/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #405

"We played hide and seek in overalls" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings Glass Walls
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/10990015
strawpoll.me/11005852
strawpoll.me/11012705
strawpoll.me/11013698
strawpoll.me/11054607

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=_xe0Ir_wyuo
youtube.com/watch?v=2ypMBqm5EhI
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=14
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.

Storms happen at least a few times every year. But true love only comes once a lifetime.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

One night he's going to feel lonely and get free, run to Max and Chloe's, and then headbutt their door and baa until they let him in.
Chloe will wake up angry wondering who the hell it could be at that hour, open the door, laugh, let Horny in, cuddle with him and sleep, and then bring him back to Joyce and David's in the morning.

Kate is #1

Well said.

Imagine Horny rushing into Chloe right as she opens the door, flinging Chloe right onto his back.

A look at Vampyr that seemed pretty balanced.
youtube.com/watch?v=_xe0Ir_wyuo
Seems to be a mix of Bloodborne and Watch Dogs. Could be interesting if it's executed right.
One thing I keep noticing is how old the setting looks. It looks cool, but I was hoping for more World War 1 stuff since it's at the end/ right after the war. But it looks more like 1880s London.
According to the person speaking in the video they took lessons learned from LiS to try to improve the story and want character interactions to drive things.

>Max hears Chloe scream and fall over
>She frantically comes running out of their bedroom, ready to rewind or attack the intruder
>She sees Chloe on the ground with Horny licking her face
>She just laughs, walks back into the room, and comes back with her camera

at least link the straight gameplay demo instead of shitty journalist interview

youtube.com/watch?v=2ypMBqm5EhI

What was Alice doing in their apartment? Is she no longer with Kate?

Maybe Alice was staying over to see Lisa. Or maybe Alice had bunnies and Kate gave one to Max/ Chloe.
Alice still lives with her mommy. That will never change. It seems Pompidou, or another dog, is also there.
Must be a busy apartment.

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked up is Dontnod's financial situation going to be after this bombs?

If they get fucked again, lis season 2 is going to end horribly once again.

That footage looked pretty rubbish so I get the feeling they'll be right back to where they were after Remember Me.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I don't think it will be a total bomb. Even if they end up losing some money they made enough from LiS that they were secure enough to open a new studio and begin yet another project.
Since the teams (And almost certainly budgets) are also separate then it won't have much effect on DONTNOD overall. It will just mean that in the future their 'Action' team that made Vampyr may only be allowed less expensive or ambitious projects until they make up for the loss.

Could Luc be redeemed or has he fully given himself over to the Imagination Lord?

Luc seems to be the best out of the devs. He's the only one that I know of who actually spoke like a human by saying he would "Sacrifice 10,000 for his love", instead of the utilitarian nonsense that others, both in and out of DONTNOD, spout. He seems like he's been honest, but even he has his moments of stupidity like after Ep 5 and he was complaining on Twitter about a review.
He's still better than Michel. That's for sure.

Not him, I'm new and I was wondering why you guys alwaus praise Luc, what did he do exactly? Or say?

I wouldn't say people always praise him. But since he hasn't spoken as much as Michel, he appears to be more consistent. As I said, he said he chose the Bae ending and gave a very human explanation for it.

A lot of it is also just playing and RPing. Michel is the evil Imagination Lord, Luc is the one that wants you to use your brain and heart.

Where can I read or watch about his thoughts and opinions about the game and the ending?

I'd also just like more details about Michel and Luc please, I know Michel is evil and stupid Kek but is there more to know?

Goodnight /lisg/
>Horny is at the foot of the bed and just out of frame

Horny Kate

Michel talked about how nothing was cut (When leaks proved otherwise), how the story made perfect sense, and how due to budget cuts the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending couldn't be longer (That time/money went into the other ending, which only came to be late into the game's development). He also buddied up with Mari (A retarded 'theory' creator and person who bitched at fan projects) which pissed off /lisg/ because it looked like she was then some representative for the whole fandom. He also said something once about "Max not being as good of a person as she thinks she is", which is utter bullshit. Finally, he played games on Twitter like changing his profile pic to Pricefield, to Warren, and tweeted #Jefferfield.

Luc doesn't seem to speak much so less people complain about him. He talked a little in interviews and just seemed more honest. Saying he saved Chloe because it's what you do for a loved one. As well as just seeing to be a Pricefield shipper, which is one surefire way to get points from /lisg/.

No. Silly.
K8 is K8 and she is gr8
Horny is GOAT goat

it looks pretty fucking bad, the gameplay looks- just fucking horrible and generic. Literally nothing but hack and slash.

The focus is clearly on the story and the environment- I hope it gets rave reviews for its story but so far, its so generic it hurts. Vampires with no twist at all, generic internal conflicts about remaining human. I was hoping they would show something, anything with personality. You can kill some generic drunk guy, you can talk to some naive priest about monsters... nothing that made me feel

I would rather sit in Mr. Jefferson's Class for an entire game learning about photography (as Daniel De Costa failing the class). It would be more engaging and lively, which is just sad.

Am I the only Brooke fan here?

The people who made LiS are pretty smart. There is a darker side to Max if you look for it, there's a darker side to every character really. He talks a lot about the morality of rewinding time- period, how its very similar to lying in the dev commentary. He's not wrong. From the Get go, Max invades peoples privacy like crazy, digging through notes and Victoria's room, laptops etc. Its just harder to judge her because she's a player character.

I also wouldnt get mad at Michel for giving us a few clues here and there and promoting his game shamelessly through twitter and youtube stars (which every dev does). He's posting shitty vampyr stuff even though the game sucks, its his job.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>Mr special snowflake ''every evidences are in my pic, my Mari-tier theories are always right''

oh you again

please stop posting this. You're encouraging a Veeky Forums hivemind of stupidity and encouraging people to stop thinking for themselves. Which they will, Veeky Forums is full of lazy sheep who eat shit like this up.

>The people who made LiS are pretty smart.
>He talks a lot about the morality of rewinding time- period, how its very similar to lying in the dev commentary.
>He's not wrong.

Guys I can't read these sentences with straight face. What about you?

CHLOE IS A BAT AND YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG

BAT CHLOE
BAT CHLOE
BAT CHLOE
BAT CHLOE

CHLOE IS ALTERNATE PROTAG IN VAMPYR

SHE'S BEEN ALIVE FOR 1000 YEARS AND IS THE ELDER VAMPIRE

>hivemind
>you're affecting to people's feelings!
>Veeky Forums is full of lazy sheep who eat shit like this up.

p___ major was just a pleb all along

I dont copy and paste my replies and spam them every thread. I've been around long enough realize that people who do that are a bit special.

I hope your screenshoot key blows up everytime when you pressed it

oh come on.
You are the only one who's special here

>kate.ipg
>katesfam.ipg (rip)
>selenaposter ''kate should've jumped'' (rip)
>pricefield.ipg
>alice x lisa choice.ipg
>episode 5 pasta
>shit ain't logical

>hurr durr I don't want to see discussions about this game, hur durr I don't want to see all of these in this thread. I should report them all!!

nearly 200-300 threads all of these had been there and nobody have been neither triggering nor whinning like you. If you don't want to see then ignore.

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

Whoever is this Mari bitch can go fuck off. I don't understand why they're lying either. Why would they? Wtf is jefferfield? Gross.

Luc is a total bro. I hope he has more control over the project. Can't we give luc the signatures and ask for an explanation or an extended ending to sacrificing the bay?

:3

>ywn go shopping with the girls from arcadia bay
Why live, /lesg/?

The need more noses.

Storms pass. True love lasts forever.

>Its just harder to judge her because she's a player character.

Did you get the ending where we can save everyone? - No. But if Max was actually ''me'' I could try for saving for everyone
Did you get the route where she doesn't love Chloe? -No.
Did you get the route where she falls heel over heels Warryn? -Obviously no. As both ending, dream sequence, journal entries imply.
Did anyone who actually 'hates' Chloe get the playthrough where she says ''Nah fuck that I'm not gonna save Chloe she isn't my number one priority and I'm gonna use this powers for my SF dreams?'' -No
Did you get any playthrough where we can actually warn everybody about storm? - No.
Did you get any playthrough where we can find a way busting Nathan and Jefferson out in different way (by focusing on Max and Chloe's bed photo maybe) - No
Did you get any playthrough where Max was in devil mode? - She acted like tough only in killing Frank and it was obviously ooc and shitty way to showing their choices matter card.

What a shitty RPG

How many times has /lisg/ played LiS?

I played it 2.5 times, first for the game experience, second for better decision + taking screenshots, and half for achievement hunting.

One time, for the experience. I just can't go back yet and it has been nearly a year.

Are they the purest couple?

somebody took our revenge, don't worry.

95 hours.

I got bored at the half of episode 4 in my third playthrough

>LucB: I'd sacrifice 10,000 people for my wife! [All laughs]

>Can't we give luc the signatures and ask for an explanation or an extended ending to sacrificing the bay?

It isn't bad idea actually. I wish Petition user was here...

I remember this image of a person with 2k hours in the game

how is that possible

Has Max gone and turned everyone into dolls now?

Lmao fuck Michel. Good shit though.
Not a bad idea? Thanks! We don't need someone to do it, we can do it ourselves can't we?

Probably having it open in the background a lot.

I have played a lot for those 95 hours, can't see how anyone could spend 2k in it.

Forgot my Max.

"That's why you're Super Max."

Depends, how are rabbit's grooming habits?

Michel seems like a cool guy, but Luc seems cooler.

>You're encouraging a Veeky Forums hivemind of stupidity and encouraging people to stop thinking for themselves
>Which they will, Veeky Forums is full of lazy sheep who eat shit like this up.

You don't like ''Veeky Forums''s opinions but you're still here...?

/lisg has been discussing nearly everything about this game, cut contents etc. making predictions (since leaks had been found) For example, from leaks we had been making a predictions about ''if chloe has to die thing comes true it's gonna be a shit because of reasons...but i hope they don't do this cliché'' We were caring about this game a lot; especially waiting for Episode 5's release insanely.

But after the biggest disappointment of the last episode (along with developers' interviews where they were making damage control and were making everything even worse) we stated our critisms here instead being a shit-eater and ignoring details or just focusing on 'tears' like youtube let's players praising about how did they make unpredictable,great job! without questioning anything.

And no one have never tried to change people's feelings or encourage people to stop thinking for themselves. Since Episode 5's release it was a common idea here that Episode 5 is shit (just look at the archives) because we have already been predicting it and saying it's gonna be a shit if they go with nonsense baby's first time travel cliché before its release.

Endings may be shit but we're still caring about this game mostly because of characters and discussing events. But if making reasonable critisms about something makes us full of lazy sheeps then yeah we're lazy sheep.

>Michel seems like a cool guy

you know nothing user

I want to hug Max.

drop your creepy Max doll Warryn!

A Chloe for this Max.

And a Chloe for that Max.

How many hours of that is you sitting still watching the scene where they're lying in bed in the morning?

I didn't even see a single hint at lesbianism. It's like they're not even trying to get my money.

And two for free.

I actually sometimes boot it up just to have scenes like that play on a second monitor, for the atmosphere and music. So probably an hour or even two of that scene alone.

>Halloween only ~2 months away
>!

Trick arrr treat

just look at that face, it's the cutest thing i've ever seen

except all time-travel fuckery game's the most obvious point actually is:

>this game actually focusing on two main protagnoists. Max and Chloe. Max the one who's shy and insecure. Chloe's the one who's carefree,self destructive also trying to be tough but actually cares in deep. After five years destiny, some universe's magical power.. whateva (from Rachel?) gave them a chance to reunite. Both character has their own faults,mistakes.At first Max saved 'that stranger's life' , also was using her powers to help people and impress them with that. Chloe was blaming everybody. Throughout whole game you're actually seeing the character development between them along with what happened to other characters, how their relationship developing more than being a friend... Chloe was encouraging Max all the time. Max became more brave about her actions and certain about what does she actually wants was trying so hard to keep her loved one alive. And Chloe realized that she was acting selfish and her angriness was pointless. briefly they found out no matter opposite Max and Chloe are they also complementary to each other.

and no. yeah everybody has darker side but I don't buy Michel's bullshit where he said ''Max isn't good person'' because of their non-sense choice in ep4 (issue with frank) or defend his ''muh lesson'' bullshit.

no matter she was using her powers to get friends for being cool at the start (before serious things are happened with chloe) she was the one who saved that stranger's life in first place, she was the one who was trying to save Kate, she was the one who was trying so hard to save her loved one's life and it doesn't make her less good person. nobody inthis game (except self-insert warren) was basic Mary-sue character(even Kate made mistakes, she was angry at everyone when she was in depression) Otherwise there would be no such thing as ''character development''

all my kek

There's one character who's a mary sue, and that's Rachel. But she's just the devs' self-insert that everyone is supposed to love.

>rachel (is guiding Max and Chloe with her spirit)
>mary-sue

>but also she got killed by some kid because of high drug dosage
>her body has been at the junkyard all along
>as if it wasn't enough she also became bitch girl who had fallen for Jefferson

We had this argument and I told you that Michel made it clear that warren was his self-insert.

Rachel's inspired by twin peaks character (laura palmer) and her name may be inspired by developers' name. But obviously she is neither mary-sue nor self-insert character if you look at what happened to her.

You're both wrong. The real Mary Sue is Jefferson, Michel's self-insert power fantasy. Warryn is a self-insert but the game realistically depicts him as a pathetic loser. If he were a genuine Mary Sue you'd never be allowed the option to reject and cuck him at every turn.

>confusing art with the artist 101

Where is the quote from this Michel dude anyways? Curious.

Also,
"Max not being as good of a person as she thinks she is"

and

''Max isn't a good person''

Are very different things. Also, please stop tossing around mary sue.

rachel was a drug mule, a weak willed people pleaser who only wore punk clothes around Chloe and dressed normally for everyone else.

Michel's life lessons

>prioritizing your loved one over everyone and trying to keep her alive insanely makes you a less good person
>you must watch your soulmate be murdered in front of you. if you don't do that you will stuck at Peter Pan abomination forever.
>also if you refuse doing this coming of age murder experience, they'll destroy your hometown instead

>...it doesn't make her less good person

and as i said he eventuall mean it, mr. screencap.

>Also, please stop tossing around mary sue.

why? does it trigger you

>password: lis

>eating Michel's shit this hard

Where did you come from?

>He talks a lot about the morality of rewinding time- period, how its very similar to lying in the dev commentary. He's not wrong.
>The people who made LiS are pretty smart.

>Also,
>"Max not being as good of a person as she thinks she is"
>and
>''Max isn't a good person''
>Are very different things

that's why you shouldn't take him seriously

>The more I think about the more I realize that maybe Chloe planned to get Rachel Amber killed...
>It's not nightmare, spirit vision

How could I miss these

I don't like his shit just as much as you do (for different reasons probably). I think he just agrees with what fans say and fucks everything up because you faggots actually listen to him. I'm pretty sure he just says what he thinks people want to hear on X venue, I bet if he was on Veeky Forums he would tell you exactly what you like according to X greentext copypasta. He'll dumb down the game to whatever level he feels you are at- because you can read this game at different levels can't you? He takes full advantage of that.

I only ever take information straight from the game, his twitter is trash I'll never look at unless you guys spoonfeed me the garbage.

Rachel is the deer garbage legit pissed me off. We will never get rid of that entry level idiocy he sprinkled into the dev commentary. He just knew he had to spoonfeed some shitty worthless fake-but-plausable crap into the dev commentary to make the brainless mouthbreathers who couldn't figure out the story a reason to have watched it.

I'm a little pissed you missed Bat Chloe. This is my current theory:

> I think he just agrees with what fans say and fucks everything up because you faggots actually listen to him.
We actually listen him?

>because you can read this game at different levels can't you? He takes full advantage of that.
Is this game a fantasy simulator? We've been already made somethings clear here.

> I'm pretty sure he just says what he thinks people want to hear on X venue, I bet if he was on Veeky Forums he would tell you exactly what you like according to X greentext copypasta.

''Muh my intentions,theories are all that matters developer only saying what you want to hear''

>I only ever take information straight from the game

I don't give literally zero fuck about Michel's damage control comments. But you are only sending nonsense pics where Max was making sarcasm, or characters don't sure what are they talking about and using it as ''evidence''.
I'd rather Michel's shitty headcanons rather than your stupid theories.

MARI UR GENIUS

You were defending that it was written all along and we were just nitpicking. But now you're saying they're changing their minds because of our critisms and Rachel's the deer garbage legit pissed you off because it wasn't their intention from the start (even we seen it in episode 2 on her grave)

If they took fans' critisms seriously then we wouldn't get these binary forced tragedy endings fucko. That's the problem. They are acting like they've made a good job and ignoring all critisms.

You are nonsense theories and Michel can fuck off

>yfw Mari is in this thread RIGHT NOW

>password: lis

>I only ever take information straight from the game

>saying he is taking information straight from the game
>ironically he also believes EVERYBODY in town ded in sacrifice town ending while game was showing you town's damage isn't that worse only believing symbolisms (just like how blue butterfly is harbinger of disaster)
>saying it was because budget issues
>mfw he's thinking that it was information straight from the game

all i can do is kek