Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BA27QZHnw0
pixiv.net/member.php?id=16917001
twitter.com/_ngsk_o119
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i want to have LOVING sex with the [current guildie]/[current flagship monster]!

Is Night Eternal the best hammer?

Reposting for new thread:

Unlocked turns
34-2910-9945-1312
1 slot

remove jaggi

>you will never fight Gore in the 4U demo dozens of times just for fun again
>you will never be oblivious to how shitty the ancestral steppe is again

The 4U demo was the best MH game.

You got your fucking wish in MHGen

It's so overrated I don't get it either.
Shit fight, shit looks, shit armor. Any defense against it is trumped by Maccao being superior in every way.

It's just not as good without my favorite punching bag...

They're better than 'dromes, that's all.

Dromes fucking suck.

>defense against
im drunk

So what? Jaggi sucks too.
Maccao is better than jaggi.

dromes suck but have good lesser versions that are minimally annoying

great raptors are good but have fucking awful lesser versions that can knock you into other zones when they should even have the body mass to make you budge

>You will never experience this for the first time ever again youtube.com/watch?v=2BA27QZHnw0

There was always something so exciting about hearing that song.

It got me slightly teary in Gen hearing it again.

Honestly, I had the most fun with 3U I think. I hadn't played MH since FU, (which I barely touched, but put 300 hours into F2) so I think I had the perfect balance between knowing what I was doing and not. It was like my first monhun all over again but I already knew what was going on. Nowadays it's all about minmaxing and clownsuiting, and while that's fun, I kind of miss the blind exploratory way I played 3U, even though I was on 3DS and played it alone.
/blog

>lesser versions that are minimally annoying

None of the -ggis can paralyze you. Also, none of them were in pre-Tri games, where small monsters are balls to the wall aggressive.

Which of these is the better LS?
It becomes a 20% affinity vs auto sharpen
I can't hellglaive because I can't solo it

>one triple cart and several double carts to joh on frying pan
>finally beat joh no carts
>oh shit, this is the run
>triple cart to the run and jump tag team
seriously though, fuck tirgrex

Narga if you have Razor Sharp, Regios if not, I'd say.

sedition if you want ease of use, more white and auto sharpen. Deepest night for more deeps.

Do you evade often enough to make Steve's gimmick worthwhile? LS has a quick enough movement speed, not to mention fade slashes, such that repositioning shouldn't be much of a problem.

Unless fade slashes count for auto-sharpen?

hellblade

>Dober
Useless set.

do you have a crit set and/or razor sharp?
narga
but really its doesn't matter too much

It's probably Low Rank, so really who cares. In fact Generations really set the bar for armor not being too important.

It's really easy to stack affinity in MHGen and you'll probably be wanting RS either way. Hyper Narga is probably easier to farm than Hyper Steve though.

>Useless set.
wow you just described 90% of the sets

kill me now

AFAIK, fade slashes do not count for Steve gimmick. But I almost exclusively use Adept (with some Aerial for monsters like Gammoth), so I'd say I make decent use of the Steve gimmick.

Don't forget to do the training quests!

>You will never play a Monster Hunter set in the not-so-distant future where Rathalos has been hunted into extinction.

But we NEED Rathalos.

You want Seregios to replace him?

>there are no good fire weapons in this game

>implying the future wont be filled with thousands of its variants and subspecies

Can you even get a checkmark for training?

>I can't hellglaive because I can't solo it
Watch TAs for your weapon of choice.
Study them and understand why they do what they do.
Realize that it's not just RNG that they're getting these amazing times you can easily reproduce their techniques even without the damage up armor skills.

Did that quest on my first try, just git gud.

how fast does provoke go up, and does negative taunt act effectively? Could I make a tank/paladin class with defense up? my friends are gunners, could be fun playing a tank class to protect them

Also if you get to that point again, make sure to kill Tigrex first since most of his attacks are aimed at you while Nargacuga is just dancing around to get a pounce on you.

>it bred with a kushala and akantor
>its now the size of an akantor with its hp, with the wind aura of a kushala, and never touches the ground moves at mac 5 speeds and its aoe wind deals half your life bar, with no way to turn it off.
Nice job anime poster.

I haven't fought Seregios yet, I'm coming back into the game after playing MHFU way back and Rathalos is still annoying as shit.

I'll take Garugas and other Rathian hybrids over Rathalos anyday. Hell they actually made Rathian kind of fun and Rathalos is still lame, it's like they're opposed to making him enjoyable. That said:
>Playing Adept CB
>Just Frame dodge him and swat his ass out of the air with the axe for the kill
I
LOVE
DOING
THAT

Pleas make this real, I want to fight.

just no.
stop playing monster hunter.

Seregios is the new fuckboi that kicks Raths ass in cutscenes.

I personally find him among the most boring monsters to fight

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE I HAVE TO DO THE TRAINING QUESTS AS WELL?

F U C K Y O U C A P C O M F U C K Y O U

>14 weapons
>4 styles
>along with 14 more for hunter and prowler basics
>70 more quests just in training
no
fuck you

>Spamming Silverlos head break sub to get a single carapace
>Get my sixth Los ruby
Ok.

Not that user, but I'm curious. Can there be an aggro sponge in this game? I never really thought of it.

I had an armor set a while back that had that Taunt skill and I never really felt like I was being targeted more.

just because you said this it grew a second had thats constantly roaring in pain, the roar pierces HG earplugs, and goes off at 3 second intervals.
Also every 5 seconds it goes invisible because it had a chameleos side bitch.

Which monster would you breed?

hammer with taunt, eating for provoker and using the taunt HA

Yes.

>70 training quests

What the fuck

Oh no. What is this. What'd I miss?

any of the dromes/jaggi.

How do I save edit charms in APMMHXSaveEditor?

And how do I make sure I'm not breaking any charm balancing rules, e.g. making a +13 Water attack +10 attack 000 charm.

how?

I was debating which of the two was easier to go after first. I went for narga first due to lower health and more familiarity with his moveset, but tigrex charging all around like an asshole sucks. maybe should grind tigrex just to get a grip on him.

who's this artist again?
also poor asstalon

I'm not entirely sure myself. But I'm never excited to fight or even look at him.

I guess I'd chalk it up to:

Boring design/ color pallet
Kinda cool but limited moveset
Gimmicky weapons

Rathalos may be a tiring sight at this point, but I'd take him over Seregios any day.

please stop bullying astalos

>boring design
>limited moveset
>gimmicky weapons

what?
what?
what? (even the gimmick isn't anything really different, it just triggers itself on a random number of rolls)

I just don't understand.
The monster is anything but that.

Don't bother, you don't get an award or anything for completing all of them.

The charm editor will highlight red if you are doing a charm that isn't possible.

Yeah, I'm more familliar with Narga myself which is why I chose to ignore it since I knew where it was gonna strike, if anything fails you can always do it a prowler and kill Jho fast while keeping 3 bars, let Narga and Tigrex kill each other while staying burrowed then emerge to kill the survivor, just mind your distance so you don't get roar'd out of earth.

>boring design

That's an opinion of mine.

>Limited moveset

I guess I have to explain that one. Everytime I fight him, it's always that big ass skateboard swoop attack and those projectiles. Maybe I'm unlucky. He never seems to do that chicken-like talon walk that causes bleed and whatnot.

>Gimmicky weapons

That's what the are.

different tool for Charm making bro.

That would explain it.

What's it called?

MH Talisman Editor

I'll just make Narga LS, Hayabusa Feather and a +4sharpness OOO charm should be good enough to start my LS days. I'll probably end up making both.

That's nice and all but I'm literally too shit for hellglav

I want to be dicked by seregios against my will!603

just use adept or an evasion skill
it makes hellblade a complete joke

pixiv.net/member.php?id=16917001
twitter.com/_ngsk_o119

No user. I'm literally too shit.

>go to twitters of Japanese artists
>find them drawing Undertale, Homestuck and such
I suppose it's only logical since people here are obsessed with Japan's trash in turn.

imagine all the cool stds you could get off one

god i want to get frenzied so hars

I get that Capcom made Astalos kick a Rathalos' ass in the cutscene to make him seem "cool", but it doesn't really work when they make Astalos so damn fragile in-game.

You sick fuck

>him

Also welcome to your second MH title.

*punches you across the area*
*takes off a quarter of your health*
nothin personnel, huntre..

Capcom needs to stop making the Rathalos job so hard. You can't have a mascot and make him look like a weakling.

>loses just a few minutes after being born

It's in their blood.

He's just a babby, though.

they make every new monster either scare him off or beat him down. Fuckin' king of the skies, right.

though i usually find Rathalos tougher to kill than the monsters beating it. He goes into the air more and more as new games come out

Well shit. I'm not even the biggest Rathalos fan, but he's a nice familiar face at this point. Like an old friend. So it kinda sucks to his ass get kicked like this.

I want to raise a baby rathian as a daughter of my very own

>Monster Hunter 6
>Rathalos flies out of the game and into real life

THE 3D IS TOO REAL.

This isn't funny in the least yet I laughed.

Fuck you, user.

>filename

>still able to kick it's ass in real life

At least we'd be able to ICBM toss his ass out of the sky.

Nah you'd only be able to kill it in a pre-rendered cutscene

How does one deal with Hellblade's double beyblade spin as a SnS? I get that behind him is the safe spot, but he's not always that close and I don't always have my hunter arts ready to dodge or I-frame through it.
Blocking has gotten me killed before thanks to it taking all of my stamina on hit, so I don't want to rely on it too much for this move.

What do you guys do?