You know you are in the base model when

>you know you are in the base model when

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Chd2u-Jl6MY
youtube.com/watch?v=X46S_ZDDv7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your shift is missing

It has the same engine as the higher models yet none of the equipment, making it noticeably faster from the weight.

>less weight
>Less Bullshit
>Focus on driving and not your built in vibrating dildo massage

...when you sit in your uncle's new 1.2 Dacia MCV and it doesn't have a headunit, speakers or climate control.

>why you should've worked harder

No rear view mirror, it has a steering wheel, no carpet, no radio, no ac,...fuck I forget how many things are optional ina Porsche, there's so goddamn many.

Every extra but ABS, AC and heated windows is pointless. Honorable mentions go to heated seats and USB/3,5mm jack on radio.
t-guy who drives a fully loaded Superb to work and still likes his E36 more

>exhaust button
If that does what I think it does, this is shameful. Do modern Porsches not make a good noise by default?

I'd say AC, ABS, power group (windows/locks).
Didn't know heated windows were optional on anything.. I live in Canada. Never seen a car without a heat traced rear window.

Same with a rear view mirror. How is that optional?

friend of mine has one of these, identical to the one in the pic (pretty decent condition too)
Base model af
>4 speed manny, no ABS and power steering are pretty normal for a car that old, but at least it's already got fuel injection
>no radio, no space to mount one, no holes for speakers
>no cigarette lighter
>trunk cover is a piece of fabric with buttons

desu no radio is a bit to much or me, but other than that I get it.

I have a base model 90s impreza atm, but that's a luxobarge compared to the Polo, although almost as slow. dual range is kinda neat

>tfw started looking for a base model 190E because the Slowbaru is way too practical and reliable, right?

I'm not one to go HURR DURR POORFAGS but given the option none of you would pass a top trim up for the same price, Jesus christ this thread is full of boyracers
>muh 10lbs matters on my DD

id rather start with a base model and option it out with shit that works
even if it costs more and I have to go after market

>no AC

I get not wanting certain options, I'm talking about the autists who would do more for the weight by dieting to a healthy weight than removing two grams by not having an auxiliary jack

Does any Porsche make a good noise?

>do more for the weight by dieting to a healthy weight
there is no real way to measure but roughly 60% of the body is water
I'm still waiting for the desiccation diet program to be real

>removing two grams by not having an auxiliary jack
it goes to far really easy and at times makes the car harder to handle
stock seats are a good place to start with but replaceing them risks messing with the ergonomics too much
spair wheel (many cars dont have them now)
after that the carpet and noise damping
replace things with composite materials/perspex
from then on its stupid things I do have some photos of drilled cars but for now have this

Opens and closes valves, you wouldn't say a person who parks a nice car in a garage rather than on the street doesn't have a car, would you?

>missing all the premium bullshit
>still have a cd player with 6 cds and an aux cord

theres nothing else id ever need.

>...it's a manual
>he couldn't afford the automatic option

You WelshDrive man?

No. I'd say he was hiding it.

Except you have a reason to hide your expensive car. You have no reason to hide your engine notes on a car with an engine you'd want to hear.

You also have no reason to use an exhaust system that is tuned so ridiculously as to mask engine note and provide only exhaust noises. Active exhausts just make no sense to me.

I've driven an old Toyota Pickup that came with no right side mirror. Only center and left side.
Also
>no rear bumper
>no clock
>big empty spaces in dash
>no tachometer
>manual windows and locks

My a/c has been inop in my 240 (common) since I started DDing it 4 years ago. It's never really bothered me tbqhfam. I am just now starting to focus on getting it working, but its not a priority; all windows down is just fine.

Law says you don't need the right hand mirror. Or maybe it's one of those "you need it if it was equipped" or something, either way.

However other than commercial trucks and panel vans, why would you leave out the rear view mirror? It's like fifteen bucks. Same for the right mirror, I guess.

You don't live in humidity. Or are just used to not using AC. House have it?

No AC isn't safe in the South. You might be fine because your healthy but the majority of the population isn't really taking care of themselves that well. All it takes is getting the shits on lunch break one day to send you into dehydration death on the ride home.

I can see why it doesn't make sense to you, you're a pleb.

Actually I understand that faster than 40mph, A/C is actually more efficient, so if you want to save on fuel, get it fixed.

Their NA flat sixes sound amazing, especially the high-revving ones in the GT3 series.

>pleb
>needing fancy exhausts to make my engine sound good
Pick both.

It's like cheating to me. Why is everyone annoyed by piping engine noises through the speakers and OK with using electronics to tune your exhaust sound when that tune decreases the efficiency of said exhaust? At least speakers only take up a fraction of some alternator power.

The button lets you drive your car around town quietly when you want to relax. The average Porsche owner is going to be in his 40s, not some boy racer who wants to rev his engine at every stop light.

I grew up in my mom's 240, with vinyl seats and black plastic trim and seatbelts. The AC probably got repaired 5 separate times on that thing, and would break within weeks.
90% humidity Maryland summers were quite fun. Nothing like peeling yourself off those seats after a ride

70s vinyl seats. Hot southern summers in July. Those seats would burn you if bare skin touched them, once they sat out in the sun for a few hours.

Funny, most cars these days come with cloth seats. Never did understand why they thought that vinyl was a good idea to begin with for upholstery.

No. Generally they operate normally in cruising mode, then a special resonator pipe (which doesn't help performance) opens up in sport mode.

Porsche even goes so far as to pump intake sounds into the cabin. Not even through speakers. Look up "Symposer". They claim it's because the soundproofing is so good in these cars that they need to amplify the noise to get that sporty feel.

I've never sat in a Porsche thinking "my god am I driving a hybrid? It's just so quiet!".

It's that fakeness I don't like. This is a "base model" thread.. And that's an option I don't see as something which should ever be included standard.

Late model mustangs do that too, there's some faggoty hose that runs through the firewall and its only purpose is to pipe vroom noises at you.

Iirc that's standard on the GT. Which is ridiculous.

The only reason I see that being useful is if something ever goes wrong you might be able to hear it better.

Boss 302s have special pipes under the rocker panels that literally just blow exhaust pre-muffler out the sides. For what purpose? Let me do that myself if I want to boy race. Or as an option not included in any packages.

My bad, I phrased it poorly. The valves open when the button is on, "quiet" mode is the default. The sound symposer not only works when the button is engaged but the valves on the exhaust do open more. It's louder and there are crackles and pops as the revs drop. I prefer the symposer over speakers to be honest, it's less of a "cheat" as it is piping the real sound rather than doing it electronically. If you've been in a 911 you'll find it can be a relaxing drive if you don't push it hard and the exhaust valve feature is fine given how popular Porsches are as "everyday" sports cars.

To be fair, maybe Porsche's system is different. I'm having a hard time finding the actual exhaust mechanism they use.

But some cars open up diverter pipes etc. Special pipes tuned for sound. So at all times you're carrying around this extra set of crap just so that you can occasionally sound different.

Makes no sense to me, but to each their own. Just don't make me pay for it and have it on my car just because I want the better engine.

>Opening and closing a valve is somehow equivalent to attaching a fart can to change the engine noise

And
>Why is everyone annoyed by piping engine noises through the speakers
Confirmed FRS/ GT86 driver. Jesus fuck, you've outed yourself as the biggest fucking pleb of them all.

Closing a valve makes the engine noise QUIET. Not that you've ever driven a car with a proper engine, but can you think of a situation where a highly-tuned, FUCKING NOISY flat 6 might be inappropriate?
Do you understand my 'car in garage' analogy now? The noise and note isn't being cheated or faked in any conceivable manner, the 'default' noise and proper exhaust flow has the choice of being dampened at will.

If you ball your hands into a fist, do you still have fingers. Are you somehow cheating your hands by choosing to unfurl your fingers?
By this same analogy, piping speaker noise is like having no fingers, but pretending you do.

I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck as long as there's a heater, speakers and some way of sorting USB input or a CD player.

Porsche's symposer is just a tube channeling sound into a diaphragm, that's all there is to it really. The main point of the active exhaust system is just to give owners choice between running quiet or loud, it comes with all Porsches equipped with the optional sports exhaust. The GT3 and RS have it as standard.
I don't see that option as a bad thing as the average 911 owner wouldn't want to hear the exhaust drone when they're driving to work and GT3 owners may want to run with the valves closed at some tracks due to noise limits.

Read the chain of comments for clarification before you rage post.

I already said I wasn't familiar with the Porsche system in particular, and that it's the EXTRA pipes and resonators and things that annoy me, especially as a standard feature on top trim models.

So it's more like having fingers, but then wearing rings because your fingers didn't look good enough for you. Now, just to close your fist, you have to take off all that extra garbage.

The only blanks in my car are for shit I didn't want like TCS and ambient lighting.

>No. I'd say he was hiding it.
>Except you have a reason to hide your expensive car. You have no reason to hide your engine notes on a car with an engine you'd want to hear.

You're changing goal posts after you got schooled about active exhausts.

But the systems I don't like aren't hiding anything, as subsequent posts mentioned. They're creating noise that wouldn't otherwise be there, and in a big, silly way that doesn't improve performance.

You said it needed fancy exhausts to sound good. I said it sounds good, it has a fancy exhaust to sound quiet, should you choose, and then you started talking about 'some cars' having special pipes tuned for sound.

With all this back-pedalling you should have been a dancer.

And you can't tell me that Porsche isn't tuning that exhaust specifically to be loud and obvious, when the "non sport" standard exhaust system isn't as loud yet gives the same performance. It's like the sport exhaust is making solutions to a problem that it made itself, and charging you 3k to do it. When you buy a top trim (Gt3 or whatever), you're stuck buying that 3k option tucked into the price.

>buying an inferior transmision bec. lol it costs $1k more
Virgin?

>focusing on something that has been clarified and not touched upon again

With all this strawmanning you must have pristine corn fields.

With all this I fucked your mom, your mom has to be pretty much fucked by me.

This is Porsche we're talking about, of course they'll jew you out with options. Ideally the sports exhaust should be standard but that's how the company rolls.

That aside, it is becoming increasingly challenging for manufacturers to provide a "sporty" sound inside the car when consumers demand better refinement. That's why we see more piped sounds these days, be it through speakers or some tube. It doesn't help that more cars have turbo engines so they're even quieter.

You can clean the blood from the dead romanian off with a hose. Same reason rear seats in cop cars are vinyl

And I have no issue with that. Except that it's becoming increasingly standard for higher trim engine choices.

I don't like paying for things I don't want.. Seems reasonable, but then again, cars always come with an AM/FM radio. Who the shit uses that anymore? Especially AM.

Porsche sports exhausts have better flow, better throttle response/ torque curve. No hp gains though.
It's also quieter than the standard.
youtube.com/watch?v=Chd2u-Jl6MY

Sure, it's not as good as a catback, but that wasn't what you were originally saying. You had some vague idea about different components and assumed they clicked together in a way they didn't.

Hub caps make a car look cheap and hard plastic interior

No sunroof
No little amber turning lamps on the side view mirrors
Cloth seats
No climate control
Only 4-6 speakers

To name a few.

There is a nightmare goggle button...

nice

This. Power locks and sunroof though.

Either that's a Carrera S (PASM and it's associated button comes standard), or an optioned Carrera. Either way, it's more than you can afford pal. Only knock on it is the lack of Sport Chrono.

>sunroof
T. Mom

only 3 buttons missing are ones are options i dont want

>air suspension high/low
everyones bags are dickered 25 years later

>ABS
dont need it, more trouble than its worth

>TCS
again, fuck it. barely drive it in winter

still have the options that matter like rear power seats, refrigerator in the back, and rear radio controls/cigar station

>have top-of-the-line Limited version
>still missing buttons

I don't even know what more I could have.

>>ABS
>dont need it, more trouble than its worth

spotted the ricer

youtube.com/watch?v=X46S_ZDDv7M

>there are people ITT who want or need AC
>don't just drive with both \all four Windows down

??? My AC is the most underused thing in my car.

Try living in the south and see how that one works out

they dont do this any more

they normally dial up the power by 50 to 60 hp to cover that

Fucking this. My a/c just went out (Florida) and I'm fucking dying.

I'm really glad my car has a sunroof. If it didn't, my head would always brush the actual roof.

Humid heat is hell itself

But nowadays most cars aside third wolrd and badgewhore tier shit got the basics like ac and abs. But obviously trims like the st can be worth it.
A home without ac is fine but is going to be hell even if it just 20c.As somebody who live Quebec if I had to chose between ac and heat I would take ac even if a car in the winter can the complete opposite of a furnace even at relatively high temperature.