/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Major League Gaming edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-freeShop 2.0 out now github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Tokyo Xanadu released as the first fully playable decrypted vpk backup.
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.titlekeys.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone know if the Planet Robobot cia leak back in April was uploaded to a certain website other thann Mega?

Why are you still using shady sites to get your roms?

I just want to watch particular sites to see when leaks go up. And Japanese people might use unfamiliar websites.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>tfw still no iosu exploit

>still no vita piracy

>iosu announced by group of moralfags that may or may not deliver
>eboot decryption was a fake
>yifan still keeping henkaku source hostage
>no news from H

Shit taste.

Instead of using an IDE hard drive for a fat ps2, can I use a SATA with SATA to IDE connector?

thinking about killing myself honestly

this looks like acid

Does Luma have native in game screenshots or do I need to download another homebrew app for that?

>installed freeshop because /hbg/ told me
>put the bin file in the key folder
>app can't find keys
I read the readme so what did I missed?

dir has changed
root:/3DS/freeShop/keys

What happens to homebrew when you do a firmware update???

> Go to 3ds.titlekeys.com/ on a device other than your 3DS
> Click the green QR button near "Download EncTitleKeys.bin"
> Open up FreeShop
> Go to the Settings menu and hit the QR button under "auto-update keys from URL"
> Scan the QR code
> Manually update/refresh FreeShop by unticking "Auto-update FreeShop" and hitting "Update"

If you're on a CFW (Custom Firmware), you can still update your system software and keep homebrew/backups.

If you don't have CFW, 11.1 will almost certainly wipe Homebrew. Again.

I'm garbage at all this, does anyone have a prebuilt Neo X/Y patch CIA?

Been trying to wrap my head around it for hours and I'm getting nowhere.

Okay that's not so bad, thanks.

Whoops I thought I was asked to make a bin not download a specific bin, disregard everything I suck cocks

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

To install arm9 when I already have luma/emunand9, which steps can I safely skip? Or should I just follow the guide beginning to end normally?

how in hell are you gonna downgrade 9.2 to 9.2

That wasn't a leak, that was the Japanese version.

Okay, I mean other than that. Should I format set up Rednand and all that?

Cannot wait for Dragon Quest VII to be leaked .

No dummy.

>removing news from the OP
>leaving in non-news
epic

Such as??

how tough is it to do the region conversion on a mark 1 megadrive?

He left freeshop 2.0 in (which is pointless, if we were to add any homebrew update as "news" it would just be too much, and this isn't exactly something important enough) and took away the recent NTR mode development instead of rewriting them in a non-meme way.

So I just got my n3DS (stock firmware was 9.9), followed the guide all the way up to 9.2.0 downgrade, downloaded all the correct files and did everything right. Started the downgrade process, everything went fine, then I got the Nintendo "an error has occurred" screen and now I can't access the home menu (can only hold down the power button to get to the "power off" screen).

Is this the fabled "very small chance" soft brick? Is there any way to save it, or do I have no other option but to recovery mode update to 11.0.0 and return it to store?

Wow, sounds really serious.

Is it possible to swap memory cards freely between PSTVs and PS Vita's of different firmwares so long as they have been activated?

If it doesn't boot without the SD card in, then you went and bricked it

boot without the SD card, put it back in, change theme, reinstall menuhax and run the downgrader one more time

try removing the sd card

>m-muh NTR

Fuck off, cuck!

There already wasn't anything about it in the OP. What did he mean by this?

Nobody gives a fuck about NTR since the only features worth using got ported to Luma, Cakes, and Corbenik.

Unless a slightly easier way to take screenshots, and 7FPS streaming to the PC is really, really, REALLY important to you, it's about as irrelevant as RxTools, and just as dead to boot.

Sorry, I really am. I'm paranoid about not bricking my 3ds and second guessing everything.

>Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK.
What does this even mean
Is this one of those "if you don't know what it is, you haven't done it" things?

Plugins for games too?

it is literally just soldering 3 wires to a switch
it's high school tier

Not ntr the app, retards

Okay, booting without the SD card works and System Settings says I'm on 9.2.0-20E as it should. Do I continue on or is there still a chance it could be a partial and fuck me up if I go any further?

Are you supposed to get the error display after successfully downgrading? Is everything in order?

It means don't use a backup from a different 3DS. Don't worry about it. Also emuNAND and redNAND are interchangeable terms in the guide, truly.

>the only features worth using got ported to Luma, Cakes, and Corbenik.

Screenshots where

Then say DS mode or Nitro Hax you retard. NTR has been a CFW for a hell of a lot longer than your precious DS games off the SD card, which still hasn't been done yet might I add.

Don't stop reading a post and reply to it halfway through

>boot without the SD card, put it back in, change theme, reinstall menuhax and run the downgrader one more time
Try reading what people tell you to do

see >NTR mode
>MODE
he made it pretty clear what he was talking about
also
>recent news for a cfw that was discontinued

It's about NTR mode, as in DS (not DSi) mode, idiot.

also
>the only features worth using got ported
Just because you are too busy shitposting on /hbg/ instead of learning what you can do with it it doesn't mean everyone is as much of an idiot as you are.

>NTR has been a CFW for a hell of a lot longer than your precious DS games off the SD card, which still hasn't been done yet might I add.
The DS has had the code name NTR long before it even existed.

>I don't know what NTR means
>or Nitro Hax
Are you new? NitroHax is a DS homebrew for cheats, which also existed way before NTR CFW and took its name from the original DS codename, NTR.

I'm a retard who's panicking, nevermind. Everything seems to be back on track, bless you user.

now you've done it

Okay, another incredibly silly question

>Part 4 (2.1.0 Downgrade)
>Section V - Downgrading
>Reboot into SysNAND, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
When I originally installed Rxtools, I used Ironfall, and then on 9.2 I spent like 3 hours getting the browser exploit to boot, and then installed the homemenu hax.

So the entry point I'm going to use after downgrading will be the browser exploit again?

who ordered a moth ?
(I'm tired)

>layeredfs
>debugger
>ram plugin

If I have the Undub to Trails of Coldsteel in a Firmware 3.60 vita, will I be able to transfer the undub to PC, and then to a Firmware 3.61 Vita and still have it work?

Is there much happening in the vita hacking scene? I know henkaku just came out but is that looking like it's gonna go somewhere? Trying to decide if I should update my vita to access the store or not.

>The DS has had the code name NTR long before it even existed.

Fucking nips and their love for cuckoldry.

It looks like a Ken Ashcorp OC
______:^)_______

>time to install roboplanet
>install failed
Well shit all that waiting for nothing, how long do I have to wait for freeshop to be perfectly stable?

It works for me.

Hey guys I finally completed hacking my o3DS.

I used a 4gb for the entire process now I want to switch to a 32gb. I dragged and dropped all the files into the 32gb from the 4gb but files aren't appearing. What do?

Once more in English please

Completed hacking my o3DS
I used a 4gb SD card for the entire process of hacking my o3DS
I now have a 32gb SD card I would like to use instead of the 4gb SD card
I tried just dragging the all the files on my 4gb SD into my 32gb SD card but none of the files showed up on my 3DS when I inserted the 32gb unlike the 4gb SD card where it just shows the files.

are you on a9lh luma rxtools?

Yes, firmware doesn't change how cards work.

a9lh and luma

Clone the SD card instead of copying the files. Emunand creates a new partition on the sd card that you can't just drag and drop.

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

thank you.
I asked here the other day before my card arrived while I was in the middle of hacking my 3DS and only one user replied and all he said was to drag and drop.

I knew that was bullshit.

that's because you didn't do the a9lh guide

github dot com Plailect Guide/ wiki /Part-1- (Homebrew)

this isn't the a9lh guide?

that's the Homebrew guide, silly!

If you finished all five parts and have arm9loaderhax and aren't using emunand still like a retard, drag and drop works. The cloning guide is only relevant for emunand.
The console won't even boot without the right files on the SD card after a9lh is on there.

well I'm retarded thanks.

I'm surprised I even got through that guide.

wait, you barely just finished Part 1 and already thought you had Luma + a9lh? seriously?

No I completed all 5 parts.

I have a Vita with TN-V on 3.18. ZHP exploit.

Is it worth it to get Henkaku at this point? Can I get it on my current firmware or do I have to update to 3.60.

>Is it worth it to get Henkaku at this point?
No

>Can I get it on my current firmware or do I have to update to 3.60.
You have to manually update to 3.60 since 3.61 is the most current firmware now.

Nothing but kickass homebrew. Nobody is able to get a game to run that you do not legally own (except adventure time, kek).

As the only reason I bought a vita was for the potential of piracy, I'm regretting having bought mine. Not updating, of course, since I have nothing to gain by being on a higher firmware as I do not own any Vita games.

I give the odds of all this henkaku drama going somewhere around 50/50. Doesn't stop me from wasting hours every day looking at gbatemp, hbg, leddit, even freenode #henkaku to see if piracy is going to be a thing. It's ok to laugh at me.

>Nobody is able to get a game to run that you do not legally own (except adventure time, kek).
What is Tokyo Xanadu?

Updated guide when? It's for a friend

What sort of kickass homebrew though?

You are correct, but it was a dev leak, so nothing really exciting there.

I want muh persona and psp games

>7 days until Dragon Quest VII comes out.
When do you think the rom will be leaked? Probably a day before?

Quake, Doom, and Moonlight if you have a Nvidia card and a fast wireless card in your PC. Some emulators but speed isn't quite there for me yet.

In 5 hours.

>You have friends
Why would you lie on the internet

>New SD card ready
>read the guide, downloaded everything
>finally start the arm9 guide
>luma won't boot
what the
>put in old SD card, untouched
>luma won't boot
what, why

>7 days

It comes out on the 16th of September though.

But 5 hours already passed.

Whenever Gamestop/Target/Wal-Mart gets the copies in before street date and someone is ballsy enough to dump it early, or stupid enough to ignore the street date and sell it early to someone who has a hacked 3DS to dump games with

Nevermind. I did read about luma not having a 100% bootrate, but this is the first time it's happened to me and three times in a row

No, silly user! 5 hours from now!

It'll ALWAYS be 5 hours from now!

I-I just wanted a 3DS theme with lewd Pidgeys...

WHERE'S THE CORPSE PARTY LEAK?!?