1st car

>1st car
>1989 Lincoln Town Car Signatre Series
>5.0 302 16V V8 ~120 HP
>Big ass luxury land yacht
Best part of it is
>Got it for $300
>Old widowed lady was gonna give it to me for free, I felt bad and HAD to give her something

General Lincoln/ Land boat thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5567650065.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>120HP

Landbargecucks will defend this

>f-forget about power, it's "" "luxurious"""!"

That...

is fucking NICE

Awesome first car kid. Enjoy the 0 mpg!

0-60 in $300, so I think it's fair.

>his car takes longer than 5 seconds to reach 60

averages 16.3 mpg
according to Lincoln, it gets 17 city 23 hwy

Sweet. I was going to get a 1978 Lincoln MKIV Cartier with the 440 for my first car, but the guy who owned it apparently gave up on selling it and scrapped it and a '78 Ford Ltd.

>120HP out of a 5.0 liter V8
>American Engineering at it's finest in 1989
But that is a real nice car you got there though.

Damn, those 440's are some badass engines. Too bad the guy scrapped them out.

damn i would sell one testicle to have that piece of enginering for my first car in yurup, cruising down the beach getting more pussy than bmw fags with their beat to shit e46 or e36 and getting a boner everytime i would take a ride in it, man I love these cars and you paid 300 buck for it god damn. someday I will drive myself in a 1973 caddy sedan deville I just need to get my money game on point.

You didn't move fast enough.

Nice, OP. If I had a huge garage I'd probably pick up an 89 Crown Vic.

I was 16 and had no money. They had been sitting there for probably a couple of years, but they were both absolutely pristine inside and out. There was no indication that they were going anywhere, so I was going to buy the Lincoln the day I graduated high school for probably just under $1000, but I didn't know if I would have enough money just then so I didn't call the guy beforehand.

That was during the huge fuel crisis

>Ah yes, the 1973 oil embargo of 1989 . I remeber it well.

lmfao

>>they had 155hp in 89

>V8
>120 HP

how the fuck a 5 L V8 only produce 120 hp ? is the redline 3000 rpm ? is it smooth as fuck ?

Now use the ~1000$ you would have spend on a different car on better heads and a cam or something and get it above 200 whp

>widow
>tries to give it for free
Have you met the ghost yet

It's not, it's 150, and 160 with duals which is still fucking awful.
At least it has 280 torques at a block splitting 2200 rpm

Luckily a HO or Explorer swap is dirt cheap and easy and will add 100 horses to those appalling numbers, which by today's standards is still awful.

Honesty these cars are so shit in stock form you don't need extra power. Just let them float down the road like their made too.

Mines bone stock and staying that way. It's awful and I love it.

Yeah, so what? For decades Rolls-Royce advertised their power figures as "adequate".

Welcome to the landyacht club, lad

Be sure to take care of it, these cars are super comfy

>Pic related: My 89 Mercury Grand Marquis

Didn't you post this a year ago or so?
How's it been for you?

I'm driving this Lincoln now,
32v v8 and surprisingly handles like a Taurus SHO despite weighing a fuckton more

Is that a '79?

fuck off with your bullshit

Very nice OP, post a pic of your interior. I need to see it.

Mmph, I love old American land barges from ~late 80s early 90s.

Here's mine. 93 Buick LeSabre. Got it for $1000. Only 80k miles. I'm 3rd owner. Legendary GM3800, baby just want to run

>triple black '89 Lincoln

Nice find

Looks like a 78 bill blass.

See

>120HP.

Should be 150-160 for that year

Very nice OP. I had a white 93 and I currently have an 07 Grand Marquis so I probably wouldn't go further back and get one of those but I certainly respect luxo barges like that.

How is that little car a land barge?

no offense, just genuinely curious

Rainier is fucking god tier, the P71 is cool too

>little

You haven't stepped foot inside. The room in the back is crazy. Cozily and easily fit 3 fat guys in the back, tried it already. It's like a couch.
Bench seats have insane leg room. Literally First Class airplane tier.
Car goes over bumps and it's like a small boat.

I think the other photo doesnt do it justice

Probably the back end that makes it look small, Most land barges usually have a giant trunk hanging off the back.

fuck man that blue is so beautiful in contrast to my plain white paint

my buddy has pic related
he bought it for 900 dollars and holy shit it so comfy and roomy
honestly an amazing car for the money

>8.2 500 16V V8 200hp /360tork
>20 feet long

Lincucks btfo

Pic is deceiving. That car ain't little. It's no Fleetwood Talisman but it's not small either.

I think you mean 460.
Ford didn't make a 440 back then, or maybe ever.

Don't like Lincolns

OP, the exterior of your car is extremely appealing and kudos to you for maintaining it so well.

One of these is on my list of guilty pleasure cars I'd like to own just because I'm a shallow fuck, and yours is honestly A+.

> 200hp
> an engine half the size of the Titanic

AMERICA STRONK

Looks like someone needs a lesson in geography

An H body is not a land barge. It's a shitty throwaway """""large""""" econobox.

Honestly panthers and B bodies aren't even land barges, you need to go pre 77 if you want to find true asphalt boats.

It's designed to deliver power smoothly across the entire powerband up to above 100mph, same reason beemer V12s don't put out quad-digit horsepower ratings.

looks like someone needs more butthurt ointment

Looks like you need to stop by the Classic Car General thread every now and then.

Looks like someone takes arbitrary measurements of vehicles they neither own or will ever own seriously.

That's sad. You have a life worth living, yet you stay on the interbutts letting that image affect you strongly and believe that it does so for others.

1UZ is not a powerhouse, it was never designed to offer high power to weight like the Small Block Chevrolet. It is however exceptionally well balanced and reliable. It suffers a penalty to its size due to the dual overhead camshafts on each cylinder head, adding to the width of the powerplant and the length of the cylinder head and timing gear.

I have yuronipshit leaf springs on my 'Cruiser, and I think they will be the same yuronipshit leaf springs in two decades. Shit's simple and reliable yo.

>resorting to ad hominems

>this mad

how does it feel to know GM has NEVER EVER won Group C?

But I don't disagree with your position, I disagree with you.

Pretty good, I don't have any GM products and feel no loyalty to a car that I have no interest in.

What "position"? I just started posting because I saw a triggered gm fangirl.

That's an ad hominem, you fool. Resorting to an attack on a person rather than the position that they hold. Your position is that the Nissan GTR is a faster vehicle around a track. That's probably true, so I don't disagree with your position.

I think your a bit of a cunt though.

I still don't consider box panthers classic.

What in the tits are you talking about? This has nothing to do with the panther platform

I mean the thread stated with a panther. Seems fairly related, but I;m drunk and tired so who knows

assmad gm fangirl spotted

See

see

I've seen it, but where to from there?

To be honest I think both cars are fairly uninspiring but the GTR would get my vote.

Haven't seen you in a while man, where have you been?

You told op to visit the classic car thread and some dude says he doesn't consider them classics.

That car wood bee worth $10,000 in Australia

Autistic people who don't understand not everything is a race car.

Only a faggot would own this and not turn it into a lowrider.

This is true.

Fuck I hate America and their cheap and awesome cars...

Yet some how they are jealous of crappy skylines.

Can one swap an LS into it?
/just to be okay on the road, not for speeding/

>drive '99 Pontiac Trans Am
>less than $3000 USD
>300+ HP stock

Only a dirty nigger would turn it into a low rider

i honestly think my peugeot 206 is faster and its a 1.4 diesel.

Look, guys.
I own chevy caprice...
In Russia!

Whats some of my best options when looking for v8 land barges? Currently driving a 91 dodge dynasty and it aint big enough.

If you don't mind gas mileage, a late 70s Lincoln of any sort is a good choice
Like this vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5567650065.html

Panther or the caprice/buick roadmaster.

o cyka

Oooh! That's a great deal!

>heavy rust in difficult spots

Awwww :(

mk3 lincoln continental

>its awful and i love it

kek

what are you doing to my dick

Hey guys, I eventually want to do something crazy with my '95 Town Car since the engine currently has 338,000 miles on it. I know it still has a decent amount of life left in it, but when the time comes I have two different ideas in my head and I'd like to know what you guys think.
Option #1
>Find 4.6l dohc V8 from a 93-97 MK VIII for dat sweet Teksid made forged aluminum block
>strip it down and build it back up with all forged internals and possibly slap on a turbo or two with a power goal of at least 800hp.
Option #2
>I already have a Lincoln 429 engine block that my dad had bought to put in his '71 Mustang when he grenaded its engine but he never got around to it and he has long since sold the car.
>I was thinking that I would get the block cleaned up and stroke it out to 460ci and also have it bored out .030" over since I also have a set of forged aluminum TRW racing pistons that are .030"over. I don't have much else already on hand other than a 10,000rpm rated Accel distributor.
>in regard to aspiration I'd probably supercharge it and the power goal would be 800hp like option #1
For both plans the original 4r70w transmission would be adequate when heavily modified. Overall I actually haven't too heavily in depth about this but it'll definitely be between the 4.6 dohc or the stroked out 429.

TL;DR
Town Car engine swap, turbo 4.6 dohc or stroked supercharged 429?
>pic related

Do you guys feel like you're in an 80's action film in these cars? They're just so long and funky looking

The 1UZ is kind of an embarrassment to V8s desu. A VK would be a much less embarrassing option

IMO the power delivery of the big block would fit the character of the car more than the 32V.

A thousand years ago John Vermeersch's Total Performance of Clinton MI put a 460 in at least one 91 Town Car so it's known to fit without too much drama. They used to sell kits for doing it too.

Oh and why stop at 460? Stoke that fucker out to 557 or more

557 is not enough need moar

You do realize that would never happen right?

I'd buy a 2003+ panther for that dohc build. I don't know if it'd be that great in an old Lincoln. Personally would rather have that 429 in a muscle car.

Meanwhile britbongs were getting 245HP out of a 4.0L i6 in 1989

Why are americans so fucking stupid?

>British electrics
>British reliability

what good is all that power if the electric system shits itself before the engine can even make any of it

>lucas electrics

>4.0L i6 in 1989
Actually that engine wasn't introduced until 1990, and it only made 219hp.

Also,
>25k vs 43k

Great comparison there, you could have the Town Car and a 225hp Mustang back in '89 for less than the Jag.

The 1UZ and the 2UZ and 3UZ have been used in everything from luxury vehicles to the 100 Series Landcruiser. Oversquare short stroke platform with six bolt mains and machined crank girdle helped with the reliability to the point that the 1UZ was voted in the Ward's list for three years running (98 to 00). From the factory floor the shot peened crankshaft is balanced to within .005, plenty of videos floating around of coins balanced on a running 1UZ. As a reliable platform with favourable operating characteristics and economy it achieved those goals and was proven to be a financially sound business decision to produce and fit these engines to a range of vehicles.

So no, I think it's safe to say that the UZ platform is not an embarrassment. Your knowledge of which you speak, that's embarrassing.

>Do you guys feel like you're in an 80's action film in these cars?

No, but I feel comfy.

FAKE AND GAY