S4 or similar

Anyone know any cheaper, quick, manual cars similar to the audience S4?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quattro_(four-wheel-drive_system)#Longitudinal_systems
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Budget? Idk what a shitty s4 goes for

Idrk rn I'm more of lookingredients for similar cars because I'm poor but love driving stick

BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-class, you know, the models right below their "performance" variants. Both better choices than an overpriced VW.

Thanks man I'll look into it

Alfa Romeo Giulia

2008-2010 Cobalt SS Turbo
For the 2009 model year only, it was available as a 4 door sedan. GM only made just over 600 of them.

I doubt the Quadrifoglio is cheaper.

He said similar not shit box

The A4 is a restyled Jetta with a FWD biased Haldex AWD system and a 2.0L turbo I4.
The Cobalt SS forgoes the mock awd and goes full FWD in a similarly sized 4 door sedan with a more powerful 2.0L turbo I4.

And the Cobalt's platform now directly competes with the A4. Meet the Buick Verano Turbo. FWD, 250 HP 2.0L turbo and directly competes with the A4. Base models are also available with a 180 HP 2.4L N/A I4.

>The A4 is a restyled Jetta with a FWD biased Haldex AWD system and a 2.0L turbo I4.
That's flat out wrong. The A3 is a rebadged Golf, which shares its platform with the Jetta, so an A3 sedan is basically a rebadged Jetta.
The A4 is a B-platform car, so if anything it's a Passat with a bodykit, but I think they're on their own separate platforms nowadays. The Passat has a ttansverse engine, the A4 has a longitudinal engine, and it's the lowest model Audi with "proper" Quattro.

If you want to compare a Buick, it'd have to be the Regal.

S1

All Quattros for longitudal mounted engines had a torsen differential with a default torque split of 50:50. Only VW A4 platform (which has nothing to do with Audi A4 - A3, TT, Golf etc) had Haldex and the new shitty "Quattro Ultra" will have Haldex. Get your facts right you meme spouting retard.

subaru wrx sti

You could get a charger srt8 6 speed manual for 50k like that shitty Audi starts at

A4 still shares the same platform. Different platforms have been nothing but unconfirmed rumors up until now.

The longitudinal engine just fucks up the car balance and adds insane amounts of work to perform maintenance as changing the timing belt.

The A4 has the cheapest and shittest 4wd system.

It costs more.

And for what? A different design and some different plastics?

Save some money and get a Passar or put out some extra and get a proper rwd car or if in need a proper 4wd.

Paying a premium price for a Polo.

a1's are the epitome of stupidity.

Sorry but you are wrong. You should check your facts. Neither all models had torsen neither was the split ever 50/50.

>charger
>manual

>Audi S4
>overpriced VW

Yeah... because who cares about a car that makes 333 HP stock and achieves 400+ with a simple tune. What a piece of shit. Just get a Jetta!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quattro_(four-wheel-drive_system)#Longitudinal_systems

>manual
>4 doors
>50K USD starting
>~350hp

Are you dead set on AWD? Where do you live?

You could probably buy a Scat Pack Charger, manual swap it, and still end up below 50K.

Also,
>SRT8
>2016
It's SRT nowadays.

Do you know the difference between a regular a4 and an S4, right? Or are you just stupid?

Who cares about the stigma of driving an overpriced VW?

>Who cares about the stigma of driving an overpriced VW?
That's your insecurity. Not my problem. A good car is a good car.

An audi is a VW. Only insecure faggots need to buy the overpriced item to show off.

Doing some damage control there eh?

>An audi is a VW
If an Audi was truly the same as VW, nobody would buy an Audi. Despite numerous shared components, there are clear differences. These differences may not be worth the money to you, but many happy owners would have to disagree.

>Only insecure faggots need to buy the overpriced item to show off
Your disgust of people who choose to buy themselves nice things reeks of a bitter, jealous little boy. I think you have some issues to sort out, lad.

Only borderline retarded poorfag neckbeards think their opinion matters on the internet, friendo

the 335i is far better just stay away from 2007-2010 model years

>45K compact sedan
>showing off

Show us where the audi touched you user

Not the one that came on 4chinz asking for advices.

please for the love of god stay away from N54 engines, I have an 07 e90 335i and im on my 4th HPFP, third waterpump and second set of turbos

An optioned out, good condition, 80k miles 2008 RS4 runs you $30k, and for that you get a hooning V8 (the same one as in the R8 i believe) and all the kit.

Have fun.

Legacy GT

Literally Veeky Forums in one post. Just missing a c7 vs gtr image

Not talking about the A4 pal, this is a superior s4 thread

>30k
Did the v8 Audis have the meme timing belt issue or was that only with the previous generation? Wouldn't want to spend 30k on a sedan and not have it be a little reliable

B6/B7 S4s suffer from timing chain failure. Much worse than timing belt failure IMO.

So if you cant afford a B8, you cant afford to own an s4 B7? Is that about right?

Spec B > GT. Get that Alacantra or red leather interior and 6 speed tranny.

Another option is the G35/37 sedan.

Exactly. You'll pay more upfront with the B8, but it will cost less in the long run. The exception, of course, is a B6/7 that's already had the timing chain serviced by an experienced mechanic.

i have an A4

Does it affect the RS4 as well?