Cold air intakes

Just got the afe magnum force CAI and I've heard some varying things about how they dont work in winter some say they work better in winter?
Any insight?

You might get a tiny boost, but, nothing much. Fighting for fuel economy most cars have good enough intakes and their fuel injection can adjust ambient temperature.

But my question is What are my chances of some kind of a problem with engine warming up to operating temp?

Nothing to worry about.

MCM

Cold intake is a meme, makes no difference

In sounds or in performance?
What intake did/do You have?
What car? How could you tell?

I just got a k&n intake, is rain going to be a serious issue?

Idk check weather forecast bro

An intake can make some minor improvements if it's replacing a factory air box that's restrictive.

If you really want one just get a short ram intake. It should be cheaper, not have issues with sucking in water, and cold air intakes have a lag due to how long they are. There isn't much difference between taking air from behind tour car's grill or outside the engine bay. Buy an intake to increase air flow, air temperature won't make much difference.

How cheap are we talking?
Just out of curiosity, I mean I already bought the Damn thing so I'm going to use it but in the event of my unsatisfaction is like to know whats good

As far as cold air lots go this doesn't even look that long, compared to say an AEM intake

I don't need to know if its raining if I can clearly see its raining open, I was asking if driving during rain would be an issue

kekkk

this is fucking stupid

Depends on the kit.
Some pull hot air from the engine comartment instead of cold air from fender well.
Some have shitty design and pull water because they dont have baffles and can hydrolock an engine.
The tubing between filter and manifold are probably the best part of the kit.
If its an oil type filter, it performs worse than paper when dry, over oiled can contaminate air meter.
Depends on app and brand.

thtas not a cold air intake thats a short ram.
enjoy heat soak noob

OP update:
I must admit I like it
Took 45 for me to install and she sounds like a true panther now, v noice
The acceleration is a lot more steady and quick
It's not any faster I don't think but I'm satisfied most def

What's heat soak?

its when the tubing heats up from the engine or it pulls in hot air from the engine

essentially negating any positive effect

comon on rice boxes like mines

pic related but not mines

the metal tube will heat up, heating up the air inside causing it to lose power

I don't really think that'll be a huge problem since the filter points away from the engine and is off the the front left also has the heat shield there

That's a long "short" ram

its right next to the exhaust manifold
shits not gonna works at all ive been fucking with the idae of putting a scoop right above it but first the silvia swap since its the coupe

it would be better if the battery were relocated and the pod filter in its place.

Unless your cold air intake stretches to the north fucking pole, it aint gonna do shit.

>air filter
>not working in winter
you what

Source?

4u

Yes, that is correct, homo