Head unit bread

Hello Veeky Forums, my new head unit is both simplistic in the sense its identical to the stock, stylish since its blue BUT its upgraded with an aux input. Ants that's really all you need.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/DROK-TDA7297-Digital-Amplifier-Wireless/dp/B00C4MT274
crutchfield.com/S-emiRfAwA5ja/p_105KDR870B/JVC-KD-R870BT.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_104870DBI/Boss-870DBI.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_104824UAB/Boss-824UAB.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_023NJ220BT/Blaupunkt-New-Jersey-220-BT.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_500W235BT/Alpine-CDE-W235BT.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_105KWV320B/JVC-Arsenal-KW-V320BT.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've never listened to the radio in years. Really they could just get rid of the head unit altogether and just have a bluetooth speaker system that you pair with your smartphone and there you go, that's your future proof sound system.

Although I agree, I find that a good listen to the radio every now and then helps bring new music while riding shiny and chrome

something that can pick up hobby or national radio stations is good for avoiding the Sony/top40 play lists
I agree that there are times where you need to let the music find you

Exactly
There's a couple of good stations around here everything else is shite tier, which is when the aux comes into play

This is all i need

>Forgets phone at home

I have a dedicated mp3 player with FM radio hooked up to it.

Oh is it ten years ago?

>he pays for music you can get for free!

See

See

see

See

Both of you please leave Veeky Forums. You're shitting the place up.

see

>aux input

What is BlueTooth? And for charging, put the USB port in the center console or where the phone will be. So cord doesn't get tangled in stickshift*.

*Whoops. Sorry. I forgot my audience.

Amazon link?

Thoughts on one of these?

bluetooth audio out of some devices sounds like ass
Iphone 4s are fucking terrible, but so are several HTCs. I couldn't stand using BT in my car until I got a Lumia 435, which sounds just as good wireless as using the 3.5mm jack.

Yeah too bad only plebs listen to music on their phone and play through Bluetooth. It's like you give zero fucks about quality

Radio, at least the stations around here, is fucking awful pop and 'latest hits' that are overplayed to death. Best solution is to run an aux cable from your phone to your head unit and play Pandora or some shit.

Op here, this is the shit I'm talking about

amazon.com/DROK-TDA7297-Digital-Amplifier-Wireless/dp/B00C4MT274

I really wish there was some kind of system that could be put into a car next to the existing radio and work.

>head units

Anyone know of a head unit that has bluetooth, audio-in jack, cd player AND cassette player?

Jesus fuck that is super ugly op.

>Veeky Forums

How much does it cost? Can you afford to throw that away if it doesn't work?

Do any reviews mention it catching fire?

They recently started opening up the DAB+ frequencies in my country. It's digital radio, offers space for triple or quadruple the amount of stations FM does, has better sound quality, and is free. I've already discovered a few great stations, some of them even without commercials.

I bought a pioneer head unit, it was the cheapest unit that included everything I needed and works well, those things being:
Bluetooth music streaming
Subwoofer output
Adjustable LPF and HPF
Remote control
EQ(EQ is really crude though, not enough bands)

Since the headphone plug is busted in my phone, im looking for something with Bluetooth, sd card, usb. but wanting ALL of that is damn expensive now days.

Although i saw that mp3 player that looked like a cassette and functioned like a cassette as well
might try spend 30€ to see if something to have

I think its super JDM

Friend has shit car, radio was broke when he got it and he spent $65 on a decent head unit. I don't understand how he can drive it at night, the blue glow from its buttons is infuriating and distracting. It lights up the whole fucking cabin and its like having headlights hit your mirrors at all times.
I much prefer OEM-style where it's more modest and less out-of-place with the rest of your interior. If you have a shitbox though it doesn't really matter, like my buddy.

Why is this radio so shit? It looks so good.
>bmw
>diesel

>tfw have a cd43

>no idea how to get aux on it besides that expensive ass grom unit

atleast it looks good.

Replaced it with this old-ish Sony headunit. Much better sound. Fuck the blue backlight though.

I bought this one because I needed an aftermarket head unit for my stereo. If you hit the mode button the screen completely turns off, and is often how I drive at night. I want one where the buttons don't light up though and they're more physical.

based
i think you do it through the cd changer input but im basing this off something i read ages ago

crutchfield.com/S-emiRfAwA5ja/p_105KDR870B/JVC-KD-R870BT.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_104870DBI/Boss-870DBI.html?tp=5684
I can't decide which to get, pls help. It's a double DIN slot, if I get a single DIN I might be able to get an equalizer to sit under it. It must have a cd slot though

Those both look like absolute ass

>BMW REVERSE RDS

What the fuck is this supposed to be?

(You) send the station ID to the radio station?

I'm having trouble finding anything that looks good, it seems like manufacturers like pushing the flashy bullshit
crutchfield.com/p_104824UAB/Boss-824UAB.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_023NJ220BT/Blaupunkt-New-Jersey-220-BT.html?tp=5684
crutchfield.com/p_500W235BT/Alpine-CDE-W235BT.html?tp=5684
How are these ones?

crutchfield.com/p_105KWV320B/JVC-Arsenal-KW-V320BT.html

What the fuck am I gonna need a $300 touchscreen for? I need the cd slot because it's where I put my phone mount, so having such a fancy display is useless to me unless I can mirror one, or both my phones on it. Even then I'm a poorfag that doesn't want to use most of a single paycheck for a display in my shitbox

you're friend is just an idiot. That Alpine has the option of changing colors to match your interior as well as dimming so you don't get distracted. Great sound too, provided his speakers aren't shit.

Is that out of a fucking ranger?

Also, you can only listen to discs full of serious business with

You could always use an inline FM modulator to ad AUX

So the Nokia amp that came with my Boxster only sends low frequencies to the door speakers to use them as subwoofers

I don't really want to go through the hassle of changing out the amp, so I'm wondering if I should bother replacing the door subwoofers with new ones when I change out the dash coaxials

Thoughts?