en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getrag_F23_transmission
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F35_transmission
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR-3650_transmission
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mother of god

Get it dumb ass

this looks way too fun

/thread

I want that so fucking bad. I didn't even know you could actually install Manuals into panthers. how is this even done? more importantly could it be done with other auto-only cars out there?

Step 1: Find a transmission that will fit on the engine
Step 2: Cut a hole in the floor
Step 3: ????????
Step 4: Profit!

The 1991+ Panthers all use a 4.6L SOHC Modular V8, which is identical to the engine used in 1996-2004 Mustang GT's. So the manual transmissions from 1996+ Mustangs bolt right up to the Panther engine.

The hard part is the pedal assembly as any pedal assembly you get has to be modified to fit

>his car has less than 6 gears

Here's your (you)

pretty much every manual made in the last 15 years has 6 gears

*6 gears or more

No.

Why do you want a manual on a landyacht? The whole point of those kinds of cars is to sail the highways with as little effort on your part as possible, with the car doing as much of the work for you.

Did he put a limited slip diff on the back? Did he upgrade the suspension at all?

My car has a nearly infinite number of gear ratios.

fuck off with your unreliable CVT

My car's maker doesn't know the meaning of the of the word, "unreliable".

Except when the words automatic and transmission are paired together.

find me one production manual from the last 15 years that doesn't have at least 6 gears

>Why do you want a manual on a landyacht?

because autism

Getrag F23
Saab/GM F35
Tremec TR-3650

I tripled your requirements. Now pay me.

BAHAHAHAHA

all have six gears, try again

BMWs used 5 speed Getrag manuals up until ~2003

look again faglord.
The Getrag F23 is a 5 speec manual used in all FWD GM shitboxes from 2000-2011.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getrag_F23_transmission
The GM/Saab F35 is a 5 speed manual was first used in the 1980s in Saab 9000 Turbos and was last used (to my knowledge) in the 2008-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbo.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F35_transmission
The Tremec was used in 2005-2010 Ford Mustangs and is a 5 speed... since it's the transmission used in the Panther OP posted.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR-3650_transmission

Try again faglord.

reverse is a gear, seƱor dingleberry

You don't need more than 5 gears to dorifto ;^)

lel, your not wrong

than why are you making fun of the car in OP's ad which has a 5 speed manual.

And unless it's a panther car, you can't drive in reverse on public roads without slowing down traffic or ruining your own car.

What? My 10 year old Passat wagon has a 5 speed.

*shit its 13 years old
b5.5

why do craigslist fags always cover up the plates?

They don't want the leejun getting them and stealing their car after haxxing the DMV database

>he didn't build his own 5sp panther

crims will make a copy plate and put it on a same model and color car. then they go break the law and hang it on you.

Nuh uh, if they run the plates and they don't match the registration they're getting pulled over dumb ass

it is about not getting pulled over in a stolen car. yes if they do get pulled over they get fucked on the reg but the goal of a fake plate is to avoid this.

Criminals are idiots, they always fuck up, especially when the car is reported stolen

>Speedometer reads about 20% faster than actual so I have had it unhooked for much of the time since the swap and just use the tachometer for speed.
that is just a retarded reason to unhook it.

>downgrading to a manual

why?

Fiat abarth 500

Pre 2015 WRXs had 5 speeds.

Can you imagine a chick getting in that? I mean it would almost be worth letting a chick drive your car to see them confused about the prndl

Jeeps, like pre 2006 were 5 speed.