/dg/ Duelyst General

Steam release - edition

>Link:
duelyst.com/

>what is Duelyst?
Duelyst is a Strategic and fast paced collectible card game very similiar to HS, but with a very significant twist. it has a chess like field that you position your generals and monsters on. this is not a game where you only have 5 or 6 spaces to place your cards anywhere you chose, positioning is extremly important to wining. This makes it to where its less about luck and more about brains, granted luck is still a factor with any card based game

>Patch:
news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-70/

>Deck lists
reddit.com/r/duelyst/wiki/decklists

anything im missing could be added to the next thread if there is one.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/dyg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Yu-Gi-Oh!

if yung slithar don't trust ya...

First for hearthstone is better and you are a bunch of butthurt special snowflakes

Who /ElderScrollsLegends/ ?

:^)

>haven't played since before they added not-hero powers and the changed draws and starting hands
I probably missed out on so much free shit by not at least playing a couple games every month

later homo

>tfw faie will never use those lips on you

>no one else plays

help me remember why I quit this game in the first place

Legendary spam?

First for Vanguard

There's already a /dg/

Rename this thread

I agree. This is now /dug/.

division general is /divg/ tho...

AWW SHIT AER WE BACK?

also it should be /dyg/ not /dg/

Because it's been 4 months since the last /dyg/ duelyst general was created

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/dyg/

how's the game in general?

pay2win?

Is this game any good? Gonna give it a try now...

If I remember right Duelyst has a fairly high drop rate for rare cards so it's not too p2w and with the reliance on board placement individual skill is also important
It's just that you can put 4 of every card in your deck so you'll probably need more of that specific rare card
you can still dust and craft shit like in Hearthstone though

not really, although it is more grindy now than before the patch if you don't want to P2W.

>Constants
Cost 100g for an orb
Cost 150g for Gauntlet
20g - 30g per quest
5g per 2 wins

>Pre-Microtransaction Patch
25g for first win of the day
15g additional for every 2 wins (obtainable 10x a day)
Welcome Back quest (for not completeing a quest by the end of the day) 10g per quest stacks to 50g max

>Post Patch
20g for First Win of the Day
10g additional for every 2 wins (obtainable 10x a day)
5g for solving a daily puzzle
Welcome Back quest stacks to 30g Max. Starts at 10g and increases by 5 per additional unfinished quest I believe

*3 of a card

whooops

it's comfy
getting coins is easy too

So I logged in and got one of every card for some reason. Too bad all the old decks I used like heal lyonar and otk fox songhai seem to be obsolete or really changed now
Good to see this general back at least, haven't seen it in many months
Anyone here been keeping up with the meta?

Yeah because you can have 3 of each legendary per deck rather than hearthstone's 1 limit
so you get 3 lady lockes with the p2w vetruvian deck and lady amanes
gg
least that's why I quit

It's also ded

You probably won't be coming back then. The shimzar expansion that's coming has a lot of 8 mana and other legends coming in. For instance, creep is getting gutted to only do 1 dmg now. There's a card that's basically a creep version of Vorpal Reaver with provoke instead and a 8 mana that destroys all creep to deal that much damage to all enemies, but they're all legendary. If you want to have fun you're going to have to cough up some cash.

I've considered dropping 50 for the preorder deal, but I think I might just drop the game depending how much the meta shifts to need the legendary cards.

>For instance, creep is getting gutted to only do 1 dmg now.
I always hated abyssians desu
Yeah I don't think I'll be coming back. I got to diamond 4 back in october 2015, haven't bothered since.

do I need to spend money to get anywhere in this game

No, in game currency is pretty much thrown at your face.

if you want to be competitive yes

MTG > HS casual fggt

I just downloaded this game, does friend refer give anyone anything? would anyone like me to put their name on my refer thing?

We need more people in this thread.

Sure, loggin in rn

whats your name? i'll put it put you as my referer

lasertaser

Done

Really fun so far. Is the meta more varied than Hearthstone or are there a few obviously good ways to build a deck?

I mean if you want to play in tournaments you're going to have to use pretty tried and true builds right now but anyone can get to the highest tier of ranked with relatively varied decks
but there are always staple cards and certain cards being better than others

Current meta for cheap people is Kara decks, as they only require low cost, neutral minions to be great thanks to her Bloodborn spell. Very cheap deck to make, but a lot of people find her boring and predictable to play. I think CPG might nerf her soon.

Other decks that are annoying and current is Cassyva decks with shadow creep bullshittery. A little more expensive than Kara but if you wait until turn 7 you basically win the game with mass shadow creep AKA shadow nova. Thankfully when the expansion comes out in a week or so Shadow Creep will be balanced.

Much more varied in Hearthstone since positioning plays a much greater role in this game.

Especially since you're starting out you'd want to build your decks with some good core neutral minions such as:
Bloodtear alchemist
Healing mystic
Primus fist
Primus shieldmaster
SABERSPINE TIGER
Jaxi
Ephemeral shroud
Dancing Blades

than Hearthstone, my bad

Is this still a field-literally-does-not-matter-out-of-hand-1turn-combo shitshow it was a year ago?

It turned into a game-is-decided-by-rng-cards shitshow and is kind of going the hearthstone way to be more accessible.

they changed the game to 1 card draw so no.

>1 card draw

Do I just go about customizing decks once I pick a main starter deck to build around or what?

yeah, this is more dead than yesterday

i've tried making threads on /v/ but i rarely get discussion pulled in. Hardly enough for a general. Maybe someone else should try and get some more people here once it hits Steam.

We have to live!!!!

hey guys, /dg/ has already been taken, try to make a different acronym for your general.

Don't worry this one will disappear in a few days.