Why do the "cheaper" cars (or I guess japanese...

Why do the "cheaper" cars (or I guess japanese?) brands always pick a boring silver logo instead of something cool like ferrari and lambo and shit?

I never understood this

>people putting lambo wheels on their shitbox

I never understood this

Same reason the cars dont look like Lambos.

Most brands haven't kept their emblem the same for 50+ years.
Intricate emblems are a thing of the past. Look at Caddy's old emblem, or chevy's.

For instance,

It usually stems from a family crest, as you can see with the past American ones.

Should of stuck with the ones in the bottom center

The couldn't *have*. People would cry that they were outdated designs. The Cadillac brand itself have changed from being GM's top-of-the-line cruisers to being sportier, executive-eqsue cars. This change of image requires a literal change of image in order for the consumer to catch on that they are taking a different approach to their product.

*They

Some of toyota's old logos were pretty cool

Mitsubishi's logo is three diamonds, although before WW2 it looked very different to what it is now.

"The name Mitsubishi is a compound of mitsu ("three") and hishi (literally, "water chestnut", often used in Japanese to denote a diamond or rhombus)"

During WW2, Mitsubishi made vehicles for the Japanese army, most notably propeller planes like the Zero. The logo was then updated to look more like the propellers of a plane, and that is the way it looks now.

>implying the 1942 logo isn't the best

>hyundai
>japanese

Shitty bait senpai

Interesting, thanks.

Oldsmobile used their Rocket logo for almost fifty years until it was tossed out at the end of the company's life in favor of the stylized oval (modeled after the Aurora's A insignia).

>Doesn't realize top-tier Lexus and Mercedes can cost more than most Porsche

1925 "Cadillac Standard of the World"
1985 "Cadillac Basically a Low End Chevrolet With Different Trim"

Reminds me of a Halo 3 General

>You will never roll with a dragon for an emblem

Apparently the BMW logo isn't based on propellers, but damnit it should've been

>Intricate emblems are a thing of the past. Look at Caddy's old emblem, or chevy's.

Pretty much. Cadillac's latest logo doesn't even have the wreath/laurel any more.

For the last decade or so consumers are trending towards sleeker, simpler designs. Just look at the Apple products. In the automotive industry, Mercedes has had a three-point star logo for decades and McLaren is a fairly newcomer and they just have red-orange arch.

Did someone actually make that story up? It seemed legitimate to me.

it looked like a propeller long before WWII

I thought it was a swan all this time with a Charmin Ultrasoft name like 'celica'

Supposedly it's just supposed to represent the colors of the Bavarian flag

Jesus. GM really destroyed everything that was ever good about the company. Cancer killed GM from the inside..

Speaking of water chestnuts you gotta try broiled bacon wrapped water chestnuts glazed in honey!

Simple logo in a base metal vs intricate multi color enamel...
Ummm, cost per car maybe (?)
5 cents per 2 million cars dude...

Heraldry culture differences.

Look at these Japanese clan symbols.

now a sample of European family coats of arms.

GM killed all the cool brands (Pontiac, Saab, Holden...) in favor of Buick and the ones with a better business case at the time. Sadly normies all want the same damn crossover rehashed 6 Million times instead of an interesting car.

AW11 Eagle > Celica Swandragon

>GM really destroyed everything that was ever good about the company. Cancer killed GM from the inside..
No, no. GM is the cancer that has killed all the good parts about itself until what's left is a shambling monstrosity of stillborn fetuses and parts-binned sedans while the coroner sighs and puts another bodybag into the row of coolers marked, "Cars that were better than the Corvette."

It's not like Buick didn't make cool shit, back in the day Olds and Buick were where you went when you wanted to make something cool but Chevy wouldn't let you.

Just that the divisions dedicated to making cool shit that would later be put into Chevies (Olds, Pontiac) have been unceremoniously killed off, Cadillac is back to rebadged Chevies and doesn't get to make cool shit anymore (Cien, Ciel, Sixteen, etc), GMC is obviously rebadged Chevies and Buick is rebadged Chevies that sell really fucking well in China for some reason so they get to live.

simplicity caters to the largest demographic

Oh yeah, and Saturn is dead, too, because GM accidentally made them too good. Oops.

Looking back, I think Saturn was not a terrible brand idea.

Mclaren's arch "speedmark" is from the mid 90's believe it or not. It's on their F1 cars right after Marlboro stopped being a sponsor.

so thats why pushrods engines are considered simple ehh?

>Supposedly it's just supposed to represent the colors of the Bavarian flag

That's correct. BMW is headquartered in Munich (which is in Bavaria) and the Bavarian flag is blue and white also BMW stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke (Bavarian Motor Works).

It's interesting to learn how car logos are created.

Those logos really fit the time period when you think about it

Yeah Saturn had a lot going for it like the philosophy that they touted in the brand campaigns. Everything else like the name, some design elements and quality were unfortunately not among the things going for it.

How has this not been posted yet. Easily one of the best

Toyota logo is an anagram
Mazda uses a flame as in ahura mazda
and hundai is a silhouette
don't know about nissan (saturn ?)

it is mostly down to culture and history
the ones on the right are all crests and mostly equestrian

When your logo literally hasn't changed in 100 years.

I thought its just the standard of Bavaria in round form
>tfw its pronounced vmv

New logos are always simpler, the logo has to be recognized from a distance and be simple. Any person in marketing can tell you that. Older logos were made by daddy or is a variation of a family/city crest without putting instant recognition first.

McLaren has been around since the '60s building racecars and putting a kiwi bird on their cars to signify their New Zealand heritage. When it was restructured in the '80s, they got rid of the kiwi and adopted a new logo which incorporated the logo of their long-time sponsor, Marlboro. This was further simplified by a single red chevron which later morphed into their current swoosh symbol.

The drive towards a simpler, easily-recognizable symbols is evident in McLaren as it is for other manufacturers as during the '80s and '90s. Other manufacturers changed their logos to reflect the trend. The Toyota ovals, Nissan globe, Lexus oval, Buick tri-shield, Audi rings, Acura circle, Infiniti oval...Just a few that I could name off the top of my head that all redesigned logos during that era.

the swoosh design does remind me of a logo that is used on track pants

turns out it was just this but on a tiny bit of cardboard clipped to them

Dear god that was beautiful

>Everything else like the name, some design elements and quality were unfortunately not among the things going for it.
>quality

Are you kidding? Saturn's build quality and construction was LEAGUES above anything else GM had (and most anything Ford or Chrysler had as well). When GM made Saturn, they gave them their own manufacturing plants, their own design teams, their own budgets, even their own dealerships- they didn't have to deal with the nickel-and-diming and parts-sharing other GM divisions had, and rolled in awards left and right. People loved their Saturns, and the company even had things at the manufacturing plant where Saturn owners could go hang out with other Saturn owners and watch the cars being made, talk to designers, all sorts of shit (google Saturn Homecoming events).

Unfortunately for GM, lots of people (40%+) of people buying Saturns formerly owned other GM cars, taking sales away from other divisions meant to be more profitable. Saturn was also a huge money sink due to all the new tooling and designing, and the other companies didn't like that the new stepson Saturn was getting all the goodies while they had to work with the same pig-iron and sheet metal as their brothers did.

The font changed

that's a chicken

And all this time you've been eating fried eagle.

That's not true tho is it
Mercedes $32k-$190k
Porsche $50k-$200k
Lexus $31-$120k

LFA's msrp is almost 400k

newfags can't hojo

LFA hasn't been sold in 4 years

your eagle has nothing on the Fiero's Pegasus.
Let me know when your Mr. 2 is cool enough for a mythological creature.

The Fiero should have had a phoenix like the Firebird so it would look better when it goes up in flames.

>memes
Name a mid engined car not known for going up in flames. Toyota and even Ferrari and Lamborghini have had similar problems.

$400k? that's cute

Ford hasn't really changed in over 100 years.

In fact the "emblem" hasn't changed at all. Their logo has but I don't know if the top 3 were ever put onto the cars. Could be wrong.

Having said that, it's a very boring logo. Very recognizable though, which I guess is the point.