en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Maxima
youtube.com/watch?v=opSnpSTgVfI
youtube.com/watch?v=mJNhLbRWPK0
youtube.com/watch?v=CW9On2Hq2cw
youtube.com/watch?v=-f58BlmKzQc
youtube.com/watch?v=-JG5eeBzaG0
youtube.com/watch?v=uvYrIew0OcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nissans maxima and Altima will never be "sports cars" or sports sedans.

I'm pretty sure they stopped being called "4 door sports cars" by Nissan over a decade ago. I don't know why YouTube channels that review cars keep digging at it for failing as a "sports car", when it's not. If you look at the marketing for the Maxima, it's presented as a comfy, loaded sedan for the hard working middle class. Nothing more.

>4 door
>sports car

The new maxima is pretty dank for what it is, though.

The hell do you expect from Nissan
GTRs aside

>2 door sports car
>Autotragic

>that guy who doesnt know how much better a 4 door chassis is

gm fangirl detected

>sports car with more than 2/3 door

>3 door """""sports""""" car

>generic search
>1/10 made me reply

>Maxima
>Sport car

Not even Nissan tries to sell it like this,

No. It has "4DSC" emblazoned on the fucking lights.

>the BMW of Japan™

S16 when?

Very soon user, nissan has a few more crossovers they want to start producing!

this is a long shot but does anyone have that photoshop of the maxima that actually looked good?

>be me year 2036
>new s16 Silvia announced
>sweeeet so excited
>tune in on my VR brain chip to the reveal show
>"WE HEARD THE FANS."
>"INTRODUCING THE NEW, LIMITED PRODUCTION, NISSAN SILVIA S16."
>"WE TOOK THE ORIGINAL YOU KNOW AND LOVE AND MODERNIZED IT WITH NISSAN'S ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY."
>Cvt, crossover, fwd 3 cylinder hybrid 5 door sports car
>"NATURALLY ASPIRATED JUST LIKE YOU ASKED. IT EVEN HAS A STEERING WHEEL AND PEDALS FOR MANUAL DRIVING. JUST LIKE THOSE OLD CLASSICS!"
>"A PURE DRIVER'S CAR FOR THE SELF DRIVING ERA."

assmad gm fangirl spotted

>by-wire steering

What is nissan doing?

Innovation that excites.

nothing wrong with drive by wire. it reduces mechanical parts that consequently reduces weight and vibration. it makes total sense for family cars.

I've seen that car face somewhere before...

>Inovation that Excites

>implying I drive American trash

Jesus fucking Christ this thing is hideous. It looks like it ate another car

its ok busrider, no need to get so triggered

I think it's supposed to be a more modern looking s15. Besides, the other concepts look like trash

>implying thats a good thing

>~.67 door car

10/10 I keked out loud

youtube.com/watch?v=x3UpBKXMRto

>sports car
>fwd

woah how do you make those meme arrows

>implying there's public transport where I live

i hate general motors but this meme has to stop.

>[arrow]2011+5 the year of our lord[/arrow]
>not being dank AF bae

I like it...?

God its happening isn't it, I'm starting to cuck.

>Veeky Forums
>discussing nissan/Chevy
No. The thread would be derailed in 10 posts

>implying a third gen Maxima can seat 5 adult males comfortably

>user says it hasn't been called a 4DSC for many years
>you respond with an old-ass poster in which the Maxims is called a 4 door sports car

K

Nope, Nissan still tries to market it as a "4 door sports car". They even have "4DSC" logos on components in the car.

It's not just drive by wire though. It's the first car with steer by wire. There's literally no feel AT ALL, which makes no sense for a "luxury sports" car.

I live down the street from a Nissan dealer and occasionally troll theough their lot.
Pic related. You see this decal in the windows of brand new Maximas.

and this is the shifter of the new 2016 cars. They don't just advertise it as a 3 door sports car. It's fucking branded onto the car as if it were a cow belonging to a ranch

>3 door sports car
*4 door sports car

Have a Q50 but with hiydrolic steering. Much better in every way. the electronic steering is an option that comes with certain packages.

Well considering the average intelligence of the average Murican, maybe s/he needs something like this pointed out to them.

Then again, maybe the stupid that's infested Murica has jumped the Pacific and is ravaging the holy land of Nippon.

Its an option on the infinities.

My bad, never saw any of this shit before.

Well, cvt and ff are hardly sporty so idunno what Nissan are thinking.

The Maxima has always been FF.
Despite that, from 1990 until 2003, the Maxima actually did lice up to the 4 door sports car advertising slogan, with the glory years being 1995-2003.
2004 was when it all went to shit.
In 2002, Nissan introduced the new Altima. The new Altima was cheaper than the Maxima, bigger inside, and offered the same 3.5L VQ35DE engine. The Maxima was supposed to be Nissan's flagship luxury/sport sedan. So 2004 was a rushjob new generation actually based on the new Altima. And the Maxima has been based on the Altima ever since. 1995-2003 Maxima's are the best ones and actually deserve the 4DSC moniker.
2004-2006 models weren't complete trash. There was a 6 speed manual on offer and the 5 speed automatic, while dull, was reliable and responsive.
In 2007 though, they killed both transmission options and the Maxima has been CVT only ever since.

Was reading this article motortrend.com/news/2016-nissan-maxima-sr-review-update-4/ and noticed this quote in the beginning:
>Now in its eighth-generation, Nissan is again marketing its midsize premium sedan as a four-door sports car.

I actually got a look at a gen 7 Maxima in a parking lot yesterday, I was specifically looking for the "4DSC" emblazoning on the tail lights or anywhere else on the car, but didn't find any. Did they *not* call it a 4DSC from gen 4 to gen 7 and are now reviving that jargon, or am I missing something?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Maxima
>Eighth generation (A36; 2015–present)
>The Maxima was unveiled at the April New York Auto Show 2015. Sporting an athletic body redesign, it features Nissan's "Four-Door Sports Car" positioning, a return to a marketing term used on the Third Generation J30 series (1988-1992).
>a return
>return

>am I missing something here?
this sticker
is on gen 7 cars.

And ever since Nissan STARTED advertising the Maxima as a 4 door sports car, they haven't stopped.

Gens 4 through 7 may not have explicitly stated it but the idea damned sure is HEAVILY implied in the advertising.

Gen 4:
youtube.com/watch?v=opSnpSTgVfI

Gen 5 (2000-2001 3.0L):
youtube.com/watch?v=mJNhLbRWPK0

Gen 5.5 (2002-2003 3.5L):
youtube.com/watch?v=CW9On2Hq2cw

Gen 6:
youtube.com/watch?v=-f58BlmKzQc
youtube.com/watch?v=-JG5eeBzaG0

Gen 7:
youtube.com/watch?v=uvYrIew0OcE

Those ads were fun. Anyways, thanks for the clarification

If it had a regular auto and 6 speed manual that thing would be really fast in the 3.5l

My buddy has an 03 maxima, completely beat to shit and just in general horrible $500 shitbox condition, oddly fast and had a fresh gear at 120..

>oddly fast
Maxima's have been known to be sleepers for years.

i guess you could say that since bimmers have the most problematic out of the 3 German makes

there's a ton of problems with the infiniti g35 involving things like position sensors, oil burning, the cd changer, window motors, crunchy manual transmissions, the gas guage and the list goes on and on

I'm gonna sell mine and get a lexus ls430...those things are reliable af and don't need too much maintenance for the caliber of car that it is

>4dsc

Yeah and I've driven the models without it. The steering is still numb as shit. The new ATS and IS have way better steering racks than the Q50. Even the 3 series, even though its numb, has more precise steering.