/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #546 - Archie Canon > Game Canon Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_AFHrEpOBk
shoryuken.com/2016/08/13/sega-renews-virtua-fighter-trademark/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based OP fighting the good fight

>54 more threads until 600

Is Scourge more powerful than sonic?

And shadow?

I don't know if Im really up for a generations 2.

It was fun as a one off but making a series out of it seems like a stretch and we have enough characters as it is without sonic teaming up with sonic again.

user no

he doesn't exist so no

>He's still a character that at one point existed. He's still canon to the comic universe. 251 didn't make all that shit "not canon", it just reset everything.

Why do you think most people are far more interested in Mania?
2017 will sell, but Mania is where all the hype is at.

Sonic isn't that arrogant. Shadow isn't that "edgy". Silver isn't that much of a loser. People need to learn who they really are.

Probably, but it would be from that boost from the M.E.

No.
Probably not.

They should be

Sorry to burst your bubble user
he isn't part of the comics anymore
he doesn't exist anymore
and he certainly isn't coming back

No

>Is Scourge more powerful than sonic?
Yes. But not to the extent that Sonic can't hold his own and pull an upset

>And shadow?
Yes. Archie Shad is actually less capable than Sonic.
Game Shad is roughly even.
Sonic X Shad is OP as fuck.

Saved for the collage of people that believe this

see Im worried that's too far in the other direction as well. It looks fun but nostalgia pandering can only go so far.

I want the series to be good again but I really don't want it to just jack off to the genesis trilogy and ignore eveything that's come since.

A lot of fans think Silver doesn't have as much experience as a hero.

But the truth is, that isn't the case.

In Sonic '06, he's been fighting Iblis for years. In Sonic Rivals, he's been fighting Nega for years.

No. He was just temporarily amped by the power of the Master Emerald.

>I want the series to be good again but I really don't want it to just jack off to the genesis trilogy and ignore eveything that's come since.
It's what most people want. Plain and simple.
Relax, 3D sanic isn't going anywhere.

We've tried 3D games for almost 2 decades now. It hasn't worked. And even the people that liked Generations are more interested in Mania for the most part. Sometimes a series just needs to stick to its roots. That being said, you'll always have new expiramental 3D sonic games, so it's not like they're taking the new games away or anything.

Id love to see the other characters done up in official 16 bit mega drive sprites

>temporarily
If it was temporary, he wouldn't still be green.

>Having collage of user's telling you that green edgy Sonic isn't coming back
I mean we all are bit autistic in here but come on

>yfw

Who cares?
Haven't watched them in years

>Sonic X Shad is OP as fuck
how so?

Good thing that'll never happen.

Maybe they should only release a 3d game every once in a while. Like every 5 to 10 years. Stick to 2D Genesis style games every other time

I mean, it's a little upsetting to know people will take anything Arin says as fact, including "Sonic was always bad."

It will happen eventually, mark my words.

well Im happy with 2D or 3D really I just don't like it when devs pull to hard the old HEY REMEMBER YOUR OLD SYSTEMs nostalgia chain.

You can do a 2D sonic game in modern graphics and fine ways to incorporate the extended history and characters.

I assume Arin wouldn't fuck up the daytime sections as bad as he fucked up adventure. But even if he did I think he'd be like "haha I can actually control him for once" and then Danny would say "Yeah." because Danny is in constant agreement.

The physical mutation wasn't a transformation to that degree.

Didn't they do S3&K at some point and Arin got BTFO?

Eh, nothing Sonic related they could do will ever be better than the 06 stuff.

>Like every 5 to 10 years
No that's an autistically long time. Should be something like every 3 to 6 years.

As a guy who thinks BvS isn't as bad as people make it out to be, I'll say that it really doesn't matter. At all. Like what you like and support it.If other people don't agree with you don't take it personally.

I believe with Ross. I remember Ross talked about Penders in an episode too

Or maybe, they should stop being gayboys and make a solid 3D game instead of trying to make the games all about some gimmicks.
Probably but no time soon. Black Knight made him too mad to do something like that.
Yeah, it was pretty good.

I'd prefer if they swapped out every year to give each gameplay style a chance and a breather:

>year1: 2D
>year2: Boost
>year3: Adventure

rinse and repeat

>Still watching post Jontron Game grumps.

Why not just let Sonic die?
Why can't Sega just let him go?

I know what I am going to do today.

I am going to play Sanics.

Honestly I'd rather they just release Genesis-esque games on handheld or as download for console independent of their 3D games. Just have a separate team working on some side scrollers while main team takes their time on 3D.
And when I say genesis-esque I mean gameplay wise. Because I wouldn't mind them using those games to mess around with having different characters like Rush and the advanced games did (other than Sonic, knuckles and tails)

Why not just let Mario die?
Why can't Nintendo just let him go?

I'd rather be able to play those games on PC with a proper controller

Mario is the most famous fictional character in the world after Jesus though.

Ha. Nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_AFHrEpOBk

I should've said I include PC in "for console"

Dragon fucked him up.

Which Sanics?

1 2 and 3 maybe.

I should be drawing but..eh. Never really played them.

Yup

No. Fuck off back to dA or stadium or whatever shithole you came from.

Hope you have fun.

Sorry you can't accept that my reinventions of the characters (Especially the Freedom Fighters) improve these stale characters

>improve
Nope.

This shit is reminding me of 15-20 years ago when every edgy teenager wanted Sonic to be some edgy asshole. Was retarded then and you're retarded now.

>making characters batshit/jerks is an improvement

Better than making them as Carebear tier childish cutouts as they've been for years now

Why don't you just play something else rather than complaining about the characters you hate aren't what you like?

Because I want to see this franchise imrpove

b l o g
I've read sonic the comic and it's stupid.
end b l o g

It's like me going to the Mario general It's probably a nintendo one sue me and saying Mario would be a more interesting character if he was a father of 5 with a mortgage and a drinking problem and then say that that would make him an interesting character, without taking into account what the character is or the target audience.

>Jesus
>Fictional
Wut?

user, don't bite

Oh god please don't.

haha you know god is not exist
-r/atheism

deploying penders

Except most of my changes aren't that radical. The only ones that could be considered that are Rouge, Sonic to an extent, Antoine, and Bunnie, and Antoine is just being reverted to SaTAM

>sonic to an extent
Also, while I don't want to turn feminist, you've turned two of the capable women in the series into lusting after the hedgehog dick without realising their lovers a twat.

You have also made sure no-one is friends with anyone in a series that promotes friendship.

I just don't get the choices you've made.
I know you think it would make them more interesting, but Sonic Adventures were good in tone and depth for the characters, your ones are a bit too much I think.

Sonic is Gay.
Tails is confused because he's gay for Sonic but no one else and is straight otherwise.
Knuckles is straight.
Sally is lesbian to Nicole.
Nicole is an AI who was programmed to have personal feelings only for Sally.
Bunnie is straight.
Antoine is straight.
Amy is straight.
Cream is straight.
Shadow is asexual.
Rouge is straight.
Vector is straight.
Charmy is __kill.
Espio is straight.
Eggman is asexual.
Omega is firesexual.
Blaze is straight.
Silver is straight.

Prove me wrong.

>Sonic is gay
The only romantic feelings he's shown at any time, while limited, are towards the wimminz.
>Tails is gay for Sonic
Hero worship, but goddamn it may as well be. I think the writers know this and give him a grill every cartoon.

>Shadow is asexual
Marialookshorrified.jpg

>Sally x Nicole
But user she computes from there

>programmed for Sally
Fucking hell that would make Ellidy one sick bastard

Everything else seems in order though, pass through.

>Tails and Eggman aren't robosexuals

Shit forgot to include those my bad user, feel free to correct me.

I also forgot Rotor fuck.

I want to give the characters actual depth and if that means making everyone less buddy buddy than so be it. Rouge also has trouble connecting with people in general if that helps

Ian's already said he has no plans to bring LGBT stuff in the comic

How is this a real person. How.

Everyone forgot about Rotor

I really don't think LGBT stuff should be in a kids comic. A teen comic maybe...

>Eggman is asexual

Would explain things, his other attempts at love were purely romantic

Have all Sonic characters abandoned their chao?

No, they've buried them.

Chao Garden isn't canon

t. Iizuka

Chao went extinct.

Any developments on the lawsuit against Archie?

I think it could be tackled in a kids comic, but not really Sonic.

None that I'm aware of. Might be awhile, really.

>There are people in this general right now who don't want another Sonic Battle.

Tbh the series promoting friendship non stop is what made the characters stagnate

Hey, if Pokemon can do a halfway decent 3D fighter, why can't Sonic? Maybe add some bantz in-between fights to keep things interesting.

>Maybe add some bantz in-between fights to keep things interesting.
Literally every fighter after Street Fighter 2.

Post zodiac signs for sonic characters /sthg/

They are either scum with shit taste or have never played the original. There is no other explanation. Sonic Battle was really good despite the grind.

that would require sega to throw money at a developer to get it made or find some of their employees that aren't working on something and teach them the necessary skills to make a good fighting game

Sonic is a Gemini for sure

Sega makes Virtua Fighter just take the team from that and make a Sonic Fighter.

would I be wrong to post a fan comic here?

>VF Team
I think they're busy

shoryuken.com/2016/08/13/sega-renews-virtua-fighter-trademark/