Accidentally shift into first instead of third on the highway and personally introduce the transmission to the pavement...

>accidentally shift into first instead of third on the highway and personally introduce the transmission to the pavement below me going 75mph

Bullshit, your synchronized wouldn't let you do that unless you forced it into first.

you don't really know how cars work do you?

please discontinue posting

You can hit 75mph in 2nd?

Nah he's right, it wouldn't have selected first easily

which car did you do this in?

benchracer general?

Wtf kind of car hits 75mph in 2nd? Mine redlines at like 40

>75 mph in 2nd gear
K den lol

shit that never happened.

going from 5th to 3rd to pass dummies

I can't even select first when i'm doing over 35 with my synchros...

he should have gone into 4th
thought dropping one gear is enough to overtake someone
but maybe he had a gutless engine and a pigfat car

probably a Prelude

i thought all american cars had at least a V6

>tfw my Volvo's transmission is so dummy safe that the only problem when shifting into the wrong gear is the noise

Like, I can start in the fifth

It's hilarious

You must have an extremely exciting gear ratio

I can get to about 60 in my car in second. Only do it when I'm at the track though

My auto Ford f250 does like 85 in 2nd

>tfw in preparation for first trackday you put on all new premium performance tires, synthetic oil, new plugs, brake pads, brake fluid, change coolant, tape off headlights
>day before trackday you watch a bunch of YouTube tutorials on first time SCCA do's and don'ts
>feel reassured that you won't be that one idiot with no clue
>morning of trackday you go to garage
>no car
>no garage
>no roads
>you were born in the early 1300's and you have an ox cart, a wife with diphtheria and a turnip farm in the Scottish countryside which doesn't produce turnips
>Mel Gibson in braveheart outfit beheads your family in front of you then tortures you to death with dull axe
>before you drift off completely, he leans down and whispers in your ear
>"nice miata fgt, what's your time on the ring? Why'd you buy a 2-stroke fwd sportscar in the first place?"
>he removes the axe from your lower abdomen with considerable effort sending your anus and ovaries flying into the airport runway above you that an f22 raptor is about to land on
>he holds the carbon-cement axe blade produced by Hatori "Rocco Siffreddi" Hanzo right in front of your Guy Fawkes mask covered face
>you gaze at the 50 cal clip sticking out of the barrel
>he lights the fuse on the axe rocket with his vape machine
>she slowly turns the axe over
>right above where it says "Louisville slugger" there's something covered with electrical tape
>you reach for it with your strapon
>it peels off to reveal a small bag of marijuana drugs that are illegal arranged to spell the word "meme magic"
>right before you die you wake up in your bed at home
>hyperventilating and covered in sweat you yell for your wife's son Jamatavious'russelcrowe'vius to come let you out of your dog cage in the basement
>he does
>its cool and chill you just walk around and talk and stuff like normal it's whatever

>Implying this is even possible

Most cars won't even let you into first going higher than 25mph

>Everyone in this thread cant afford the automatic option
>What a bunch of losers

That's pretty good. Here's your (you).

What. The. Fuck.

>"i bought a civic"

Have you ever driven a car with a manual transmission? You literally can't get it into first unless you're going under 10 MPH

>go to first track day with my purpose bought and built track car
>tfw accidentally shift from 3rd to 2nd when I was attempting 3rd to 4th
>tfw i was practically redlining 3rd at that point
>tfw my ride along buddy saw my tachometer instantly pin against the max RPM stopper
>tfw easily over-revved my 8.5k redlining shitbox to like 11k rpms
>tfw it still runs fine after that

almost grenaded the engine but japanese stronk i guess

>clip

>drive c5 z06
>1st gear does 62
>2nd gear does 90

feels good to be american and own american

That means you can rev to 11k safely whenever you want user

Your clutch loves it.

Start putting some money aside.

That's not the synchros though

>This thread
Veeky Forums is full of fucking retards.

the cherry on cake just arrived I see

Be the change you want to see and leave.
BTFO!!!

It's funny because I've read about people moving the rev limiter for this specific engine up to 10k.

What car and motor? What all mods? Pics?

I like track cars but you kept details suspiciously vague.

Is it a Unimog that you caged and lowered? Please say it's a Unimog that you caged and lowered

It's an mr2 with a 20v 4age

That's neat user. You said you built it for track, did you strip it?

So far I've removed some of the cabin crap, removed the A/C parts, I still need to remove the carpeting and parts of the dash

20V? You might have a Dagumi engine.
Memes aside, the silvertop swapped into the 86 was a group A engine so I don't know if you should go to 11k all the time.

Also where are you located?
There was a 20v silvertop swapped AW11 MR2 that I was looking at for a bit but never went to see.

Mine isn't silvertop, it's blacktop (unless I'm misunderstanding your post)

I'm westcoast

Blacktop is different than Silvertop. Blacktop is 5th gen 4A-GE, Silvertop is 4th gen.

I'm midwest.

Well it was to my understanding silvertops were colloquially known as 16v and blakctops 20v

whoops

Silvertops are also 20v

all the previous 4A-GE's are 16v afaik

Oh dog americans talking about manual transmissions. Most cringeworthy shit I've seen today

t. German

Guess you haven't looked in the mirror yet.

Just take a look at the first two replies and you'll know what I mean

>falling for obvious bait on a shitposting turd recycling forum

>implying you didn't fall for my bait as well :^)

This is the 8th thread today, I completely derailed. I truly am the king of Veeky Forums.

>only 3 hours late
Behind like the rest of eurokeks, as usual.

>being proud of being a jobless nog
Post with your name.again your shitty T-Mobile IP range gets banned

>projection your unemployment onto others
>gm fangirls this assmad

>he thinks being a mod is a """"""""""job"""""""""
Enjoy your summer asstickled nigstick.

What ever could make you think I'm a mod? ;^)

hey alphonse serious question
do you drive a car, and if so what model?

>redline 3rd
>going to 4th
>lolnope 2nd
>redline is 6500
>tach pegs at 8000 and stops moving
>sat at 8000 for a good 3 seconds
>15000 miles later still no issues
according to a calculator, i hit fucking 15.5 THOUSAND. not sure how accurate it is, but still.

C4 lt1 vette

Nissan GTR NISMO.

I bounce off the limiter at about 70 in second

whoops, miscalculated and plugged in 1st gear data for 2nd gear. it was actually over 9300. less impressive than 15k, but still 2 grand over even what the max safe speed is with a tune on stock block

i'm gonna trust you since a GTR Nismo seems a little more outlandish.

Good taste though, the C4 is a really good value too.

samefag

?

>changing your ip
Nice try fucker.

man cmon
just because i treat alphonse like a human being doesn't mean i'm him
notorious shitposters are people too

Why would you not clutch in as soon as the revs shot up?

>notorious shitposters are people too
looks like we got fuckin comedian over here

oh you cheeky kunt
you wrote both cars

you got me xD

Why would you drop a gear to pass someone? Isn't the point to go at least 10MPH FASTER than whoever you're passing? Why not speed up?

Yes it fucking does, nobody in the world except alphonse treats alphonse like a human.
That motherfucker walks outside and people bump into him because they don't even realize he's not a breeze of air

Should get the plug in to ID him easy, like it's hard though.

Half not realizing I fucked up, half shock after realizing i fucked up. Couldn't form the thought in time.

assmad gm fangirls spotted

I know, that's why I don't push it

Still, getting some growling instead of killing the engine is a plus in my eyes

God please be a bait post...

You drop a gear to speed up lmfao have you ever driven a manual

go to bed ethan

Ummm unless you changed your gears, no. I too have a c5z. 1st tops off around 50, 2nd is about 70 and 3rd at 100. Give or take a few mph but what you state? No.

>What's revmatching?

>that's not going to help
>your wheels are still going over 10mph and so is your tranny, even when you push the clutch in

Bro I get my VW Rabbit into first all the time at 15+ MPH, despite the factory-clapped-out shift linkages. Double-clutching helps quite a bit, but isn't mandatory.

Just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Why were you going into third at 75 anyway?

>mfw I have an automatic and manual steptronic transmission

>tfw convenience of auto in stop start traffic or manual on the twisties

Have fun with your shit blowing up if you drive regularly with anything over a 9k redline when at stock.

4AGE's without mods can't take as much as you'd think. You CAN get to 10k safely with quite a bit of mods, but there's a reason why people limit 4AGE's to 9.5: longevity.

If you want a Dagumi :DDD engine, you need a purpose built, custom piece with all the mods on it. Even then the Initial D engine probably needs a rebuild every second race.

I accidentally did this in my jeep at 45 mph. Thank god I still had the warranty at the time

NO CLUTCH NOT A MANUAL

NO CLUTCH
NOT A MANUAL

THERE'S NO CLUTCH
IT'S NOT A MANUAL

...This is starting to sound like a Regular Fur Reviews segment.

There are cars that go 200+mph on powerglides regularly and I'd bet salt flats guys go even faster with them. It's a 2spd.

So when I shift gears, say from second to third, is it normal to feel a little whirring vibration from the clutch pedal as I depress it and press the accelerator at the same time? That seems to give me the smoothest shift.

Also, it's taking me far too long to get from stop to first gear. Giving it around 2000rpm and slowly letting the clutch go as it starts to bite is the right way correct?

And lastly if I'm braking is it okay to brake in say 5th gear to a stop without stalling? All I've been doing is shifting to neutral and coasting to a stop but I know that's not right.

Be a good boy and help me find my sides.

>So when I shift gears, say from second to third, is it normal to feel a little whirring vibration from the clutch pedal as I depress it and press the accelerator at the same time? That seems to give me the smoothest shift.
Dunno what you mean, could be car specific.

>Also, it's taking me far too long to get from stop to first gear. Giving it around 2000rpm and slowly letting the clutch go as it starts to bite is the right way correct?
Learn the balance between right amount of clutch and gas without looking at RPM too much. Try taking off aggressively, experiment with the whole take-off progress until you're confident you won't hold traffic.

>And lastly if I'm braking is it okay to brake in say 5th gear to a stop without stalling? All I've been doing is shifting to neutral and coasting to a stop but I know that's not right.
Shift down gear to gear (skipping a gear is okay too, if you can rev-match precisely or use your brakes more). This way you use the engine to break, which saves gas and your brakes. Learn to rev-match for smooth slowdown, which you already seem to have some handle on if we go by your first point.

That's not a manual you retard

>Dunno what you mean, could be car specific.
It's a little feedback from the pedal. It feels like something is transferring a rotating motion, like the clutch against a surface.
>Learn the balance between right amount of clutch and gas without looking at RPM too much. Try taking off aggressively, experiment with the whole take-off progress until you're confident you won't hold traffic.
Yea that's something I'm still working on. I tend to depress the clutch too fast and jerkily take off so I've been going slower.
>Shift down gear to gear (skipping a gear is okay too, if you can rev-match precisely or use your brakes more). This way you use the engine to break, which saves gas and your brakes. Learn to rev-match for smooth slowdown, which you already seem to have some handle on if we go by your first point.
So when the RPMs drop to like 1500 or the engine sounds very dull that's when to downshift, right? Do you give it any gas like when you upshift? And you can downshift while braking without damage to the clutch, right?

He's right for the wrong reason, it's not a manual because there's no USER OPERATED clutch. Autocucks will grasp at straws all day to pretend they don't drive an automatic but at the end of the day there's no middle ground.