earlier today

Worth a mori too

>and haven't worked in months
What? I was getting Wraith to 40 a week or 2 ago and they worked fine.

>nurse has no recovery on attacks while carrying a survivor
>already have IG rank 3
>mfw I get my Trapper to level 40

Yeah what is with that? Why is she like that?

>taken on seperate sides
Needs two accounts to properly test considering if he's playing survivor it eliminates 4 man swf groups from the player pool.

I have no idea why, but it is so. I'm really looking forward some IG 3 + Agitation 3 memes

>when your game lasts less then a minute

You intend to down those idiots that try to get in front of you while you carry someone?

Exactly, and I'm also going to check 1 or 2 generators with my new pet on my back, and eventually hooking him

Do you actually move faster with agitation? It's an 18% boost, right? How much does carrying slow you?

I'm not sure carrying slows you down

It does a little bit I want to say

stridor also gives you a strange visual cue (a white dot basically) on people who are breathing heavily.

Are you sure that isn't just the bug that makes Claudette and Jake visible through walls?

>disconnected because one of the player is flagged for cheating
First time seeing this, how does one report anyway? Take vids and upload it to devs?

this is gonna be good

update: it was good

Lucky. My entity has been acting like a real cunt lately. I would set something like this up only for it to jump to the chain or some shit in your picture.

>the survivors enter your lobby
>massacre them all
>results page
>one of their ranks went down

I lose a hell of a lot more ranks and pips due to the game crashing and freezing for me... how do I ever progress?

Anyone ever seen something like this? I remember seeing a match TrU3 was in where a survivor was named Chat Disabled and the lobby chat was actually disabled. Can naming your character certain things actually cause the game to bug out?

>he dies on the hook
>His name is chance
>he comes back to life
>he's the 2nd chance

That's really spooky.

>didn't even get a safety pip

Kek, I love it when infinijukers get BTFO.

I fucking love basement parties.

>get in a highish level game
>with a like level 10 Trapper because I'm just doing dailies
>find someone, when I finally pick him up there's like no hooks around
>he escapes as I drag him to the basement
>snatch him again
>suddenly Dwight with a flashlight
>fucker is stupidly trying to flash me as I get into the basement shack
>just ignore him and hook the guy I had
>go back up for a sneaky peek
>ssshk
>Dwight rescuing mah survivor
>whack the hooked guy as Dwight runs off
>but running straight away to do gens isn't good enough
>no he HAS to stay around the basement shack to try another stupid rescue
>SNAP
>you've activated my trap trap...
>hook Dwight and the last two survivors come a-knocking
>best part was when one of them goes into the basement, ignores the hooked guys and tries to grab the chest
And these guys were all like level 30+.

So satisfying.

>best part was when one of them goes into the basement, ignores the hooked guys and tries to grab the chest
That's hilarious.

The shortest match I've ever had.

After smacking the last survivor around to assert my dominance, I let him live because I felt bad because of how badly his team got demolished.

anyone else who has useless blinds here and can't play most of the day?

suffering

>host game as Billy
>one guy DC'd, left 3
>decide not to play seriously and just chainsaw for DR
>2 guys went down in less than a minute, less the third one ress them all while I wander away
>this repeated for 3 times
>one guy gives up running, hooked him and dies
>go full oblivious retard for the remaining match despite seeing all the claw marks and watching people walking into closets
>everyone escapes, still got second most BP out of it
And everyone had a good time, sorta.

So is that tractor really an infinite now? That twitch cancer claimed that it wasn't

Just put a blanket over it

we should make a list and rate all dbd twitch cancers

hey i killed you earlier tonight

I dunno. A buddy of mine who is a high rank survivor claims it is, but I saw him get whacked in the legs while up there and go down. Also, most survivors don't immediately go for that vault, as sometimes they try and wait to see if you'll feign a walk up and drop down to cut them off. So when they sit there waiting for your feint, you can just waltz up instead and score a hit. If they haven't vaulted already, they'll probably slow vault and be vulnerable

It might be infinite but hard to use infinite, like if you make a small mistake you get hit.

It might be not as 100% brainded as what we used to have, but still.

win-win situations are retarded... this isn't all that fun when you put all the effort into a game and everyone gets 1st place awards

screw your pips

ok so yet again my game sort of crashed, it went to the sidebar, I can hear some background sound, a generator and Meg moaining

anything I can do not to lose 3 pips again?

Did you unlock your fps or whatever and do the graphics fix?

Meg moaning!

I don't know what you mean by either of those, so no.

By what level am I guarenteed IG 3? I still got shit 1 rank. Or is it just get fucked and grind it out?

Get fucked and grind it out. There are people here who're 40+ and still haven't got IG. It fucking sucks.

Spies is pretty good on Asylum.

>US game takes JRPG practices
>MFW

soon non saboteur Jake perks will shine, since killers will rely only on the crows

Yeah, it's really shitty that IG is as nescessary as it is in this meta.

It comes in handy even if they don't break all your shit. Being able to hook them near the gens you don't want them to touch is nice.

Agitation makes for a half-assed substitute at least.

It's only nescessary in high end games.

Newer survivors are ezmode for killer.

>Not wanting to tame fresh megs
What is this reddit?