/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

Ke-Tsu-No-Ana
store.steampowered.com/app/472830

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
cave.degicagames.com/

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Gt4r9Vb4ew
youtube.com/watch?v=M5CWWGzmnbc
humblebundle.com/store/crimzon-clover-world-ignition
humblebundle.com/store/search/publisher/Degica
pastebin.com/deNZ6S1q
youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_OW9QlCWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for bullshit in danmaku unlimited

Second for tuna sashimi

Options:
-options transform from spread shot to focused shot per button press
-in spread shot, the options have also homing charge laser for another button
-in focused shot the player has a charge shot instead (on the ship)
-when charging, the player or option can't shoot, the charges are so powerful though,
that it still makes sense to spamm them on bigger enemies
-the spread option is good against smaller enemies
-the focused option is good against bigger enemies

Player shot:
-shot is not so powerful but good against all targets

Multiplier:
-shooting smaller enemies with the spread option or main shot gives hard capped multiplier/chain
-shooting bigger enemies with focused shot or main shot gives hard capped multiplier/chain
-shooting the wrong enemy with the wrong option resets multiplier/chain

Do you think this would be a good system for a shooter?

PLAY STRANIA

It's been a while! Latest video is another Guwange Blue 1cc by CLP. This time it's done with a higher score and using a different character: youtube.com/watch?v=_Gt4r9Vb4ew

POST STRANIA

cool

Bumpu

New PB
Shit but fun run

how good/bad is steel rondo?

Just tried vanilla, it was fun but the music can be annoying

>Just tried vanilla
so...is that notthe same as steel rondo?

the stage 4 and tlb themes are top tier m8

Steel Rondo is the newer version of vanilla Mecha Ritz

how does it differ? and is it worth 6.29 usd?

Git gud

Are you the jazz guy? Did jazz guy ever beat it?

im not that guy its just that I have just been playing this for the past few days and I cant help myself when it comes to complaining about everything no matter the game

Jazz guy here. No, not yet, but I managed to reach stage 5 in a run, which means that I'll eventually 1cc it.

>Are they superplayer strats because a superplayer used them, or because they require superplayer skills to execute?
I dunno. I think the whole run does require superplayer skill and consistency to execute. individually, it's all doable more or less. i mean, doing a few wr tricks at a time doesn't make me a superplayer, that for sure. anyone could do that easily with saved states

1st for input lag

made me smile after 4 frames

>I cant help myself when it comes to complaining about everything
so you're cee then?

Is Cee the western record holder of this game?

wow great timing dude i've literally just done a 56 million run with shishin aswell.

Afaik but then i haven't seen the 360 scoreboard assuming there is one and i've never seen any high scoring replays of it either.

Does this background look more like a space background, or a sky background to you?

I'm not sure if I should add asteroid objects as enemies to it.

Sky for me.

It looks like upper atmosphere. So sky I guess. Space isn't blue like that.

Looks like a sky to me. Maybe try more outrageous colors for the clouds and maybe it could pass as a nebula

That's a pretty good idea! I will do this, thanks!

Is that you kraut de mierda? The sky has some pretty impressive looking depth, the bullet colour i think blends a little to much imo as to many shades of blue.

>Is that you kraut de mierda?
Yes, that's me.

The graphics are all not mine though. They are all still ripped. I first wanna concentrate on the coding, then I make my own graphics with designs like pic related.

more importantly how much input lag does it have?

What would be easier then? The game must be from a top perspective.

batsugun special

>decide to become an athlete
>go to the gym, everyone seems cool
>eventually find out they use crutches like steroids, hgh, and testosterone
>leave gym

how this help you in shmuping?

Be attitude for gains

It's an analogy to savestating, fake scalines, and emulators

Making a bump before bed.

it's a meme you dip

Windia is a meme.

I want to stick my penis in Windia's thighs!

>become disabled
>they tell me i need crutches to walk
>refuse because i'm not going to use crutches like crutches
>can't walk to the arcade anymore
>kill myself

Wording this.

People who use save states and autofire are disabled.

But why? For what purpose?

>start using autofire to practice
>it's a slippery slope
>start using it in actual runs
>become dependent on it
>one day someone breaks in while i'm shmupping
>grab my gun to shoot him
>autofire on guns is illegal
>can't remember how to shoot without it

youtube.com/watch?v=M5CWWGzmnbc

Wasn't there someone from the last thread that wanted to buy Crimzon Clover? You really can't get much lower than this.

humblebundle.com/store/crimzon-clover-world-ignition

Didn't notice until after I posted but it looks like a lot of Degica's stuff is on sale: humblebundle.com/store/search/publisher/Degica

So we all know that keyboard users can be identified by the jitteriness of their movement.

But what about pad users? Can they be identified as such?

To me specifically, I find pad play to be a lot more 'stilted' then keyboard or stick play, but when you get to players like Gus or clp, the lines start blurring quite a bit. So yeah, what would be the distinguishing marks?

t. gus or clp

pad users = shitters

Good pad players have great reading skills to make up for the lower skill ceiling on their movement compared to keyboard players. Some super-player keyboard stuff is seemingly impossible on pad, like super precise micro-tap streaming in PCB.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. One of my practice routines actually is to try forcing myself to use pad for a bit for sections I normally do with keyboard, just to think outside the box and figure out how trouble spots work using a controller I'm not used to. Once I get stick, I'll probably use it for a similar purpose (or, well, I'll seriously practice on it while alternating between it and keyboard).

>If someone got 100 mediocre scores across a variety of game styles all that would really indicate is a willingness to spend time. But if someone spent that same time frame playing a single game and got a great score then that would indicate skill.
gaymers on suicide watch

What are they going to do on the bed?

I love it. Takes two of my favorite things, lods of ubulet and fast bullets, and puts them together. It's also not too difficult if you play for score, I can 1cc the tlb almost 100% of the time and my first credit was a 1cc of the other final boss.

who are you quoting? we all know multi skilled people are better than one trick ponies

pastebin.com/deNZ6S1q He's quoting from the gus superplayer essay.

If it's a bed, then I would assume they're going to sleep on it.

sluts

Why, what do you sleep on?

gus is a shitplayer

He's all right, but the memetic value wears off really quickly once you actually get embroiled in his "guerillas against arcade culture" crusade.

panic bump

what the hell is going on in that image

wow these cucks really need validation to fit on something, most japs do this for pure personal gratification, not for fame in some autistic weeb cred

Actually a lot of them do it for validation in their social circles. But please, keep telling me about your pure Japanese gods compared to us filthy autistic weeb gaijin.

jap superplayers don't have "social circles" you silly

>what are sof, clover, t3, wsm, yusemi, ktl, etc.

meduka meguca

Also most of the scorer Japanese arcades (TRY tower, Daytona III, Game Box Q2, Goody 21, HEY back when it wasn't a tourist trap, etc.) acted as social gathering places for players, both childhood friend types, and people who got into it later.

Jaimers's replays always look kind of lazy to me, like he's keeping his APM low to do only the movements that are necessary.

So I assume that's the power of the pad - whatever you do looks efficient, but there's something that you lose, even if it might never come into play.

>can you reach 150 APM while playing dodonpachi?

the arcade is literally a social gathering place, moreso than anything 99% of gaijin have because you meet with people face to face and watch them play with your own eyes

You can probably get your APM value from the .inp file... Has anyone done that already?

And that's not even delving into the whole "clan" system that focuses around specific arcades (like SOF for the players at Daytona III, and the unnamed equivalent at Game Box Q2, just to give an example).

they are a "social place" maybe on the rhythm games section, shmups sections are full of autistic fucks

>tfw /shmupg/ will never share an arcade irl

>tfw /shmupg/ will never revive daytona iii from the ashes where it now sits

>caveshit hive
it deserved it

fuck you cave owns BITCH!!

Stick is about equal to pad in freedom, but the movements it creates are beautiful, and the physical feeling is like no other. Keyboard is only needed to play Touhou, I think.

>these cucks
it's just one turbo retard

Yeah, I've heard you have to be maybe a bit more deliberate with stick and you can't do as much APM. But that just means you have to plan your routes more, and as you said, the physical feeling should be quite pleasurable.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_OW9QlCWU
is this high APM stick?

Yeah WC is probably near the highest APM I've seen. Almost uses stick like he's playing on keyboard.

Stick is good. Even in Touhou keyboard is only -necessary- if you want to get an extremely optimized WR with no route improvements.

It's just a difference in playstyle desu. Otherwise, this whole hand wringing about controller differences is really quite disappointing.

From my own experience keyboard is objectively worse at horizontal shooters due to the WASD layout needing to switch a finger between up/down, which is the primary movement when dodging a lot of patterns, just like left/right for vertical shooters

I just couldn't dodge a fast pattern where I had to make quick decisions on up/down for shit because I had to keep switching fingers on those 2 buttons, became a lot more consistent at dodging it when I switched to stick

Stick and pad being inferior in Touhou is plain bullshit. Look at Gobou approaching the EoSD WR playing with pad, for example.

You could use HJKL with 4 fingers on keyboard to get around that.

For horis, I could definitely see that. I'm mainly talking about verts though, where controller differences aren't quite as pronounced.

Just consider it on a personal level - do you want to twiddle the joystick like WC, or do you want to press keys? I like the stick more, and it makes me arcade compliant too. lmao

>hjkl for directions
Do people actually use that?

I probably want to try out both, though at the end of the day, I'll probably end up preferring stick despite being completely used to using right hand for directions on keyboard. But I'll save that for when I can actually get a stick and not just poorfag it up.