Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765346&perpage=40
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765346&userid=39050
dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/6540-why-does-the-fgc-like-stupid-shit-and-what-can-we-do-about-it-my-take-on-scene-growth/&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

YATAGARASU SUCKS LMAOOOOO

put jubei in CF

Don't be a pussy and Dodge

gimme

goober gear confirmed our official game

dat boy gotsa purty mouf

>learn (new thing I need to do to improve)
>instantly forget it the second I get into a match
>remember after the match
>forget once the next one starts

How do you guys do your SNK button layouts on modern sticks?

Like pic related: ABCD

Or in a square:

AB
CD

I use the second one but I'm trash at kof

A_C
_B_D

like a man

Does ABCD stand for anything? I mean if i'm used to the whole 1234 thing from Tekken would that transfer?

Who the fuck thought Merkava was a good idea
>full screen normals and specials
>really good air mobility
>a dive kick that can be canceled into an air fireball or a throw
and worst of all
>a fucking ex dp that is not only safe on block, but also leads to a full combo on hit WITHOUT vorpal

pic related actually makes sense but most people are to used to to having punches and kicks in the same row

Lmfaooo that dodge tho

A=LP
B=LK
C=HP
D=HK

at least for KOF

Just block

i just hit 0 lp

I have an 8 button stick and I jump with the lk button.

who do you play

I do KOF 13 layout

AC
BD

Is there anyone more ours than Xian?

laura

>3D
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if i ever met a dizzy cosplayer irl it would be a miracle if i didnt rape her/him

Yeah but Xian is successful and handsome and good at games shit I guess Jiyuna really is our guy

>being autistic

lol?

What button layout do Koreans and Chinese use for kof

That's the point you fucking retard

caln down hawaiin man poster

Are you saying Jiyuna is not handsome and good at games?

abc
d

patrician layout

correct that is what im saying

I use square but in a weird order

BC
AD

Square makes rolling easier for me

Why are people getting so offended by Biscuits saying you shouldn't play SF if you're not making money off it?

Because it triggers capcucks trying to convince themselves that they are actually having fun

He said that?

Holy shit goobers are a parody of themselves lmao. Literally no one more bitter than goofy goobers in the fgc

because telling people not to play a game because they're not making money in it is on part with saying you play a game to make money from it

who

His point is that the game is bad and the only reason to play it is if you are making money off it. He's not saying that you SHOULD play videogames for money.

I set it just like how i set sf, l m h punch on top and l m h kick on bottom. same for kof, just minus the mediums

who cares, it wont make you inherently better and they probably have different setups themselves

there's a guilty gear player on SA who has like 5 entire pages worth of posts in the SFV thread. he doesn't play the game, he doesn't play street fighter period and only posts there to cry about how much SFV sucks and how it's not fair that no one wants to play GG.

I've come to the conclusion that pretty much all GG fans are like that

Well, why is it that you're so offended?

because that's fucking retarded lmao? 99.9% of people that play ANY game don't make money from it

soo...99.9% of people shouldnt play games got it

Eu lobby. want to try urien but all people so far shit on their pants when they seen him on character select screen and quit before match begins.

Ggs dawg

Balrog is really frustrating online, i lose probably 70% of those rounds to full screen rush punches lol

but i'm having fun

He didnt say it in a bitter way, he said that if you are not something like a top 32 player you should play another game; can be GG, Tekken, KoF, whatever. He just thinks the game doesn't have enough depth and is not fun, so its only worth playing if you are making money off it. Daigo only carried on playing SF4 for the money as an example. Personally I like SFV and I wish it had a little more depth and was more fun though, then I would play it more often.

>bronze ibuki from Finland on PC

pretty sure its not Urien's fault

What I find hilarious is how he says don't play SFV if you aren't a top player yet says to play GG, implying that you'll be a top player at that either.

wow how dare someone like something i dont like

meant for:

Yeah ggs. I think I got significantly better at dealing with alex's leap grab/stomp bullshit over the course of those games, thanks for the practice.

NA COMING TO FUCK UP YOUR LOBBY B GET RDY

>What I find hilarious is how he says don't play SFV if you aren't a top player yet says to play GG, implying that you'll be a top player at that either.
But that's clearly not his point. See

then why they accept it on first place :^)

That's still a fucktarded thing to say even if it his opinion

lmaoooo

that's what happens to your brain when you play nothing but dead animu kusoge

your brain just breaks

anyone want to play KI

also is it me or does naotora kinda sucks
fun combos though

But that's something only someone who is extremely bitter would say

Also, source on Daigo only playing SF4 for the money?

>there's a guilty gear player on SA who has like 5 entire pages worth of posts in the SFV thread
link?

Yeah its really not that scary, it just feels like it. I do it until they start jumping out, then I can work in the knee
I wish net code in this game was better though, but long sets get me salty when i cancel into clothesline because I see a hit indicator, only to find out they actually blocked it haha. Have to do a lot more reading and a lot less reacting online i guess

Thanks for the sets though dawg

This might be a bit of a /g/ish question, but do peripherals need any sort of really basic drivers to be plug 'n' play ready? I "down"graded from 10 to 7 and had a few issue getting drivers, first for my router to access the internet to get the drivers for pretty much everything. I'm thinking this might be why my stick, along with my mouse's scroll wheel and microphone aren't working. Anyone have similar experiences or info?

ps4 sticks need drivers to work on microsoft platform

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765346&perpage=40

fug
where get?

what stick do you have

Yeah it's pretty shitty that they thought such ass netcode was acceptable in 2016, especially when ggpo exists. I don't even try to react to stuff like foward dashes online.

How retarded are you? He never implied anything about being a top player in GG, what he meant was that SFV is not fun enough to play and invest significant time in if you are not a top player and that other games are more enjoyable. Even if you are a top GG player, you will not make a significant amount of money, GG is WAY too small for that. If you play GG or any other fighting game that isnt the current SF game then you are playing it for your own enjoyment, just for pure fun and/or wanting to be as competitive as possible, with your motivation not coming from possible earnings.

How do you beat fireball spam?

I kept beating this guy easily until he went in to FIREBALL SPAM mode which didn't do anything but drag the game out and make it annoying as fuck.

What are you sposed to do?

RAP4

Who's the GG player?

x360ce

though more recent models of it should have xinput support

SFV has the most neutered fireballs of any SF game apart from maybe 3. Almost every character, even ones who have fireballs themselves, have specific moves and/or v-skill to get around the fireballs game.

Do literally anything but walk into them.

literally just jump fireballs have so much recovery in sf5 and other then that most characters have a million ways around them like sliding under or going through.

what if people actually do find sfv fun tho

He was saying if you switched to another game you would have more fun, and the only reason not to switch would be if you were good enough to compete at the highest level.

I think SFV is alright gameplay wise. Everything else about the game is shit.

His name is Zand

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765346&userid=39050

Then they probably have poor taste in fighting games. Every other option is better right now.

It's not just SF5. Goobers get triggered by just about everything.

dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/6540-why-does-the-fgc-like-stupid-shit-and-what-can-we-do-about-it-my-take-on-scene-growth/&page=1

>How do you beat fireball spam?
>didn't do anything but drag the game out and make it annoying as fuck.

What are you asking? Did you have trouble or not?

Yes it can be tedious, but did you have trouble beating him or were you merely annoyed?

>I think SFV is alright gameplay wise.

I see this and the exact opposite said about this game and will never get a clear answer.

"dont you know that SFV is so bad that you cant possibly enjoy it? theres no way, its just that bad"

thats the answer theyll give you

I went two rounds PERFECT KO on this nigger until the fireball spam, then I had difficulty getting near him.
I still won but it was just a fucking chore. I bet he felt like a God damn champ.

>The problem isn't that some games are more popular than others, but that people like fighting games for all the wrong reasons
lol

hot diggedy dead

People have different opinions.

SFV is supposed to be a really boiled-down fighter that emphasizes neutral game and has minimal gimmicks and set-play. It also has slightly reduced execution barrier to emphasize decision-making rather than technical skill. It is exactly what they intended...

and it's kind of boring.

I only found like 2 posts from him on the ten first pages. Where's that autistic fit user?

Does this mean bridget soon?

The fact that GG will never, ever be popular and there is nothing they can do to change this is proof that there is a god

they will remain triggered until the day they die

every time i get interested in guilty gear, shit like this just puts me off.

why do goobers get so disagreeable about everything? why not just live and let live?

so he is a GG version of hitbox shill?

>one (1) player of x game is autistic
stop the presses

Click on the "?" and it will show you all his posts in that thread

but he's a fightcade player??

What if someone likes the neutral game and doesn't want to rely on or lose to gimmicks?

It's kind of what makes a fighting game so exploring that instead of slapping on tech is enjoyable to people

SFV sucks lmao

Doesn't that V-trigger stuff ruin that point tho?