Mazdaspeed6 thread

Mazdaspeed6 thread

Anyone have any experience with these? Looking at trading my 2011 Fiesta for a 2007. Am I fucking up?

Other urls found in this thread:

oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5620223388.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Btw, I have heard about issues with the VVT gear deal and the fragility of the rear diff. mount. The former would be a cunt and a half to replace; the latter much less so.

No it's great I loved mine, too bad I sold it because I was moving. The awd is great and got me out of multiple ditches and snowbanks besides it being haldex. It's pretty quick and spacious always used it for road trips and camping. Any questions? Mine was a 2006 grand touring. Easy to tune as well mine was making 320 awhp

Do it, if it's an even trade.

I haven't heard about that first one but the diffs are an easy fix just replace the mounts and you are golden.

More or less. Currently driving a 2012, my only issue is the mpg but its better than my last car. Comfy to say the least

I daily one, great car. Currently on 18psi now with simple bolt-ons.

Op here,

Link to the ad I'm looking at:

oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5620223388.html

Lemme know what you think

Yeah, I heard that the diff. mounts were easy to do, so I'm not super worried about that.

I was planning on getting a Cobb AccessPort for it. What kind of gas mileage did you get with it?

The only things that concern me are the fact that it has 180k miles on it, not that that necessarily means anything. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so if something is fucky I'll be able to see it when I look at it. I would definitely want some cash tossed on top of it if we traded.

I also have heard that the high pressure fuel pump is good to replace. Anyone ever do that? Also, did anyone have issues with the tranny falling out of gear on decel?

When is Mazda gonna release new Speeds?

Not for a while. Apparently Mazda as a company is too "mature" to be making sports cars nowadays (by which they mean they want to keep making cash cow crossovers)

i owned an ms6 for years

what do you want to know

Fucking wut

Lolled

do not even consider without a professional inspection of the car

wtf

See if he can make it a 7 speed for you. Offer to double the asking price

Lolwot.

Mazda are very open about their position in the sports car market and have said time and time again that they aim to offer their two namesakes (mx-5 and the rx brand). They're one of the few economy car manufacturers to be doing this.

Think before you post and Veeky Forums might be a less retarded place.

They don't make Mazda much in the way of dosh unfortunately and generally aren't worth the time for them. The Mazdaspeed dept does still exist however, though most of the teams that aren't working on racing are on the rx vision project.

i had one. they're fun and pretty quick, but they're also heavy and i wasn't impressed by the awd system, especially in the rain.

they're solid sleepers and the transmissions great. not a huge aftermarket and not very easy to work on.

i had a wrx before it and an sti after and i'd recommend a subaru over an MS6 desu.

the interior was definitely nicer though. very comfy.

do not even consider
coming from

i.e. requires major transmission work

I wonder if the guy is trying to fuck me or if he got fucked in the first place...

Anyhow, sounds like I will be waiting until another reasonably priced one pops up...

he's probably ruined the gears with bad clutchless shifting
i'd bet the others are just as bad

Pretty sure he was referring to the speech where the Mazda ceo

"calls the previous Mazdaspeed3 "childish" and thinks it's time to go a different way. "Mazda brand has become more mature, more upscale, more sophisticated, and we have a new transition of the brand to relate that direction,"

He was talking about the speed3 but really the speed trim by proxy, considering they didn't even offer a second gen speed6. All of Which frankly brings a tear to my fuckin eye considering pic related is literally the first thing in my MS3's owner manual.
Anyway looks like you should take your own advice there, bud.

I've owned a 2007 MS6 for 9 months now. I do really like the car. For the price, there is nothing I'd rather be driving. It is quick, comfy, and unassuming.

The powerband is between 2.5-6k rpm, I believe the turbo looses boost after 6k rpm. The first and second gears are quite aggressive, making it very quick off the line considering its weight. The turbo can get up to 16.5lbs boost stock in 5/6th gear. You typically don't even have to downshift to pass on the highway.

The clutch is odd. It is stiff and the engagement point is very thin. I think that is just because it is a sporty clutch, but I don't have much else to compare to. I drove a stick for 3 years before purchasing this car, and it took me a couple months to get used driving smoothly.

The AWD isn't the most advance compared to audi or bmw, but it still sends up to 50% of the power to the back, which definitely helps traction, whether launching on pavement or wet road/gravel. Turning stability control off can be quite fun, as the car tends to oversteer.

I've got 165k km on it now, purchased at 115k. Have not had a single issue with the car. No parts outside regular maintenance. The VVT issue was fixed with a dealer fix kit/install, but my car did not receive the fix. My car isn't experiencing the issue luckily. A dealer will be able to let you know if the car had the warranty fix done if you provide the VIN.

The rear diff mounts have been known to break after one too many hard launches. You can find a few beefier aftermarket rear diff mounts for couple hundred.

The COBB accessport can be purchased for $650US. It allows you to flat foot and maintain boost through gear changes, launch control, and removes boost limitations in the early gears. There are lots of pre-configured ecu maps for the car. It does a lot performance wise if you're looking to push every bit out of the stock engine.

91 octane is expensive and the fuel economy isn't that great.

All in all, I'm very happy with the car.

Holy shit sperg

You really proud of that FWD sedan huh?

Can you tell me the appeal of these cars? They are like the fatter versions of the Corolla and Yaris

You drive a Mazda6, not a MazdaSpeed6. They aren't the same.

>FWD
Terrrible b8 m8
Also terrible b8 m8.

>the appeal
a lethargic sedan with fwd biased "awd"
no tuning available for the "awd"
a weak turbo
a barely good enough fueling system LIKE EVERY OTHER factory tarbo from mazda
lmao 3600 lbs

oh but it is fwd, until the computer detects wheel spin, THEN it send up to 50% of power to the rear wheels

you should at least give the wiki page a cursory glance

DO this!!!

So its awd then.
Gotcha

i guess if you are constantly losing traction

99% of the time it is fwd

But still awd though.
Thanks for clarifying

its not though

But you said it is

The appeal is that it is an awd turbo car that makes 270 hp from the factory and 300+hp with a couple bolt on things and nobody can tell the difference between it and any other car on the road until they see the Mazdaspeed badge on it.

It's a sleeper. And it makes tsutsu noises. And it makes my penis hard.

So much fucking retardation in this post. It doesn't make a difference which set of wheels are being driven UNTIL you're going to lose traction. If you launch a fwd car that weighs the same with the same power you will get plenty of wheelspin (see: mazdaspeed3). You won't with this car. It could divert more to the rear but it really isn't that bad.

Also,

>3600lb
>midsize sedan

>omg it dunt weigh les than a meeahtuh derfor it peegfat

>Turbo looses boost

You really don't know anything do you?

The only problem I had with the car was breaking a rear cv axle from launching. I got around 21mpg driving around in Vegas. 32 on the highway during the road trips although I've heard of people averaging 19mpg. Definitely get an access port I got a v2 for $350 makes a huge difference with just a remap and it makes sure you get the most from your bolt ons. As for transmission issues I've never had anyone, also the clutch is really heavy compared to other cars I've driven such as a corolla, e90 335i, e30 325i and a gti. Some good early mods are a tune. Oil catch can and the mounts. You only really need the mounts if you are tracking or doing some heavy driving. For canyon carving it's pretty nice. For those being assmad about the fwd all the time except traction loss that's a lie. During crawling or very low speeds it is fwd. that's why it gets pretty decent gas mileage. If you are doing some heavy driving or flooring it you can feel the wheels in the back doing work. It's awd when you actually use it or need it. It's very quick to engage. The transfer case is the only thing you should be worried about in the transmission. Mine never had a problem but I read on the forums that they tend to go if you don't keep up with the fluids and drive really hard most of the time. Mine was a DD and I didn't really race it just did more gravel and off road stuff since I took it camping and road tripping. Also never floor it in 6th grade.