/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Burgerwyrth Edition

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7yBYDge5-2c&list=PLiYb6m4BDOeAkCrsOP2TSrMaNk5i8QBVq&index=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Kos, or some say Kosm

I love that picture

Any Co-op?

So, is anything actually weak to blunt in the game? At all?

>tfw going into NG+ makes it so I can't reliably help bros until I reach at least blood moon

God damn.

Anyone feel like helping with Yharnam? Pass is Queen

Cainhurst stoneasses if I recall it right

I think Mergo's Attendants and the Executioners. Anything with armor.

You still can in dungeons

Really? Is coop in NG+ not common in the first half? It all just goes off level, right?

Fair point.
Not many people need help with bosses before Rom (with the exception of Vicar) so it's pretty light.

Picking this game up again after DS3

I forgot how much I love this game. Still my favorite to play. It's so easy to pick up and go, then suddenly it's 4 hours later

Beast claws, MLGS, edgetana, everything just feels so fucking good

I agree with all of this except the part where Chikage feels good to swing around. That thing is boring and I wish there were more options for bloodtinge.

>thinking of making an awoo build
>remember that you need to kill Laurence to get the transformation rune
Now I understand why no one plays as an awoo

>Laurence the hardest part
>Not actually the tedium of getting to Ailing Loran Level 2

What kind of physical stats should I aim for with an arcane build? Or I guess more specifically what's the most demanding weapon I will be using with an arcane build?

Which weapon should I avoid? They all seem to have at the least a mediocre arcane scaling unless I'm missing one.

>need to farm amy
>really can't be bothered

Is it safe to just completely ignore chalace dungeons? I mean I realize there's good loot in them but am I gimping myself by ignoring them or just not being optimized?

>Play as an awoo
>Invade an ayy

There are a bunch of unique boss fights but you won't miss any story. Unless you want Lost or Uncanny, then there isn't much to see other than all the unique bosses.

>kill Amygdala
>get the flowerbuds from the Nightmare frontier while you're on the way to Amygdala
>get the ritual blood from a depth 3 dungeon
Wow, so tedious

It's very limited in PvP but using the whole moveset against mobs and bosses is fun. Edgelord duel with cainhurst crow was godly

I would love another, but the bow blade, chikage and the blood mace (name escapes me) do a decent job of filling out a niche for bloodtinge.

I feel like something else could be added while being unique. Some sort of chain and sickle maybe

You'd only be gimping yourself a bit if you wanted to do lots of PvP. Chalice dungeons are also the easiest place to get echoes. 40k in seconds in the first room of ailing loran

If you are doing Pure Arcane (50+) you don't really have to level Strength or Arcane. If you want to use split weapons like the Holy Moonlight Sword, Tonitrus, Wheel and Boomhammer then get Strength to 20-25 and Arcane to 50. For Pure Arcane you could just stick to the starter weapons and eventually Kos Parasite. If you want to use other non-split weapons then just level Strength and Skill to the base requirements.

Blade of Mercy, Burial Blade, any weapon with Bloodtinge should be avoided for Arcane builds.

Are there any easy PvP spots at level 70+? I need to get one blood dreg for Queen Annalise before I send over Alfred

Mensis is a good bet.

I guess I'm getting lucky then, in 20 minutes I've been summoned four times to Cleric Beast at bl98.

>blood mace
Bloodletter?

Try invading byrgenwerth as well.

I'd recommend against it. You get the best blood gems in there and those are important for actually doing damage, and the shit tons of echoes you can get in no time.

Also, why would you deliberately NOT play part of the game?

Killed someone in PvP, immediately went to Alfred and forgot to go to Annalise first for the gesture

welp

it's ok, she gets better

Ebrietas isn't too far off luckily.

It's okay user, the Vileblood gestures are for egdelords anyway.

>doesn't want more shit in his game due to memes
Anyone know if you can acquire both gascoigne's daughter ribbons by ng+?

Yes. Turn in the box, get the red from the pig, come back to the window at bloodmoon and turn in the red, reload, get the white. I'm not sure if it replaces red with white, but you can just leave the red one and have the white at the same time.

When you give the other daughter the red ribbon, it still stays as an option at the stump watchers, IIRC, even if it disappears from your inventory.

No memes about it, I just think both of the Respect gestures are shit and most of the people that use them are edgelord tryhards, usually in full or largely Cainhurst and madly flailing a Ludwig's.

It's really fucking lame that viscerals scale with skill. I am on arcane build an they are fucking worthless. I do 500-600 damage with a visceral, while on my skill build I did nearly 3k.
On an unrelated note: should I go full arcane or invest some points in strength and skill to use the wheel/HMS?

Anyone feeling up for some bro-op? I'm about to do Old Yharnam.

I'll join

It is lame that viscerals scale with skill, but they only mostly scale with skill. Overall weapon AR seems to have some impact, seeing as my arc build can hit 12-1300 damage on a visceral versus enemies with my MLG, which hits a little over 800 AR, while my weaker weapons only get the classic 500 damage visceral.

Or maybe it's just the MLG being a special case, but who knows.

It's cuz of your gems and HMS having physical damage. Nourishing gems help viscerals, fire/bolt/arcane gems don't.

Pass is bbg123 ringing by the lamp

BT-Powerful guns and 3 special weapons
ARC-Powerful tracking projectiles and a couple more special weapons
STR-Staggers, hyperarmor and high range burst dps
SKL-Fastest dps, next to no hyper armor and fatal viscerals.

I generally took the parry as a chance to do a charge attack when I was on arc build for higher damage.

Thank you!

Thanks! Ill be trying that layer.
I can see what you mean.. Im surprised the gestures with respect in the name look anything but respectful.

The arc guide mentions twin blood stone shards in Yahar'gul, but I've only found one accessing it from the Hypogean Gaol lamp.

They drop from the Snatchers in there.

Scurrying Beasts

You can get three from a Wandering Madness on the staircase just below the lamp. Another three are from a Wandering Madness if you go out of the cathedral, turn left and then left again down that corridor, without going up the stairs.

Which of the ordinary chalices have that fucking place with two bell ringing red spider women and a werewolf?

Ailing Loran, third layer, I think. The true Nightmare.

On a tangent note, the taunt in Guilty Gear is called the Respect button. If you press forward and taunt you get a more taunting animation

Both Loran chalices.

>Been playing offlineborne for the most part since I don't feel like its worth it getting PS+ for just one game
>Desire a couple of "lost" and "uncanny" weapons
>Turns out to go to the chalace dungeons where they're at you need to be online
Well shit

You can make chalices offline, but you're basically just hoping that the weapon you want shows up in the chalice you make.

You can get it even in NG

Just kill the pig after you give the red ribbon the first time or after you get the white ribbon

I'm sorry but I have to post it again.

color it

>It's a "summoned into depth fucking one again" episode

Jesus Christ, these people are level 65 minimum. Surely they can't be that bad. Are they just lonely? Do they need a hand to hold? I don't get it.

Most newbies just summon people to carry them through the whole game. Lots of them start chalices near the end of the story when they're all leveled up.

>beckoner hasn't opened the boss gate
>he wants to go through bonus areas
>boss 1 hit kills him

Anyone frc farming?

Chalices are boring.

Also my level 215 co-op madman gets regular FRC chalice co-op.

Colour it in brother

>215

I want every stat at 50, or at least every offensive stat, so I can use anything, any time, ultimate freedom

He exists now solely to co-op with /bbg/ and FRC randoms, the latter of which he gets with alarming regularity

>need to advance through the story
>really don't want to go through yarharhar

Does anyone want to do the Pthumeru Chalice? I'm trying to grab the Fire gem to get a head start on this build, but the Undead Giant is being a total pain in the ass. I'm ringing by the lamp, pass is bbg123. The glyph is 3n7q if I recall correctly. Its the first story chalice so all the glyphs should be identical.

On me way

Genuinely surprised there's no online Micolash soundboard

iktf

which is why I learned how to perform this skip: youtube.com/watch?v=7yBYDge5-2c&list=PLiYb6m4BDOeAkCrsOP2TSrMaNk5i8QBVq&index=8

It'll take some time to learn, but once you have it down, you can skip the majority of Yarhar and head straight to the boss. You miss some chunks by doing this, though.

Also if you look around that playlist, there's also a method to skip TOR. It's a lot harder to do than just fighting TOR, though.

Moving to the layer 2 lamp, if you're up for it.

That's the problem though, I need the UCW key, chunks and tiny tonitrus

I could run through it with you, if you'd like

Alright, I'm ready for Hotdog.

Maybe a bit later, I still have Bundeswehr and Rom to clear

Sure thing, let me know if you want to co-op it

Anyone for farming ihyll elder with me

Pass: doll
If anyone's interested

Thanks Broccoli!

nice ass

no problem lad

How likely is it to stumble upon one by chance? Is there any way to increase the probability of finding the one I want?

It's possible, and nope.

How bad is it to have poorly optimized gem slots then?
Specifically waning on physical builds

Anybody up for Darkbeast Paarl?
Pass is sparks

Should I just pump twenty more points into arcane or should I get 25 str/12 skl to be able to use Wheel and HMS? I honestly can't decide

It's not the end of the world, you just won't be completely maxing out your AR. Which is still fine.

Ringing

Bump

Sorry, user just managed to beat him.

112 isnt too bad of overleveling is it...? I think I missed the pvp boat.

You can go to 117 and get most PVP

But then again I also have a level 215 and he gets regular FRC co-op and a bunch of those have had bell maidens for invading, too.

You still up for yarharhar?

25str

Absolutely, let me boot up my Dreamcast and I'll be on the way. What's the pass? And which lamp?

Personally, I think going to 110+ is overleveling, considering this game only has six stats and all.